(1/1) friday night smiles

smile for me
tumblr_meuoxrC0Ni1qffjoeo1_250.gif      tumblr_meuoxrC0Ni1qffjoeo2_r1_250.gif
 

Friday.

She had her head wrapped around that one word, that one day which was today. Friday. It was Friday, and what happened during Fridays? Lots of things really. Adults get to rest (even for a little bit) and sleep in, teens get to go out and have fun at night with their friends, kids get to play video games as long as they wanted and not get scolded.

But with Son Naeun, her Fridays consisted neither of those. Her Fridays were simple; considered plain even. She’d be in her house, alone, because her mom doesn’t come home until her last shift which was at 5 in the morning, wearing pajamas and either a tub of icecream or a bowl of ramen on her lap as she watches replays of dramas on their old TV screen.

That was her Friday night routine, and she was okay with it. She liked it.

This Friday night, she was in her favorite pair of pajamas, watching a replay episode of Emergency Couple and a bowl of ramen was on the coffee table in front of her.

It was so typical and usual of her.

Naeun sighs, merely because a kiss scene between Song Jihyo and Choi Jinhyuk is showing on the screen. “Romantic,” she says with a bittersweet tone before eventually looking away. She couldn’t handle scenes like that ever since…

Ever since.

She sighs once more because she couldn’t dare complete her thought. Her heart felt heavy in her chest.

Friday.

She looks up at the dark ceiling above with a small frown on her face.

Friday.

He was supposed to come home today. He was supposed to come back.

Friday.

But there were no texts, no calls, no anything that came Naeun’s way saying that he would.

Friday.

Naeun didn’t want to expect anything anymore.

Friday.

He was still not here.

Friday

Friday

Friday

Ding dong went the doorbell.

Blinking, Naeun stood up.

“Who is it?”

“Kimchan Restaurant,” said a cheery voice from the otherside, making Naeun jump a little in surprise. “You’re order of jjajangmyeon and tangsuyuk is here, miss!”

With a raised eyebrow, she opened the door, only to be finding herself face to face with a stout delivery man still wearing his helmet. She looked down at the box he carried. “I – I didn’t order – “

“Ah, don’t worry.” He pushes her lightly aside and walks over to the living room. “It’s already been paid for.”

Naeun watches, a little stunned and confused, as the guy places the bowls of food on the coffee table with no hesitance. When he was finished, he made her sign something before going out.

Friday.

She looks at the bowl of covered jjajangmyeon and tangsuyuk, it looked so tempting and so delicious in her eyes. She watches the time on the television and sees that it was still half past 9 pm.

“But who –“

She first thought of her mom, but that thought went away as soon as she heard a voice from behind.

“Oh, the food’s here already?” she completely froze. “Naeun-ah, you should close the door, seriously, anybody can just go in." the sound of the door closing echose all around yet Naeun still can't bring herself to look back.

"What're you doing here?" she just says, or more like, whispers. 

"Oppa came back of course." 

She feels her heart beating a million times per second, and she bets he could feel it too. "But, you're apartment is on the other side." 

"Oppa wanted to see you." 

She couldn't help but snort, and when she finally turns around to look at him, not a frown or a smile is on her face. She blinks, unmoving and unwavered by the sweet smile he is giving her. 

"You're not happy I'm back?"

Yes, I am. She couldn't really hold it anymore, she knows she's been wanting to do it ever since she heard his voice. But it seemed so surreal, for him to be just standing there, smiling at her as if the past few months of being separated didn't happen at all.

Naeun smiles, and it's the smile she has reserved just for him. Just for that boy named Bang Yongguk. "You left for so long." 

He smiles even more, and she wonders why. "At least I'm back." 

Two steps forward on his side, one step back on her's. "Come here." he spreads his arms for a hug and softens his tone, letting her know that it's okay. They're okay. 

Naeun succumbs to the feeling and steps forward this time. One step, two steps, three. "I missed you."

She is basked in his scent and embrace, and all Naeun wants to do is just make the moment last even longer with Yongguk. 

It's been too long. So long.

"I missed you too." he says in his husky, deep voice that never fails to make Naeun cringe every time he talks. But she cringes, in a good way. 

He hugs her even tighter, she closes her eyes and loses herself in his hug.

"The food's getting cold."

"No, it's not." 

"I don't even like jjajangmyeon that much."

"No, but I do. You like tangsuyuk." 

Naeun smiles again. "I like you more than food."

Yongguk kisses the crown of her head. "I feel honored." 

Friday. This is what a Friday should be. 


- ; thank you all so much for those who anticipated and waited for this drabble. I hope it didn't disappoint!