That Photobook_final

Photobook
Please log in to read the full chapter

The strong wind hit against her body but she didn’t move her body instead closed her eyes and felt the wind. Sometime people need a time to thinking about and sometime they need something hard and strong hit them just to wake them up from this cruel reality to feel the fear. But now she just stood almost on the edge of the rooftop only to get her sense back. She thought by stood there she would feel the fear, the scared of the death. This world was too beautiful for her live after that incident.

The people down there seem so small and she can feel how big this world. She took one step again just to feel the fear but it seem no effect. Her will to die was big enough to fear anything.

“Do want to step again or you would jump this time?” someone spoke

She turned her head abruptly only to meet someone who sat on the other edge. He looks so freaking enjoyed the view from the rooftop, his legs hang down from there with some stuff and beverage on his hand.

“You know, this is the best spot that I had known. You can look over the city from this side. Want to try?” he said with the calm tone and expression which make her frowned.

“Who are you, don’t bothering me!” then she stepped back and decided to sit on the other edge.

“Tsk... who, me? Bothering you? Don’t joke. You are the first people who come here after me. I supposed to be here alone as usual. This place was originally mine, you know.”

“Whatever! So, could you just go and lend me this place for a while? I just need this place.” She just wanted to be alone not with this intruder. The silent fill the atmosphere between them. The bird chirp and the leaves friction make a beautiful sound. She enjoyed the view for a moment. The city was indeed beautiful, big buildings here and there but didn’t lose the spring soul, with the cherry blossom was blooming on the other side.

“Eunji!!” she felt people rush to her side.

“Dear, Eunji, please get down honey hmm?” she could feel the heartbroken on her sound. Who wasn’t, when a mother seeing her daughter on the edge of rooftop with that blank looks on her face. She was worried when Eunji wasn’t on her bed this morning. Since that accident Eunji looked down and couldn’t think properly.

###

 

 

It was raining when she woke up. The rain sounds really contemplating. She walked to the side of window, the trace of raindrops was seen there and she stuck out her hand. She enjoy it when the raindrops touching her hand. She likes the rain, when the raindrops fell on the ground and blend with the soil it would smell nice, she thought. She blew an air on the window glass until it become blurry, then wrote and drew something on that. It becomes habit since she was a kid. She was too immersed with the rain until she didn’t realize someone enter her room.

“You like it right?”

“What?”

“The rain, don’t you?” She hummed for the answer until she realized “Who are you? What are you doing here?” She faced him with a questioning look. It was him, the same person who was on the rooftop before. She didn’t know him but why he was here.

“I’m visiting you, don’t you see?”

“Don’t questioning me back.” What a strange people who come in to another room without permission and didn’t give the owner a good answer. But he seems nice up till now because he didn’t cause any harm, not yet. This time she just let him join her watching the rain.

“Oh I need to go back my brother must be waiting. See you Eunji.” with that he storm to the door but stopped for a moment, “Myungsoo...Kim Myungsoo my name”

“Eeh....” Eunji turned to see him but he was fast and disappeared behind the door and let out a big sigh.

###

 

 

This place didn’t look like a hospital, because it has a beautiful park and there she was. She sat on the bench under the big tree that creates a big shadow which covers everything underneath from the sun light. It was spring, the wind blow makes the grass waving a long and emits a whispering sounds. The spring sky was indeed beautiful. It matches with everything, a bright sun shine, green grasses, and the cherry petals which flying and scattering on the ground. The bird chirp mixed with the people’s laughter. Kids was walking and running happily. Though some of them had bandage on their hand or head and should walk with the stretch or using wheelchair. The smile that she didn’t have right now, how could they smiled like that, how beautiful their live, she thought.

She decided to leave the place. The IV tube still placed on her left hand, she walked blankly not knowing her surroundings.

“AAAA....Noona watch out!” it was too late she just stood there still with blank expressions watching a boy come toward her.

“Are you ok? Did you hurt somewhere? Do you feel any pain?” she could hear clearly that people begin to crowd around. Finally, she managed to stand up after she fell on the ground. Some nurse began to scold the boy who was played with the wheelchair and told him to apologize. She felt a boy tugging her shirt and looked at her with watery eyes. He bowed and apologized with a sob between his speak. Eunji patted the boy’s head and said that she was okay.

She was about to leave the scene just before Myungsoo grabbed her shoulder and turned her to face him. “Seriously Eunji you are bleeding”

She shrugged his hand from her shoulder. Soon, she felt a fluid run down from her left hand. She stared at her left hand but she didn’t feel anything. The IV was detached from her hands and lying on the ground. Soon a nurse took Eunji to get a treatment on her room. She sat on her bed while the nurse cleaning her blood carefully. As usual she didn't complain or utter a single word as if it wasn't hurt.

“Do you feel any pain?” It was the same question that her mother would ask every day, don’t they know that the pain and hurt was something she couldn’t feel anymore. She just smiled to the nurse for an answer. After the nurse gave some treatment and make sure Eunji didn’t have any injuries she left the room.

“Ehhhemmm.....” Myungsoo cleared his throat while walking to the window side only to notified her that he was there. And as expected she didn’t know that he was there all this time.

“What are you doing there, alone on the park?” He looked outside the window.

“What do you expect?” Honestly she didn’t want to argue with someone this time but this Kim’s was so annoying.

“You can call me if you want to going around this place. You know, I knew this place better than anyone. Just like the rooftop, only me knew that place until you came. And the bench ov...v....”

“Stop it!” She cut him off before he finished what he said, “Can you just leave? I need t...o.......”

“Ok, you need to rest.” He cut her off too like she did. “Sorry for disturbing you.” He turned the knob to open the door but before he disappears, without facing her he said something, “I mean it, you can call me if you need anything. Don’t hide over your guiltiness it couldn’t solve anything or turn back the time. I’m just next to your room.”

She felt like he just stabs her right on her heart. After heard that words from someone she didn’t know. She tucked herself under the blanked while the tears falling slowly from her eyes.

###

 

 

“Ajushi... Ajushi... sorry....I am sorry....” Eunji’s body drenched with the sweat. She grabbed the blanket tightly and tried to manage her breath. It was hard to breath. After that incident, almost every day she will wake up like that, wet, because she was cried or drenched of sweat. And she will just come to the rooftop like the other day and let her thought wander around.

It was still early in the morning, the sun hasn’t risen yet and the sky seems to be dark

Please log in to read the full chapter