Final

S H A D O W
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ahh! Stop playing games will you, it’s not even funny” the girl shouted as she clutched the flashlight – with this, being the only source of light in this dark storage room, tighter with her small hands as she trudged through the path with small careful strides. The light from that small source wasn’t even helping her see anything and it was making her shake in fear.

 

It was a small game of dare between these friends and she was unfortunately the one who lost – she who was the most afraid of the dark and no matter how scared she was, it was decided that she had to do the dare. She would have to round this empty warehouse while her friends wait outside for her to finish and she wasn’t even halfway through.

 

She has counted all the aisles she had passed on, just to get her mind out of the fear she was feeling and she somewhat succeeded in doing so, her mind was somehow occupied of the numbers her brain was processing rather than to process fear. She counted 15 aisles and was glad that she was finally at this last corner.

 

She then took another brave step and another until she reached the corner where she has to turn and head on back to where she came from, she was about to take another when she heard a movement just behind her – or so she thought, the warehouse was so quiet that any sound, even from afar would sound as if they were real close. She turned around in shock, she shouldn’t have done that for she knew how scared she already was but she still did, flashing her flashlight at the spot where she thought she has heard of the sound and of course, she had found or seen nothing.

 

She took in a scared breath and managed to sprint off, but stopped dead on her tracks when she heard someone whispering something gibberish. Her mind told her to just ignore it and run off to the door but her body just wouldn’t obey it. It was true how some people say that if you happen to be really scared, you cannot do anything at all, even if you wanted to run or scream as if fear has eaten you alive. So she stood there in shock, did she really heard someone whispering? Or is it her friends talking outside? Maybe it was the wind. She heaved a heavy sigh trying to convince herself that it was anything but that one she had first thought of.

 

She stayed rooted at her position until the whispers had gladly stopped and then she tried running again, she just wanted to be out of here but she knew she still had a long way to go through before she can finally breathe normally.

This time she heard a very distinct laugh coming from inside the warehouse, she was very sure that it came from the inside and she was more than petrified right now. She wanted to cry but it seems like the tears wouldn’t just come out, and she couldn’t move again.

 

The laughing stopped but she heard something else, a sound of someone walking through hard cement, she backed off and felt her back touch the wall the hairs on her skin stood both when her back kissed the cold wall and fear.

 

Her senses suddenly heightened and she then saw something move from the other side of the wall, where she was facing she noticed she in isle number thirteen and was already calculating how to escape-run to the exit door when the shadow started walking – or more like glided, coming to her direction. She closed her eyes and brought her back closer to the wall with her ears covering her ears. She can feel the temperature gradually coming down as she felt the thing come closer to her.

 

Her breathing was jagged when the temperature turned back to normal, the eerie sound of the wind howling stopped as well and only the silence was left. She slowly opened her eyes – one at a time, ever so slowly her eyes fixated on the ground finding her shoes a bit interesting at the moment before finally averting her eyes up – slowly she did, and immediately regretted doing it. She was now looking through bloodshot eyes, its gaze piercing through her she cannot breathe properly as if those eyes were out all the oxygen from her.

 

Tears started stinging her eyes as she then realized that she was staring straight through an entities eyes, she can only see the eyes clearly and its silhouette – as if a shadow with eyes.

 

When she finally can breathe a little better, she decided to close her eyes and wait for this entity to finally leave her be, she decided that once it was gone she’d be running like mad to the exit without sparing any glance back – whatever happens. The moment she closed her eyes, tears started spilling she was crying scared as hell at the moment.

 

She felt the entity move and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter