Ken

Outside the Classroom

A sigh escaped from Jaehwan's lips as he continued to delete and retype his self-teaching evaluation. The school district this year decided to be s and put a two hundred word limit on the document. His 'and's were replaced with '&' as well as homework being abbreviated into 'hw' but even with all the editing, the teacher was still fifty-four words over.

Deciding to just finish the document later, the literature teacher saved the document and leaned back against his chair. Third period has always been quiet, the students following the instructions given and hardly ever causing any type or ruckus.

Most teachers would usually hope for a class like his, wishing that the students would behave themselves more, but Jaehwan hated it. He enjoys the loud noises most classrooms have, the goofing off and the disorder. He almost let out a cry if joy as he heard the lunch bell ring, the students quickly packing up their things and hurrying out the door, with their teacher right on their tail.

---

As soon as Jaehwan stepped foot in the teacher's lounge, he let out a small cry of frustration, the others not even batting an eye.

"Third period again?" Hakyeon the biology teacher, asked, taking a bite out of his sandwhich as the literate teacher plopped down into the seat next to to him.

"They're robots, I swear!" The brunette exclaimed, taking a swig from his water bottle. "Is it really that hard to say something during class? Even a simple 'Can I borrow a pencil?' will do!"

"What do you expect?" The soft voice across from him spoke, his fingers tapping against the table. "The whole class to start singing the whole soundtrack of High School Musical everytime you aren't teaching?"

"That would be so cool!" Jaehwan exclaimed, bits of food landing on all over Taekwoon's face, the music teacher scowling and wiping the food off with a glare.

"Sorry, but yeah, I wish they could do something like that! You do not know how unbelievably boring the class is." The literature teacher whined, a pout gracing his lips.

"Atleast your class knows how to behave." The art teacher countered back. "My class almost started another paint war, and we're focusing on photography this week!" He said exasperatingly, his head leaning down to rest on Wonshik's shoulder.

"Relax Bin-ah." The gym teacher said, his hand coming up to pat the younger's head. "They're probably just excited for what you have planned for them."

Jaehwan snorted "Or they're just trying to create excitement in your class, because let's face it Bin, you aren't the most exciting teach- Ow!" His sentence was soon cuf off with a kick to the shin from the biology teacher next time him.

Just as Hongbin was about to reply, the teacher's lounge door opened, a head of blonde hair appearing.

"Sorry I'm late. A student asked for help on a couple of problems." The math teacher said, closing the door behind him.

"It's alright Hyuk-ah." Taekwoon said, patting the empty seat next to him to which the younger happily sat down.

"Hello, guys?" Jaehwan piped up, waving a french fry around before shoving it in his mouth. "Can we get back to my problem here?"

"Just tell them to start talking more. Problem solved." Hakyeom said, reaching over to steal one of Taekwoon's chips, ignoring the glare he recieved.

The group continued to make small talk for the rest of the period, bidding each other goodbye as the bell rang. Jaehwan was espacially happy as he stepped inside his classroom, the sound of mindless chatter filling his ears.