Suits

Suits

Suits 

 

Kim Jong Dae, aged 18, was about to get engaged.

He stood in his pajamas, bringing a fist to his eyes to rub sleep away. 

"Young Master, you must hurry. The guests will be here in half an hour." Yi Xing, his friend and butler, pushed him into the personal toilet he had in his room. Room is an understatement. It was more of a suite. Jong Dae was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. He has always been well taken care off, but no one would call him spoilt. He was one of the calm-est person one could ever meet and he had a nice face to boot. The only problem Jong Dae had was social interaction. He at it. In school, he has a small circle of friends and they were all very quiet. Once school was out, they would split up and carry on with their own lifes. Jong Dae called them the 'lunch friends'. They naturally sit together at the same table at lunch. And thats about it. 

 

Jong Dae brought the pink toothbrush to his mouth and started brushing slowly. He had 10 minutes to pull himself together before the guests arrived.

"Young Master! You have to go downstairs soon." Yi Xing was starting to freak out and Jong Dae could tell by his voice. Jong Dae grunted in response and quickly rinsed his mouth. He was totally not ready for that day.

He was 18. Who the hell gets engaged at 18? It was one of those days where Jong Dae really disliked being the only son of the Kimchen food group. His father was the CEO and founder of the company and he owed it to one of his oldest friend. To make up to him, Jong Dae's father told his friend that he would want his son to marry into their family. They made a deal.

Jong Dae rushed down to the foyer as soon as he heard the big metal gates of his estate opening. His hair in a mess, tie loose, Jong Dae looked anything but ready. Mrs Kim clucked her tongue as she retied his tie for him. Jong Dae raked his hand through his hair a coupld of times to make sure it looked fine. Mrs Kim eyes crinkled into a smile. "Jong Dae ah, are you nervous?"

He shook his head as he bit on his lower lip.

"I heard she is a beauty."

"How old is she?"

"2 years older than you."

Jong Dae eyes widened. He had to marry someone older than him?! But he couldn't voice out his opinion as the grey haired, balding butlers pulled open the heavy wooden doors.

 

Sunlight spilt into the house, bouncing all over the place and into Jong Dae's eyes. He squinted a little and shifted his position so he wouldn't get the light in his eyes. He observed as his father and his future father-in-law pulled each other into a hug and the ladies of the household all smiles and handshakes. But his fiance was no where to be seen. He tilted his head to take a peek at the car outside. Someone was getting out. He gulped as he hid his face in the shadows of the house again. He bowed to his future in-laws politely, introducing himself when another pair of feet stepped into the house. With his head bowed, Jong Dae noticed how she was wearing black flats that contrasted her pale skin. He straightened his back immediately, lifting his eyes to meet hers.

Mrs Kim was right. She was a beauty.

 

The two families settled into the grand living room of the Kims. The children of the families kept silent as they watched their parents talk. Jong Dae soon found out that his fiance's name was Xi Min and half chinese. She was the oldest daughter of the KMS group and has a twin brother who wasn't free to join them that day. As their parents spoke, he would occasionally sneak a peek at her through his raven black bangs and once, she caught him staring. Her face remained impassive. She reminded him of an ice princess.

After about half an hour or so of small talk, Jong Dae's parents finally remembered that the kids were still there.

"Ah ah.. How forgetful of us. Jong Dae, why don't you bring Xi Min up to your room and have a good chat?"

"Eh?" Jong Dae looked shocked. It was their first time meeting and their parents already want them together in the same room. Alone?

"Go on!" His father shooed him away with a small gesture and turned back to the other family to continue talking.

 

Yi Xing's eyes disappeared into crescents as he opened the door to Jong Dae's room and watched how Jong Dae's limbs were moving so mechanically. He nodded at the young miss of the other family as she entered the room. He left the room to bring them juice.

 

Jong Dae awkwardly invited Xi Min into his room as he moved to the couch like a robot. 

"M-ma-" He didn't get to complete his sentence as Xi Min interrupted.

"First things first, I've a ." She/he lifted her/his skirt high enough for Jong Dae to see what was hidden there. Satisfied with his reaction she/he plonked onto the couch comfortably, leaving Jong Dae standing rooted to the ground, eyes wide, jaw dropped.

"If you want an explanation, sit your down and we'll talk." Just as Jong Dae was about to sit down, Xi Min suddenly sat upright like a lady and arranged her/his skirt. She/he giggled and said "Oh, you're so cute!" Yi Xing walked in. She/he continued the act of a conversation as Yi Xing lifted his brows at Jong Dae and left the room silently. As soon as the door was shut, Xi Min dropped the act and propped her/his feet up on the couch's sidearm.

"Who the hell are you, then?" Jong Dae finally spoke up.

--

Xiu Min was borned in Korea. He had an older twin sister and his mother was chinese. He has always been the quieter one between the twins. Xi Min, on the other hand, was adventurous and wild. Which was why their parents were so eager to marry her off before she hooked up with the wrong guy. But they were too late, of course. 

Xiu Min held his sister in a bear hug at the train station. They had came up with a plan. Or rather, Xi Min was the one who came up with the plan. Xi Min was totally against the engagement. She wanted to leave but she could only do so with Xiu Min's help. Xiu Min, being the nice little young brother, didn't have a choice but to say yes. Xiu Min was to dress and act as Xi Min and ruin the engagement while Xi Min eloped with her current boyfriend. And Xiu Min had to lie to their parents saying that he would be away at camp for a week. It didn't sound like a good plan to Xiu Min but if Xi Min wanted it, he would do it. Anything for his older sister. 

They hugged each other tightly before Xi Min stepped onto the train with a bright smile. He may be sad and unwilling, but she was all smiles and laughter. She could break free from the obligations of the KMS group's heir while Xiu Min's burden was twicefold.

Anything for his older sister.

--

"So, go ahead and break the engagement off now." Xiu Min said, while examining his perfect round nails.

"No can do."

"What? Why?" Xiu Min sat up, hands slammed flat against the table in between them.

"Because." Jong Dae smirked. He may be nice on the outside, but this was the real him that only Yi Xing knows.

"Well, I will call it off." He stood up and his heels to storm out of the room. Jong Dae tried to stop him, he stood up from his seat, hands outstretched to pull him back, but he missed and grabbed his long brown hair instead. At the same time, Yi Xing heard Xiu Min's outburst from outside so he was already opening the door. It was like everything was in slow motion as Xiu Min's brown hair fell to the floor. Xiu Min opened his mouth in a silent scream as he glared at Jong Dae accusingly.

"What the..." Yi Xing started.

"?" Jong Dae completed.

"er." Xiu Min cursed at Jong Dae.

"Pfft." Jong Dae tried to hide his laughter but failed Yi Xing hurriedly shut the door behind him and smacked Jong Dae on the shoulder.

"Don't be rude." He chatised. "Er.. Your hair..?" He bent down to pick up the wig and dusted it off before holding it out to Xiu Min.

Jong Dae doubled over with laughter.

Xiu Min puffed up his cheeks as he snatched the wig from Yi Xing and promptly slid it back in place. He tried to make a graceful exit again but Jong Dae caught his arm before he could even step out of the door.

"Xing." One word and he understood. Yi Xing shut the door quietly and stood in front of it, guarding.

Xiu Min eyed Jong Dae suspiciously. "Let go."

Jong Dae smirked. "You look better with short hair."

"What do you want?" He narrowed his eyes.

"Nothing." Jong Dae grinned. "Just some fun." He arched his eyebrow as he let his eyes trailed down Xiu Min's body. "And unfortunately for you, i'm not straight."

Xiu Min forcefully removed his arm from Jong Dae's grip. "So thats why your parents wanted you to get married young." Xiu Min folded his arms across his chest. "I wonder what your dad would do if the news of the Kimchen group's heir is gay got out."

