Unconcious

A Snow White (Like) Story...

I tried to open my eyes when I heard some noises surrounding me, but my eyelids felt so heavy that made me so hard to open them. And my head didn’t help because it felt like I just hit a hundred times, it was so pain. It made me can’t open my eyes fully and what worse I got blurred vision. So I tried to blink my eyes many times in order to get clear vision. I couldn’t see clearly what or who made some noises around me.

“Look, she opens her eyes!” I heard someone talking, followed some footsteps which seemed like approaching where my body laid.

“How many times I told to you Youngjae that you should check and make sure that every door and every window is locked!” A guy voice with an angry tone said.

“But, I did, Hyung! You could see that all of them were locked.” Another guy with tremble voice answered.

“If you did, so what is this? Why she was able to get into our home?”

“I don’t know.”

“Yah, you stup...”

“Jaebum hyung, you don’t need to get angry to Youngjae now.” Another man voice, sounded so soft, suddenly cut the man with angry tone.

“We can handle him later. What we need now is to know who is she and how she could be here.” He continued.

Some ‘yeah’ heard from like three or four other voices, and those voices sounded like guys. Where excatly I was? Who were these guys? I couldn’t remember anything. And the pain in my head was getting worse. I tried to lift my head and my blurred vision caught about six or seven guys standing before when my body laid. One of them tried to approach me.

“Hi, are you alright?” Asked the guy with the soft voice.

I couldn’t answer him. The pain in my head was getting worse. I opened my mouth slowly and tried to speak, but my throat felt so dry. I wanted to say ‘I don’t know’ but it ended up like I was gasping for air, like a fish which was stranded on land.

“It’s okay. You can answer it slowly. Take it easy.” He said again.

“I…I…” and the last thing that I knew, my vision was all black.

...

“It’s been all day since she was unconcious. When will she awake?”

“I don’t know, Bam. Do You think I am a psychic who can predict things?”

“Yugyeomi, do you think she’s the girl on the tv?”

“You meant that most wanted girl? Lee Jieun?”

"Yeah..."

“She’s kinda look like her.”

“If you look closely and carefully, she’s not only kinda look a like. But exactly same!”

“Then… what if this girl is really really her?”

“It means we’re keeping a fugitive! Plus, we heard that she’s mentally sick.”

“Oh no, Bam! It can’t be happening.”

“Yah, Gyeomi, but we still don’t know the truth. We still need to wait until she awake, so we can interrogate her.”

“Yeah, you’re right.”

“Hey, see!”

“Bam, what are you doing? Don’t!”

“No, it’s okay. I just wanna poke her cheek.”

“What if she suddenly awake?”

“No, she won’t.”

And then I felt a soft poke in my cheek. I couldn’t stand, so I opened my eyes and shot them to the two guys who was just talking when they thought I was still unconcious. I purposely glared to them and it caused them to be shocked. One second later, I saw them fled away from me.

“Hyung, she’s awake!”

“I’ve told you, Bam. Don’t touch her!”

“I didn’t know that my touch would wake her up!”

"Idiot!"

I giggled seeing their silly demeanor. They were to be engrossed in conversation, made them not realized that I was awake since they started talking, I pretended that I was still unconcious. But I frowned when I remembered what they have just talked. They just mentioned my name. And what did they mean with ‘that most wanted girl’ and ‘fugitive’?

Oh ! I just realized it. It can’t be happening! Did that evil woman really make me like a fugitive? I had to get out of here as soon as possible. I worried that two boys realized that I was the same girl on the tv who just they talked about.

I got up from where I laid. My whole body felt so light, it felt so different from yesterday. Now, I could clearly remember everything. My life, my escape, my journey, my struggle against the cold winter, and ended with I got into this house.

I really couldn’t believe that the evil woman still couldn’t get enough of me. What actually she really wanted? Did she still not satisfied to make my whole life felt like in hell. I was sick of her. And now she made me like a fugitive. Damn! I almost forgot that the evil woman would do anything to get what she wanted. Including, made the whole nation to find out where my existence was and hunting to bring me alive on her face.

I observed my surrounding. This wasn’t the same room when I first got into this house. I laid my body on the couch near the fireplace not far from the door when I entered this house. This room was like someone’s bed room, it was small, fit for one person. I sat on the edge of a single bed which felt so comfortable. Everything in this room was so neat, organized really well. A small-sized closet stood in the corner of the room, next to it there was a bookshelf that each self contained with different kind of books. Seemed like the owner of this room was a bookworm. And on nightstand, there were two frames of picture. One was a young man, around my age, who smiled so brightly on his picture till wrinkles decorated around his disappeared eyes. He looked handsome. And another one was a picture of him together with six young men. They all smiled happily in the picture. It made me smile too, until I realized that I should leave this place.

My eyes flew to a window in this room. Without much thinking, I went to the window and checked if my body could slip into it. For my lucky, the window was so easy to unlocked. I opened it and was on my way to put my right feet on it, but…

“Got into this house without asking permission and now want to leave this house also without asking permission, where is your manner, Miss?”

I closed my eyes, sensed that I couldn’t leave this house as easy as I thought. I turned my body with my right feet was still on the window to see the man who just talked to me with that horrible tone. And my eyes found a tall young man who stood in the door frame with both arms crossed to his chest. His eyes stared fiercely to me as if he wanted to kill me with it. But, I just rolled my eyes. Another challenge I had to face. Ugh!

...