Yes, I am Lee Jieun!

A Snow White (Like) Story...

“What make you think that I wanted to leave?” I asked him, almost yelling.

“Care to explain?” He asked back, eyes didn’t leave to stare me dangerously.

Squinting my eyes, I felt irritated. This guy would be the death of me. “Nothing needs to be explained.” I said nochalantly.

“So, what are your feet doing then, on there?” His eyes now on my right feet which still on the window.

! I cursed soundlessly! Cursing for my stupidity and for this guy who put too much care for my business. I pulled my feet from the window and returned to its place. I admitted the position before was so awkward and embarrasing.

“I just wanted to go out and looked for some fresh air…” Oh gosh, that was a very stupid excuse.

“Through the window?” Seemed like this guy have no intention to stop interrogating me.

“Well… it’s… I just wanted to… uhmmm…”

“Just say that you wanted to run away! It’s not hard.” He said sarcastically.

This guy succeed to build my anger. “Mind your own business!” I said sharply.

His eyes widened when I said those sentences, “How dare you…”

“Oh, Jaebum hyung, I think that was not the right way to greet our guest.” A guy suddenly appeared and cut whatever the guy called Jaebum would say to me. I will thank to him later, cause I was sick with this Jaebum guy.

“Our guest?” Jaebum asked disbelief to the guy who just appeared.

"Yes!"

“I repeat, our guest?” He uttered with a very strong emphasis in his last two words.

“Yes, Jaebum hyung! She is our guest.” The guy said and smiled at me. I knew him. He was the guy on the picture. He must be the owner of this room. I smiled back.

“How could you say that? Someone who entered your house without asking permission was not a guest, Jinyoung! She sneaked to our house like a thief! She’s totally a stranger, uninvited guest! And for your information, she just tried to escape through your window!”

The Jinyoung guy frowned, “Did you?” he asked me.

“Of course not. Your hyung was exaggerating.” I answered blinking my eyes many times, in order to look innocent.

And for the second time the Jaebum guy widened his eyes, this time looked like both his eyes almost popped out from the socket. I felt like he was ready to kill me. Few seconds later, I even didn’t have any chance to blink my eyes, he already grabbed my wrist and pulled me out of the room roughly. I flinched with the sudden action and his strong grip hurt my wrist.

“Yah, what are you doing!” I yelled, struggle to release from him but he was too strong. I have no option but followed him. I could hear Jinyoung’s yell asking Jaebum to stop. But this time Jaebum didn’t want anyone to stop him.

Jaebum dragged me out from Jinyoung’s room and brought me to the place which seemed like the dining room of this house. My eyes saw a long dining table with three chairs in each sides and one chair in each ends of the table, in total there were eight chairs. Jaebum stopped in the end of table, pulled the chair and threw my bodyto sit on there.

“Aww!” I uttered a yelp when my landed on the chair. “You really don’t know how to treat a girl! Lack of gentleness. You are not a real man!”

“I don’t need your compliment!” He exclaimed. “You wait here! Don’t dare to move your from this chair until I back! You got it?!” He threatened.

“Who are you giving me order and threatened me like that?” I shouted and slammed my palms on the table.

“I said, You got it?!” He repeated.

“No, I don’t want to do everything you said. Just let me go!”

“No, you can’t go! Stay here!”

"No!"

"Yes, you will! Jinyoung, you come here!"

Jinyoung who already followed us since Jaebum dragged me out from his room showed a pleading expression to him.

“Hyung, please! Don’t make a fuss.”

“Jinyoung, you stay here. Watch her! I’ll go to my room and be back here in minutes. Just listen to me, I don’t like when someone doesn’t listen what I say.” He added when Jinyoung tried to resist.

“But, hyung…”

“Just watch her! Don’t let her go!” He commanded and made his way to stair, making me realize that this house has top floor.

Jinyoung sighed and turned his body toward me, he gave me a sorry look. I just shrugged and wave my hand once to him, gave him sign no problem.

“Are you alright? I’m really sorry for his behaviour. Jaebum hyung is not an easy person.” He pulled a chair and joined me sitting in their dining table.

“I’m alright. But, your hyung… seriously?” I gave him a don’t believe look.

He chukled, “I know. I’m Jinyoung, by the way. And the room when you slept earlier is my bedroom. I hope you rested well. I apologize if you didn’t feel comfortable. The others didn’t let you rest in theirs. Not a problem though, cause my room is the most appropriate room to lend. Their rooms are totally mess.”