"I wonder what your parents will do when they hear the news of the KMS group's heir eloping with her boyfriend." Jong Dae arched his eyebrow and Xiu Min shoves him onto the couch.

He stood towering over him and pointed an accusing finger at the younger. 

"Don't you dare."

"Older sister complex." Jong Dae snapped back.

"ing fake goody two shoes." Xiu Min bent down lower and grabbed Jong Dae's collar.

"Cross dresser."

"Gay."

"Camel looking."

"Hamster looking."

They went on in this fashion for awhile, faces getting closer and closer as they challenged each other.

"Disgustingly long eye lashes." Xiu Min observed as he got closer and closer. 

Jong Dae pushed forward, pecking his lips against Xiu Min's. He dropped back down to the couch and pointed to himself.

"Not straight."

Xiu Min blushed all the way up to the tips of his ears. "." He muttered as he rubbed his lips with the back of his hands forcefully, kicking Jong Dae's shin at the same time.

Yi Xing had to stifle his laugh at look away as he saw the two young adults bickering like that. Although Yi Xing was only a few years older, he felt really old when he watched the two. The said two immediately turned and shot daggers at the butler as the stifled laugh travelled to their ears.

"I would offer to get you more juice but i don't want anyone dying in the house." Yi Xing put his hands up in surrender as he shrugged.

Jong Dae sighed and raked a hand through his hair. "Xing, relax. Take a seat." Yi Xing complied and sat beside Jong Dae. 

Xiu Min continued standing, hands on his hip, looking diva as .

"Well?" Xiu Min tapped his feet.

"What?"

"Aren't you going to apologize?"

"For what?"

"I may be 20 but i'm still as pure as a . Was pure anyways. Affer you freaking stained my lips."

"Chill the hell out." Jong Dae motioned for him to sit. Unconciously, he complied. "Since we are already stuck in this engagement thing, lets make the best out of it."

"No."

"Why?"

"Straight." He pointed to his fake s. "Not straight." He pointed to Jong Dae.

"Fair enough." Jong Dae shrugged. "Friends?"

"Foe."

"Date?"

"When?"

Jong Dae smirked. "Well, you see Miss Kim, I may be eighteen but i'm as pure as a . Noona, why don't you bring me around?"

Xiu Min rolled his eyes. He reached into the purse he was carrying and removed a white card. "Just text me this Saturday night and i'll tell you where to meet me."

He stood up and Yi Xing rushed to open the door for him.

--

To: Kim Xiu Min

From: Kim Jong Dae

'Hello!!!!!!'

 

To: Unknown number

From: Kim Xiu Min

'Hi..? You are?'

 

To: Kim Xiu Min

From: Kim Jong Dae

'Your future husband.'

 

To: Brat

From: Kim Xiu Min

' you.'

 

To: Kim Xiu Min

From: Kim Jong Dae

'When?'

 

To: Kim Xiu Min

From: Kim Jong Dae

'I'M KIDDING.'

 

To: Kim Xiu Min

From: Kim Jong Dae

'COME BACK.'

 

To: Kim Xiu Min

From: Kim Jong Dae

'XIU MIN. KIM XIU MIN.'

 

To: Brat

From: Kim Xiu Min

'Stfu. I'm at a meethink.'

 

To: Kim Xiu Min

From: Kim Jong Dae

'MEETHINK.'

 

To: Kim Xiu Min

From: Kim Jong Dae

'HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.'

 

To: Brat

From: Kim Xiu Min

'Stfu. what do u want.'

 

To: Kim Xiu Min

From: Kim Jong Dae

'hold on. Let meethink.'

 

To: Kim Xiu Min

From: Kim Jong Dae

'I'M KIDDING. Our date this Sat?'

 

To: Brat

From: Kim Xiu Min

'No. Bye.'

 

To: Kim Xiu Min

From: Kim Jong Dae

'COME BACK. U PROMISED.'

--

(On Saturday)

 

To: Kim Xiu Min

From: Kim Jong Dae

'Open the door.'

 

To: Brat

From: Kim Xiu Min

'What the ?'

 

To: Kim Xiu Min

From: Kim Jong Dae

'Its Saturday!'

 

To: Brat

From: Kim Xiu Min

'So?'

 

To: Kim Xiu Min

From: Kim Jong Dae

'R u getting old? Its our date.'

 

To: Kim Xiu Min

From: Kim Jong Dae

'LOOK DOWN.'

 

Xiu Min, wide eyed, drew open the curtains and stared down at the boy. He threw open his window and mouthed "Get out!"

Jong Dae shook his head and motioned Xiu Min to get down. Xiu Min flicked him off before drawing the curtains close again. Jong Dae grinned and walked to the main entrance of the grand estate.

The butlers in suits smiled and opened the door upon recognizing the young master. The lady of the house was just showing them what a fine young man their future young master would be.

Jong Dae stepped into the foyer to see Xiu Min rushing down the stairs, wig slightly slanted. He had to hide his laugh behind a cough as he offered his arm to him.

"Your hair is slightly slanted, young miss." He whispered into Xiu Min's ear. Xiu Min blushed to the tip of his ears and he fumbled to arranged his wig. "So, where are we going?"

Xiu Min looked Jong Dae straight into his eyes and clapped thrice.

"Did you just..?"

"Maybe."

--

They refused a ride from the Kim's household and headed to the train station on foot. Once they reached the train station, Xiu Min made a beeline for the handicap cubicle, leaving Jong Dae standing awkwardly in front of it. Xiu Min didn't take long. Probably a few minutes. Before stepping out of the toilet with his black hair styled, and clothes fitting him perfectly. 

He ignored Jong Dae's stare as he made his way to the train station's lockers and deposited his bag of clothes in there.

"Nice ."

"You can't go around saying that to guys!" Xiu Min almost shrieked.

"I can. Not straight, remember?"

"Ugh. Whatever. I'm straight. C'mon, lets go get ice cream."

Jong Dae lagged behind and let Xiu Min lead the way. He had a nice view from there. God, he can't wait to that .

That day, Jong Dae learnt many things about Xiu Min. Xiu Min doesn't like sweet stuff and he only suggested ice cream because he heard that Jong Dae loves ice cream. He was quiet and observant, one can almost forget his existence. Unlike the y, diva character he put up on their first meeting, Xiu Min was actually very calm and resonable. He treated Jong Dae like a younger brother but Jong Dae wanted more than that of course. Ungrateful brat.

By 7pm, they were seated at a booth at the back of the restaurant. It wasn't brightly lit and a candle stood in the middle of the two men. Jong Dae leaned back into the beige leather seat and stretched his legs, invading Xiu Min's personal space. But of course, Xiu Min doesn't say anything and surreptiously shifted his legs away. Jong Dae found it amusing to see the older man in front of his frown as Jong Dae's legs kept intruding his space. Jong Dae allowed his denim-clad legs to rub up Xiu Min's shin, only to have him kick Jong Dae hard in the other leg and death threats thrown at him. The older was clearly uncomfortable and Jong Dae was clearly enjoying it. 

"Yah! Kim Brat! Stop it!"

Jong Dae smirked but complied. He withdrew his legs and stared straight at Xiu Min with smokey eyes. They locked eyes for a long time, sparks flew and the people smudged into the background of their secret world. The sounds were muffled to their ears, the scent of food in the restaurant was the scent of passion in the summer air. Jong Dae thought to himself that if he were to kiss Xiu Min now, he would taste like the coffee he drank earlier. He leaned forward, Xiu Min broke eye contact and looked at the rest of the world. Jong Dae sighed. He raked a hand through his hair, internally telling himself that there would be a next time.

