Placed in the Back Alley

Silent Death

Krystal's POV

I went to unnie's office today. And met this guy with beautiful fingers. He's beautiful too. Sorry, I mean handsome. Oh what was I saying? So I went to unnie's office today because mom prepared a bento box with those cute little sushi inside for unnie.

The receptionist, a girl in her 20s looked at me with narrowed eyes and a frown. She looked rude to stare at me like that but I don't care. So like I said, for the third time, I went to deliver the bento box for unnie. She wasn't in so I place it on her desk and played with the beautiful guy.

We played and I got thirsty. So I asked him go to help get me some water and he left with a mug.

I was playing around with the stuffs out of boredom when I found a hidden compartment under Bacon's table. "Eo? A hidden compartment, eh? What's in there?" I thought to myself and reached forward. 

I felt a file. A thick one. Those made with recycable papers. I was eager to find out about the content but was forced to return to the seat by the turn at the doorknob.

"Here, Soo Jung-ssi. Your water." Baekhyun handed it to me before walking back to his seat. Whew. I was dazed for a while but thank god I wasn't caught red-handed for messing around with their stuff. Unnie and Bacon.

After sipping off the last of the water, I left their office in a hurry because I'd be late for my date with Ben. 

 

Baekhyun's POV

"Baek. This is Capt. Wu. You and you come to my office. A body was found neatly placed in a back alley." And then he hung up. Like what?

... Wait a minute...

! Did she find my stuff when I'm not around? Let's take a look. I bowed forward to take a look at my hidden compartment. It was still like what it was. Nothing changed. I look back up to see you staring down at me.

"Oppa, what were you doing down there?" She looked especially cute and I can't hold back my hands. I pinched her cheeks. 

"I was doing some stretching, sweetie."

"D'aww. I thought you were hiding some hookers down there..." She said with a crestfallen face.

"Don't be sad, bae. A hooker is nothing compared to..."

"Your mother."

"... No... I was about to say you."

"Really? Aww!"

"Not really. I was about to say you because I just got news. We received a call. A body was found. Neatly placed in a back alley."

"Why the hell would you place someone out in a back alley when you killed them? Isn't it better to throw them off shore?"

"I think the killer is trying to play some trick or two?"

"Anyway, chop chop. Let's go get our orders from Capt. Wu."

"Yeah right."

 

you's POV

Baekie and I rushed to Capt. Wu's office. He was sitting in his seat, legs crossed, arms crossed like a boss. Well... He IS sort of a boss as the captain of the Seoul Korea Police Department.

"Glad to see you two. 10 minutes late. You both are going to the scene to collect information. Get out."

Yes, we're wrong to be late but how could he be so cold to his employee?!

"Yes, sir! Sorry, sir!" Baekie and I said in unison then proceeded to our car. 

Ten minutes later, we were on our way to the crime scene. Along with some of our stuffs. As you can imagine, we have a lot of stuff here. Screw that killer for adding a case to the load. SCREW YOU!

At the scene, we were greeted by several uniformed officers before going over to the body.

It was a young girl. She had a Caucasian look. A forensic specialist was down collecting samples. "Sehun!" Baekie suddenly calls out.

"Sehun?" I thought that name was so familiar it sounded like Oh Sehun's name.

"Bae. Meet Oh Sehun. The new forensic specialist everyone was calling handsome and charming." The guy turned to me and when his gaze met mine, it was as if the world had stop moving. His eyes somehow widen in surprise of seeing me.

"Oh... Oh Sehun...?"

"And Sehun, meet my partner-"

"you..."

"So you both know each other?! Bae?! Why didn't you tell me earlier?!" Baekie oppa looks at me as if I killed his pet cat, Fishy.

"Yeah... Uh... I... Talked to him... Before... Right."

"Yeah. Uh... Yes... We talked... To each other... Umm... Before we met, Baek." He added, reassuring Baekie for the slightest bit possible.

"Oh well." 

"So, Sehun... What'd you found?" I asked.

"I only found some on her abdomen. This suggests that she might have had before being murdered." Sehun replies without stuterring.

"... Or it could've been a or paid ? Like... ion?" Baekie be like scratching his head.

"Could be. I've collected some sample of the . Oh. And the wasn't fully dried off before the body was found, so I think the murder might have only took place hours ago." Sehun said.

"Okay. Are we free to take a look around?" I asked. 

"Yeah sure. I'm heading back to the station and drop these samples off to run a test. See you soon, Baek, you." Sehun left us and went to the police line.

"So... Let's put these gloves on and start, shall we?" Baekie looked at me.

"Sure." We put on the gloves and started walking closer to the body.

"Her lips look purple. Doesn't seem like usual deaths. Must have been some other reasons. Like poisoning or things of the sort." Baekie said with a serious tone.

"Yeah. And she wasn't bruised at all. That was crazy. How do you have with NO bruises?"

"This is just my opinion but I think the killer might have fed the victim poison, e himself, leave on her and placed her out."

"That sounded plausible but that ain't theory. We need solid proof here, oppa."

"Yeah right. What the-" Baekie's eyes narrowed as if light was shone stragiht in his face.

I turn to where his gaze was and found a tiny object. I ran towards it and picked it up. It was a...

 

 

 

Author's note

Hope that was okay. Enjoying it? Please comment or subscribe! An upvote would be a great idea. Please subscribe tho. Thanks for reading the story will continue in the next chapter. Wanna know what it is? Get to the next chapter next week!