Lost

Lost and Found (Original Edition)

I sat in silence. There's nothing I could really say at the moment.  I feel as if water was suffocating my entity in whole. It was midnight, and it was the public bus indeed, so there was a few people there. I couldn't fathom my meticulous thoughts. They're all over the place. I just can't believe it. I'm a complete fool. I don't know who I am or my purpose. My black jacket is suffocating me. I attempted to straighten my wrinkled, dingy white dress shirt. I quit trying with a jerk. A frustrated huff escaped my lips. I stared my reflection in the mirror. Nothing makes sense to me anymore! 

"What the!" the bus driver shouted. The bus stopped with an erupt halt. I'm tempted to get up, and walk to the front of the bus to tell the guy off. But, swallow the urge. It's not worth it. I sit back against my seat and closed my eyes. My body and my mind is in need of rest. 

The bus stopped at its stop. I got up, and left the bus. My breath was visible. My nose was the first to feel the punishment of the bitter night. I walked down the sidewalk with a conflicted heart. My life has been a lie. I was a walking lie. Why is this happening to me? What did I do in my past life to deserve this? 

I stopped in front of a restaurant. It was half vacant. This was the place I could think to stop at. I entered through the glass double doors, and heard a jingle from the small bells above me. I walked up to the seat that was close to the kitchen. I tooked a seat, and waited. I bent my head. Today is just too much! 

"Are you okay, son?" a strangely nostalgic voice piqued interest in my ears. I looked up, and my breath was instantly gone. It's him! He looked exactly just like the photo! I must've looked like an idiot because he was waving his hand in front of my face. 

"I'm sorry." I apologized. I sighed. He laughed a jolly laugh. It was so familiar. I'm absolutely baffled. This is freaking upsetting. 

"You must have had a rough day. I'll come back." he said adding bizarre comfort. I stiffly nodded in response. This is the first time I've stepped in this establishment, yet it feels so nostalgic. Everything is too nostalgic. This isn't real. Today isn't real. I'm just dreaming a horrible dream. When I wake up, my mother, father, and younger brother will sadistically taunt me on how foolish I am. 

"Hey, are you ready to order?" The man with jolly, nostalgic voice called to me. I look up with almost timid eyes unknown to me. My breath was caught in my throat as I tried to speak. I cleared my throat in discomfort. 

"Soju please."

"Ah, all ready to drink, huh?" 

"Yes." I said lowering my head. I could hear to faint footsteps leave me. I heaved in distress. Who is this man? Before I could go indept into my thoughts, a green soju bottle was placed in front of me with a shot glass. I nodded in thanks. With a heavy hand, I popped open the bottle and pour myself a glass. I needed this burning drink. So, I took a swing. Ah, that's the taste I missed. 

The night passed on like a whisper. I've drunken four bottles of soju, and yet, I'm not drunk. Why does my body refuse to succumb to the euphoric effects? I needed those effects. I will not stand sober tonight or ever in that fact. 

"You're still conscious?!" the man returned. He had an increduous look on his aged face. His voice began to loop in between my ears. I clear my throat and gave the most intelligent answer I could muster. 

"Hell yeah." I said oddly with my lips scrunching upwards. His raised eyebrowns in suspense. I blinked. Oh, now his head is doubling. He chuckled.

"You're quite the drinker son."

"Of course I am!" I gloated with my signature smirk curling against my will. He shook his head at my antic.  

"Oh my, what a force you are," he slipped a comment. I pull my wallet out my suit jacket pocket, "it's on the house." he stopped me. I don't deserve this. Despite what he said, I took an unknown amount of money from my wallet and slapped it on the counter.

"Thank you." I said with the little sanity I had left flowing in my system. I got out my chair and almost slammed to the ground. Pfft, How euphoric this is.  

The frozen air bit at me once again. Snow flakes twinkled to stick to the ground. It was quite empty. Well, it was probarbly one something in the morning. That would be taken in account. So, I took the trail on my right with my feet sloppily walking before me. What am I? I'm not Park Howon. If I'm not Park Howon, then who am I? I'm no one. I don't exist. I wasn't suppose to exist. I'm a waste of existence. I stare up daringly at the cloudy sky. Then, as if a ghost came over my body, I scream. I scream as loud can. I scream with no intention of stopping. I scream until there's nothing left of me. I didn't notice the tears that welled on my face. 

I continue my trail. I wiped my tears. They mean nothing because they are nothing. I walk farther on until I hear something like a boot crushing snow. I turn back to see nothing but a vacant sidewalk and street lights. I sighed. I'm imagining stuff now. So, I walk on. Then, I hear the crushing like sound again. My head flashed behind me. Nothing. What the hell am I hearing? So, again,  I walk faster. I'm really imaging things now. 

It's been ten minutes since the sounds started. It's been ten more minutes since it discontinued. I've sobered up by now because of my sick paranoia. I have no clue to where I'm venturing to but now I really do care. There is so much unfamilarity to this neighbourhood. I could perceive that they were very expensive houses. I know now that I am far from home. 

There it is again. The crunching footsteps are back. I instantly halt. My breath pumped out heavier than it was earlier. My heart begins to beat in my ears. I don't want to turn around to see who's behind me. Slowly, against my will, I turn behind me. 

There was person dressed in all black standing ten feet from me. Looking at the person's stocky built, I can safely assume that it was a man. But what caught my attention was his black baseball cap. In all of the movies in this country, a black baseball cap meant secrecy, but also something else. Death.