001

Hate

“Why do you always do the opposite of whatever I ask you?” I snapped, a huge frown appeared on my lips. “Why do I always have to do whatever you ask me to do?” The annoying teenage boy who stood in front of me, snapped back.

 

“Because I’m Jina. And, whatever I want, I get.” Well, that was partially true. I almost get what I want. Unless, I want something from Daehyun. He was impossible! No matter how much  I blackmailed or threatened him, he wouldn’t do anything! But finally, after ten years of me knowing him, I have finally discovered a great method of blackmail. This time, it would definitely work on Daehyun. And, not only will it work with him, it’ll work for everybody.  

 

Whatever.” He just rolled his eyes and sat down next to me. You see, no matter how much we despised each other, we were always in the same class. And, somehow, we were always partners as well. I scowled and sat down next to him, my chin placed in my hands, bored as ever. I looked around the classroom to see a few people there already. Some were looking at our way, probably admiring Daehyun. What did they ever see in him? I rolled my eyes and sighed. Why is school so boring? It’s the second week of school and our teacher just lets us self study and leaves the room. But, we don’t even study, we just talk and do whatever we please. Or, most of the time, he gives us free time.  Sometimes I think Mr. Lee is gay.

 

“Oh my god! You’re actually early today! This is a nice surprise.” Eunmi walked in, clapping sarcastically. She is the iest girl in the world, but I love her. I mean come on, she’s my ing buddy. “Shut up.” I rolled my eyes, giving her a quick glare. “So, what’s todays fight about?” She took her seat right in front of me, her elbows on my table. “Fight? We never fight! Right, Daehyun?”  

 

“Whatever.” He replied. Oh, why oh why does he always reply with that word? It’s not the only word that can be used. He needs to expand his use of vocabulary. “Why do you always reply to me with the same word?”  

 

“Are you trying to tell me that I’m not allowed to answer one word replies?”

“Stop answering me with questions!”

“Well, what if I want to?”

“You’re so annoying!”

“Well, you’re even more annoying!”

“Jerk”

“Brat”

 

“Okay, okay. Stop your love quarrel, Mr. Lim is about to come in!” Our heads turned to the direction of the very familiar voice. “When did you get here?” I asked, surprised that they got here already. Himchan just rolled his eyes.

Before I could say a word, Mr. Lim came in the class, causing the class to shut up and sit in their seats quietly.

 

“Good.. It’s nice to see you all so well behaved.” He said as he wrote the instructions on the board.  After a few minutes of writing he spoke again, “Now, I have a meeting to go to. Self study till the next teacher comes.” He walked out of the classroom, and once again, the class became its usual disruptive self.

 

Mr. Lim was our math teacher. And, yes, we have math. Surprise surprise. But, no one does the work. He may be strict but he sure has short term memory.

 

I looked around the classroom to see if our group of friends left, and well they did. Those betrayers! I  poked Daehyun’s cheek, causing him to turn around and look at me. Well, it was more of a glare. “What?”

“Go to town with me.” I stood up, thinking of ways to convince him if he said no. But, nah, i’ll just wing it.

 

“Why not?” I pouted. Why won’t he go to town with me? He goes everyday but he won’t come today! “Because I don’t want to.” “Please?” “No.” “PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PELASE PLEASE!?!?!?!” I was starting to get annoyed by his bipolar .

 

“Hmph. Fine.” He turned back to the  manga he was reading. How come all he does is read his stupid comic books? I blew a raspberry and stomped my feet on the ground, ready to throw a tantrum. “So, can we still go to town?”

 

“No.”

“Why not?”

“Go with the others.”

“They already left!”

“Well, catch up with them then.”

“PLEASE?”

 

No answer.

One, two, three, four, five, si-

 

“Fine, whatever.” He stood up, and looked down at me. And, when I say that, I mean literally. “Stop making fun of me because I’m short!” I frowned, causing him to smirk. “I never said anything about you being short, smurfette.”

 

“You just called me short!”

“No I didn’t!”

“You technically did, dumb.”

“Good to know i’m dumb and brown, but at least im not munchkin.”

“I’m going to burn you!”

 

The idiot chuckled and jumped down the classroom window. I scowled and followed him out. Of course, I expected my landing to be graceful and cool. But, this time, I did not land on the grass. I landed on a someone. A particular someone who just called me short a few seconds ago. “Get off of me, pig.” I rolled my eyes and stood up, not bothering to help him up. “C’mon, let’s go before Sae strangles us.” He stood up and walked beside me. We reached the gate which was, of course, occupied with Musty. Now, Musty, is actually the guard keeper. He keeps track of who goes in and out of the gate and where they go. He’s a little weird and has bad odor. And when I say bad, I mean horrible.

 

“Afternoon, kids!” Musty waved at us from the window of his booth. “We’re heading for town.” Daehyun nodded at him. That’s one of his many ways of greeting people. “Okay! Be careful though. I heard that some Folk are in there today.” Musty shivered at the thought of Folk entering an all magic town. Daehyun just nodded and continued to walk through the gates that were now open.

 

When we arrived, everything was normal. Well, almost normal. The only thing that wasn’t normal is that a group of five Folk were walking through the streets, confused as ever. I noticed that most Mages stopped to look at them. Their face either had a look of confusion, interest, or disgust. Daehyun and I looked at each other and shrugged. Hushed whispers could be heard throughout the streets. Some people didn’t even bother to look at them.

 

“Let’s go to Candy’s.” I nodded at his suggestion because 1, Candy’s was the usual hangout for our group of friends and 2, non-mages are not allowed to enter. There is a magical barrier placed over it making it invisible and impossible for Folks to enter.

 

When we entered Candy’s there were so many people there. Another unusual thing. It’s a good thing that it recently just expanded to both a little fancy restaurant and a hotel. “Jina!” I heard a very familiar voice cry out. I turned to the direction of the voice to see Saeri, waving hysterically at us. I tapped Daehyun’s back and pointed to Saeri. He grabbed my hand and led us over there. “Where are the others? Why are there so many people here? Are they scared of those Folk? Is something bad going on? Because I definitely do not like the aura around he-” Before, I could finish my long list of questions I was shoved into a private room. Oh, did I mention Youngjae’s cousin owned this place? I ran over to Eunmi and sat beside her, glaring at Daehyun.

 

“Why did you push me? You could’ve just asked me to go in!” I crossed my arms in a childish manner. “Ji, this isn’t the time.” He looked at me sternly. So, I just shut up. “No one knows whats going on. For all we know, they could be antis.” I nodded and looked up, “So, are we just going to stay in here and do nothing or have a little fun?”


So this is my extremely late first chapter. I'm very busy with school right now and considering the fact that it just started, I have piles and piles of homework. There might be some errors somewhere here, but i'll check later on and edit them. I hope you guys enjoyed it!