The colors were there.

Can You Paint with All the Colors You Can't Even Name?

He could track every move TaekWoon made as soon as the front door opened.

The door opened. A pause. “HakYeon-ah?” Hearing no answer, the footsteps shuffled further into the apartment, the door closing behind. Empty living room. Empty kitchen. “HakYeon?” But the kitchen is where everything was left behind. The footsteps moved more swiftly. “HakYeon?” TaekWoon’s voice was a bit more on edge, gradually getting closer. Empty bathroom, but various bits were left behind there, too. Empty bedroom.

The door of the closet swung open, and HakYeon flinched, contracting in on himself and pushing himself as much as he could into the corner of the small space. TaekWoon’s quickened breath only barely relaxed.

“HakYeon…”

“S-sorry…” HakYeon’s voice wasn’t working properly, probably because he was balled up so tightly, his arms barring his head from everything outside. “I-I’m just… Something happened, and I… I’m being foolish, I know. I’ll come out… in a bit. Just…”

His throat constricted, and he couldn’t stop himself from shaking. He couldn’t relax his fingers from scraping against his skull, couldn’t unclench his jaw so he could speak properly. Why did this have to happen again?

A feather-light touch. HakYeon flinched like it was fire, but TaekWoon just slowly, gently pulled at his arms. His voice, almost too soft but solidly urging. “Come here.”

HakYeon’s tense muscles resisted at first. TaekWoon moved his grip to pull at HakYeon’s hands instead, persistent, and slowly, HakYeon allowed himself to be pulled up to his feet and slowly out of the small closet. His entire posture was hunched over, and he winced from the brightness of the mid-afternoon sun as he emerged from the darkness.

TaekWoon kept his hold on HakYeon’s hands, slowly running his thumb over a Band-Aid that circled HakYeon’s index finger. “What are you doing playing with my knives?”

HakYeon flinched again. “I-I just wanted to try. Trying to cook and chop with a spoon is tiring, but then I got nervous, and I accidentally nicked my finger, but I already patched it, but then I started freaking out, and I don’t know how I ended up in the closet, but – ”

He trailed off into blabbering nonsense, TaekWoon shushing him as he wrapped his arms around HakYeon’s shivering body. HakYeon buried his face into the shoulder of TaekWoon’s uniform, clutching the back. In return, TaekWoon slowly rubbed one hand up and down HakYeon’s back without a word.

“I’m sorry,” HakYeon finally mumbled, still hidden in TaekWoon’s shoulder.

“For what? Being a crybaby?”

HakYeon tried to pry himself from TaekWoon’s hold, his bottom lip pushing up to a pout. “I am not…”

Chuckling, TaekWoon lifted HakYeon’s chin and leaned in to bring their lips together, not even hesitating in the slightest.

Surely, if HakYeon wasn’t still being held up by TaekWoon, he would’ve flopped to the floor much like a sack of potatoes. Instead, he held on tighter and minutely pushed for more, grateful as TaekWoon did the same.

He was breathless when they finally broke, and he could feel as his cheeks heated up. Words were beyond him as he looked up into TaekWoon’s eyes. How was it even possible? The colors were more vibrant than ever, almost pulsing. Surely, TaekWoon would’ve noticed the deep shade his cheeks were, but HakYeon was fairly brain dead. TaekWoon just smiled as he brushed the hair out of HakYeon’s eyes.

“Come on,” TaekWoon said. “I’ll cook.”

He dragged HakYeon out of the room to perch on the sofa so he could pick up where HakYeon left off in the kitchen. HakYeon still balled himself up into the corner of the sofa to ride out the rest of his emotional rollercoaster. TaekWoon brought the food to him, and they both tried to not make a mess. TaekWoon was a better cook than HakYeon by light years; why did he even let HakYeon play in the kitchen?

After the dishes and leftovers were put away, TaekWoon joined HakYeon on the sofa again, pulling him down to lay on his chest. HakYeon attached himself instantly, pressing his ear to listen to the deep heartbeat. With each drum, the colors pulsed. The dark blue of TaekWoon’s crisp uniform. The faint pink in TaekWoon’s hands from washing the dishes under warm water. The cream of the walls around them.

The colors were there. And TaekWoon was with him.


A/N: I'd like to thank y'all for all the support and love and madness you've given me xDDD It's a bit sudden, but THE END. Short ending chapter. I'm sorry.

Sorry for the delays in the last few chapters @.@ I thought with the useless classes I was taking and the five-hour break before my last class, I'd have time to write, but turns out, I like being a social butterfly (and I have yet to have the courage to write gay Korean fanfiction in front of my friends hiek). There were other random details I had thought of for this story but never made it like legalities in the Mono/Poly world and other mundane things like that. Oh well. Thanks for reading, anyway!! I loved writing this, and I love you all~!~!~!

Follow me over to my next Neo fic, Nice to Meet You! At this point, I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever finish Gege...

Y'ALL HOW BOUT "LOVE EQUATION" THOUGH. AND "COLD NIGHT"?! AND "MEMORY"?!!?!?!? SAVE.ME.BYE.