Sequel - Say Hi

Suits

Say Hi - Sequel

 

Jong Dae stood in front of his full length mirror and checked his attire again. He turned around to face the smiling Yi Xing and asked for the nth time, "Are you sure i look okay?"

Yi Xing's smile seemed to get even brighter as he tried not to laugh. "Yes."

Jong Dae wiped the imaginary speck of dust off his shoulder as he inspected his hair in the mirror. "Alright, get the car."

At a young age of 25, Jong Dae has already made his way up to the top of the company. The company is a food company and often they have new ideas for food. With the new ideas, the company needs to advertise and market it well for it to sell well. And sometimes, the Kimchen group relies on advertising companies to sell their products for them. And that day, Jong Dae was going for an important meeting with an advertising company. It was the KMS group. And their representative they sent was none other than Kim Xiu Min.

"You never got over him, did you?" Yi Xing asked with a smile on his face.

"How dare a lowly butler like you speak to me about my relationships?" Jong Dae joked and lightly punched Yi Xing in the shoulder. "See you later." 

Jong Dae moved out of the Kim's estate as soon as he could. He brought along only Yi Xing and a chauffer. It was not like he hated his family, but he just hated having to live in such a large space with so many people. He wanted a more private life and he got it.

 

Jong Dae walked briskly into the office building, his suit a perfect cut and his trained expression, stern. Everything about him, from the car he arrived in to his aura, screamed BOSS. He would nod firmly to his co-workers. But his facade of a stern man disappeared the moment he shut his office door behind him. He puffed up his cheeks and instantly looked 18 again. He walked to his desk and sat down, careful not to crumple his suit. He prepared the necessary documents and slid them into clear folders. He walked to the full length window of the 48 storey high building and leaned his forehead on the cool glass, looking down at the streets.

"Good Morning!" He sighed, trying to find a perfect greeting. "No, too cheerful.

"'Morning. Too casual.

"Its been awhile.

"Hi i missed you

"Why didn't you contact me

"Remember me? Kim Jong Dae?

"How are you doing?

"Where have you been?"

 

"Hello." Jong Dae offered his hand to the older man and their handshake was firm.

"Good morning." Xiu Min greeted.

"Coffee?"

"Yes please." 

Their interaction was awkward and Jong Dae's secretary could feel it in the air.

"I'll get the coffee." She interrupted as Jong Dae started to stand.

"Thanks. He likes it with 2 cubes of sugar and milk." She nodded and left the office.

Xiu Min arched his eyebrow at Jong Dae, "You still remember. It has been 7 years."

"Of course." You are all i've got in my mind, he completed, silently.

Their conversation was interrupted again when the secretary entered the office and placed the cups in front of the two men.

Jong Dae lifted the cup to his lips to take a sip when he heard metal clinking against glass. He looked up from his coffee, to have his heart break into a million pieces. For the man that he had loved for the past 7 years was no longer able to reciprocate his feelings.

He revealed no emotion when he noticed the gold band that gleamed dully on Xiu Min's ring finger. It was simple and it was so Xiu Min.

Jong Dae pushed aside his pain and jealously as they carried out the meeting for the next hour or so.

 

"Alright, i'll email the proposal over to your company. Please place your seal here." The secretary pointed to the bottom on the page and Xiu Min took out Xi Min's seal and carefully pressed it onto the pafe, staining it.

"I'll take my leave now." She stood up and swiftly left the office.

 The moment she stepped out, Jong Dae loosened his stern act and sunk into the moutain of illows on the couch.

"Well, i'll leave too " Xiu Min stood up and bowed slightly to Jong Dae before turning on his heels.

Just as he was about to reach out to the doorknob, he was tugged backwards and into the strong, broad, chest of Jong Dae.

"Its been awhile since we saw each other, why not take some time to catch up?" 

Xiu Min tried to leave Jong Dae's grip as gently as possible, not wanting to hurt the younger's feelings.

Jong Dae chuckled, "Doesn't this feel strangely familiar? Like the first time we met and your wig dropped out?"

Xiu Min smiled at the memory but did nothing. He didn't know why he allowed Jong Dae to hold him like that. He didn't know why he didn't retaliate. Perhaps it was because of the guilt that still lingered at the corner of his heart. After all, he had broke the boy's heart.

Or perhaps, this was his way of saying goodbye.

 

Xiu Min held onto Jong Dae's hand around his waist and slowly pried them from his body. He turned around, their hands still connected, as he looked at Jong Dae straight in the eye. Although he was smiling, it was a wry one. His eyes didn't sparkle like they used to. His smile didn't reach his eyes and he look more tired than ever.

Xiu Min froze when Jong Dae slowly leaned over to brush his lips against his. His lips, cold and unmoving, against Jong Dae's warm and gentle ones. Jong Dae kissed Xiu Min so tenderly, so lovingly, Xiu Min felt as if his heart would break. He couldn't comprehend how Jong Dae bore no feelings of anger or hate like he had expected. Jong Dae pulled Xiu Min closer and wrapped an arm around his waist as the other s up his back and to his neck, teasing the soft skin there.

Jong Dae pulled back and broke the kiss only to rest his forehead against Xiu Min's as they shared the same breath. Jong Dae half-lidded eyes, stared down at Xiu Min's plump, red lips and sighed.

"I missed you, Xiu."

Xiu Min could only stay silent. He couldn't say the same to Jong Dae as he would be lying. And Jong Dae didn't deserve to get hurt again.

Jong Dae leaned into Xiu Min again, this time, tongue prodding Xiu Min's lips open. Jong Dae drank in the sweet warm haven behind those lips as the kiss got more heated and heated.

--

Jong Dae sunk into his leather seat and spun it around to face the city. He was finally able to let go of Xiu Min. The resolve and the closure lifted a great weight off his shoulders. He had finally found inner peace and quiet after 7 years.

 

But Xiu Min couldn't say the same for himself. He left the building, lips slightly bruised and face slight flushed. He shook his bangs to cover his eyes. Why didn't he push Jong Dae away? He was a married man for God's sake. Why didn't he feel like he did something to wrong his wife?

Why could he only remember the tear-streaked face of the man that knelt before him, mouth full of him?

Why did he cry? 

Why didn't I say no?

Unanswered questions ran through his head as he thought of the sweet, warm haven that wrapped around him.

He felt nothing for Jong Dae. He was sure about that. 

So, why didn't he say no..?

 

It was probably because that was their official goodbye. For they will see each other no more.

But the betrayal that was evident in Jong Dae's voice, before they parted for good, will haunt Xiu Min for life. For everytime he looks at his wife, he would remember Jong Dae's words - "Say hi to your wife for me."


 

Author's note: Ayy kids. if u were exprcting a happy ending ,u havr obviously yet ti read my other fics. and pls ignore all typos ;-; im really tired. i wrote this fic with like 3h of sleep  so IM SORRY. THERE R SO MANY TYPOS IN MY AN BUY IDEC. eth. Guys #prayformegu. Upvote this fic and love me. HAHA

Megu <3