The Golden Voice

DJ Got Me Falling In Love

 

I couldn't believe even in my wildest dreams that I was in my dream country with the love of my life beside me. It was rather funny yet sweet how we had met, my lover is a radio DJ, his show was always from midnight till two in the morning. Ever since the very first broadcast I had become glued to listening to him every single night. I never missed a single show, texting in each night with supporting messages and sometimes requesting a song to play.

His voice was deep, husky yet so sweet and gentle, I lost count how may times his sweet voice had helped me get through course work and helped me relax at night. It had been three years since the first broadcast that I entered a competition to win a tour around the studio and watch him while his show aired live. It was a week later I got the call to say I was one of the lucky ones to be selected by the man him self, the tour was going to be on the Sunday which had given me the week to prepare myself.

I spent the week sorting out a nice outfit and how I was going to style my hair. Butterflies seemed to settled in home in my stomach, just the thought of being in the same room with him set my heart alight. I could honestly say I had fallen in love with a man I had never seen, his voice just always made me smile, heart flip about and tingles wave through my body.I would feel so helpless when he would mention he had a cold and felt my heart break when he sounded sad. My friends at college teased me about my crush on the radio host, I had gotten used to it after a few months, their jokes now just fall flat on their faces.

The time seemed to fly past and Sunday had arrived quicker then I had liked. I couldn't lie, I was so nervous, what if he didn't like me or was some old ey man. I had called the show lot's during the three years, he sounded so happy each time I called and even gave me a sweet nickname Bummie. No one else called me that and if they did I would forbid them too as that was my sweet name he called me and only he was allowed too.

I had chosen some black skinny jeans and a simple plain red knitted jumper my grandma had made for me. I wanted to look nice but keep it simple, I wore my black and blue Nike hight tops and straightened my fluffy brown hair out so my bang's fell across my fore head. I added some eye liner to my eye's and I was all set to see the man that had made me fall in love with just his voice.

The radio station wasn't too far from where I lived, a 15 minute walk from my home. Autumn had arrived, the dying leaves dropping from the tree's and floating down to the cold ground, only to be crunched under peoples feet. The brown crunchy leaves turning in to small pieces of what used to be a healthy green leave dancing in the summer breeze. I was quite a fast walker so I seemed to arrive before everyone else. My mum was going to pick me up once the show had ended, I had pushed my luck walking around at such a late time of night.

My finger's trembled and the butterflies were out in full force, fluttering about in my stomach in a frenzy. Not long after I had arrived, everyone else turned up. There was only five winners in all, three girls and a boy were the other people, their parents dropping them off and going to sit in their cars to wait until it was all over. I kept my self to my self as the others chatted about how excited they were and the girls literally drooling over meeting the host. I couldn't lie, I felt a little down seeing them, I had fallen in love with him yet I had never met him and no doubt he would never find a boy attractive let alone like me in the same way.

A rather old looking lady came down the stairs with a clipboard, her black hair falling just across her shoulder's, wrinkles either side of her eye's and little dark circles underneath showed she was tired. The lady called out our names and lead us to the room were we would be seated. My leg's felt like jelly as we approached the main room, I fiddled with my finger's, feeling rather nervous again. I gulped as we arrived and entered the room, the host wasn't there yet, the lady had mentioned he was due to be here soon and that he had arrived but was sorting a few things out first.

That alone made me want to cry and jump out a window. My breath hitched as the door opened and a figure walked through. My heart was bouncing around my chest like a tennis ball being thrown back and forth,  my feline eye's widened as the figure came in to view. He was better looking then I had ever imagined, he had the softest looking dark strawberry blond hair, bang's that were perfectly swept across his head, mostly hidden by a black baseball cap. He had the most hypnotizing, heart melting puppy eye's that could kill anyone with a weak heart. He had such a cute nose, one nostril bigger then the other, his lips looked so plump and so kissable, his pearl white teeth dazzled under the soft golden light's that lit up the studio.

He was wearing black skinny jeans and a black hoodie with white graffiti over the front. He came past us, shaking our hand's and introducing him self. The second he touched my hand, I felt electric pulse through my body, his scent reminded me of cookies. I  must of looked like a right idiot when I stuttered my name out yet his eye's widened at the sound of my voice. D...did he maybe recognize me from the calls we shared? I could feel a slight rosy red blush tint my cheeks as his eye;s wrinkled in to a sweet smile, his lips stretching to his ears.

The girls giggled through out the show which became rather annoying, the other boy seemed so un fazed and looked like he would of rather stayed at home. My self on the other hand could not keep my eye's of the piece of perfection that sat in front of me, his voice sounded even sweeter and softer in person. During a break where he played a song, he brought us all a hot chocolate and a yummy doughnut each to have. I felt like a school girl, my blush seemed to get worse as time ticked by. I imagined what it would be like if this was some kind of date thing, my heart nearly deflating at the simple thought's.

It scared me how much one person had affected me so much. I had never been in love before, I been used and hurt but this feeling was out of this world. He spoke to us a lot during our visit there, asking us questions yet I found he seemed to be more interested when I spoke compared to the others. Every so often I found his gaze lingering on me, his eye's twinkling brightly and I had never seen a smile look so genuine in all my 19 years alive.

I found out he was a little bit older then I was but not by much, he was 24 and during the day he studied at Uni, taking a degree in music which I found amazing. He sung to us and played the guitar and I was like one of them fan girls, wanting to cry and fan girl hard. His singing voice was like sweet like chocolate melting in your mouth, the emotions caused a whole new wave of feelings to wash through me. My toe's curled in delight as his gaze lingered on me a bit longer then everyone else, the sweet, loving words had me wishing they were being sung to me and only me.

Time had become my worst enemy as it was soon time to leave and go home, everyone bowed and the other's left, I was shocked when he approached me, smiling widely again. His thumb caressed the side of my bow shaped lips, I felt my body shake with nerves as he chuckled lightly at the sight of my wide eye's. He whispered that I had a bit of chocolate left there, I swore I wanted the ground to open up and swallow me whole. He asked me a few questions, making sure I had a nice time and even waited with me for my mum to pick me up but she never came.

I couldn't lie I was worried and walking home at 2 in the morning scared me, the town was full of horrible drunks and druggies. Being the gentleman that he was, he gave me a ride home, wanting to make sure I got back safe and sound. During the short journey he asked me about my life, taking great interest in what I was studying and seems quite proud of me. It was only when we reached my house that he asked about me calling the show before, he kept saying he recognized my voice.

I smiled (and blushed) when I said I did and that he called me Bummie, the look on his face made me want to melt right there and then. He kept on thanking me for making his show that much more enjoyable, confessing that he always looked forward to my text messages and calls. He asked me to come and visit him tomorrow night again which I agreed too, how could I say no to such a sweetheart. He pecked my cheek before I got out the car, my blush now resembling beetroot, he waited until I was in doors safe and sound. I went to bed happy and smiling brightly, I felt like I was on top of the world.

The simple meeting had inspired me and I found myself working harder at college on my fashion designs, excited to see the puppy like man again. That night we met again, he had brought me something hot to drink as the heater had broken, wrapping his own scarf around my neck when I shivered half way through. I felt like the whole situation was from one of those fan fic fan girls write about their favourite pairings.

That night he drove me home again, making sure to swap number's this time, getting another peck on the cheek before leaving to go inside. That night I went to bed smiling like an idiot, my text charm going off, the light from the screen brightening up my pitch black bedroom. I had never smiled so much in all my life and reading the simple message set my heart a lit and butterflies to bounce around in my stomach. I went to sleep snuggled down and wrapped in my blanket, dreaming of the him and his angelic voice. The feeling of his lips still lingered on my cheek from where he had pecked me. I must of looked so stupid, blushing like an idiot.

