Confusion

Labyrinth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

After having received a call from Baekhyun, who seemed rather worried about our sudden disappearance, we were told that Suho decided to call it a day. The whole group of Jianhuren and Jägers came back about thirty minutes later to be greeted by a curious scene. Won and myself, seated in front of the black TV screen in the living room without a word. I had gathered my legs close to my chest and wrapped protective arms around them as if to protect myself from the plain awkwardness of the atmosphere. I could feel their eyes on us and I let out a sigh, the memories of what happened earlier still fresh in my mind.

In the end, the discussion Won was so adamant on having didn't involve a single word. However, the message was clear enough. For my head, it was. As for my heart, it was another story.

Awkward. It was just awkward.

And it became even worst when a certain someone decided to clear his throat ostentatiously. I didn't even have to turn around to know who it was. But I did nonetheless. Jimin's eyes were probing and suspicious. I briefly wondered if he already knew and simply pretended to be ignorant about the matter. And just when this thought left my mind, I caught a glint of anger in his black orbs. And something else I didn't manage to decipher. He didn't even let me a chance to ask anything because in a blink of an eye, he was gone. Which just answered my question. He didn't know what, but he definitely knew something happened between Won and me. Our spiritual bond couldn't enable us to read the other like an open book, but we could still catch a general idea. Considering that the two of them held a mutual hate relationship, it was no wonder that Jimin was not too fond of the little revelation. However, it was weird that he took it that seriously. I mean, I already expected a disapproving and grumpy reaction but not to this extent. He was just plain weird recently. That's the reason why I decided to ignore him and not to run after him as I usually would have done. I was worried though.

« Looks like our little Seyi did something naughty » Sungjong teased me openly with a sing song voice and a playful smirk.

« I did not, you idiot ! » I repeated through gritted teeth while throwing a cushion at him. He avoided it with ease, chuckling at my defensive behavior.

« Care to share what happened in our absence ? » Jongin arched a playful yet genuinely curious eyebrow.

« Nothing. Nothing happened. Happy ? » I replied as I glared at him, a bit miffed. I was a complete mess inside. And the fact that they were unconsciously asking me to define what happened in concrete terms when all I wanted to do was to forget about it for the time being didn't help at all.

Two arms wrapped around me from behind and I felt a sudden weight on my left shoulder.

« Nothing ? » a deep voice resounded right beside my ear on the couch. I froze.

« Let go of me, Kim Wonshik.»

« Why ? You said it was 'nothing'. » Strangely enough, even though the sentence was meant to be playful, I realized that a part of him was being serious.

As if to prove his point, he slightly tightened his grip. Something clicked inside me. A wave of uneasiness hit me full force and I had the impression that I was becoming more and more confuse about myself and the entire situation as the days went by, which I found really pathetic. I closed my eyes and tried to calm down as I heard another round of sneers and teasing remarks. Until I could not take it anymore and my eyes snapped open. I swear I heard something break in the room. Looks like I still had a lot of progress to do when it comes to controlling my feelings.

I could feel all the stares on me, but I didn't give a single care in the world. My eyes were only focusing on Won's pointedly. Surrendering, he finally freed my waist with a dejected sigh.

« You're no fun, Ice Princess. »

« First, people's feelings are not to be taken lightly. Second, … I'm not an Ice Princess so stop calling me that. » I said with a straight expression.

« I know. And sorry, but you look like one right now. » Won said, his finger pointing at my eyes with an amused smile.

His words made me flinch as I realized I was indeed feeling the familiar energy coursing through my veins. Which could only mean that my eyes were not their usual coal black color anymore. I didn't need to look at their reflection to know that they were icy blue once again. Suho, Chen and Kris told me that it also happened when I went to look after the wounded Saja earlier. According to them, it ocurred when I was on edge, so I had to learn how to control myself in order to prevent it from appearing at an inconvenient time. This could also explain why they all shut up and stared at me carefully. Sighing I closed my eyes and shielded them with both of my hands, trying to calm down my inner agitation. However, the more I was trying to get rid of any superfluous thoughts, the more I began to question them. Suddenly, a hand took a hold of mine and lowered them so that I could face them. Yixing didn't flinch as my eyes stared straight into his own. Instead, he smiled softly at me.

« Don't hide them like you are ashamed of it. It's alright. It took us a long time to be able to control ourselves and some of us still have some issues with this. You are like a bundle of stuck up energy right now, so it is completely normal to go through this stage. We are all here for you so don't worry. » his voice was soothing and I could feel myself relax at his touch.

« I'm here too ! » a boyish figure appeared from behind the group of tall males and ran to me, plopping into my lap with a cute smile. His enthousiasm made me laugh and smile back at him. Just like this, his innocence finished to wash away all source of worry.

« I know I can always count on you, Jinho. » I ruffled his hair playfully which made him whine. « Are you hungry ? » I asked him.

« Food ! » everyone chorused which made the little boy turned to them with a frown.

« She was asking me, not you ! »

I laughed and stood up, walking towards the kitchen in order to fill their growling stomach. I was about to t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter