Final

Love At First Sight

"Are you guys even coming, or should I leave you both here?"


Kyuhyun was in a bad mood. The relaxation that he had managed to receive from the vacation, was going down the drain with the stress he was facing. He hated how a perfect, well near perfect holiday, was about to turn into a nightmare. Okay maybe he was exaggerating a bit, the situation was not that dire as he was making it out to be, yet.


Kyuhyun made a brilliant mistake when he agreed to accompany his friends to an overseas vacation. It had been a long time since he had seen any place other than the university campus, so a trip to Greece was a perfect solution. He could see some new places, meet new people and soak up the Mediterranean sun. Moreover he had learned of a gamers convention happening in Athens during his vacation, and he was not about to miss it.


So he and his friends, donghae and his boyfriend eunhyuk, hangeng with heechul, and leeteuk had decided for a trip after their mid-terms. After kyu had agreed to come, as leeteuk nagged on being the only single in the group after his boyfriend was away, he was all set for Greece.


It was the night before their flight that the three older guys came to his dorm that he shared with donghae, but had eunhyuk move in almost immediately, to say that the seniors had their test moved and hence the three couldn't come. Kyuhyun was pissed, he was alright sitting in his dorm playing games and attending classes, when his stupid friends decided it would do him good to have a change of scenery. And when he finally agreed, they were ditching him! All those dreams of attending the convention came crumbling down.


"If we can't go, it doesn't mean you all have to stay too," leeteuk had said.

 

Soon the others had joined the bandwagon of sending him off. Through all the pressure they were pilling on him, he categorically refused to be a er to the eunhae couple. If there is one thing that is worse than a PDA prone eunhae, it is the weeping and pouting eunhae. The duo had mastered the art of emotional blackmail, with a pout there and a sniffle here, kyuhyun was made into a heartless monster that was making his hyungs cry. To spare the drama Kyu agreed to the trip and now when he looks back maybe it was a big mistake.


They had made to Athens with strict instructions from kyu stating that the couple was to leave him alone for the day of the convention. Surprisingly, they respected his wishes, for that day only. From the next day on, he was forced to go into various cafes, malls and shopping areas; it seemed that all the couple wanted to do was shop. When he would complain about their itinerary, they would add a trip to a museum and end up spending the whole day at the gift area.


Finally after dragging him to almost all possible places that sold anything they arrived at the island of Santorini. The reservation there was courtesy of heechul and hangeng. There he got the opportunity to witness the most spectacular scene he ever did, of the sun setting beneath the horizon under the backdrop of the pristine blue ocean and milky white cottages. The sun rays reflected, coloring the whole place in an intense reddish orange. The only black dot in this scene was that he had no one to share it with; the absence of that special someone was made glaring by the face the eunhae duo engaged in.


They were supposed to fly to Athens and then take a flight to Seoul. The itinerary was as simple as it could be, but with the eunhae couple and the low bar of tolerance kyuhyun had, they got into some amusing problems at the Santorini airport.


"Will you walk fast hae hyung, we are already late I just hope they haven't stopped boarding" he grumbled.


"Relax kyu, there is still" eunhyuk referred to his watch "10 minutes for take-off...10 MINUTES!!!! We have to hurry hae" he yelled and started running catching hold of donghae's hand while leaving kyuhyun behind.


He was busy cursing the disloyal nature of his eunhyuk hyung when he saw them both standing near the entrance smiling sheepishly. Of course, the tickets were with him and there was no way they were going in leaving him behind.


He rushed forward and got the two grinning idiots inside with a surety of missing his flight. It might be that god had taken the many instances he was remembered by kyuhyun while playing games as sincere devotion, the flight they were on was late and they had plenty of time to check in.


Kyuhyun noted that the airport was small and almost cozy, not many people were loitering in the waiting area. Leading his hyungs he went to check-in their baggage.


It is always dramatized in books and movies, when a hero meets his heroine and their eyes lock, it feels as if they are the only two people in the place; if the only two people on the planet thought stretches it. But it wasn't the case with kyuhyun because firstly, it was not a girl with whom he had his eyes locked, it was a guy; secondly, the only two people in the room theory was compounded by the fact that there were hardly any passengers at the small airport, which incidentally had only one flight scheduled for the next four hours.


The agent flashed his dimpled smile towards him and kyuhyun could literally feel his heart stop beating for a few seconds or eternity.

 

"Please place the baggage you wish to check-in on the scale" he smiled again and kyu found himself blushing.

 

In a hurry to get to the counter he tripped on his own legs and was about to kiss the floor when a strong arm held him from the waist inches above the floor. He looked up and saw the airport cutie holding him; he took the opportunity to size his features up close. After realizing that he was staring, he quickly got and brushed the invisible specks of dust from his clothes.


“I am alright” he said a little forcefully to divert attention from his increasingly turning pink cheeks, even though the agent had yet to inquire about his well-being.  The trio pulled their baggage over the scale and when everything was about to finish off normally, “sir, you baggage weight is surpassing the prescribe weight, would like to offload some of it or pay the charges.”


Kyuhyun spied the culprit bag, it was blue and had nemo stickers all over it. Of course it had to be donghae to put a spanner in any plans. The said guy was carrying bags that were not large to look at, so kyu had it weighted and to his surprise it was weighing 40 kgs. And the blue colored duffel bag weighted 30 kgs of the whole. He knew the duo had shopped till they dropped but what donghae could possible have in his bag to weight 30kgs?

 

 “Hyung!! What are you carrying in that bag? Are you carrying stones?”

 

There are instances in life where you get second hand embarrassment from a person because the said person is ignorant of his actions. When the bag was opened on kyu’s instance, little did he think that he would turn out to be correct. The bag had stones in various sizes, colors and make along with various strange decorative articles that would look at home in a psychotic person’s den. Starring daggers, he waited for an explanation from the older.

 

Donghae was quivering in fear, “It’s just… I thought those stones would look marvelous in my new fish tank, and I was thinking of redecorating our room”

Face palming at the explanation he dismissed the accompanied pleading eyes, "I am sorry, could you off load some of the goods from the duffle bag and weight it again."

 

Eunhyuk was busy consoling donghae who was on verge of tears seeing that his beautiful stones that were to adorn the homes of his fellow brothers were being confiscated. It was also a clear message that kyuhyun was not going to have the room he shared with donghae redecorated according to the elder’s tastes.


The ticket agent threw a smile towards him and began removing the offending articles and weighting the baggage again, while kyuhyun was busy thinking on how he had ended up with the two dorks in his care. The issue of overweight baggage was cleared with lots of murderous glances from donghae that was expertly ignored by kyuhyun.

 

If there was one person who at eyeing someone down it was donghae. He had the most innocent face ever and when he glared he looked even cuter, like a little kid throwing a tantrum.

 

Even though he was exasperated by his hyungs he still loved them, so after taking the boarding passes, he said to donghae that he will buy him anything from the food plaza at the airport as an apology. The way donghae's face lit up on the mention of food was comical, even more funny was how eunhyuk visibly salivated on the mention of food.


"Seriously didn't you guys had your lunch at the hotel and some more on the way to the airport? How could you both eat so much," kyuhyun exclaimed after the eunhae duo was polishing off the remnants of two subway sandwiches.


"Are you both done? Let’s move to the boarding gate. Eunhyuk lead us" he ushered his hyungs to move but it seemed that they both stayed put.


Eunhyuk looked at him with an apologetic face. "What is the matter? Why are you still standing here?"


"You see kyu," eunhyuk began "the boarding gate is not mentioned on the boarding pass and the agent had mentioned the number but I forget" he sheepishly ended and promptly ducked behind donghae lest the younger lash at him.

 

"How can you be so foolish hyung? Where was your attention when an important matter was being said? You are always like this, I am sick of your daydreaming."

 

As it turned out, donghae was only capable of protecting eunhyuk from any physical assault but not from kyu's sharp tongue. The latter turned around in a huff and began marching towards the ticket agent’s station. But before he could take a step forward, he felt a hand on his shoulder.


You can pour water in a container till it is full drop by drop thinking that it can take another drop, but when the drop becomes one too many it overflows.

 

That was the same situation eunhyuk had found himself in. It was right that he was not the sharpest pencil in the box, he had problems paying attention and as a result retaining important information. That could be the reason for the abysmal grades he has been getting at the university and the subsequent tuitions from his junior kyuhyun. But, there was only so many times he could stand being called a fool from the younger. He was his hyung and damn it, he had better stared giving respect where it was due!

 

Eunhyuk cranes his neck up in an effort to look his dongsaeng in the eye. There has been many instances where eunhyuk has cursed his lack of vertical talent, more so now when he wishes to intimidate his junior and reprimand him for his lousy manners. But when he craned his neck in an effort to look the kid in the eye, a small part of him dies for he knows that instead of a menacing authority figure, he must be coming across as a tantrum throwing kid.


"Kyu I will say this only once and I hope you will heed to my warning" he started off strongly. “No matter how smart you may think you are or no matter how many people may flock towards you for your supposed genius, I am, was and will always remain your hyung.“

 

He gave himself a mental pat on the back for the spontaneous monologue he was delivering, and also subconsciously thanking the gods, that kyu had given him enough respect to stand there and listen to him. For, he did not know what would happen to his quest for respect form kyu, if the younger just shrugs off and walks away in midst of his speech.


"Though I am thankful for all the help you have done, I want to let you know that as the eldest it is my responsibility to look after you. If you do not give up the need to micro manage everything, you are robbing me a chance to prove my worth as a responsible hyung who is capable of taking care of his dongsaengs."


"Place your trust in me" he said while placing his hands on kyu's shoulders in a bid to reinforce the thought of him being the eldest and the authority lying with him. “I promise to take care of you both. I will never let anything bad happen to you or donghae. "


It was a beautiful speech, not the kind that would generate a thunderous applause but a kind that would certainly have a few misty eyes. To show his sincerity he wanted to hug both his dongsaengs and that is when the hyung-dongsaeng duo discovered that in the tear inducing monologue they had lost donghae. For the fish loving and endearingly ignorant kid was nowhere to be found.


"Oh damn." this sentiment echoed what eunhyuk was feeling for he had managed to lose his boyfriend after pointing out, surprisingly very eloquently, that he was an responsible adult capable of taking care of his dongsaengs when the need arises.


"Where did donghae go?”


"Well, how would I know, I was busy listening to how responsible you are?” Kyu said frowning.

 

He was not happy as he had just fallen into the speech eunhyuk had feed him and for few seconds saw the older in a different light. But the moment was cut brief with the disappearance of his other idiotic hyung, which reinforced the fact that in absence of leeteuk hyung or even hangeng or heechul hyung, looking after the eunhae duo was his responsibility.


It took a while for kyuhyun to calm down eunhyuk who had become hysterical and kept on screaming donghae's name and running around the area they were in, in circles. He held close the almost bursting to tears eunhyuk who had begun babbling something about alien abductions when donghae did not answer his calls.


Kyuhyun was pulling a hapless eunhyuk in one hand and was trying to connect to donghae through another on his phone when he came across the… love of his life (his brain helpfully supplied). That is right, his brain was capable of thoughts that he did not approve, and will never say out loud. The exact same person who he had met approximately 35 minutes ago.


Judging by how miserable he must have looked with a weeping adult in one hand and a phone he was unsuccessfully trying to connect with another lost man-child, the kind and handsome man came over.


“Is there a problem" the question was genuine and kyu felt that there was no use in lying to save any vestiges of dignity in front of his… lover. (once again his brain was up to nonsense)


"Can I be of help" his lover (he had stopped from correcting his brain and letting it do what it wished) asked in response to his nod. If he had managed to make any impression on him than it had not been a good one to begin with so, why bother now. As it is, his love story was never taking flight from Santorini and was doomed to fail.


"You might remember that there was another guy with us, little short, looks dumb like a kid stuck in an adult body" a sniffle from the crying package that was still latched onto him, signaled displeasure on the way he was describing eunhyuk’s boyfriend.


Flashing those deep ‘knee weakening’ dimples at him the agent said, “I think I saw him just a while ago."


Hearing that his beloved hae was not abducted by aliens had strangely rejuvenated eunhyuk. He snapped up from a parasite leaching onto kyuhyun for emotional support to, well like donghae after three cans of soft drinks, hyper and over eager.


Damning propriety to hell, eunhyuk started pulling the agent and kyuhyun in the hope they would get the message and take him to his fishy. Truth be told the way kyuhyun was making googly eyes onto the agent was downright embarrassing, but he was not going to say anything because his hae was waiting for him somewhere all frightened and hungry.

 

Having a fantastical approach to life was the motto through which the eunhae duo lived. So, it did not matter that it had been actually just few minutes since donghae had managed to give them the slip, on possibly the smallest airport in the world.

 

True to his word the agent guided them to donghae who was stuck to an installation that had an aquarium as well as models of sea creatures and was wishfully looking at its inhabitants as if hoping to join them.


"Figures, fishy hyung being with his family" kyuhyun muttered seeing the missing person. Eunhyuk had rushed towards donghae as if he was seeing him after years, but in reality it had to be less that 15 minutes. He sighed. How did he end up with such over dramatic hyungs?


"Thanks."


"No problem. It was my duty to help you.“ Kyuhyun looked up to see that the guy was smiling at him. Oh! how his heart did flips seeing those dimples directed at him.


"I had gone to the washroom hyukkie, when I saw the aquarium. How could I leave without bidding goodbye to my brothers and sisters?“ Donghae answered to the worried query from eunhyuk.


Hearing the stupid response his hyung had given kyuhyun wanted to strangle him, but his line of though was cut by a beautiful ringing sound that was emitting from his lover (do not underestimate the brain). He was laughing after listening to the response, not LOL kind of laugh but a little muffled so as not to offend anyone, but still being unable to control it.


Seeing that his hyungs had managed to ruin what little impression he was able to put on the handsome agent he dragged them towards security clearance.


"You guys are really something.”


"What do you mean kyunnie?" donghae looked at him with his puppy eyes. Damn those eyes.


"I mean, it is one thing to act like this back home but do you really want the whole world to see what kind of dorks you are?!! It would not be a problem if you were alone. After meeting you guys, people look at me as if I am too missing a piece of my brain. Anything I do to showcase my intelligence gets overshadowed by your stupidity. "


Donghae eyes were now glazed. He had not expected his dongsaeng to speak to him like that. Sure he called them idoits countless of times before, but he never did it so meanly.

 

"Do you dislike us.” his lips had started quivering.


"Awwww...hae baby don't cry. Kyuhyun is merely being a jerk because he did not muster courage to ask the dimples his name, lest of all his number. "


"Dimples?”

 

“Yes baby, the ticket agent. Kyu has been making googly eyes at him when you were missing.” Eunhyuk added with much show of disgust.

 

“Does that mean that you like him?" the tears that were yet to form were quickly wiped away and excitement had taken their place. Donghae was so pure that he had let go the slight kyu had done.

 

”He is a nice person. After I got lost and ended up near the aquarium he calmed me down and promised to track you both down. He even gave me a chocolate, “ he held a bar of chocolate in his hands, " see, it is strawberry flavored too. I bet if you ask him nicely he will give you his name and number. You could have a long distance relationship, where one day he will decide he can't live without you and come flying and propose you at the airport with all the passengers applauding and then you will kiss him, marry him and live happily ever after. "


Donghae was on his fantasy mode with a faraway look in his eyes and speaking animatedly more so than normal. Kyuhyun just ignored him liked he always did but there was a sinking feeling in his heart.


He might never openly admit it, even with a gun pointed at him, but there have been times when he looks at his friends together with their partners and wish. Maybe he too had someone who would like him for who he is, all the flaws and scars intact. It was only love that could blind someone to stay with donghae and make hangeng tolerate heechul and leeteuk put up with kangin. He wished someone too put with his childish tantrums. Like how he liked to whine when he loses a game in StarCraft, which FYI rarely happens. Indulge him when he speaks about technology more than people are willing to listen and someone who could put up with his snarky personality.


He does not think that there is such a person out here but just imagining the handsome airport agent as that person somehow gives him a, how do you explain, butterflies in the stomach feeling but of the good kind.


Even though he had this deep fantasy, he was too pragmatic of a person to actually believe in fate and hope his life story ends the way donghae had imagined.


Blaming the Mediterranean heat for messing with his head, kyuhyun decided that once he gets on the plane to Athens and from there he will fly to Seoul, thousands of miles away from this place and away from the handsome stranger. The odds were stacked against him and he made himself believe that it was not worth pursuing a venture that was doomed from the beginning. If he did not have to face those dimples again than he would be fine till the boarding. All he had to do was avoid the guy till then.


Looking at his watch he gathered that it was finally time for their security check and then boarding. He started walking towards the same when he realized that they still had no idea as to which gate they had to go.


Stopping in his tracks he turned and faced his dork hyungs' "you did not find out the boarding gate" he accused eunhyuk.

 

“I will have you know that donghae was missing. Missing boyfriend takes precedent over airport enquiry." eunhyuk huffed.


"Oh come on! There is no way that donghae could have been lost in such a small airport. We would have found him sooner or later. There was no need for being so dramatic. "


‘Kyuhyun, I understand you forget that we had lost him once in the performing arts building, even though he took classes there. I just did not wish to take chances. "


Kyuhyun winced at the memory. It was true that donghae had acquired the skill to get lost in a straight path and eunhyuk of making their life hell until they agreed to be part of the search party.


"Why don't you go and ask dimples." donghae said. "It will also give you an excuse to get his name and phone number."


The thought of facing the guy settled uncomfortably with kyuhyun. Didn't he just say that he would get rid of the strange feelings bubbling inside of him by not seeing the other? So, he could not positively sought his company after such a resolution. It would be insane.


"On second thoughts, I think the security guys will definitely know the gate number. We should ask them."


Kyuhyun was already on the way to the security check when he felt a hand in his elbow pulling him back. It was donghae, only he was naïve enough to make kyuhyun do something against his wishes and not fear retribution, the other was heechul.

 

"Oh no mister! You are not avoiding meeting that cutie. Now get back there and do not come until you know the boarding gate.


"Do you think that he will find the guts to actually ask dimples his number?" eunhyuk said while waiting for kyuhyun to come back from his mission.


"You underestimate the power of love, hyukkie."


"Love!!! And just who told you that kyuhyun was in love with dimples?"


"Just wait and watch. To make it worthwhile, I am willing to bet 100$ on kyu getting the name as well as his number. "


Shifting his attention from the interaction kyu and dimples were having far away he looked up to donghae only to meet with a smug and over confident look on his face. Not the one to shy away from a challenge he replied, “you are on."


The duo waited with obvious excitement to kyuhyun's return.


"Its gate 2" was all kyuhyun said and kept waking towards the said gate without any acknowledgement to them.


Curious as to what had transpired eunhyuk spoke first, "so…did you manage to get dimples name and number?"


Even though the intention was to be subtle, but subtlety and he did not merge well.


"Why the sudden interest hyung? I can understand donghae hyung asking this to quench his overactive imagination. But what stake do you have in this situation?"


Alarmed at the prospects of kyuhyun finding out that he had dared to bet against him, he spoke too soon to alleviate the younger's rising suspicions.

"Why would you say something like that kyu? I was merely taking interest in my dongsaeng’s life like any responsible hyung would do. "


"You know hyung, all employees at the airport were name tags. He was wearing one too, and it read Choi Siwon. Happy with the information."


As soon as the security clearance was done kyuhyun almost ran towards the tarmac ignoring his hyungs.


When he reached the tarmac he groaned. A look at the exit by donghae soon confirmed the cause of kyuhyun's groan. There, in all his glory was Choi Siwon, stamping their boarding passes before they entered the tarmac.


As soon as kyuhyun left hearing distance murmuring something like" damn airport only has a hand full of employees posted. They should close it down and open a McD's instead"; Eunhyuk had started pestering him for the money claiming that he had obviously won.

 

A sullen and snarky kyu meant that the plan of asking for siwon’s digits had gone bust. A fierce elbow jab that would definitely leave mark, had managed to keep his boyfriend's lips shut. More than worried about losing the bet, donghae worried kyuhyun's mood swings. But he claimed more as an excuse that the bet was still in effect until the plane took off. And donghae hoped for a miracle not only to win the bet, thought that would certainly be nice, but more so for kyuhyun to be happy.


Kyuhyun approached siwon and gave him his boarding pass. While siwon took the time to stamp it, kyuhyun watched him intently. He was scanning every inch of siwon's face, every curve and dip that occurred when he smiled his dimpled smile, the way his eyebrows wiggled when he has an open laugh and committing it into his memory. He knew that this may be the only time he would ever see the other and he did not wish to forget how he felt in the short span since he encountered him.