To:Bummie
From:JjongD

Goodnight beautiful <33
Sleep well and I hope I can see you tomorrow again :D

Jjong
xoxoxoxo

I nearly fainted on the spot reading that. He called me beautiful, I didn't even think he would look at me twice yet he just called me beautiful. I had to pinch myself a few times to make sure I wasn't dreaming. I replied saying that I would love to see him again tomorrow. That was how it went for the next two months, each night he would ask me to come down to see him which I did.

My mum was worried that my grades would drop with me staying out late yet it had the opposite affect. He had given me the encouragement and support I needed, I soon became top student in my class and my designs getting praise so much that one company wanted to make it and sell it in Top shop. It was on a Saturday in the new year, I woke to see a text from him, asking if I fancied meeting him for a coffee in town. I jumped at the chance, any time I spent with him made me feel so alive and happy. He had even gotten me a Christmas present, a white and blue fluffy scarf and some new bit's to help me with sketching and drawing for college. A small box of special chocolates and a small chain with a key pendent on it.

I made him two nice, thick cotton jumpers so he was warm during the chilly seasons, he seemed to love the jumpers and when I saw him seated in the cafe that Saturday he was wearing the white hoodie with a dollar printed on the front. It was another present I had gotten him, I felt they were the best things to buy as they still hadn't fixed the heaters in his studio. We had coffee and shared some red velvet cake between us, we joked around and shared sweet laugher, I never felt so happy. You can imagine my shock when he asked me out on a date, confessing his love for me over hot chocolate and cake, his eye's told me how honest he was.

His larger yet warmer hand's trembled in mine as he pleaded with me to give him a chance. I said yes straight away, feeling like I was living in my dream fantasy world. I was going to go on a date with the man I had fallen in love with and loved for nearly three years. At first when I started to have these feeling's I felt so strange I even tried to deny my self that these feelings meant something.

I went on a small hiatus, stopped listening to his show for a while yet each night I itched to hear him speak again. I remember staying away for just over a week and when I craved in and listened again my heart shattered to pieces. He sounded so sad, alone and like he had lost something that meant a lot to him. It scared me to think maybe it was me and my calls but dismissed it quickly.

That thought kept on playing in my mind so that Monday night I called him and it shocked me to hear how quickly his voice changed. He instantly sounded so much happier and like I had never disappeared. That week I didn't listen was the worst week of my life. I felt alone, my world became dull and I seemed to lose interest in everything I did. Hearing his sweet angelic voice again was like the sun peeking out behind the fluffy clouds trying to hide it. It shocked me knowing how much of an impact on my life he had even though I had never seen him at that point.

Hearing him tell stories of life at home and growing up always made my heart flutter. I always wished I could share my life with him, he liked adventure and that was something I always wished for. During our date he asked me why I went away and I had to be honest, telling him how the feeling's I felt and how they felt so foreign to me. I told him how I never been in love before and the new emotions had me feeling scared and worried. He had taken my hand in his and told me to not worry and promised he would never hurt me.I felt like I could trust him, his voice sounded so sweet and eye's shone brightly, honesty pouring from those warm chocolate brown orbs.

I believed him and that night we became lover's, both confessing our love to one another as we walked along the beach, stars shining down on us. For the next two years we became glued to one another, he still did his radio show which I would visit on most night's. I would bring him some hot food to eat if he didn't have dinner, some night's I would go home and sleep over. He always sounded so happy and cheerful on his show now even when he was tired.His listener's sent in messages of support and even joked about how jealous they were when he would talk about love stories and how he had found the missing piece in his heart.

It shocked me that I had such an effect on him when he only knew me by my voice. My mum wasn't too sure about our relationship at first but she soon came round when she saw how happy he made me. I never did see the other people again but I could guess those girls hated me with a deep passion now that I was dating him. Each Friday he would take me out for dinner some where before his show, during the weekend we would go to the movies or go for a picnic and sometimes even star gaze.

It became a habit that I stayed around his apartment each weekend and on out first anniversary he asked me to move in with him. I was scared at first, never been away from home but I jumped at the chance. He lived 25 minutes away from my old home so I could still see my mum weekly and college wasn't far. Even though I was scared, it was the best decision I ever made and never regretted. He made feel so at ease and welcome, like it had always been my home but never actually lived there. I got nervous in case he got bored with me yet each day he would hold me, tell me how much he loved me and shower me with the most heart melting compliments. Our love seemed to blossom each day, still finding out new thing's about each other.

I never believed I could be so happy and that love could make me feel this way, it was scary how one person could become your whole world and reason to live. Eight months after I moved in with him, I graduated from college gaining the highest marks in my class and getting a job designing clothes for a well know hight street shop. He was there every step of the way, cheering me on and smiling like a proud idiot he is. My family accepted him quickly, seeing how happy he made me and how much I had come out of my shell and grown thanks to him. We had been together for just over four years and I was still madly in love with him like I was all them years ago, all that changed was my love had grown stronger and run deeper.

His voice still made me go in to cardiac arrest especially when he sing's to me on the balcony of our apartment as the sun sets over the hills. he had written so many songs for me since we had started dating and he had even confessed that he wrote songs about me before we had met. He told me that my voice and my calls to his show inspired him, having lot's of sleepless night's writing songs. I felt taken back when he told me that, it seemed like we both feel for each other just by hearing the sound of our own voice's.

To say he was perfect as an understatement, he certainly wasn't an old ey man but a young, handsome, god like man with a heart of gold. His voice was what made me fall so deeply in love with him, his passion for music and care for others made my heart flutter. For our fourth anniversary he had surprised me with the trip of a life time. He knew since the day we met how I had always wanted to visit New York, it was a dream of mine since I was little. Visiting the big apple to see the amazing sights, experience the shopping life there was all I had ever wanted besides finding love.

The day he told me I cried, hugging him tightly and mumbling thank you over and over. Our anniversary fell just before Christmas so it gave me an extra reason to be excited, I could do all my shopping there instead of leaving it until the last minute. We left Korea Sunday evening, arriving in New York early Monday afternoon. It was sunny yet had a slight chill in the air, I was speechless, everything was beyond perfect and better then I had ever expected. Feeling my lover's hand slide against mine and intertwine our finger's made everything even more perfect.

Nothing had ever felt so right then our finger's intertwined together, hand's resting against each other, his warmth spreading through my body and keeping me warm from the bitter cold wind's that blew. Our smiles seem to have become a permanent feature, never a day passes and I don't smile brightly, dimples on show that cause my lover to turn in to a mumbling mess, like a school girl crushing hard on their secret lover. It always made me feel so special, the way he would look at, those warm brown orbs opening up like big wooden doors, inviting me in to his soul.

Those puppy eye's always held so much emotion, love, honesty, care, affection and most importantly trust. I knew I could trust him and he has never let me down, he kept his promise he made me all them years ago. He has never hurt me and only brought me  happiness and joy, the only tears he caused me were one's of happiness like when he told me he was going to take me to New York for a week. I felt arm's wrap around my waist and soft breath tickled my neck, it pulled me out of my day dream and I turned in the gentle hold to face my lover.

"Hey baby, are you alright" He asked me, his eye's sparkling under the city light's. He looked like a real angel, those plump lips stretched in to a heart warm smile. We were currently on a boat going for small tour around, it was the night time and we could see the whole city lit up.

It was more beautiful to see in person then what I saw in pictures. I smiled when I felt his finger's tighten my scarf around my neck as the chilly wind's blew harshly, his arms wrapping around my waist once he had done. I turned to the side in his hold to face him, smiling brightly as he let his finger's move to sweep my bang's to one side that had been messed up by the strong winds.

I closed my eye's and kissed those lips I had become so addicted too, humming lightly when I feel him melt against my lips. I could never get enough of his taste and feeling of lips moulded against mine in a sweet, tender lip lock. We pulled back when the tour announcer told us we were approaching the golden gate bridge, I could tell he looked a little nervous but I put it down to being cold more then anything. It made my heart swell knowing under his coat, he was wearing one of the sweater's I made him all them years ago. He never forgot about them or found them tacky, proudly wearing nearly everyday during the winter or when it got cold.

"I'm fine Jjong, there is just so much to take in. It's so surreal yet perfect. Thank you babe" I replied back and pecked his lips again. Moving forward to cuddle him, arm's wrapped around his neck and my finger's playing with the few small hairs on his neck that wasn't covered by his scarf.

He smiled and tried his best to nuzzle his face in my neck, I inhaled his sweet scent, still reminding me of cookies. I never knew how he could smell so sweet but he does seem to like eating cookies a lot so maybe it's because he ate too many. Everything felt to good to be true, being held by the love of my life while we tour around the city I had always dreamed of visiting.

I felt him pull back and stare into my feline eye's, I found my self melting at the soft, warm loving gaze, his hand coming to caress my soft pale cheek. He chuckled lightly and pecked my button nose, nuzzling his against mine which caused me to crinkle mine up playfully. He cuddled me close to his chest again, I could feel his heart beating under all the layer's that covered his god like body, the soft thumping always sent my heart in to a complete frenzy.

He always told me it was beating for me and only me. He whispered those sweet three words in to my ear, sending a shiver down my spine. He pulled back again as we went under the Golden gate bridge, I looked above, completely lost at the sight of such a well known location. Everything seemed so beautiful in person, seeing these thing's on TV or on the internet didn't do them justice. As we passed under I looked down to see where my lover was, a little confused when he wasn't in front of me like before. I peeked down and had to do a double take. Gasping loudly and slapping a cold and now trembling hand cross my mouth.

"Kibum, I...I forgot what I wanted to say. I love you so much, who knew my favourite listener who brightened my night turned out to be the love of my life. Kim Kibum, would you give me the greatest honour of letting me be your husband and let me love you for eternity baby. W...will you marry me Bummie?" He asked me, his word's sounded so sincere and I could tell he meant every word. His puppy eye's sparkled brightly yet I could tell why he was so nervous now.

A few salty tear drops fell from my eye's, still shocked at the words my lover had just said. In his hand's was a small black velvet box that was opened, a beautiful gold band seated in between two white silky cushions. Two small diamond's sat either side of one big diamond in the centre. It was so beautiful and looked so expensive yet perfect, I nodded my head as my word's got stuck in my throat.

More tears fell as I got down and hugged him tightly, mumbling "Yes" over and over like a  broken record. He pulled me back and used the pad's of his thumb's to wipe away my tears that were streaking my face. Carefully he took the ring and slid it down my finger, seeing a small message engraved on the inside of the band. "Never forget that I love you Bummie. Forever your's - Kim Jonghyun". That small message made my heart bubble up and burst with joy. I smashed my lips against his as some people cheered around us, I tried hard to pour in all my love for the man that had changed my life for the best.

"I love you Jonghyun, I...I really love you so much" I sobbed out as I looked down at my beautiful engagement ring, the diamond's twinkled under the light's from the city. It hadn't sunk yet that he had just proposed to me ans asked me to be his husband.

I have to wonder what I have done to deserve such a loving, caring lover like my Jjong. He really rocked my world and he proposed to me by one of my favourite place's I had always wanted to see. I had absolutely no clue that he was planning to ask me for my hand in marriage but honestly I could not be happier now. I was so excited to think in the future I be Mr. Kim Kibum, Kim Jonghyun's  husband.

Those thought's caused those butterflies to party hard in my stomach. Jonghyun stood up and brought me up and held me close to his chest, cuddling me tightly, placing butterfly kisses on my cheek and forehead. Whispering such sweet words in to my ear and sharing the sweetest, loving pecks. We smiled to each other and his hand's found mine, intertwining our finger's together, his thumb running over the gold band that now surround's my pale, slim finger.

I had to say he really did have good taste in ring's, it suited me perfectly, it wasn't too girly yet it wasn't bland or overly manly. It was perfect and I could never of asked for anything better, he knew me better then I knew my self. I had to giggle slightly to my self, our matching tattoo that I had forgotten about rested against each other.

We both had a star on our wrist and each other's names tattooed in the centre of the star. Jonghyun had even surprised me on my birthday last year by having my name tattooed on the base of his neck in big, bold, black letter's. He recently had a small snake added to it, having it wrapped around the "K" of my name. It looked really pretty actually. I was scared it might be tacky or awful but it suited him so well and it had made me feel so special knowing he had my name tattooed on his god like body for the world to see.

"I love you too Bummie baby, so much. Thank you for saying yes and making me the happiest man alive Kibummie. Can't wait to call you my husband and scream to the world how much I love you" He replied and caressed my cheek again, wiping away the last few stray falling tear drops.

I smiled and pressed my lips against his plump lips I loved to kiss so much. I had never been in love before and to think I had been scared of these feelings and nearly left him yet my heart ruled my head and I am so glad I tuned back in and called him. Never has someone brightened up my life the way he has. He was like my personal ray of sunshine, he gave me reason to wake up, work hard and strive to reach my goals. We continued our boat trip wrapped up in each other's warmth, our hand's remaining glued together, not bothered with few strange gaze's from some of the other couples on board. We still had a few days left in New York and he had promised me he had planned something very special for the last day but he won't tell me yet.

All them years ago, trying to find something to listen to that night, I never would of thought that tuning in to Blue Night and hearing the voice for the first time would one day be my lover, soul mate and husband. I remember being in a daze when he first spoke on the first broad cast, he sounded nervous just like he was when he proposed to me. It's hard to believe the voice I had fallen in love with was now the love of my life and the apple in my eye, I have never been more thankful for tuning in that night and hearing my lover's for the very first time, it had caused me to feel weird feelings for the first time.

Now I know what they mean it was the first signs of love, it made my so happy knowing that he is my one and only love. He still has kept his promise to me and never once has he hurt me. He has only made me happy and thankful to be alive so I can spend each and every day beside him. I am so thankful that I got picked to win that competition, he told me he had chosen me because when he saw my name he swore it was his "Bummie" and wanted to finally meet the boy that had been the light in his dull life.

I had found out he felt the same way I did, we became attracted to each other through the sweet sound's of each other's voice. It was like fate had wanted us to be together and we had been put on this earth to be each other's strength and lover. The DJ had me falling in love the moment he spoke in to the microphone and introduced him self as Kim Jonghyun, 24 from Seoul, the new host of Blue Night. I never knew you could find love on the radio but we seem to be solid proof that you can.

Jonghyun still does Blue Night and every Sunday night he dedicates half an hour of his show to me, playing sweet love songs, singing some new song's he had written about me and sharing sweet stories with his listeners about us. I didn't mind, they were always sweet heart warming stories, his listener's messaging in with support and playful jokes.

Dj JjongD had me falling hard the night I tuned in and I honestly have no regrets listening to his show every single night for the three years before meeting him. Each night he had me falling a little harder, my heart soon only would beat to the soothing sound of his voice. I still visit him every night and Thursday nights he has me as his special guest on his show.

He still buys me hot chocolate to keep warm during the cold seasons and each time I visit, it's just like the day I first met him. The same feeling's would bubble in my stomach. DJ JjongD had me falling in love and little did I know back then but Jjong was falling just as hard for a certain listener that was his source of light, strength and happiness. He had been falling in love with the very special listener he cutely nick named Bummie.


A/N Hello lovelies :3 <3333

Firstly thank you to my 20 Subscribers and my comments already <333 (seriously is my fluff that worthy of reading O.O)

I hope you enjoyed this random piece of fluff XD

I was asked to write about Key falling in love with Jjong on blue night and this is what I could come up with ><

I apologize now if it disappoints or is really bad :/

I know the twist isn't much but I thought ending with Jjong Proposing was kind of extra sweet XD (It was obvious though right ><)

Comment and Subscribe my lovely bunch of cupcakes <333 all comments mean the world to me :D

I will see you all again soon my little pumpkins <3333 ^.^