Sequel

Maybe Love

Its been approxiamately 2 months since Jongin and Kyungsoo became an official couple. Kyungsoo knows because he's been counting. Ever since he confessed his feelings to Jongin, he couldn't believe what they had become. Never in a million years did Kyungsoo think that Jongin had feelings for him too. But thankfully he did and now Kyungsoo felt like he was on cloud 9.

 

Plus, going to school didn't become a hassale anymore because it meant that Kyungsoo could see Jongin everyday. It practically became a normal routine for Jongin to pick up Kyungsoo at his house so that the two could go to school together. And when they got to school, Kyungsoo watched as everyone stared at them holding hands. Kyungsoo could literally see everyone's eyes burning in envy.

 

"So loverboy." Baekhyun starts, as he places his belongings on top of his desk. He takes his seat and faces Kyungsoo, who was having a conversation with Luhan. "How does it feel like to be dating Mr. Perfect as everyone in the school calls him."

 

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes. "Mind your own buisness. You don't see me asking you about your relationship with Chanyeol."

 

"Come on, Kyungsoo. We're just curious." Luhan pouts. "You've had a crush on Jongin since we were a freshmen and we practically helped you stalk him before you guys were together. Remember that one time we helped you sneek out of class so you could watch him play soccer at P.E? You owe us."

 

"Fine." 

 

"Fine as in you'll tell us?" Baekhyun asks, batting his eyelashes. If acting cute works on Chanyeol might as well try it out on Kyungsoo. 

 

"No. Fine as in my relationship with Jongin is fine." Kyungsoo replies, as he watches Luhan and Baekhyun look at each other, skeptically. Kyungsoo blinks. "What?"

 

"Fine?" Luhan asks, raising his eyebrows. "Just fine?"

 

Kyungsoo nods. "Yeah, but he's getting busy with college applications and all so we haven't really had the chance to hang out that often."

 

Baekhyun face palms. "Me and Chen were just fine until he cheated on me with Xuimin. Then we broke up after 2 months of dating."

 

"Are you saying that Jongin's going to cheat on me?" Kyungsoo scoffs. This was ridiculous. Jongin's not cheating on him nor is he thinking of breaking up with him. At least that's what Kyungsoo wants to believe. "He's just been busy. He's not cheating on me."

 

"How are you so sure?" Baekhyun asks. "I thought that Chen was busy all the time but I found out that he was just busy with Xuimin. Besides did you forget that Jongin's a senior this year? I'm not trying to ruin the mood or anything but have you ever thought of what's going to happen to you guys after he graduates? Whether you guys stay together and have a long distance relationship or-"

 

"Baekhyun!" Luhan slaps Baekhyun's arm, as a way to shut him up. "Stop saying nonsense things. Kyungsoo still has a lot of time to discuss everything with Jongin. Graduation's in 3 months."

 

"No. Baekhyun's right." Kyungsoo sighs and slumps his body on his chair.

 

Kyungsoo hadn't really thought about what would happen with his relationship with Jongin after he graduated. He's just been to focused on their lovey-dovey moments that he forgot the reality of it all. What if he was just a way for Jongin to waste time and then when Jongin graduates he'll leave Kyungsoo and find a hot new boyfriend in college.

 

-

 

When the final bell rang, everyone rushed out of the class in a hurry. It was a Friday and everyone just wanted to go home and relax, including Kyungsoo, who had a bad day. He cursed all of his teachers for deciding to give a test all on the same day and Kyungsoo was exhausted from studying late last night. Now, Kyungsoo was standing in front of Jongin's classroom waiting for his boyfriend to emerge and flash him a cute and loving smile that would maybe get his mood up. 

 

When Jongin got out of the classroom, he was smiling. But it wasn't at Kyungsoo but rather to the handsome male beside him. They were laughing, probably at another one of Jongin's idiotic jokes about why the chicken crossed the road. However, when Jongin finally realized that his boyfriend was there, he said his goodbyes to his friend and slung his arms around Kyungsoo's shoulder.

