...

Rain

The gloomy gray and monotonous sound of the rain surrounded slim boy by the window. He hated rain. It reminded him about bad times. Times when he was small, weak and lost everything he had, everything he loved. His fingers traced after a drop that streaked down.  It was the third day of heavy rain, when Tao finally decided to leave his small flat.

 

It was good at some point. Rain hid the smell and there were no much of daredevils who wanted to step into the wall of water. That was way more profitable for lonely wolf. Not like he was weak. Not anymore. Not as a human nor wolf. He managed to live from day to day for all this years, avoiding being killed or even defeated.  After all he was Huang Zitao the great. Wushu fighter and all this crap. But he wasn’t invincible. There were times, when he needed to run bigger and stronger opponents. But he still had some of common sense and knew, when he should retreat. He promised he’ll survive after all. He tried to avoid other lycanthropes in human form at the university and he even changed his wushu school after one way much younger wolf joined class before his.  Even though he wasn’t a loner. He had quite good social life. Few friends, a lot of followers on his instagram. And lycanthrope exception Kumie – really close friend who was in Leeteuk’s pack. He blend into the crowd pretty well.

 

People under the umbrellas were passing him by in a hurry. He speeded a little as the wet drops were soaking in his black t-shirt. He needed to be outside the city to change.  He stopped, when he felt that someone caught his shoulder.

“Tao!” He met with pair of blue eyes.

“Wazzup Kumie?” He wasn’t really surprised. She always could find him in this city, no matter where he went.

“Where are you going?”

“That’s a silly question. Hunt of course.”

“You shouldn’t.” She pressed her lips into a thin line. She was going to give him a lecture. Adorable. Though his brow ticked with slightly irritation. Easy Zitao, you are the bout on the calm sea.

“Stop that or I’ll make you a photo and post it on Instagram!” He laughed eventually. “Don’t worry, I’ll be okay. I always am.”

“You’ve heard oppa! He told you, right? It’s not safe for lonely wolf… Join us.”

Ryeowook caught him not so long time ago on the university and told  him about new badass pack, which was taking what they wanted and fighting for no reason. Those wolves took a bit of Jinki’s territory. He also offered Tao to join their pack but Tao reused as always. And he didn’t change his mind.

“It’s nice of you but as I said I, can’t join you.” Tao sighed, when he saw her face. He took his phone out teasingly. “I said don’t do that.” And he made a photo.

“Taooo!”

“Kumieee!” he imitated her. “Whatever you say, I’m going. I was sitting at home for three damn days.”

“Then I’m coming with you. And we’ll hunt on our territory.”

“Woah, calm down, gurl. No way. Leeteuk is tolerant but not that tolerant. I love you and that’s sweet, but we both know we are different levels. And I’m hunting alone.”

Kumie looked like she wanted to say something. Eventually she just hugged him defeated. “Okay, be careful.”

“I’m always am.”

 

When he finally could, he turned into beautiful black wolf. He’s nor big nor small but slim, lithe and fast . His fur was thick and shiny and now it’s protecting him from the rain and giving some warm. If he could, he’d do a selfie. He'll have to ask Kumie about it one day. He started to run.

 

He knew he had to be careful. Lonely wolf couldn’t have own territory. Okay, not like he couldn’t but there was really small possibility, that he managed to keep it. There was no need to announce every single pack in the forest, that he’s here, all alone, willing to fight. He avoided it all the time, because he knew that if in case of fight, he’d had too much pride to step back. That’s why he never ever let himself strangled into any battle with pack or even a bigger wolf. He had a few scuffle with some lost, lonely omegas, but that’s it.

 

In a speed of the lightning he crossed Leeteuk’s pack territory. They weren’t really aggressive so he found it as a relatively safe path.  When he finally reached no-wolf’s-land he felt, he could relax. It wasn’t the best place for hunt and it was a long distance from Seoul but it was still a small risk.

 

With his nose near the ground he found the weak smell of some animal. He was happy like a puppy, because this territory wasn’t really rich in game. And it was raining. He won’t be hungry this evening. Not a chance. He was marvelous hunter.  Humble one. It didn’t take him long to enjoy a little doe.

 

And it didn’t take him long to understand that he was reckless. The rain  lighten a bit, turning into a drizzle. He just sat in his human form under the tree with his take,  when he felt that. Okay, it was raining. And he has the animal just in front of his nose. But how the hell he didn’t smell four wolves before? Tao growled and turn into wolf just a second before four enemies surrounded him. One golden-brown fur, slightly smaller than him, cute like a puppy – more golden retriever than wolf. One gray, smaller than him but way much muscular. One similar size to Tao but with light brown fur. And one… one with so familiar chocolate brown fur and same eyes, so…

You went to the bad neighborhood, pup.” Cute one snarled. “We don’t like thieves.”

It’s a neutral territory! I have every right to hunt here!

The cutest one changed to his human form. He was pretty. Like a girl, pretty. “Not anymore. New wolves in the town, pup.”

Some time ago Tao'd just laughed the idea, that anyone wanted to go against pack such as Leeteuk’s or Jinki’s. But when he thought about it now, this part of forest bordered with Jinki’s territory too. The one which was attacked by new pack. Should he regret now that he rejected Kumie’s proposition? Just calm down Tao. You’d been worse.

 

I’m not a pup!” He answered childishly. It only made the one laugh.  “And excuse me, aren’t you like seven? You have no right to cal…

Before he noticed, he was under that man, again in wolf’s form, with sharp teeth just an inch from his throat.

Luhan-hyung doesn’t like when someone underestimate him” light brown one chuckled, jumping around them amused.

Luhan! Leave him!” chocolate brown growled. “He didn’t know, he’s on our territory. That’s only stupid pup, who thought he can be smart and hunt without his pack.”

The one called Luhan nibbled his neck and stepped back. He changed back.

“You right Junmyeon. But there’s no reason, that we leave him free. He stole from us. Whose pack do you belong?”

Tao’s eyes widened, when he heard the name. Well there are many people with that name…

I’m not in any pack

“Don’t lie to me, pup. And change when you talk to me.”

So Tao did. He stood in front of him and looked down. “I don’t lie. I’m on my own.”

 

“Heavens, Taozi?” Boy looked at chocolate brown wolf who just transformed.

“Junmyeonnie?” That couldn’t be right. No way. He was dead.

“You two know each other?”

“You are… alive? No… That’s not possible! If you are, that means others…”

“Only me and Minseok…”

“I asked you a question, Junmyeon.”

“Yes, we do, give us two seconds in private please, Luhan”

“Like hell I do. I don’t trust you.”

“Did I gave you a reason to doubted in me for last few years?”

“Wait… You were alive all this years and you haven’t been looking for me?! I was here all, damn time.”

“No, it’s not like that, Taozi…” Junmyeon looked puzzled, like he was wondering what to say. “I… We wanted to, we really did, but we had reasons not to.”

“Oh yeah? And what could it be? I was unnecessary burden?”

“No, no, no… It’s not like that… Please Taozi…” He turned to pretty man. “Please Luhan. I need only moment in private.”

“Okay” Lu snorted. “If you try something, I’ll rip your throat.”

“So like what? I wasn’t good enough to join your new pack?!” Tao interrupted.

“Shhh” Elder tried to calm boy down.

“Don’t you shhsh on me!”

When three wolves moved aside, Junmyeon hissed. “It’s not our new pack. I mean… it is. But it’s not like we wanted to join it. We were forced to. We wanted you to be safe. And others died to protect you.”

“Why?” Tao cried.

“Because it’s elders duty to protect the youngest. And this pack? It’s nothing good.”

“It would be better, than being alone!” He was seriously crying right now.

“It wouldn’t, trust me.” Jun snapped. It all hurt him so much. He barely managed to stop himself from hugging the boy. “You need to run, Taozi. You always were fast. I trust you still are.” He smiled at younger caring and petted his dyed locks.

Tao looked confused and shocked. After a few seconds he manage to split. “What?”

“You have to run. To survive. Before alpha shows. If he finds out about you, it will be too late. And even with Minseok, we won’t protect you.”

“But… this, ee, Luhan? He said…”

“Don’t worry about that. I can handle it. Kris will want you. You slipped through his fingers and he didn’t forget about it. We won’t be able to protect you from him. Please, don’t waste everything our pack did for you.”

“No, no, he’ll hurt you! He’s bigger than you!”

“So act. Like you trick me. Hit me. And then run as fast as you can. Just make it real.”

 

And he did. He turned into a wolf and overrun elder.

“He’s running away!” Junmyeon shouted with voice stifled from fall. But he couldn’t hide proud glistening in his eyes.

That gave Tao only few seconds before Luhan realized what’s going on.

“Sehun, Kai, go get him!” He ordered angrily and rushed to Junmyeon. “Didn’t I tell you, I’ll rip your throat if you try something?!” He sat on him and leaned against. He even didn’t change, just strangling him softly, enjoying redness on Junmyeon’s face. Smaller one fought for his breath.

“Leave him ge.“ They heard Yixing.

“How could he stop him, when he clearly didn’t expect that.” It was Baekhyun voice with a pinch of sarcasm. Junmyeon froze. If they were here, that mean, the others must be nearby. Probably they were worrying what was taking the four of them so long. As he didn’t worry about Sehun and Kai, even Lu, because they wasn’t fast enough, if Yixing or what is worst Yifan joined the fun, Tao had no chance to run away.

“Besides I think, Kris’ll enjoy a little exercise that this blunt pup is willing to offer him.”

At this words Jun’s eyes widened  in fear which gave Luhan much more satisfaction. He took his hand off.  Man started coughing and gasping.

“No, he doesn’t know yet. I wanted to give kid some head start.” Yixing laughed answering for unasked question. “Baek, go for Sehun and Kai. It won’t be fun, when they get in the Kris’ way with their clumsiness.” He looked piercingly on Junmyeon. “Hyung, I think, we should go and tell Kris about it, shouldn’t we?”

 

Tao was running for his life blindly. It was dark, raining and he didn’t know where he exactly was. He hoped he didn’t rushed further into Kris’ pack territory. If he managed to reach Leeteuk’s or even Onew’s part of forest, there was a big chance, they wouldn’t dare to follow him. He heard growls of Sehun and Kai on his tail and he was pretty sure that other voice joined theirs. Could it be Luhan? Tao really hoped he didn’t hurt Junmyeon. Stop that Tao. It’s not the right time. You’re fighting here for your life. But why his life had to be a crap?

 

He felt the strong, breath taking hit from his side. He rolled few meters and brutally stopped on the tree, what winded him completely.  He gasped and tried to pick himself up but heavy path nailed him down. Wolf boy whined.

Stay” the deep, low voice ordered. He couldn’t see his owner.

 

At least you’re still alive, Tao. Just don’t panic. He took a deep breath and used all his force to stand up. Large, three times bigger than he, nut-brown wolf looked really surprised, that Tao actually stood up to him. Boy used that moment to escape. He couldn't give up now, right? After all this sacrifice he couldn't just... lay under the heavy body again?

 

He didn't run even fifty meters before other wolf jumped on his back, rolled  with him few more meters and Tao was pinioned against the ground again. This time, bigger wolf lied on him with full weight. Black one gasped.

I told you to stay down.” Growl sounded amused. If someone saw them now, he would say that it was harmless puppies game. “Your alpha didn't tell you, you should listen to stronger than you?” He almost purred to his ear.

Get out of me!” Tao tried to throw him.

Aren't you full of energy? So rebellious. Someone should teach you obedience. No worries. I'll take care of it.”

Let me go...” Tao wanted sound serious but he only whined. That made other laugh.

You made me run far more than I intended and now you're ordering me? Aren't you a thing? I'd like to meet your pack’s alpha.”

I don't have an alpha anymore" he gasped. Tao finally recognized the voice from his nightmares. "You should known. You killed him.”

Indeed. He was stupid alpha. And apparently he had stupid mates. You should join other. But it wouldn’t really matter. I’d found you anyway. Now change.

You are the stupid one!” Tao struggled trying hard to escape. ”Like hell I do!

Stop fidgeting as you had fleas. Change.” This time, Kris’s teeth  bitted Tao’s neck warningly. Not as strong to pierce his skin but enough to make him pain. He yelped, when jaws tighten on his neck and gave up. He didn’t like pain. Who did?

 

In a second he was human again, the pressure on his neck was gone. But Tao still was in extremely uncomfortable position, with his face in wet forest cover. Wolf was so heavy that  Zitao sighed with relief, when  Kris transformed to human. Yet he still laid on him. At least rain stopped.

“Oh my, you smell so good.” Man sniffed at Tao, what made him shiver. Not in a pleasant way. “Exactly as I remember…”

“Wh-at? S-stop that!”

Yifan’s nose was tracing Tao’s neck, giving him goosebumps.  “You know… that was your smell that led me to your pack back then.” He turned Zitao and nibbled his ear. “So delicious.  It drives me crazy…”

Now he could finally see him. Tall, handsome with bare muscular chest, just in jagged trousers.

“Me…?”

“Yeah… Alpha of yours was stupid. I wanted only you. I was willing to let your pack be. I didn’t want to take over it. At first. But no. So I made them yielded.”

 

Tao froze. No, no, no. That wasn’t right. His friends, family, they were killed because of him?! He’s eyes started to watering. “Because of me…” he whispered. “You killed them because of me.”

“I killed them, because they thought they can go against me.” Kris growled. “He was stupid. I offered them place in my pack. But he rejected both that and telling me, where had you gone. You made fool of me. So he, that and old one, who had apparently the most crap to say? I made an example of them.”

 

Tao was crying. He couldn’t believe that. He was the reason of his family death. “You are a monster.”

“That’s how they call me.” He was sniffing him, like nothing happened. “I speared the wise ones.”

“I can’t believe, that they just gave up.”

“They didn’t. But they didn’t fight either. And Luhan liked Minseok, so I let him have him. Junmyeon didn’t want to leave him. And he’s smart. He knew, he eventually would lead me to you, if he hadn't stayed.”

 

“Why? What’s so special about me?”

“I don’t know. You're just like a in heat.”

“I’m not a !”

“Maybe you should be. Anyway it doesn’t matter. I don’t care.”

Wait, what? That couldn’t be happening. Did his life could turn somehow worse?

“Woah! I do care! I’m not gay!  And I hate you! Don’t you dare touch me.”

“That’s really cute, you think I’m asking you.”

Now Tao was seriously threatened. He tried to escape from heavy body. Yifan just grabbed his wrists and got his arms down above Tao’s head.

“Listen pup. We can do it in a nice way. You may even have some fun of it. And we can do it in a hard way. And trust me, you won’t like it.”

“ you!” he retorted.

“Oh that’s exactly what I’m gonna do.”

 

Step back from him, Yifan” red wolf with bared fangs growled.

“Or what, Minseok? Luhan, you should keep your on a lead.” Kris said to golden wolf, who appeared behind red one.

Oh c’mon. It’s fun, when they trying save him so bad.” He referred also to Junmyeon, who had shown in that moment.

 

Tao decided, he had enough of that. Maybe as a wolf he was weaker but as human he had his wushu. He took Kris by surprise and freed himself. He dashed to Junmyeon and hide behind him. Minseok immediately crossed Yifans way.

“Damn you two. Minseok, you can be strong, even stronger than me, but we both know, when I change into a wolf you don’t have a chance. Even with Junmyeon. So don’t make me change.”

“There is three of us!”

“Shut up, pup. You’ll probably won’t last even two minutes. I’m the alpha. Yield now or you’ll regret it.”

"You won't touch him" Junmyeon growled.

 

"It's your last chance." It was clearly seen that both of them were fighting with instinct to obey alpha. "I don't have patient for that. I'm counting to three. If you won't yield, you'll have to scratch your fur from the trees."

 

Tao gulped. Kris looked serious. And something told him that alpha was able to do it alone.

"One."

"Junmyeon-hyung, maybe..."

"No!"

"Two."

"If he hurt you, I won't be able to escape anyway."

"Be smart and listen to the pup. Three." With that Kris changed into a wolf and rushed straight to Junmyeon. In the same moment Luhan jumped on Minseok, clearing the path for alpha.

 

Thing that none of them excepted was Tao who barricaded way to Junmyeon. Yifan barely managed to brake in front of them.

"Stop. Please. I surrender. Just don't hurt them, okay?"

 

Kris changed again. Tao wondered how confident he must be, if he stood there in human form in front of two, ready to attack wolves.

Alpha smirked. He opened his arms and waited. "So you're not entirely stupid. You shouldn't hide it." Tao clenched his jaw for insult. To prove his intention, he turned to his human form. Junmyeon did the same.

"Taozi no..." Minseok whined from under Luhan.

"It's okay, hyung. I don't want anyone else hurt because of me."

"It's not!" Junmyeon grabbed his arm but Tao shrugged elder's hand.

"It's not like he's gonna kill me." Boy chuckled nervously.

“Indeed. C’mon Tao Tao. I’d be honored to greet you properly in my pack.”

 

*************************************************************

 

A/N :: So that's it! Thank U for reading!!! I really enjoyed writing this story~ A friend told me to do a sequel, kekeke ^^ should I?