002 Forever Your Guardian Angel

Forever Your Guardian Angel

002

 

“Myunie-ah, I envy them.” Minseok muttered as he was looking out over the window of his room again.

“But why? There’s nothing to be envious about them.” Joonmyun shrugged as he lied on Minseok’s bed.

“For me there’s too much.”

“Seokie hyung, I’m already happy in this hospital because you’re here too.”

“Of course. Still, I’m your only friend here and it’s the same for me too.”

Minseok went over his bed and sat beside Joonmyun who seemed to fell asleep on his bed. Minseok stared at the other’s face as his hand traced his perfect eyebrows. He just let out a heavy sigh and his lips formed a smile, a sad one.

“I wish we could do couple things outside this hospital.” Silence filled the room. “Hah! I forgot we’re only friends for heaven’s sake.” Minseok laughed bitterly. It’s been four years already since he felt something for this guy on his side.

Their friendship started accidentally, it’s when Minseok was in that hospital for a year already. He’s very lonely there for he had no friends at all. He just spends his time at the rooftop whenever he misses his parents who were involved in an accident before he was confined. One time as he was sneaking out through the stairs, someone tried to call him from his back. For he thought it was hospital personnel or a security guard, he ran upstairs in the speed of light. In no time, he finally reached the rooftop but he was shaken when the door suddenly swung open. But instead of what he just thought a while ago, that someone who’s running after him was another patient.

“You-you’re quite fast for a sick person.” The guy said with heavy breathing between his words.

Minseok stood bent over and waited for his breathing to ease and then stood upright.

“What are you doing here? Patients are not allowed here.”

“Then why are you here?” the guy smiled at him. “I’m just kidding. I was on my way here too when I saw you at the stairs.”

It was still awkward for Minseok because he really never talked to anyone. Suddenly, the guy seemed to recover already from running. The guy walked towards him while he took steps backward. When he reached the handrails, Minseok panicked and was about to run away but the guy quickly grabbed him by his arms.

“Why are you running off again? Am I that scary?”

“N-no.” Minseok answered shortly as he tried to pull his arms.

“Then please stay for a while.”

“Why? I don’t even know you.”

“Oh right!” the guy released his grip and cleared his throat. “I’m Joonmyun, nice to meet you.”

That’s the time he looked well at the guy. Minseok’s heart flattered and his cheeks started to flash a soft tint of redness. This guy has an angelic smile that can melt anyone’s heart. Minseok came back to his senses when the guy held his hand and shook it.

“So what’s your name?”

“Oh? Ah I-I’m Minseok.”

Minseok was snapped out from his thoughts when Joonmyun wrapped his arms around his waist.

“What were you thinking?” the other asked with a hoarse voice.

“Hmm nothing. By the way, it’s your birthday next week. What do you want to do?”

“Just stay here. No one will be here for me anyways except you.”

 

◊◊◊

 

Days have passed and it’s getting closer to Joonmyun’s day. It’s an ordinary scene that Joonmyun and Minseok were always together. The doctors and nurses in the hospital were very much used to them and also very happy for them.

But that day was very weird for Minseok. It’s not that he doesn’t like it but Joonmyun suddenly became especially clingy that time. Earlier that day, Minseok woke up to see the other was already beside him and watching his sleep. The moment he got up, Joonmyun never left his side and even told the nurse to bring his food there and not to his room. Other than that, everything seemed normal.

“Myunie-ah, is something wrong?” Minseok was really worried about the other.

“Why did you ask?”

“Hmm nothing. It’s just…”

“Uminie-hyung, I just want to stay with you all day. Who knows what will happen tomorrow and the day after that.”

“Don’t talk like that! You’re getting weirder.”

“I’m serious hyung. Just let me stay here tonight please? As your birthday gift for me?”

Minseok didn’t say anything further. More than feeling odd, he’s more concerned about Joonmyun. Joonmyun spread his arms and signalled the shorter guy to move closer to him. Without further ado, Minseok just obeyed and enclosed himself to Joonmyun’s warm embrace. It felt good even though he knew that it’s just a friendly hug, or is he wrong for that?

 

◊◊◊

 

Minseok felt someone kissed his forehead followed by cold air brushing off against his skin. He tried to pull Joonmyun closer but he found no one beside him. Instead of someone, something was on his bed – a piece of paper with undone writings and a pen lies on top of it. With shaky hands with his gut feel, he picked up the paper and soon enough, tears started to stream down his pale face.

 

Minseok can’t stand the situation anymore. He got up immediately and dashed in the speed of light to Joonmyun’s room. His knees grew weaker to find no one inside and nothing but the white sheets neatly folded on his bed. He continued reading the last part of the letter which was written in a sloppy way.

 

 


 

this is a sad story of this trilogy. do i have to explain this one? well, basically, joonmyun wasn't able to finish his letter. the words that he wanted to write was the title itself. T^T

 

My Secret Lover - Trilogy Stories:

1. The Idol's Sentiment ~ A BaekYeol Story

2. Forever Your Guardian Angel ~ A XiuHo Story

3. Devotion of a Stalker ~ A KaiSoo Story (to be posted hopefully soon ^^)