Final

Baekhyun, It's Cold Outside

It was Christmas and Baekhyun was very sure that he would spend the eve together with his boyfriend, Chanyeol. He had planned since last month what they would do to enjoy their first Christmas, the thought making Baekhyun smile giddily because, yes, he and Chanyeol are together at last after all the dramas that have been ensued since they met. It’s not like the world had been against them but as all of them know, by all it means Baekhyun and Chanyeol were included, surprisingly, but oh well, yes their friends know that the two are just being their stupid self. Running around circles when all they need is just one step to be away from being single. And since they are being reaaaallly stupid, Jongdae had the urged to just push them up together, risking that one step that they all need. And Baekhyun mentally thanked Jongdae since he’s been a really big help (even though he’s been such a troll all the time) since it’s all worth it.

 

But what Baekhyun don’t understand is that why he and his giant is freezing their off in front of the noraebang place that Suho texted them almost a thousand times (well he’s exaggerating but doesn’t change the point he argued to Chanyeol) instructing them to where they would meet.

 

“Baek, stop pouting. This is a great idea. Look, you’ll get a chance to show them that they’re going to lose in singing and would stop asking for noraebang meetings.” Chanyeol comforted him, flashing a gentle smile while offering his hand to let them inside.

 

Baekhyun huffed, taking Chanyeol’s hand into his, feeling warm to the touch, “Doesn’t change the fact that they would still organize occasions like this.”

 

“You really are disappointed.” Chanyeol looked at him warily, squeezing his hand and Baekhyun thought that he can be used to this, Chanyeol being a sweet giant dobi he is.

 

But he isn’t the type to give easily, his special time with Chanyeol is at stake and somewhat the happily thought of being with the troll of friends isn’t going to change his mind, “Thank you captain obvious.”

 

“I can’t believe you really are that keen to be alone with me”, Chanyeol teased, making Baekhyun’s face turn pink (or pink-ier for that matter since it’s been really cold outside).

 

Grumpy that he is, Baekhyun turned instead to the lady in the lobby, asking where his friends would be. After stating for the umpteenth time what Suho looks like, since the lady insists that there is no room reserved under the name Suho, with Chanyeol snickering in the background, Baekhyun gave up and instead pushed his boyfriend in front in which the giant explains, more clearly, who are they looking for.

 

“I can’t believe Suho is not Suho. Like what, he just christened himself again just to be called Suho? If that it is then I’m going to formally announced that I’m Justin.”

 

His boyfriend laughs, the low sound making Baekhyun heart constricts on itself just because.

 

“Uhm Baek, have you ever heard the word nickname?”

 

Baekhyun turns to his right, following the directions the lady told them, and head straight to the adjoining stairs from the lobby, “I’m pretty sure that Suho is way too far to be associated with Junmyeon. And yes, I know what nickname is. You called me Baek. And that’s you calling me in my nickname.”

 

They continue walking through the quite cramp corridor which was covered by monochromatic paintings drawn skillfully on the walls, “I know, but-”

 

“Junmyeon!”

 

Baekhyun shrieked as a door to his left suddenly opens, revealing Suho- or Junmyeon; to what Baekhyun suddenly discovered, sporting a white cardigan and black jeans that accents his small but slim figure.

 

“Oh hey! You’re here!” Junmyeon greets, enthusiasm lacing his voice. His big smile was apparent and Chanyeol and Baekhyun reciprocate the gesture, ignoring the half- comment; “No, Sherlock. They’re just holograms”, probably by Jongin.

 

“Yeah. The snow’s been falling heavier and you know, traffic.” Chanyeol explains, taking the sweater Baekhyun’s wearing for him to hang together with his own.

 

“I’m glad you came.” Kyungsoo, a man smaller just a centimeter than him greets Baekhyun, hugging him in the process. If Baekhyun would be asked who he anticipates from every reunion they have, Kyungsoo would be on the top of his list, and that’s saying something. Why you may ask, well his Soo is unlikely to be the opposite of him. In everything.

 

He returned the hug and he could feel Kyungsoo smiled, “Still considering on leaving since I just saw Jongin ing a… is that a plant?” he asks breaking the hug and pointedly looked at Jongin whose back is facing them.

 

“I am not ing a plant for chicken’s sake! I’m admiring the view!” Jongin sluggishly denied, getting his point ignored since none of his friends were looking and listening at him, probably disgusted at the thought that a plant has been ually abused.

 

The room was vast enough to fit twelve people together, unlike the corridor which will be impossible to get Minseok, Jongdae and Kyungsoo to simultaneously walk in. The interior is, surprisingly, vivid, taking up the noraebang feeling which matched all their friends’ zeal, talking lively to each other. Baekhyun thought that, well maybe this is a good idea.

 

Almost.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Jongdae! Get your up in here and sing that freaking song you chose!” Luhan half cried, half screamed from the couch that lies at the center of the room. He was practically being squeezed by Jongin and Sehun which were laughing from the sides, enjoying Luhan’s agony.

 

Jongdae, which were, uhm, admiring the plant which Jongin was admiring earlier, turned and scrunched up his face, “NO. I AM NOT SINGING THAT SONG.” He points at the screen with horror in his eyes.

 

“You freaking piece of then why you chose this song.”

 

“I was wondering how would everyone react?” Jongdae innocently answers.

 

Luhan who looks like he’s been quite drunk too, huffs and turned to Sehun, smiling sweetly at him, “Sehunnie, baby. Sing this for me.” He gave Sehun (which were eating while maniacally doing ual expression to Jongin like they’re having a competition)  the mic and when the younger didn’t move to get it, he pushes it to Sehun’s chest which result to Sehun looking like he’s been choked (since he’s been eating chicken) and stabbed to death. Never underestimate a drunken Luhan, he notes. He becomes very manly.

 

“I get this.” Kris interferes.

 

“Huh?!” everyone shouts, including Yixing, who was in the middle of the carpeted floor, faced down, looking like he’s halfway to neverland.

 

Kris, with his face, appeared to be calm even if it was his third bottle of alcohol, “I’m going to hit the high score with my krisus voice. Prepare to be amazed.”

 

“OH MY GOD. NO.” Tao shouted from the side, mortification etched in his strong face. Not only his, but everyone seemed to be mortified just by the thought of Kris singing Justin Bieber’s Baby. But all was wasted, Kris starts fumbling with the mic and his face screams “Say stop or I will use my secret weapon (my jaw- Jongin punned) to destroy you.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And mortification is the understatement of the century.

 

“Thought you’ll always be mine… Mineeeee…..” The last word echoed inside the room, with Kris adding ohs and yeahs for effect (yes he was that ardent to singing that song and the chance has been taken up) together with closed eyes.

 

“. I can’t feel my ears.” Jongin wailed, earning a snicker from Sehun who sarcastically answered him with a “Cause you haven’t touched it, idiot.”

 

Tao who can’t even start talking, blinked from what just happened. Everyone seemed to be traumatized, even feeling ashamed because they can’t be the best of friends they want to be with Kris after what transpired.

 

They even feel that they should have written the original singer’s name in the Death Note Sehun had bought when they were in first year college.

 

Baekhyun, who have been the first to get back in place, dramatically waved, “I’m out.”

 

“No!” Jongdae equally- dramatically cried, “You can’t! Chanyeol didn’t even sing!”

 

At the mention of his boyfriend, Baekhyun turned to Chanyeol at the other side of the room. He was sitting beside Kyungsoo who was either shocked, or is that his usual expression? Baekhyun wouldn’t know so he didn’t think further. Chanyeol, maybe sensing that his own lovely boyfriend was looking at him, cocked his head, “I’m good.”

 

“But you didn’t have any plan after this, just staaaay!” Minseok argued, taking Jongdae’s side. Pfft of course, smitten Minseok.

 

After hearing the word plan, Baekhyun inwardly groaned. How he can just forget! He looked at his watched only to be grumpier as he checked the time.

 

2:07 a.m

 

Well, he kinda promised his sister that he would come by after spending time with Chanyeol (which resulted to spending time with his friends).

 

Chanyeol who, again, sensed the panic in Baekhyun’s eyes (yes he was panicking alright, his sister would either back out from their deal in giving him the latest game console or simply kill him on the spot) and swiftly stood up, only to be stopped by Tao, “Oh no. You can’t.”

 

“Baekhyun needs to go to his sister.” Chanyeol plead, looking at Baekhyun who were busy picking up his sweater near the front door. They used Chanyeol’s car to go here so he’s responsible for driving Baekhyun back.

 

“Just one song.” Junmyeon insist, holdin out the mic to Chanyeol, “You can’t leave without having some fun.” Jongin who were quite enjoying the scene, simply laid back from the couch and rests his legs above Yixing’s back. The said man wiggled and mumbled; something in the line of “Suho nooooo.”

 

 Baekhyun finished fumbling with his not to big red sweater and turned to the others, “Guys, I really need to go back. You knew my sister. I don’t know if you’ll gonna see me again after this. My body might be floating in the Han River if ever.” He scurried to Chanyeol, giving him a peck which, as usual, had Jongin muttering Is that what you always get; earning a light slap from Kyungsoo, “Channie, you can stay. I got this.” With that, he heads through the door, stopping when he feels Kyuungsoo’s hand on his arm.

 

“Won’t you stay a little bit? Just a teeny tiny bit?” Kyungsoo cutely emphasize with his thumb and index fingers.

 

Baekhyun shook his head, as much as he wants to, even a little longer contrary to what he wants earlier, he sadly declined to Kyungsoo’s offer. “Soo, I really can’t stay-”

 

“But baby its cold outside.”

 

With that, Baekhyun cocked his head to the side and stared at Chanyeol, who is clutching the mic near his face. Did he just-? No, it can’t be, but…”

 

“Channie, I’ve got to go away.” He slowly chimed, careful to his words ‘cause he might be considering this wrong. He wouldn’t know if Chanyeol just coincidentally utters it, since the giant is a mess when being pressured by their friends.

 

Chanyeol smiled, grateful that Baekhyun is slowly inching closer to him, “But baby, its cold outside…”

 

The room grew awfully quiet, well, not really since Yixing’s soft snore where breaking it. Seriously, who would sleep, or rather, who could sleep in a noraebang place?

 

Baekhyun was eyeing Chanyeol and pretty sure he saw the mischief in his giant eyes, he playfully smiled, “This evening has been-” he mused, adding a little tune to the words.

 

Chanyeol pulled him closer, cutting him off in the process, “Been hoping that you'd drop in.”

 

“So very nice,” Baekhun finished, clearly amused that someone like Chanyeol knew Christmas songs, or rather old Christmas songs. He tried to wiggle out from his boyfriend’s grasp because he suddenly remembered his sister.

 

Instead of breaking his hold on his wiggling boyfriend, Chanyeol held on tighter but not too tight to hurt his Baekhyun. “I'll hold your hands, they're just like ice.”

 

Aside from Yixing soft snores, their friends’ cheers from the background were clearly wiped out from Chanyeol’s hearing because of his constant nervousness. And to be honest, he doesn’t sing so this is another thing that causes for him to panic, thinking that maybe Baekhyun would laugh after him reciting songs instead of singing them.

 

“My mother will start to worry-” which probably wasn’t true since his mother where all smiles when Chanyeol asked to take Baekhyun out, even saying that he could spend the night in Chanyeol’s with a wink (and him apologizing to Chanyeol since his mother is being impossible). And truthfully, Baekhyun’s more worried to his sister.

 

His giant sang a little lightly, showing his dimple smile to Baekhyun, “Beautiful, what's your hurry?”

 

Through the vast of the room, Baekhyun can hear the snort coming from Jongin, or is that Jongdae? Baekhyun couldn’t careless, his giant cutely called him beautiful, which was funny since Chanyeol knew that he hates being called like that just because.

 

“And father will be pacing the floor,” he sang, rather awkwardly since his parents were divorced.

 

“Listen to that fireplace roar.”

 

Funny enough, no fireplace where sited in the room. Chanyeol searched for some fireplace related things, turning his head everywhere but didn’t find one. Instead, he pointed to the karaoke screen with Katy Perry’s Roar, making everyone laughs (still, aside from Yixing) because, really? Roar?

 

“So really I'd better scurry,” Baekhyun smiled bashfully, reaching for the door when Chanyeol unconsciously let go of his hand.

 

As soon as he grab the doorknob, Chanyeol reached again for his hand, gently turning him around, “Beautiful, please don't hurry.”

 

He stood straight and crossed his arms, eyeing his giant boyfriend with hilarity, “Maybe just a half a drink more…”

 

Chanyeol abruptly take a step back, trying to think where he should get something to liven up the song, “Put some music on while I pour.”

 

“This is hilarious.” Kyungsoo commented from the sofa, sitting beside Jongin who’s still squishing Luhan in the middle with the help of Sehun from the other side. Junmyeon nods, joining Yixing on the floor though not planning on sleeping, not yet. Not when Chanyeol where practically (and comically) looking for a drink that weren’t spiked with alcohol.

 

“Here,” Jongdae mused, handing Chanyeol two glass of somewhat suspicious drinks. Seriously, it’s green. And it’s from Jongdae.

 

Even though he doubts Jongdae’s drink, Chanyeol took it and handed the other one to Baekhyun.

 

“The neighbors might think,” Baekhyun eyed Jongdae before taking a sip.

 

“Baby, it’s bad out there.”

 

Baekhyun made a face. “Say, what's in this drink?”

 

“No cabs to be had out there.” Chanyeol ignored the remarked from his boyfriend and still chose to taste the green drink. His face suddenly scrunched up and glared at Jongdae, “What the is this?”

 

“Language!” Kyungsoo reprimanded, slapping Kris shoulders who is laughing nonstop to this somewhat skit.

 

“That, my friend, is a drink.” Jongdae replied, trying to make a straight face.

 

“I’m giving you five seconds to answer me seriously.”

 

“Seriously?” Jongdae mused.

 

“Five. Four-”

 

“That’s a tea! Have you tried one?”Jongdae jumps from his seat to join Tao from the back of the room.

 

“Who the f-”

 

“If I heard another f word from you, Chanyeol, I’m swear I’m gonna hit you with Tao’s wushu stick!”

 

Amused, Jongin butted; “I never knew you’re this , Soo.”

 

Kyungsoo ignored the side comment and stood up from his seat to reach for Tao’s stick.

 

“I mean,” Chanyeol retorted, “who would bring a tea in noraebang?”

 

“Hey! At least you’ve got your drink!”

 

“Ugh. These people.”

 

“Did you just say ugh?” Kris comments.

 

They looked at Kris, clearly lost, “Seriously, who would have said ugh in real life. It’s just a sound, not really a word.”

 

Baekhyun, who is less thrilled with Kris’ statement continued, “I wish I knew how...”

 

“Your eyes are like starlight now.” Chanyeol mused, looking back at him with a soft expression. He grabbed his hand again and playfully tugged, leading Baekhyun to the nearest loveseat.

 

“…to break this spell.” Baekhyun finished, cutely frowning to his boyfriend.

 

“I'll take your hat,” Chanyeol reaches for Baekhyun’s ear muffs and beanie, swiftly taking it with ease since he had long arms, “your hair looks swell.”

 

Baekhyun pouted, he really took time putting those on, “I ought to say no, no, no sir.”

 

“Mind if I move in closer?” his giant boyfriend beckoned, putting the beanie and muffs down the center table. He reached for Baekhyun’s coat and pulled him closer.

 

“At least I'm gonna say that I tried…” Baekhyun nearly whispered, the intensity between them was quite building up.

 

“What's the sense in hurting my pride?”

 

“I really can’t stay…” Baekhyun softly touched Chanyeol’s cheek; carefully tucking some lost fringes behind the latter’s ears.

 

Chanyeol leaned into the touch, “Baby don't hold out.”

 

“Oh, but it's cold outside…”

 

Chanyeol frowned when he heard the finality it Baekhyun’s voice. The latter grabbed the earmuffs and beanie, putting it back in place. The room roamed with protest, saying that the song’s not yet finished and being a party pooper.

 

He heaved a sigh, “I’ll give you a ride.”

 

“No. I’ll live.” He said, stopping Chanyeol from taking his own coat, “Channie, I want to stay. Really. Contrary to earlier,” Baekhyun soothed, “But sis is expecting me.”

 

Chanyeol gave him a grumpy look, “Okay. But I want a kiss. Right now.”

 

Everyone shouted, some were protests, others are not. Even Yixing (who was nudged by Junmyeon) booed, shouting Get a room!

 

Baekhyun blushed, making Chanyeol smile with glee. He walked in front of his giant, reaching up on tip toes because damn, he’s really tall. Baekhyun planned on giving him just a quick kiss but Chanyeol knew better, he grabbed Baekhyun’s neck and pulled him closer, if they could get any more close, making the kiss last long.

When Chanyeol let go, Baekhyun looks like a mess, blushing furiously and spluttering nonsense protests like not in front of everyone! or I hate you giant!

 

“You’re so beautiful. And cute, especially when you blushed,” Chanyeol whispered, locking up the missed button on Baekhyun’s coat. And then again, this made Baekhyun’s stuttering comments.

 

He then reached for his bag, “Put this on,” Chanyeol gave a woven scarf to his beet red boyfriend, “cause baby, it’s cold outside.” He sang, sending Baekhyun off with a wink.

 

 

 

 

AN.

holy potato. I don't know know what I just did. *hides*

It's 1am and listening to Ariana Grande's Problem while typing. I don't know what have gotten into me.

Anyway, I am really thankful to all of you who read this until the end (lemme hug you!).

Everything is so random and the song's not finished but hey, Baek is on a hurry! :D *blame the sis*

I would love you if you'll comment, subs and vote!

with love and potatoes, Eureureongi.

 

if you're wondering what the place looks like:

karaoke place photo: KARAOKE karaoke-room.jpg