"Say, Xiu Min. Why don't you get engaged to me instead? I can marry someone i like and your sister doesn't have to marry someone she doesn't know. Its a win-win situation."

"I'm the one losing out! No ing way."

"C'mon. Think of your sister."

"No. Not this time."

"And you won't be losing out. I mean," Jong Dae motioned to himself. "This. What more do you need?"

"s. I like s." Xiu Min said nonchalantly as he looked out, to the restaurant."

"I can get a transplant."

Xiu Min's face cringed so bad as he begged Jong Dae not to.

Jong Dae laughed.

"Is this how you act in school? How are you not dead yet?" Xiu Min rolled his eyes and crossed his hands across his chest.

"W-what do you mean?" Jong Dae expertly put on his nerdy character, bony shoulder slumping to make himself look smaller. Back slouched to make him look sloppy. Eye bags more prominent to make him look like he studied the entire night.

"You need help with this split personality thing."

"Thanks. I get that a lot from Yi Xing."

 

Like a gentleman Jong Dae walked Xiu Min-in-disguise back home after dinner. Before they parted at Xiu Min's foyer, Jong Dae grabbed his hand and brought it to his lips.

"Good night, young miss." He said eyes twinkling with laughter. Xiu Min tugged back his hand and with a face of disgust wiped it against his clothes. 

"Bye." Short and curt. Xiu Min turn on his heels and made his way up the stairs, leaving Jong Dae with a good view downstairs.

--

Xiu Min's week was up. He was supposed to back from his 'camp'. But Xi Min wasn't coming back and he can't let anyone know what had happened. He had to act like a girl and a boy at the same time. It was going to be tiring, Xiu Min could feel it in his bones. He already had a hard time handling Xi Min's meetings, what more his own job? He worked in the ideas department and his team consist of only him and his friend, Luhan. 

Xiu Min sat in the ideas department's office with his head on the table. Luhan patted him on the back and asked if everything was alright.

"EVERYTHING IS NOT ALRIGHT." Xiu Min cried. 

"Wanna talk about it?" Luhan asked as he poured them coffee.

Xiu Min studied the younger man. "I need your help."

Luhan arched his brow. "Well, thats a first."

--

Half a month passed in this manner. Xiu Min attending meetings as Xi Min and rushed to change back to Xiu Min, obligatory dates with Jong Dae (parents forced it on them) in his free time and talking to Xi Min on the phone every other night. It was getting tiring and his work was piling up and Xiu Min could feel the exhaustion taking a toll on him. He started coughing and sometimes in the middle of the night experience chest pains. 

One day, in the office with Luhan, Luhan told him to take a break. Xiu Min almost said alright but he remembered the growing pile of work on his table.

"No. I can't. I've got too much work to do."

"Don't be stubborn. This cold of yours is getting worst."

"I can't."

"I don't care. You're going to go home and rest and the work here, i'll complete. You can do Xi Min's work after you've rested."

Xiu Min shook his head as he broke into another fit of coughs.

"At least see a doctor?"

"Later." Xiu Min waved Luhan away as he started his work.

Luhan shook his head, making a mental note to bring Xiu Min to a doctor after work.

--

Jong Dae went on with school as usual, with no idea how much work is piling on Xiu Min's shoulders. He would constantly leave a weird text for Xiu Min without thinking if it would burden him or not. He would try to convince Xiu Min to go on a date and as usual, Xiu min would reject him. One of Xiu Min's worse nights, Jong Dae decided to visit him at his house.

"Ah, Mr Kim," One of the butlers in Xiu Min's house greeted him, eyes crinkling into a smile. "I didn't know you were so close to our young master."

"We're like best friends now." Jong Dae replied in a very bimbotic tone before knocking on Xiu Min's door.

"Come in." Xiu Min called out, voice raspy. He had tissue strewned all over the wooden floor as he typed at the computer furiously. Xiu Min didn't seem to notice that it was Jong Dae who was in the room.

