Prologue

Labyrinth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

PROLOGUE

 

 

 

Have you ever wondered what your life would become if you were to suddenly realize that your world has never been what you thought it was ?

Because I have.

The thing is that my case is slightly different from yours. My reality and yours are poles apart. While you are preoccupied by ordinary occurrences such as influenza epidemics, economical crisis and natural disasters, my life is a complete other story.

But then, what could an eighteen year-old girl possibly be worrying about other than her school grades and her love life, you must wonder. It's quite easy to answer, I must admit. However, this is quite far from pleasant to hear ; and it's even more unappealing when it comes out of the mouth of someone who is directly involved.

My reality is ugly, ruthless and bitter. My world is convoluted, messy and somber. My life is full of surprising creatures you would never suspect of existing. As for me, I am a lot of things combined. I am both a Jäger coming from a powerful lineage of Demon Hunters and the long lost daughter of Exonians' former King. All this time, I lived as a Human only to recently discover that I actually belong to the monsters I have pitilessly slayed for more than five years.

That's the reason why, out of every little things I can be defined as, I would say I'm mostly confused. I never expected

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter