002

What happens behind the scenes

„Hey Zhou Mi what’s up?“, Henry nearly yelled in his phone.

“Hi Henry, also hello to you”, Zhou Mi laughed at the other side and in the other country. He was currently in China again and preparing for the next show he’d host. “I’m fine, and you?”

“Yeah also fine”, Henry said without sounding too convincing. “They are releasing soon the first set of teaser pictures. Have you seen them already?”, he then asked and Zhou Mi knew why he suddenly called out of nowhere.

“Yes I saw them. They are great, ELF will love it!”, he said.

“Yeah sure they will. They love Super Junior.”

“You feel left out again right?”, Zhou Mi asked, deciding not to beat around the bush any longer.

“Nope”, Henry just answered.

“You do”, it wasn’t a question anymore. “I feel the same. Always.”

“It’s so unfair. I mean yeah sure I have my solo career now, which is great really I waited so long already and I’m so happy about that but… now it’s kinda like definitive that we won’t ever be members of Super Junior. Just Super Junior M. But whoo don’t we dare to sing an SJ only song.”

Zhou Mi closed his eyes for a short moment, remembering the countless times they were standing behind the stage of a Super Show waiting for the really short moments they were allowed on stage. He also remembered the hateful comments some ELF said because of him and Henry. And also how jealous he felt, even though he loved his friends from SJ, but he was jealous because he and Henry were with them since years but were never allowed to stand next to them. Always behind them. It was unfair indeed.

“Henry, listen I know exactly how you feel. Because I feel the same. And you know also the members feel like that, they said it often enough. But too many ELF won’t accept us. Too many of them are against us and SM doesn’t intend to do something to change that. Look we have to be happy that we are finally allowed to somehow build up or own solo careers apart from our role in SJ-M.”

“But it’s so unfair, I want to be a part of it finally!”, Henry whined.

“We already are!”, Zhou Mi said. “We already are, Henry, try to remember the fans that support us that have signs during concerts with this “Promise to Believe” slogan with the numbers in it. Try to remember what Heechul Hyung said to us, how Hyukjae Hyung tried to bring us up on stage more. How Leeteuk tells us not to give up, how he tries to find a solution.”

Henry sighed. “I know Zhou Mi… I know all of that but it still makes me sad. I want to belong to them.”

“Look Henry, I’m sad too!”, Zhou Mi said, suddenly feeling really tired. “But try to think like this, we might not have such Mexican-Cowboy-like teaser pictures, but they consider us as their brothers. You are their maknae, look how they are treating you, they love you all so much! And if we just keep trying to do our best, maybe one day all ELF will accept us.”

“You are right Zhou Mi, I know it actually but sometimes I just feel so bad… Thank you for telling me this. Again. And sorry for calling you so late, I’m sure you are really tired, and have a lot to do! Sorry!”

“It’s okay Henry, thank you for talking to me and not just doing something stupid. Try to help them a bit okay, I’m sure they are really tired.”

“I will! Thank you again Zhou Mi. Take care okay?”

“Sure I will”, Zhou Mi said. “Tell them I said hi, and all the best for their comeback! Bye our Mochi-maknae.”

“YAH! Stop with that! You old wrinkly Chinese man!”, Henry said half smiling. Zhou Mi always knew how to make him feeling better again. “See you soon again!”

Zhou Mi hung up his phone and looked around in the small hotel room he got. Compared to SJs rooms these days this was nothing. But it had always been like that. And it has never been SJs fault.

 


 

“You can open your eyes”, Siwon said softly. “We are here.”

“I’m scared”, his hyung just said, not daring to open his eyes. “I haven’t been here since… and I’m scared. What if I freak out and break down? I don’t want you to see that!”

“Open your eyes”, Siwon just said, taking Leeteuks smaller hands in his and squeezing them. Leeteuk was already trembling. Him breaking down was for sure but Siwon knew that already when Leeteuk asked him to come with him. Sometimes it felt like he knew his leader better than he knew himself. Slowly Leeteuk opens his eyes and looking at Siwon. It felt so good to have him hear. He felt a bit better already being thankful for the younger ones presence.

“Can you come with me?”, he asked, his voice nearly inaudible.

“What do you think I’m here for?”, Siwon asked caring

“But I might cry”

“As if that’d be the first time”, Siwon smiled lightly. The leaders tears weren’t an uncommon sight. But he knew that this was different. “You remember that I was there last January too right?”

“Yes. You are always by my side, when I need you the most.”

“And I always will. Now come on, let’s visit your father. I’m sure he missed you.” Leeteuks face showed a painful expression.

“I’m not sure. He’s never been my biggest fan.”

“He just couldn’t show you how much he loved you.”

“He hated me.” Siwon just looked at him and Leeteuk stopped talking.

“Okay let’s go there”, he then said and opened the car to step out. It was warm today and the sun was shining brightly. Due to the fact that it was a weekday, nearly no one else seemed to be there. Leeteuk knew deep in his heart, that his father never hated him really, though he said it several times. Leeteuk also knew that he should forgive his father for everything he did. But it was so hard. 

 

 

Heyyy I'm sorry it took me forever to update it O.o I promise I try to update sooner next time... and yeah because I had lots of other things to do this chapter is a bit short... But I'll write more haha I like it... tell me what you think I love feedbacks ^_^