"Yes? How can i help you?"

Jong Dae sighed dramatically and sunk into one of the leather visitor chairs. "Well, you see. I have this problem down south. No one is helping me with it."

Xiu Min looked up at the voice and rolled his eyes before going back to smashing at the keyboard and coughing like crazy.

"Hey, Xiu. Are you alright? You look and sound like ."

"I'm fine." Xiu Min waved him off.

"Have you seen a doctor?"

"Don't need to. Nothing serious."

"You should. I'll bring you to the clinic tomorrow okay?"

"No time. Meetings tomorrow. Work not done yet."

"Can't you get Luhan to help?"

"He has too much work already."

"I can help!"

Xiu Min looked up from his work. "Its boring."

"Anything for you." Jong Dae winked.

"Alright. Here." Xiu Min grabbed a thick file off the table and tossed it to him.

"What am i supposed to do?" Jong Dae asked incredulous.

"Make sure the money tally and read the report by the department head. Check for bull."

"This entire thing is bull!" He exclaimed as he flipped through it.

"I know, right?" Xiu Min said before getting into another fit of coughs.

--

Xiu Min has been hanging out so much with Jong Dae, he barely noticed how touchy Jong Dae is. In the office after school, Jong Dae would choose to sit right next to Xiu Min even though there were so many empty tables in the office. When walking around town, Jong Dae would naturally put his arm around Xiu Min or link arms with him. Jong Dae also has a habit of draping Xiu Min with his own jacket. Not that Xiu Min didn't mind. He just didn't want Jong Dae to catch the cold too.

But of course, people started to comment on the two's relationship. Some assumed they were gay for each other. Some thought it was a sweet brotherhood between the two. Their relationship started to get awkward when their parents stepped in and told Xiu Min and Jong Dae to stay away from each other as they didn't want rumours of the sons being gay to start spreading.

--

Xiu Min's parents at this parenting thing. They have yet to notice that their daughter is missing and that Xiu Min was getting sicker and sicker by the day. It was one of those days where Xiu Min was neck deep in work where he slammed and smashed at the keyboard frustratedly. Things weren't going his way that day. Angry and frustrated, he grabbed his coat and stepped out of the warmth of his house into the cold arms of winter. The moment the air he breathed turn cold, he started hacking away like crazy. Ignoring the coughing, he walked out of the estate, wanting to clear his mind. He walked aimlessly, all the while coughing. It was rather late at night and many shops were closed. It was a wrong night to crave for a cup of good coffee. He didn't know where else had good coffee. He coughed and raked his hand through his hair as he whipped out his phone with the other hand. He called the number he had on speed dial, Luhan.

No answer.

He puffed up his cheeks cutely and decided to head back home. No point staying in the cold if there isn't coffee for him to drink.

The moment he stepped into the warmth of his house, he heard his mother calling for him.

"Xiu Min-ah!"

Xiu Min wanted to reply but broke into another fit of cough. The butler around Xiu Min looked genuinely scared and was about to run over and pat Xiu Min's back but he waved him off.

"I'm home, mother."

"Get dressed and call your sister down. We're going for dinner."

Xiu Min's eyes widened in panic. He muttered curses under his breath as he thought of a plan.

"I don't want to go. I'm sick." He lied -not really- to his mother when he saw her sitting in the living room.

"C'mon. Your parents are finally free for dinner and you don't want to come?"

"Mom. I'm sick. I'm literally sick."

"Run along. We're leaving in 30 minutes. Tell your sister to come down too."

Xiu Min tolled his eyes and ignored her instructions. He poured himself a cup of warm milk and headed up to his room with intentions to complete his work. Half an hour passed and Xiu Min was hacking away at the computer, he didn't notice that his mother walked past his room and was heading to Xi Min's, calling out for her.

"Xi Min! C'mon we have to leave already." She pushed open the unlocked door only to meet the dark and shadows. Frowning, she walked back to Xiu Min's room.