 

"How was your day, love?" Jongin questions, as they walk together to the parking lot.

 

"Horrible." Kyungsoo sighs. "I had a test in practically every period. I probably failed all of them."

 

Jongin laughes and then proceeds to open the passengers door for Kyungsoo to get in the car. "You probably did great. You always do."

 

"You're just saying that because your my boyfriend." Kyungsoo blushes, as he buckles in his seat belt."You know I probably failed them too. I procrastanated way too much by texting you last night."

 

Jongin smiles. "Fine if you get a bad grade on your test, I'll take full credit for it. You know what? I'll even apologize to your teachers or something."

 

Kyungsoo laughs and then quickly remembers something. "Did you meet a new friend?"

 

Jongin blinks, confusidely and then snaps his fingers in realization. "You mean Sehun? He's been my friend for years but since we never had a class together we kind of drifted apart. But thankfully we have a class together this year. I should introduce you guys one day. You'd love him."

 

"I'd love to." Kyungsoo smiles.

 

-

 

"Does this shirt make me look fat?" Luhan asks, as he faces his body towards Baekhyun and Kyungsoo. It was a Saturday and since Jongin was too busy today Kyungsoo decided to help Luhan find a shirt to wear for his date this afternoon. Baekhyun gave Luhan a thumbs up while Kyungsoo just nodded and continued on with his game. 

 

When Kyungsoo excused himself to go to the restroom, he stumbled upon a familiar figure that looked exactly like his boyfriend. Maybe his eyes were playing tricks with him, but as he neared closer he saw Jongin and Sehun listening to CDs at a shop. Kyungsoo watched as the two laughed and smiled at one another. Kyungsoo felt his heart break. He couldn't believe that Jongin lied to him. Kyungsoo would've understood if Jongin wanted to hang out with Sehun but Kyungsoo didn't understand why Jongin had lied to him. 

 

Maybe Baekhyun was right. Maybe Jongin was planning to break up with him. Or even worse, maybe Jongin was cheating on him. 

 

-

 

Ever since that day, Kyungsoo began to avoid Jongin as much as possible. He began carpooling to school again with Luhan, after telling Jongin that it wasnt fair for Jongin to be wasting gas by driving Kyugnsoo to school everyday. Of course Jongin opposed of the idea, but he agreed because it was what Kyungsoo wanted. It's been a week since the two had an actual conversation together and Jongin missed Kyungsoo. Whenever Jongin tried to start a conversation with Kyungsoo it would end quickly because Kyungsoo would have to excuse himself because he had something else to do.

 

So today Jongin was determined to find out what's been bothering his boyfriend. When the final bell rang, Jongin rushed out of his classroom and waited outside of Kyungsoo's class. When Kyungsoo saw his boyfriend outside of his class, Kyungsoo didn't know whether to approach him or ignore him. But when Jongin smiled and began to approach him, Kyungsoo's heart melted.

 

"What are you doing here?" Kyungsoo asked, softly. He didnt mean to sound weak and fragile, but he couldn't help himself. Jongin always made him feel like this. 

 

Jongin kissed Kyungsoo's cheek which startled Kyungsoo and made the latter blush at Jongin's sudden action. "I'm here for you silly. I thought that we could hang out after school and take you to the-"

 

"I can't." Kyungsoo stated, looking down to avoid Jongin's gaze. "I'm busy today."

 

"Busy again?" Jongin sighed. "You've been busy this whole week. Are you going to keep avoiding me forever or are you finally going to tell me what's on your mind?"

 

Kyungsoo just kept quiet. He didn't want to accuse Jongin on cheating on him nor did he want to discuss what's going to happen to their relationship once Jongin graduates. Because what if Jongin confirms that he is cheating on Kyungsoo and dumps him. He didn't want his relationship with Jongin to end. So instead Kyungsoo decided to bottle his feelings once again. 


