Joo Jihyun the Love Coach

Love Coach

 

"Do you think you can hook me up with that guy?"

That was one of the many things Jihyun heard everyday. With a smile, Jihyun nodded. "Of course."

Jihyun was well known in and outside of school because of her title. Both guys and girls admired her knowledge when it comes to love so they always end up going to her whenever they had a question or a favor to ask for. Because she loves to teach people about things that are related to love, people began calling her the "love coach" of Gyeongi High School. Whoever needs help handling love or relationships, she's got all their backs.

"Thank you so much Jihyun! The date was successful thanks to you!" the girl did a 90 degree bow before she happily gave Jihyun a tight hug. "I followed all your advices and they worked! Thank you so much really!"

Jihyun stared at the girl in amazement. She actually followed the ty advice that she gave her?

"You actually followed the ty advice that she gave you?" Ara, Jihyun's best friend, stared at the girl in awe. As if she had read her mind, Ara said the exact same thing that Jihyun was thinking. Jihyun tried to hold in her laughter and received a smack on the back from Ara as a result. She gave Ara a mischievous look and burst into laughter.

The girl, who was now confused, reluctantly nodded. "Yeah why?"

Ara tried to hold in a scoff at the girl's response. "Nothing. Well off you go," she shooed the girl away.

Ara let out an annoyed sigh when the girl finally left. She turned her attention back on Jihyun who was almost dying from laughter. She lightly pushed Jihyun's forehead back with her index finger and mumbling curse words at her. "You really think this is funny?"

Jihyun eagerly nodded. "Extremely."

Ara rolled her eyes and swung her jacket over her shoulders. "I guess that's one down and 5 more to go."

Jihyun nodded. "Yeah, but I just wish they weren't so picky with the guys. It would've made my life so much easier."

"True," Ara chuckled, "I still can't believe that idiot actually listened to you. Who in their right mind would actually do that though? That's kind of ed up man."

Jihyun let out an amused laugh and nodded in agreement. "Well yeah it is in a way. But hey, he was pretty stupid to like her back. They pretty much match each other. Kind of like dumb and dumber? In this case the guy is the dumber one."

Ara burst into laughter at the last sentence. "That's true as well."

Jihyun stuck up her thumb and did a weird pose. "I always speak the truth!" 

As the two of them laughed at each other, they were too busy to notice that a group of boys were following them. 7 boys to be exact. They were bickering among each other as they tried to catch up to the two girls that was in front of them.

"Hey do you feel something strange?" Jihyun quietly whispered to Ara, making sure that the people they were passing by didn't hear them.

Ara's eyes slowly roamed around the area. After a good 10 seconds, Ara shook her head. "No. Are you just imagining things?"

Jihyun shook her head. "I feel like we're being followed," she cautiously whispered. Ara furrowed her eyebrows and looked around once again. This time, she noticed a group of boys hiding behind a building as soon as she made eye contacts with them. 

"Hey dude I think we should run for it," Ara suggested as she quickly looked away, "there's a high chance of creepy and weird looking guys or es following us."

The two of them exchanged looks, nodded, then took off running. Ara is a track star in her school so she was easily able to run somewhere safe but as for Jihyun, well...she wasn't as athletic.

"God damn I'm tired," Jihyun panted after 10 seconds of running. She slowed down her pace and gasp for air. Feeling like she was going to die, she dropped flat on the floor, ignoring the stares from the passerby. "I need to catch up to Ara."

Seeing that Ara was no longer in sight, Jihyun let out an annoyed sigh. "Actually that. I'm going home."

 

"You missed your chance to talk to her!" V scolded as he smacked the back of  Jungkook's head of of frustration. "She was right there! Right there!" he irritatedly pointed at the place where Jihyun was earlier.

"YAAAH!!" Jungkook hissed in pain as he clutched onto his head. "That hurts!"

Jimin rolled his eyes and knocked Jungkook's head, ignoring the cries from the younger. "Your pride is the problem. Why can't you ever just get rid of it?"

Suga nodded in agreement. "Yeah. Apparently talking to girls outside of school hurts your pride huh?"

Jungkook glared at his friends as they continued to insult him. He did admit his pride was usually the problem but what does his pride have to do with anything this time?

"Okay okay I'll talk to her tomorrow. Stop nagging at me yeah?" Jungkook groaned. He pulled out a pocket mirror and fixed the part of his hair that V and Jimin touched. With a satisfied smile, he placed the mirror back into his pocket and began fixing his tie.

His friends rolled their eyes as they watched him fix himself up. School was already over so they didn't even know what was the point of fixing himself up at this time. But then again, Jungkook had an obsession with being "perfect".

 

"I can't believe she just took off when she knows I can't run long distance," Jihyun sulked as she unlocked the door. The moment she got in, she jumped on the sofa and rolled around. She pulled her phone out of her pockets and turned it on.

"50 messages and 20 missed calls," Jihyun read out loud, "well that escalated quickly."

Jihyun let out a tired sigh and tossed her phone over her shoulder. "I just want to go sleep," she mumbled and started dozing off.

 

"What the heck?!" Ara screamed at her phone. She dialed the number over and over and each time she was directed to voicemail. "Damn it where did she go?" Ara let out a sigh and squatted down to rest.

 Ara frowned when a group of boys stood in front of her. There were seven of them and it seemed like they were going to pick a fight with her. "What do you want?" she growled.

Jungkook jumped back in surprise at the tone of her voice. 

"Loser," Jin snickered. Jungjook gave Jin a glare and threatened to hit him by raising his hand. The other boys started laughing at the now embarrassed Jungkook, who was trying really hard to keep his cool. 

"A-anyway, we've been following you around and we're just wondering what happened to the other girl," Jungkook awkwardly cleared his throat when his voice sounded high pitched.

His friend's eyes widened in shock.

"You idiot!" Rapmon hissed and put Jungjook in a headlock. "How can you say that?!"

Ara quickly stood up and took a step back. Something tell her that these boys weren't normal, at all.

"T-that's not what he meant," V tried to give a friendly smile.

"Y-yeah!" J-Hope joined in. "He's just a bit stupid sometimes."

Ara furrowed her eyebrows and suspiciously examined each and every one of them. "Uhhh sure okay?" Ara said unsurely. "But what business do you have with Jihyun?"

Jungjook let out an annoyed sigh and frustratingly ruffled his hair. "Well...I heard that she was pretty good in setting people up and the point is that I need her help...to get my dream girl."