"Xiu Min-ah, have you seen your sister?" 

Xiu Min hid his hesistation and panic very well as he shrugged and said no.

His mother sighed dejectedly and took a seat in one of the leather visitors chair in front of Xiu Min's desk. She was quiet as she watched Xiu Min work and cough but her eyes widened with shock when she saw the title of one document.

"Why are you doing Xi Min's work?" She picked up the document and looked around to see that everything on the table was Xi Min's work.

"She needed help."

"She never needs help Xiu Min. Whats going on?"

Finding no need to lie anymore, Xiu Min said tiredly, "Xi Min ran away from home."

"When?" 

"The day of the engagement."

"Why didn't you stop her?" His mother shrieked.

"ITS XI MIN. HOW THE HELL DO YOU THINK I CAN STOP HER?" He raged and started cough again.

His mother was about to say something else when he interrupted her.

"No. YOU listen. If you actually paid attention, you'd notice that for one, Xi min and I are very different. Xi Min always wear heels. And on the day of the engagement I didn't. Also, Xi Min's hair isn't as long as the wig i wore on the first day." He paused to cough. "And if you bothered, both Xiu Min and Xi Min have been falling sick over the last few weeks but if it is the real Xi Min she would have long gone to the hospital but i didn't because i hate hospitals. Admit it, you as a parent."

Xiu Min grabbed his coat he carelessly hung over his chair previously and slammed out of the house. He walked briskly, trying to shake off the anger. The wind blew, the trees shook, the humans hustled off the sidewalks and Xiu Min's tears took their place. His tears of frustration stained his face as sobs build up in his chest only to come out as choked coughs. Bringing up his fist to his face, he wiped away his tears. Why couldn't his mother understand the pain he had to go through the past month. It wasn't even his fault to begin with. If only they didn't force Xi Min into that stupid engagement and actually notice if their children are fine with it, then this cluster would not have happened.

Frustration took over his anger as he reached for his phone to call his best friend, Luhan. It wasn't there. He facepalmed himself as he remembered that he left his phone charging at home. Sighing, he decided to walk to the other side of town, to Luhan's place.

He walked alone as others walked with their love ones and suddenly he felt so very alone. Last time, he would be walking with Xi Min. The two were inseparable and if one was there, the other would be too. The cold seem to get into his heart as he thought of warm arms around his shoulders and manly colonge drowning his nose as a thick jacket was draped over his shoulders. He rubbed his arms with his palms and he hastened his footsteps, with a single destination in mind. Luhan.

He knocked on the old wooden door of Luhan's house. The building he lived in was old and it looked as if it can break down any moment. Xiu Min waited for awhile more before knocking again. He put his ear onto the wooden door and heard no movements in the apartment. Luhan must be out. The loneliness in Xiu Min never screamed so loud before. Xiu Min buried his face into his coat as he sank down in front of Luhan's door. The smell of piss and booze of the building was getting to him so he stood up and hurried away.

Waves of questions of his existence crashed onto him. No one cared enough to find him. Luhan wasn't there for him. His parents couldn't care less. Xi Min left him alone. And so did Jong Dae. He felt awfully alone as he walked alone in the city lights. It was the first time in his life he had to question his existence. It had always been simy. He just had to don a suit and do the work his father assigns him. His life was already scripted out. He was to work in the company with Xi Min but he can never rise above her in terms of ranks. But he was satisfied with that because he just wanted to see Xi Min happy. Now, he doesn't. He can finally see how selfish Xi Min's actions were. He wouldn't hate her but at that time, he was angry. Xiu Min walked around in the cold aimlessly, hacking away. His cough was getting worse and so was the pain in his chest but he ignored them. He needed to clear his head with the cold air. But it seemed like the heavens were against his wishes as the sky opened and poured down it's tears. 

The first drop of rain hit him square on the crown of his head. He started running.

Instinctively, he ran towards Jong Dae's place.