"Fine then call me when you're ready to talk about this with me." Jongin sighs, as he begins to walk away. He feels bitter and didn't mean to sound frustrated. He came to Kyungsoo with good intentions. All Jongin wanted to do was hang out with his boyfriend. But Kyungsoo just kept pushing him away. Maybe Jongin was frustrated.

 

Frustrated because after all this time, Kyungsoo still isn't able to open up his feelings to him. 

 

-

 

"Kyungsoo?" Kyungsoo heard, as someone gently shook him to wake him up. 

 

Kyungsoo slowly began to open his eyes and raised his head. He rubbed his eyes and yawned loudly, as he streched his arms out. He checked his watch and face palmed his self. He fell asleep at the library. All he wanted to do was take a quick nap after studying for his midterms but instead he ended up sleeping for more than 4 hours. His parents were going to kill him when he gets home. 

 

"You seem stressed." Kyungsoo turned and saw Suho taking the empty seat in front of him. Suho smiled softly. "I haven't seen you in forever. Are you still toturing yourself with your studies?"

 

"Very funny." Kyungsoo replied, sarcastically. "Midterms are next week and I wanted to prepare early. I'm failing some classes right now."

 

"Failing? You mean you have a B? B is not failing Kyungsoo." Suho laughed. "You should really take a break once in a while. You know, I thought you would learn to let loose once you and Jongin started dating. But I don't think thats the case anymore. Speaking of Jongin, where is he? Has he been treating you well?"

 

Kyungsoo let out a sigh. He hasn't spoken to Jongin in 3 days so Kyungsoo didn't really know what was going on with him. Kyungsoo hated how they became so distant. "He's been treating me well."

 

Suho raised an eyebrow. "It doesn't seem like it. Is there anything wrong? Did you guys get into a fight or something? Because if he hurt you, i'll kick his any day."

 

"If there's anyone's that should be kicked, it should be mine." Kyungsoo sighed. "I've been an to him and now he hates me. He doesn't even want to talk to me-"

 

"I doubt Jongin hates you. Now can you please tell me what happened?"

 

"I made him mad." Kyungsoo feels tears forming and quickly wipes them before more tears begin to fall. But it was late because now Kyungsoo was a mess. Tears were rolling down all over his face and he felt horrible. "Baehyun and Luhan made me think alot about what would happen after Jongin graduates and if we break up or have a long distance relationship. Then I saw him with another guy at the mall, when he said he was busy because of his college applications and I jumped into conclusions. Thinking that he was cheating on me and it made me insecure so I kept my distance. I didn't want to ask Jongin about it because I was scared. Because what if we do break up? I should've just told him how I felt instead of keeping it to myself."

 

Suho pats Kyungsoo's head, as a way to comfort him. "Why don't you just tell him what's bothering you? I'm sure he'll understand."

 

"I can't."

 

"Why? You just told me what was wrong. Why can't you tell Jongin?" Suho asked. "You can't just keep bottling up your emotions, Kyungsoo. Jongin's your boyfriend."

 

"Because your my friend. I'm supposed to be asking you for advise." Kyungsoo sniffs. "That's what friends do."

 

"And Jongin's your boyfriend. Instead of asking me for advise on what to do, why don't you just ask Jongin?"

 

"I'm scared." Kyungsoo confessed. "You know how I am. I'm not good at telling other people about my feelings."

 

"There's nothing to be scared of." Suho sighed. "If you never confessed to Jongin and told him your feelings, you guys probably wouldn't have gotten together and you would still be miserable. Being in a relationship means trusting your partner. And if you can't learn to trust Jongin your relationship's going to fail. And you don't want that do you?"

 

Kyungsoo shook his head. Suho was right. He needed to trust Jongin and avoiding him wasn't the answer. Kyungsoo should've just told Jongin what was bothering him instead of keeping it to himself. 

 

-

 

After the library, Kyungsoo decided to walk home. Of course, Suho asked Kyungsoo if he wanted a ride home but he declined it because Kyungsoo felt that walking could clear his mind. Besides, it was pretty chilly today and Kyungsoo loved walking in cold weather. As he nears his house, he noticed a male figure standing outside.

 

Kyungsoo squinted his eyes. "Jongin?"

 

Jongin doesn't reply and instead quickly embraced Kyungsoo. "Where the hell have you been? Your parents called me and said you haven't come home yet. So I called Luhan and Baekhyun but they didn't know where you were either. I even tried calling you but you wouldn't pick up-"

 

"I'm sorry. I was studying at the library but then I fell asleep." Kyungsoo replied. "And I left my phone at home."

 

"What's going on with you lately?" Jongin asked, tightening his embrace on the latter. "You've been ignoring me and I don't like it. I miss you but whenever I try to ask you out you always say your busy when your not. Did I do something wrong? Because if I did, you know i'm sorry-"

 

Kyungsoo breaks the hug and Jongin begins to worry. Maybe he did do something wrong. "You didn't do anything wrong. It's my fault."

 

"What?" Jongin blinks. 

 

"Baekhyun and Luhan were talking about what would happen when you graduate. They said that it's either we break up or have a long distance relationship. And that even if we are still together, you wouldn't have time for me anymore. And then one time I saw you with another guy at the mall when you said you were busy that day. And then I got really insecure so I started avoiding you. And I shouldn't have done that. And I'm sorry."

 

By now, tears were rolling down Kyungsoo's face and Kyungsoo looked down to avoid Jongin's gaze. Kyungsoo didn't want Jongin to see him crying. Jongin would probably think he was pathetic and a cry baby. What Kyungsoo doesnt expect however is for Jongin to lift his chin and plant a kiss on his lips. When Jongin broke the kiss, he smiled and bent down to accomodate his boyfriend's height. 

 

"You should've just told me." Jongin flashed another loving smile at him and Kyungsoo felt butterflies fluttering inside his stomach. It also made Kyungsoo feel horrible. Because he should've just told Jongin what was bothering him in the first place. "I know that after I graduate you think that I won't have time for you anymore but that's why I've been working so hard to get accepted into a university close to you. Breaking up with you was never an option."

 

"I'm sorry." Kyungsoo sniffed and Jongin laughed, as he wiped Kyungsoo's tears away. "I've been an and I shouldn't have avoided you. I just thought you got tired of me."

 

"And why would I ever get tired of you? I would never." 

 

Kyungsoo bit his lips. "Because I saw you and another guy at the mall when you said you were busy. I thought that-"

 

"That I was cheating on you?" Jongin completed the sentence and Kyungsoo nodded. "I'm not cheating on you. The guy I was with was actually Sehun. And I was busy that day except he kept begging me to take him out because he wanted to reminisce some past memories. And besides Sehun has a crush on Luhan. That's why we've been hanging out recently. He thinks I'm his wing man. Is that the reason you've been avoiding me lately?"

 

Kyungsoo nodded. "I'm sorry. I was just scared that if I asked you, you would confirm that it was true and you would break up with me. And I didn't want to lose you. But I was wrong and I should've just asked-"

 

"Stop saying your sorry. It's okay. Really." Jongin replied, as he pulled Kyungsoo into another comforting hug. "I'm glad you're actually talking to me about your feelings. If there's anything that's bothering you, I don't want you holding it in anymore. Talk to me about it and don't just ignore me. Okay?"

 

Kyungsoo nodded. "Jongin."

 

"Yes, love?"

 

"I love you." Kyungsoo confessed, as he put his head on his boyfriend's chest.

 

Jongin smiled and then pressed a kiss on the top of Kyungsoo's head. "I love you too."

 


 

I know now the sequel's pretty short but here it is! I know I said I would be making an alternative ending but I'm not really feeling like I want to write angst stories as of right now. Maybe in the future!