Chapter 2

What A Joke

I grinned as the rest continued to discuss about this girl, what was her name again? Ah, Eunkyung. Apparently, our maknae Jungkook seems to be pretty interested in her.

I sighed before looking out of the window where the rain was pouring down heartlessly.

The whole gang was planning for some sort of revenge against this other clique called Infinite. I puffed up my cheeks. It felt weird to be part of this, and what's worse, act totally nonchalant about it.

I used to be the coldest, worst guy around until I met her. Jihyun, she was the prettiest girl around and even though I gave her the worst attitude, she was totally fine with it, and to the point she didn't even look the slightest bit afraid. I knew she was the one at that moment. A girl who wasn't afraid of me? A girl who would see me for who I am? That was perfect.

To be honest, I never thought she would accept my confession and end up dating me, everything seemed like one sided affair. But no, she accepted me without asking. She trusted me. Yeah, she may be a bit hostile towards me at times but don't ever mistake that for hatred. It's her way of expressing her love for me, I'm sure. She's just not very good with expressing it, right?

I tapped my fingers across the window and my lips tugged upwards. No one among BTS knew that I was dating. Not one. I was always the quiet one, I never really wanted to be considered popular in our high school. I just wanted to have friends. But everyone stayed away because of my image without my glasses. BTS accepted me, the whole lot of them and that's why I continued to stay with them, hang out with them and offer my help whenever they need it.

"V, what are you doing? Did you hear what we've been saying?" Jimin waved his hands in front of my face and I smacked it away, "It's about Kim Myungsoo from Infinite right? I've been listening."

Suga shrugged, "Well, we thought you weren't listening because you've been zoning out recently. You're alright? Are you sick?" J-hope gasped, "A chronic disease, maybe?"

Rap Mon flipped him with the middle finger before pushing his head away, "Watch what you're saying."

Jin walked over and touched my forehead and I flinched at his touch. The last thing I wanted was some sort of care from someone else besides Jihyun. "Get lost hyung," I pushed him away before leaning against the window. Jin sighed before shaking his head, "Temperature normal, attitude normal."

Everyone snickered at his comments as I rolled my eyes in response.

J-hope frowned, and in a joking tone, he said, "For all you know it's some sort of love sickness." I gasped in shock before choking harshly at his words. 

"God, mind your words." Jungkook laughed while saying that, his eyes focused on my beet red face. I coughed as I tried to get J-hope's words out of my mind. *My cover is definitely gonna be blown.*

"Are you dating?" Rap Mon asked directly and I felt my face burn, if it was any possible, it turned even redder than before.

"Wow, he's actually blushing." Jin pointed out and I covered my face with palms to be teased instead.

"No way."

"The manly V is showing his Taehyung side."

"Seeing him like that for the first time..."

"Is crazy."

"He looks like..."

"A love-sick boy."

"He looks cute," J-hope spoke and everyone stopped laughing to stare at him. Okay, I may look hideous but cute and the phrase V from BTS aren't even close acronyms.

"See, no one agrees with you," I spoke when Jungkook shrugged, "I thought you looked cute too." Your jaw dropped at Jungkook's words, "Yah."

Rap Monster nodded his head, "I agree. Funny seeing this guy dressed up in the most bad way and then starts blushing while covering his face."

Jimin grinned, "You have to show her to us. You have to."

"Yeah!"

I quickly shook my head vigorously, Jihyun never knew I was part of BTS since she was from another high school. All she thought was that I was trying to act like I was the worst delinquent around. 

"Yes, it's on," Jin spoke and everyone cheered. When the oldest speaks, I probably don't have a choice.

---

"How do I look?" Jihyun smiled, her eyes twinkling at the sight of me. This was the first time she had ever smiled at me.

My heart beat sped as she continued to look at me with expectant eyes. Since we started dating a month ago, she had never showed such cute response, nor has she put in any effort to dress up for me.

Well, technically it wasn't for me.

-Flashback-

"What," Jihyun sat down in front of me and gave me the 'Quit joking' look. "I swear," I continued and she rolled her eyes and crossed her arms, "If you are in a high school gang then I must be the Queen's daughter."

I ruffled my hair before unlocking my phone and picked a decent picture to show her, "There, in the middle of the picture? That guy with silver hair? That's my leader."

She rolled her eyes again before pointing towards the phone, "This is just SO convincing. Like a gang would totally dress up in suits and take a family-photo style picture."

I frowned in confusion before looking over at my phone and it was one of the goofy times when they decided to take a family photo.

"Sorry, I think I might've accidentally swiped my phone. But it's this one," I explained before swiping to the left and there, was a picture of us sweaty after erm, some gang business.

It was Suga's idea to take a picture after every business we settle as a gang. So this was definitely one of the most convincing picture I had in my phone.

And almost immediately, her eyes turned large and she asked, "Who's the guy on the left?"

I looked over before replying, "Oh that's Jungkook, he's the youngest."

Her eyebrows were raised before a grin formed on her face, "He's hot." I gaped at her words before questioning her, "Hot?"

She immediately cleared before coming up with something, "You know, maknaes should be cute so seeing how he looked caught me by surprise." I nodded in understanding, of course, Jihyun would never ever cheat on me.

"Can I meet them?" she asked and I laughed at her eagerness. This was the first time she expressed such curiosity in my life, "Yes of course. In fact, they wanted to see you."

She giggled and bit her lips as a big smile formed on her face, "I can't wait!"