--

"Young master!" Yi Xing rushed into Jong Dae's room.

"What?" Jong Dae asked irritated as he buried his face in his pillow.

"Young Master Xiu Min is here."

"What?!" Jong Dae repeated in a high pitch as he rushed downstairs to see a drenched Xiu Min wobbling on his feet.

"Xing, get him a fresh set of clothes and bring it to my room."

Yi Xing disappeared in a flash and Jong Dae rushed to help Xiu Min. Jong Dae wanted to call the other butlers for help but his parents had this thing going on where every month, the butlers can take the 3rd weekend off to spend time with their family. And it so happened to be the third weekend. What luck, Jong Dae thought bitterly.

Xiu Min didn't seem to have the energy to walk anymore as he clung onto Jong Dae, cough away weakly.

"God damn it, Xiu. Why haven't you seen the doctor yet?"

"Hate hospitals."

"I'm going to vall the doctor here."

"No!" Xiu Min regained enough energy to widened his eyes and stand up straight. "Kim Jong Dae! Don't you dare."

"Alright alright. Chill out. Lets get you dry first."

"Promise me."

"Yeah yeah. I promise." 

Satisfied, Xiu Min slumped back against Jong Dae's body as he dragged him up the stairs and into his room.

--

"Jong Dae, i think it'll be wise to call the doctor." Yi Xing's face creased with worry. "His fever is really high."

"But i pro-"

"I'm calling the doctor." Yi Xing said firmly and left the room to make the call.

Jong Dae held onto Xiu Min's cold hands, rubbing his against, creating friction to keep them warm.

It didn't take long for the Kim's family doctor to arrive. With his brown leather bag, he rushed to Xiu Min's side.

"Pneunomia. And its very bad. Call the ambulance, he needs to go to the hosipital imediately." He deduced,face grim.

"NO!" Jong Dae shouted. "He hates the hospital."

"Yeah and he would hate it too if he died from pneunomia." Yi Xing said seriously, ignoring the orders Jong Dae shouted, he called the ambulance.

--

"Why didn't you tell us anything?! It is all your fault!" Xiu Min's mother pointed an accusing finger at Jong Dae as she entered the ward.

Jong Dae's mother stood protectively in front of Jong Dae and slapped Xiu Min's mother's finger away. "If anyone is to blame, it is you. If you paid more attention to your children you would have noticed." Jong Dae's mother spat.

The two women bickered as the two heads of the households glared each other down. The atmosphere was tense and the nurses hurried to get out of the ward. Jong Dae sat down by the bed, holding onto Xiu Min's hand when he spoke up, he spoke formly but he didn't shout. "Do you mind? If you want to quarrel, please get out. Xiu Min needs his rest."

"What do you know, spoilt brat." Xiu Min's mother snorted and smacked Jong Dae's arm away. Jong Dae's mother lost it. That was how the two families tore apart and their companies naturally became rivals. Xiu Min and Jong Dae were never to meet again . If they were in the mafia world, it would be a kill on sight case.

As the storm settled down and Xi Min returned to company, she rose through the ranks and eventually baecame the CEO while Xiu Min was still stuck in the ideas department. Jong Dae, too, rose to the top in his company, gaining the respect of his co-workers. All he had to do was to don a suit and a smile and pretend everything was alright while his lonelieness ate him from inside out.

If Yi Xing didn't call the doctor, he would have still been with Xiu Min. Or Xiu Min could have been dead. Jong Dae didn't know what would have been better. 


Author's note: I SWEAR IT WAS BETTER IN MY HEAD. ;-; I've disappointed you, my dear readers. Thank you for the subscribes anyways *^* I'll make it up to you guys in the sequel with some hot action, ok. HAHA IVE ALREADY GOT IT PLANNED. Hoped you enjoyed reading this XiuChen fic and if it just let me know in the comments below~~ 

Please ignore stupid typos ;-;

Megu