“Wow, I don’t believe you have a brother like him! You guys are totally different.” I said disbelief. How can Jinyoung was so different from Jaebum. I could feel everything about him were so genuine. His smile, the way he spoke, and every move that he made full of tenderness. He was like the guy who had that motherly nature. I liked him.

Unlike Jaebum, even though this was just our first encounter, I could see that he was a grumpy person and just like what Jinyoung said, he was not an easy person. I didn’t care though, because he seemed like no urge to make me stay longer in this house. I was happy though. I needed to leave this house as soon as possible.

“Aah, wait until you meet my other brothers. Each of us are so different. You will never think how can we stay in one roof peacefully like this.” He grinned widely, offering his pearly white smile and I recognized those wrinkles formed on edge of his eyes, just like in his picture.

“You have another brothers? Aah, did the two guys in the room earlier your brothers too? Hmm… Bam and Yu…something,” I remembered the two guys mentioned their name each other when they were talking in my pretend unconcious, but not really sure what were they.

“Haha… Yes, they are Bambam and Yugyeom. They are the maknaes in our family. And you know what, they are hiding in their room now.” Jinyoung explained, laughed and pointed his left thumb to the room next to his room. “Still shocking because of your sudden self-concious.”

I scratched the back of my neck, feeling guilty because of my action before two of Jinyoung’s brothers were terrified.

“I really am sorry.” I apologized.

“No, it’s okay. They were just too dramatic.” Jinyoung laughed and I laughed too.

“Well…well…well… what are you guys laughing at?” A new voice suddenly appeared in the room and my eyes flew to the figure who was stepping down the stair and caught a handsome boy who offered a very endearing smile to us.

“Don’t tell me you guys making fun of Jaebum?” he said nochalantly. “He’s not on his right mind, now!”

“What’s happening, Jackson?” Jinyoung asked curiously.

“Well, grumpy as usual and made Youngjae scare to death, he’s still blame him. He’s with Mark now. Mark is trying to calm him down.” The Jackson guy explained and made his way to where we were sitting, pulled a chair across Jinyoung’s and made him sitting on there comfortably.

Jinyoung sighed listening to Jackson’s words. “Jaebum hyung shouldn’t blame Youngjae continuously. It was not his all fault though.”

“Like you just knew Jaebum yesterday, Jinyoung.” Jackson shook his head. “And… Hi, miss stranger! I’m seeing you already awake.” He finally gave his attention to me and making me slightly shock because he just winked at me.

“Yah, don’t be flirty with our guest!” Jinyoung exclaimed, trying to snap Jackson’s head but a bit far for him to reach. Jackson sticked his tongue to Jinyoung, earning a death glare from him. And without realizing, I laughed seeing their little bicker.

“It’s okay, Jinyoung-ssi. He’s so cute.”

“See! She likes me!” Jackson declared proudly.

Jinyoung just rolled his eyes, but couldn’t hold himself to laugh.

“I’m Jackson, by the way. The wild and y guy in this house, definitely!” Jackson introduced himself.

“Oh, I can see that!” I uttered, still laughing.

“Just full of yourself as usual, Jack.” Jinyoung muttered.

***

After chatting a while with these two brothers, I found that there were seven of them in this house. Jinyoung told me his brothers name one by one and I’ve met with the five of them. I still didn’t meet with the oldest, Mark, and their other brother that Mark was trying to calm him down, Youngjae.

What made me curious was Jinyoung said he, Jaebum and Jackson were born in the same year, but they were brothers. When I asked if they were twins, Jinyoung said no. I wanted to ask more about them but a noise from upstair stole our attention all of sudden. Shortly thereafter, Jaebum made his way down, followed with two guys that I believe were Mark and Youngjae, but I don’t know which one Mark and which one Youngjae. I couldn’t look closely to the two new guys because Jaebum suddenly knocked hasrshly to Bambam and Yugyeom’s door. I flinched slightly, even Jinyoung and Jackson fell silent watching Jaebum’s action.

“Bambam, Yugyeom! Come out, now!” Jaebum yelled to the two maknaes inside. “I don’t like waiting too long, maknaes! Come out, now!”

With that commanded, the door opened and two young boys with fearful faces out from the room.

“Good. Now, take your seats. I want to talk with all of you!” Jaebum instructed to all his brothers.

One by one, the brothers took their seats. Bambam and Yugyeom made their seat far away from me. And Jaebum sat in the other edge of the table, across me. If someone saw us, it looked like we had a meeting because we all were sitting around the dining table.

I could feel the tense in the room yet everyone was looking curious. Both Bambam and Yugyeom were still afraid of me, they stole a glance occasionally not daring to take a look at me. A guy who I believe was Youngjae, because he didn’t dare to see Jaebum directly, tapped his fingers nervously on table. Jackson looked indifferent. The guy who came with Youngjae, Mark, gave a bored expression. While Jinyoung looked worried. How about myself then? I couldn’t lie that I hated this kind of situation. Just a minute ago I could relax because of how kind and funny Jinyoung and Jackson were, but now I should face the tense that made me uncomfortable yet again Jaebum still put his serious face and couldn’t stop to give me his death glare.

“So, why I made you all guys gather in here because I want to show you something!” Jaebum started, everyone was listening to him carefully. “I want to show to all of you, who exactly this stranger is!” He continued and I felt all eyes were on me.

“Few days ago, we all heard a news about daughter of the richest woman in Seoul, Kang Hyena, disappeared. The news said that her daughter was escaping. And just few hours after her disappeared, Madam Kang asked all nation to find her daughter, dead or alive. She was worried because as we knew that her daughter was mentally sick. And Madam Kang didn’t want her daughter getting hurt when she wasn’t under supervision of Kang’s people…” Jaebum stopped when he was hearing me released a small snicker.

His eyes squinted, looking at me with suspicious look. “I don’t think there was anything funny with what I said.”

“Of course it was funny! What you said? Madam Kang was worried and didn’t want her daughter getting hurt?” I repeated his words, with a slightly mocking. “Are you kidding me, huh?”

But I suddenly gasped, realizing that I accidentaly revealed the truth. The truth that Jaebum tried to tell to his brother. I closed my eyes, feeling defeated. I sighed, what else that I could do? Besides, sooner or later all of them would know the truth. And I could imagine how shocked Bambam and Yugyeom were when they know.

“Seems like you’ve know Madam Kang very well, right?” Jaebum said casually, leaned her back to his chair. “Well, I don’t think I need to explain to my brothers anymore since you revealed who you are by yourself.” His expression showed like he just won a bet, making me furious.

“What do you mean, hyung?” Jinyoung finally voiced out.

“You didn’t get it? Come on, Jinyoung! She just revealed who she is!”

“But, she didn’t say anything except…” Jinyoung stopped his sentences, like he just realized something. His mouth hung open, his eyes didn’t stop moving from Jaebum to me. “No way…” he muttered, sounded disbelief.

Jaebum released a mocking laugh. “You don’t believe? I already told you since I saw her face for the first time. But, you didn’t want to believe. That’s why I don’t like her presence in this house. She just brought a new problem in this house. But you…yes you, Jinyoung! You acted and treated her kindly that actually she didn’t deserve. I’ve told you, we should thrown her away last night! Not letting her stayed longer in our house!”

That was enough. Jaebum’s words hit me so hard. It felt like he stabbed my heart with a sharp knife. I felt the sting, it was smarting. I wondered how could people so heartless like him. He didn’t know anything about me. I decided that he wasn’t much different from that evil woman.

I clenched my fist, feeling furious but also so sad at the same time.

“I…I…I…” I could feel my lips were trembling, I almost broke.

The others looked so tense. All eyes were on me. I took a deep breath before I said, “Yes, I am Lee Jieun! I am the one that all nation is trying to find! Yes, I am Kang Hyena’s daughter! Yes, I am that fugitive that Yugyeom and Bambam said. Yes, I am Lee Jieun. But all of you know nothing about me! Are you satisfied now, Jaebum-ssi?”

And with that confession, I broke. I dropped my head on the table and I cried my heart out. I knew that my life would end when I confessed. Now, Jaebum and his brothers had known who I was. I knew that they would call Kang Hyena and I would enter into her hell again.


A/N: Chapter 2! Finally, it's up! :D Well, thank you for all of you who have subscribed to this story (You guys make me so happy ^^). I'm so sorry if you find any grammatical errors, English is not my first language and I'm still learning to write story in English. Nevertheless, I hope you guys enjoy it. :D