How to Give Your Childish Male Best Friend Something to Do

The Time Travelers: Hathor

            “And it is Egyptian legend that Cleopatra-” Ara stared at her desk, effectively tuning out her history teacher (and old bat) Mrs. Zhang.  The woman had a habit of speaking without break and Ara had a habit of using her voice as a daydream lullaby.

            Does she EVER stop talking? Ara thought to herself. She looked up and noticed the whole class staring at her, not a sound was made, not even from Mrs. Zhang.

            I guess she does…

            “Well, Ms. Lee?” the old bat spoke again.

            “Eh?” Ara asked confused, tilting her head to the side.  Her best friend and seatmate, Luhan facepalmed and glared at the girl, whispering something she could not understand.

            “Your answer to the question I asked you, Ms. Lee?”

            .

            “I…um…” Ara desperately looked at Luhan, trying to read his lips.

            “Harks the Annie?”

            “Wrong, Ms. Lee!” a hand slammed down on her metal desk and she found herself staring up at a smirking Mrs. Zhang, the bat.  “The correct answer is Marc Antony.  If you had not been daydreaming and paying attention to my class, you would have no need to beg Mr. Lu for help.”  Ara went red as the old woman raged on and her classmates snickered at her.  Luhan also went red and buried his head in his hands.

            “You may finish your daydream in detention after school.”

            Ara sighed as the old woman swiftly turned away and continued on her unending lecture.

 

            “But we were going to hang out at your house today!” exclaimed an angry Kim Minseok, known to nearly everyone but his parents as Xiumin.  “Now, what am I supposed to do on this perfectly good Friday night!  Sit at home and play with the cat droids!” he angrily yelled at Ara.  Luhan snorted as he continued leafing through his holographic copy of Ernest Hemingway’s The Sun Also Rises for the third time of the month.  It was his favorite book by his favorite author.

            “I’m sorry” the girl huffed and rolled her eyes at her older male friend.  “It’s not my fault you only have two friends.”  Luhan burst into full on laughter and Xiumin’s jaw released with an audible pop.

            “Talking like that is not gonna solve my boredom problem” Xiumin complained and clutched onto Ara’s arm, forcing her to look at his big pleading eyes.

            “Why don’t you get an idea from Luhan?” the girl reasoned.  Xiumin scoffed, all Luhan would suggest was reading some old book by a dead guy or reading some book about a dead guy, Ara knew that.

            “It’s not like I wanted to get detention anyway.  If I could, I would already be in my basement, working on whatever “brilliant” idea you’ve come up with, or fixing up that lovely 2006 Chevy suburban I found at the waste heap a month ago.”  Ara’s smile went dreamy as she spoke. 

            She loved working on cars and all of the other old transportation technologies.  Unfortunately, her mother found this as a useless passion, and forbid her from doing so.  Thus, she was forced to work in secrecy.

            “That STILL doesn’t help my boredom” Xiumin whined.

            “I don’t know!” Ara exclaimed.  “Why don’t you ask Aya to let you in, pick one of your damned contraptions, take it home, and make it work?” she shouted at the squishy-cheeked boy.

            “Okay!  Bye guys, see you tomorrow!”

            Ara and Luhan watched open jaw as Xiumin happily took off, skipping down the hallway.

            “And, he’s supposed to be the oldest” Luhan muttered, walking off after his childish friend.

            Ara sighed and started walking off to her own boredom: detention.


Hey Guys!

I hope you liked chapter 1, the action will be coming around chapter 4-5 somewhere in there, possibly chapter 3.

I'll try to update every Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday (Homework willing), so I look foreward to seeing you all on lovely little Wednesday.

Make sure to comment, upvote, and subscribe!