“Thank you for coming to Santorini. I hope you will be back soon.” saying this siwon handed kyuhyun his boarding pass with one of those dazzling dimpled smile.

 

Kyu could respond only with a halfhearted smile because he did not want to leave the airport and let this goodbye be a farewell. A firm push by eunhyuk from behind claiming that he was stalling the line made kyu come back to his senses. He walked towards the airplane door not before getting a last glimpse of siwon.


He lamented his cowardly personality that had not allowed him to ask for siwon's number. He was even unable to think clearly let alone form intelligible words when siwon looked at him. There was a fear deep inside his heart that what would happen to his supposed love story if siwon politely declines to part with the information. His love would die a death before it even had the opportunity to be born, and he was unwilling to take that risk. The what if thought, held hope and promise which would be destroyed if he actually took action.

 

Without venturing forward kyu had managed to turn this into a happy and cherished memory that would otherwise been tainted with rejection. And, moreover what person would dish out their number and other personal information to random strangers. Kyuhyun would certainly not and nor would any person with half a brain do something as stupid as that. Knowing that he would regret his decision deep in his heart he took his seat near the window and continued the willful ignorance of his companions.


The flight crew had begun explaining their safety drill when donghae who was sitting beside kyuhyun bent down to pick up the boarding pass that the younger had allowed to fall down.


When he picked up the pass a smile perked on his lips and he shoved the pass towards kyu.


"Why are you pushing that pass into my hand? It is useless, we have already boarded."


Unrelenting donghae kept his effort and the boarding pass into kyu's opened palm saying "the pass is more important than you would believe. Trust me."


Amused with his hyung’s behavior he took the pass and was about to stash it into his backpack when he was stopped by donghae again. He urged him to open the pass, and to get the annoying hyung off his back he did and his scowl turned into a genuine smile.


Eunhyuk who had been ogling at the flight attendants all this while had directed his attention to his companions. He saw kyuhyun smiling to himself holding his boarding pass and donghae sitting having a smug smile on his face.


"Why the hell is the maknae smiling as if the boarding pass contains all you can eat voucher for life. Has he finally gone crazy?"


Taking offence at the way his boyfriend was describing his beloved dongsaeng he scoffed. "He is smiling for the same reason you are going to be 100$ poorer."


"What do you mean? He got that siwon's number? "


"That's right. Not only his number but also a love note. I guess you lose. "


Not paying attention to the baiting his boyfriend was employing by teasing him, eunhyuk tried to push himself to get a good look at the damn note.

 

“It is not often in life you come across a person who manages to penetrate your core, brushing aside all your defenses. The moment my eyes met yours, I felt an instant connection that made me want to be near you. I cannot very well explain my feelings yet, because let’s face it I hardly know you now. But there is a part of me that would, very intensely I might add, like to know more about you. If you too feel the same kyuhyun-shi, I am ending this note with my personal details and I hope that you would contact me to see where this path leads us. With a bit of luck, it will to our happily shared future. Hopefully yours, Choi Siwon.”

 

 

 

Yeah…so, I was supposed to put it up days ago but life got in the way…it seems to happen quite often…

So you know the drill if you like it, comment, subscribe and upvote

Also there is another oneshot of mine I would like you to see, it is a little bit angst, it is something that I really loved writing..

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/803825/wind-chimes-kyuhyun-oneshot-siwon-slightangst-wonkyubromance

 

The kings are back!!!!

I was blown over by the teasers and the medley of Mamacita…

There is never a dull concept when you roll with the kings of derp…

And siwon looks the most handsome he has ever in his life….HAHA…it is difficult to even write this without laughing, but seriously I am going to stalk every show the boys will be on.

This will be my first comeback as an elf. When SFS was released, I did not have a strong net connection, but this time I am all set.

If anyone can tell me the KST and the day the boys will be on music shows, it would be great...

 

And also something for siwon fans, a trailer for his Billion Dollar Inheritors is out…that means finally we will be able to see him in a Chinese drama…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWKkuv4GWnU

The one he did in 2012 seems to be lost forever…

Wow! this A/N: ended as long as my fic...hehe...