Not Now

Little Moments
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Not Now

“Aish—“

Sunny scowled at the pop up message that disturbed her game session. Pressing the ‘Not Now’ button, she ranted, “How do you rate when you haven’t finished the game? These people, really.”

Meanwhile Sunny was speaking to herself, there was someone just a foot away who watched the gaming girl for quite a few hours.

“What’s wrong?” Taeyeon asked, mostly because she was being ignored and lonely. They had been in the living room for three hours and doing nothing but looking at their own ing device.

“This ‘rate us’ thing pisses me off!” Sunny’s thumb and eyes respectively tried to reveal opponent’s card stacks on the screen.

The intense stare made Taeyeon sighed. What a shame, it was hard for them to be in the same space, yet it seemed the night wouldn’t go anywhere she expected.

“You’re not the only who’s pissed off,” Taeyeon said under her breath, then changed her attention to the TV that she intentionally didn’t turn off. It would be too cruel to have the living room in silence.

She was watching a variety show, and her facial expression would make anyone think she watched a documentary. Her eyes were half open, but her brain wasn’t recording any half of the show. She was thinking about the last couple of days when her misery started with a brand new gaming console Sunny bought. If it wasn’t because of their last fight, Sunny would probably play that thing right now.

“Can’t hear you. Say again.” Sunny managed to slip a glance to Taeyeon between her game.

“Have mercy for the developers.”

Sunny’s response was delayed for seconds before she said, “I leave comments—“ then another glitch.

Taeyeon actually waited for Sunny to finish the sentence, but it looked like the latter wouldn’t even remember what she had just said. Taeyeon had spent hours in silence, and these short meaningless banter was all that she got?

“You’ve spent longer time with that game, why wouldn’t you just rate it?” Taeyeon said and her face spoke loudly. “Give them five stars for being a good companion.” Taeyeon hoped Sunny would get the message.

And of course, Sunny didn’t. If she would, she will put the phone down.

Taeyeon side eyed the shining black PS4VR, sitting proudly right next to their home theater and her mind went rampage. Reminiscing all the hours she spent in solitary confinement of loneliness when that black thing was enjoying the time with Sunny. She was a beauty, the game console, Taeyeon had to admit as she was a gamer herself. The black skin was intriguing and the curves asked for touch. Not to mention now it had glasses that would please one’s eyes with the godly graphics of virtual reality, making it such a wonderful trap, which was exactly why Taeyeon had to release agent Ginger and Sogeum for a rescue mission. It resulted with a temporary victory, but Taeyeon knew the danger was still there, that sometimes Sunny stole chances when she wasn’t at home. So, she was thinking of multiple scenarios to launch the secret mission to obliterate that dangerous weapon from their life.

Ten minutes later, Taeyeon gave up. Nothing was worth to be done as Sunny could always buy a new one. Or maybe, most probably, threaten her to buy a new one.

Not that Sunny often asked Taeyeon to buy things, she actually scolded Taeyeon if the latter bought useless stuffs. But boy, If Sunny had already set a mind towards something, she always had a way to make Taeyeon comply.

Like, telling Taeyeon she didn’t want anything but always mentioned the same things over and over again, or suddenly became affectionate and touched every single weak spot that existed in Taeyeon’s both body and mentality. The damn girl just knew which string to pull, which button to press, made Taeyeon her own avatar in a game.

If the earlier things didn’t work, then Sunny would upgrade her game play to utilizing her cutesy that Taeyeon pretended was annoying but actually loved it so much. Then Taeyeon would comply because she felt she had to do something to make sure Sunny stayed that way, which always ended the opposite.

Then, if Taeyeon still didn’t give up, Sunny would use reasoning and tried to confuse Taeyeon with what’s wrong and right, made Taeyeon feel that she would regret something if she didn’t do what Sunny wanted. Taeyeon wasn’t that brainy kind of girl, she was much more into feelings and emotion. But, every single time her feelings told she was being manipulated, she still did it anyway.

And, if Taeyeon fortunately was having her ‘heart made of steel’ day, resisting all Sunny’s tricks above, then, the final game was on. The hidden card. The secret level. The most fatal, lethal trick on earth that Taeyeon never wanted to experience again.

She was banned. Banned from touching Sunny.

Damn, how Taeyeon hated it when Sunny drew that death card. That was the most evil and disturbing way to torment someone by using the deepest and desperate desire one’s had then played with it. How Taeyeon couldn’t comply? She was a dog with a bone in Sunny’s hand. If Sunny said ‘fetch’, damn she would.

“So fetch!”

“What?!”

“My move just now. I turn the table. I’ll win this round.” Sunny made a little jump in her seat. Her whole face lit up.

Taeyeon unknowingly had been already on her feet, standing readily with tightened.

“Damn!” Taeyeon scolded herself. She then awkwardly twisted her torso, acting like she was stretching. She sat back when she felt Sunny didn’t pay attention to her. The things she would do for Sunny.

“I’ll win this round, Taengoo!” Sunny said as soon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter