Let's Go To The Beach

Lovely Complex

It was a bright and sunny day at the 2PM dorm…

“Turtle!!!” IU called as Taecyeon clung behind her happily. Used to the weight, she continued to look around. “It’s time to eat, where are you? Omo?” Her eyes widened as her cheeks turned pink. Taecyeon chuckled behind her and waved. She took a step back. “W- Wooyoung!!!”

The turtle rested on Wooyoung’s shoulder. With his cheeks turning pink as well, he distracted himself by petting the turtle. “W- What’s with that expression on your face?”

“N- Nothing…” Slipping out of Taecyeon’s grasp, she turned around and started walking.

“Yah! Wait a moment!” He rushed to her side but that quickly turned into a sprint as she started running. “You don’t have to avoid me so obviously. What’s wrong with you?”

She looked back as she kept running. “I’m not avoiding you. Stop following me!”

He watched her run up the stairs to the roof and shut the door behind her. Sighing, he looked at the closed door. “What’s with her… pabo.”


IU sighed as she leaned on the railing of the roof. She looked up at the clear sky. I can’t believe that Tiffany-ssi was who Wooyoung-oppa liked.. It makes me feel awkward and hard for me to face him… She sighed again.


“That pabo is there alone and depressed again…” Junho said with his arms crossed. He leaned against the outside wall of 2PM’s front yard. He looked down on the ground as IU’s shadow can be seen. Chansung crouched beside him, feeling worried for her.

Jun.K placed both hands on his hips as he looked up at her. “That’s not good. What she needs is to go around and loosen up a bit. It seems the impact of the news hit her really hard.”

“Let’s go to the beach!!” Taecyeon came out running, wearing swimming trunks. He waved around a floaty tube with one hand and swimming goggles with another. “It’s summer anyway, so let’s go to the beach!!”


“Thinking more isn’t going to help me…” IU slumped and rested her chin on the railing. She pouted as she released another sigh. “I might as well just concentrate on music more…”

“Annyeong!”

Her eyes widened with shock as Nichkhun’s smiling face appeared right beside her. Stepping away, she placed a hand on her chest. “Nichkhun!”

He handed her a piece of paper. “It seems like you’re having a lot of fun everyday but I have something that I need you to do.”

“What… What’s this?” Taking the paper, she looked at it.

“This is a ‘Beach Tea-House.’ I opened a location at the beach and it opens during every summer.” He smiled brightly. “This year, I want you to come and help, ok? Because you’re my manager.”

She tilted her head. “Jinjja?”


“We’re at the beach!! Ya!” Taecyeon jumped and cheered as he ran ahead from the rest.

Chansung looked at the blue ocean and white sand. “Wow…” he said under his breath, as he admired the beauty of the scenery.

“Heh!” Taecyeon splashed Chansung with water, making him yelp.

“You should change first,” Junho scolded as he watched the two.

“This…” IU’s smile stiffened. “This place is…”

“It’s the ‘Beach Tea-House’!” Nichkhun said brightly as he posed in front of a run-down shack. “Although this place is a bit old, the income here goes to the dorm’s maintenance! Work hard!”

Once Nichkhun left to put some stuff inside, she sighed. “I have to study music, and there’s also the job with Tiffany… I don’t think I can rest this long…”

Slinging an arm around her shoulders, Jun.K smiled. “If you want to study, study during the night. And Nichkhun already talked to Tiffany.”

Nichkhun took IU away from Jun.K and pushed her somewhere. He chirped, “Since we’re not opening until tomorrow, you go have some fun first. The changing room is over there.”

“Ne,” she replied with a nervous laugh. “…Omo?!” A sweat drop formed on her forehead as she walked in and saw Junho, Chansung, Jun.K, and Taecyeon all undressing.

“Byuntae! I’m gonna kill you!” Junho took his sword and gave chase.

“Waaaa~,” she cried while running. “Why did you all have to come? I'm just here because I have to work!”

“We’re here to obviously have fun!” Taecyeon ran next to her and explained calmly as Junho sprinted with rage behind the two.

“Omo-“ IU’s face crashed into something fleshy as she felt two bare arms grab her arms to help steady her. She looked up to see Wooyoung look at her questionably. Both of their cheeks turned pink as they looked at each other. “…omo..” Shaking her head, she ran out of the changing room.

Wooyoung called out to her, “Wait! IU-“

“M- Mianhe!!!”

A sweat drop formed on his forehead, as she disappeared out of sight. Jun.K walked up next to Wooyoung. “What’s with her? She’s weirder than usual.”

Sighing, Wooyoung didn’t say anything as he still looked ahead.


Enjoying the weather, they all decided to relax and play at the beach. IU laid back with relaxation on an inflatable boat, being away from everyone to the point that all the laughter turned into muffled sounds. “I’m floating back and forth like seaweed. How comfortable…” Hearing a sigh and a groan, she flinched, making the boat unsteady. She fell off the boath and resurfaced. Coughing, she regained her composure and used the boat for support. “Phew… That was embarrassing- Omo?” She saw Wooyoung from afar.


Wooyoung sat at a secluded part of the beach, poking the turtle. “Turtle…” He carried the turtle up so that they were face-to-face. “What exactly did she say that night…” He tilted his head. “.. Was it ‘I love you’…..? Although that person’s a pabo… I guess I’d be happy if he said ‘I love you’ to me….." His cheeks slowly turned bright pink, then he ruffled his hair in frustration. "Ahhhhh?! I finally meet with Tiffany-noona again! How come all I can think about is that pabo? Pabo! Pabo!” After calming down, he let out a sigh, “Why is it like this….”


What’s he doing? Not able to hear anything, a sweat drop formed on IU’s forehead as she continued to watch him from afar. She pouted. I think I should go back to how I act normally around him.. but…. his reaction last time when he saw Tiffany… She suddenly remembered seeing how red Wooyoung’s face was and how much he stuttered every time he interacted with Tiffany. Does that mean he’s still in love with Tiffany-ssi? She sighed.

“Manager!” Chansung called out as he waded in the water.

Junho looked at where Chansung was looking at. “IU…”

Manager seems to be tired and depressed… Chansung looked in concern. “Manager…”

After looking at Chansung’s face, Junho decided to call out, “Yah, IU!”

“Bwo?” IU turned around but immediately looked down as there were bubbles in the space in-between her and the two boys. She tilted her head, as the other two looked at the bubbles skeptically as well.

“IU! You’re really unenthusiastic!!!” Taecyeon popped out from underwater with Jun.K behind him, flashing the peace sign.

“Waahh!!” IU screamed, successfully getting scared.

“If you don’t cheer up, we can’t get the energy to play either!!” Jun.K slung an arm around her shoulders.

“C’mon and cheer up!!” Taecyeon went to the other side of her and slung his arm around her shoulders as well.

She started to sink from the weight. “Help!!”

“How come you’re wearing such an ugly swimsuit?” Jun.K asked as she looked at IU’s baggy t-shirt and swim trunks. "No wonder you’re so unenergetic!!”

Taecyeon grabbed onto her shirt. “We can’t have that! You have to change it!!”

Her eyes widened. “Wait!!”

“I’ll help you change it!!!” he cheered as he began to lift the shirt off.

Pulling the shirt down, she tried to fight him off. “Ani!! Stop it!!”

“Wa!!” Junho’s eyes widened as his cheeks turned bright pink. “Don’t let me see anything weird!!!!” Flustered from the sight, he pushed her head underwater.

Once she emerged from the water, she shut her eyes and exploded, “Don’t you think you should stop at some point?!!! Even though we’re at the beach, that’s no excuse for being this excited. I was only thinking about some things so leave me alone!! You're too insensitive and need to think about other people’s feelings… Omo?!” Her voice slowly went quieter as she opened her eyes to reveal a very sad Chansung in front of her with the other guys behind at a somewhat far distance.

“Mianhe manager,” Chansung apologized before he quickly went to land and ran away.

IU yelled in desperation. “I didn’t mean to yell at you!!!”

“Uh-oh,” Taecyeon as he poked at her cheek.

Jun.K poked her other cheek. “You made him sad again.”

“It was your guys’ fault!!!” she snapped back, making the guys run after the sad maknae.

“What's happening?” A sweat drop formed on Wooyoung’s forehead, as he approached the now alone IU.


The four 2PM guys sat around one of the beach tables. Jun.K leaned back on his chair as he stretched both arms to the back of his head. “Ah man, IU still couldn’t get her mind off of all her problems at the beach. This hasn’t been relaxing at all.”

Taecyeon slumped in his seat as he rested his chin on his hand and took a bite of his bingsoo. “IU's no fun.” Chansung sighed, as Junho patted Chansung's back.

“Bwo? Is there something wrong with IU?” Nichkhun came out with more snacks. He pouted. “And we were going to open shop tomorrow too… I hope she’ll be okay by then..”

“Hyung…” Jun.K turned to look back at him. All of a sudden, a sweat drop formed on his forehead. I just realized that Nichkhun-hyung was always away or gone during this whole Tiffany thing that he has no idea what’s going on…

“Hey,” Nichkhun crossed his arms and started to check Junho’s muscular body out. “What if someone ‘sacrifice’ themselves to give IU a boost of energy.”

“What do you mean ‘sacrifice,’ and stop looking at me that way,” Junho snapped. “I’d never do anything like that!”

“Ha ha, I’m just messing with you,” Nichkhun teased while he poked Junho’s cheek. “I just feel left out. So what’s wrong with our IU?”

“Um… I’ll...” They all looked at Chansung who started to speak up. Closing his eyes shut, his cheeks turned bright pink. “I’ll do it!!”

Everyone's eyes widened in shock. Nichkhun quickly went to Chansung’s side and placed both hands on his shoulders. “Chansungie? Seriously?”

“If manager will be her cheerful self, I’ll do it,” Chansung replied earnestly.

Once Nichkhun saw Chansung’s motivation, he couldn’t bare to say he wasn’t serious. Instead, he just nodded.


“Umm, Wooyoung?” IU walked behind him as they both strolled near the ocean.

“What?” he asked, as he continued walking without looking back.

“Umm, uhh… Nevermind.” She looked down and started to fidget with her fingers.

“Nevermind what?” He looked back at her, and his cheeks started to turn pink as he started to remember what he was thinking about earlier. Turning around, he continued to walk. “I’m going.”

“Uhh, umm…” Looking up, she reached out to touch him.

“Hey, IU!”

“Bwo?” The two turned back to see Jun.K running towards them, and IU quickly retracted her hand and hid both hands behind her.

“It’s Chansung! He drowned over there!” Jun.K pointed behind him.

“Bwo?!”


“Chansungie!!” IU and Wooyoung yelled, as they came running to see Chansung lay lifeless near the shore.

Jun.K ran next to IU’s side. “Hurry and give him mouth-to-mouth!”

“Me?!” IU looked at Jun.K incredulously. “Don’t you think it’s better if we ask the lifeguard over there?” She pointed at a man not too far from where they were at.

Jun.K blocked the view of the lifeguard, and shook his head. “It’ll be too late. Just do it!” He pushed IU’s head down towards Chansung’s.

“Omo!” From the sudden turn of events, her cheeks turned pink and she felt flustered.

Chansung’s cheeks turned pink as well, as his heart began to beat fast. Here… She’s here… Relax Chansung, it’s not like this is a real kiss. It’s just mouth-to-mouth!

“Pali!” Jun.K yelled.

“Ne!” IU nodded as she focused all her attention to Chansung. “First secure the aerial passage,” she muttered under her breath as she tilted his chin up. She pinched his nose, and said with determination, “Okay. I’m ready.”

“She knows her CPR,” Jun.K whispered to the rest, as he watched.

Junho nodded as he crossed his arms. “Yeah, she’s good.” Everyone else watched, impressed of their manager.

A sweat drop formed on Chansung’s forehead. This isn’t like a kiss at all?! All of a sudden, he can feel something warm approach his lips. H- Her breath… so… near… His eyes shot open. “Ani, I can’t!”

“Omo?!” He pushed her away so hard that she flew to the water.

“Ah…” He began to get cold sweat. “Gwenchana manager?!” He ran towards her as she floated in the water, motionless from shock.

“So…” A sweat drop formed on Wooyoung’s forehead. “What just happened?”

Jun.K laughed sheepishly.


As the sun began to set, Nichkhun raised a glass. “We can stay at the teahouse for the night, so let’s start the party!” He smiled as he watched everyone clink their glasses. Everyone enjoyed themselves as they sat outside to enjoy the nice weather.

“Hey manager, where’s my pasta?” Jun.K called out.

Taecyeon chimed in, “My fried noodles too!”

IU scrambled to the kitchen. “On it!” As she ran to make the food, she sighed. Aigoo, what a day. Chansung miraculously revived, and it’s still awkward between me and Wooyoung-oppa…

Nichkhun watched IU frantic in the kitchen then looked at Wooyoung quietly eating his food. He audibly sighed, catching Wooyoung’s attention. “Oh no. I have no sauce.”

Wooyoung smiled. “I’ll get it hyung.”

Nichkhun let out a soft chuckle as he watched Wooyoung head to the kitchen.


Wooyoung walked inside the kitchen and made eye contact with IU. Her cheeks turned pink, as she quickly turned away to continue cooking.

He grabbed her hand, making her stop what she was doing and face him. She quickly averted her eyes. “B- Bwo…?”

“Would you stop being so awkward?”

“It’s not like I’m…” After failing to free herself from his grasp, she sighed. “It’s just hard to talk to you.”

His eyebrow twitched. “You’re saying it’s my fault?”

“Ani, not like that…”

He gently pulled her closer to him, and asked softly, “Then what is it?”

“Excuse me…” Chansung popped into the kitchen, making Wooyoung push IU away as if nothing was happening. Chansung didn’t notice as he continued to say, “Manager, I”m really sorry. I did something terrible to you earlier.”

“Gwenchana, Chansungie. Don’t worry.” She smiled to reassure him.

“Jinjja? Ah..” We walked in-between the two, towards the stove. “You’re cooking? I’ll help you.”

“Ah…” As her eyes shifted to Wooyoung, she giggled nervously. “Ne…”

“Will you get the basil, hyung?” Chansung asked.

“Sure,” Wooyoung complied.

“Manager, you’re overcooking this,” he pointed out kindly.

Surprised, she lowered the heat. “Oh, jinjja? Gomawo.”

“You can drop the shrimp in now. Ah! Hyung the pot is overflowing!”


“Here!” After plating the food, Chansung presented the dish with a smile. “Seafood pasta!”

“Omo! That looks delicious!” IU exclaimed.

Wooyoung ruffled Chansung’s hair. “You’re such a  good cook.”

Chansung bashfully rubbed the back of his neck from all the praise.


Wooyoung walked back to the table to serve the food while IU and Chansung stayed to plate more of the food. “You guys seem happier all of a sudden,” Jun.K noted, as he nudged Wooyoung. “Could it be Chansungie?” Resting his chin on his hand, he looked at the two in the kitchen. “Chansung and IU… They’re cute, don’t you think?”

Wooyoung watched the two smile and laugh as they put the finishing touches on the food. It’s true… Even though he’s a sunbae to her they get along just fine. I wonder if Tiffany-noona and I were like that before. He had a small smile on his face. I hope so. It’s an odd feeling though.

He walked back to the kitchen to serve the rest of the food, but he stopped as he saw IU tilting her head and staring at him. “Why are you smiling to yourself?”

“Bwo?!” His eyebrow twitched, as his smile faltered. “I wasn’t!”

“Ahh!” she cried as he pinched her cheeks.


“I guess they’re back to normal,” Nichkhun chuckled as he heard the commotion from outside.

[A/N: What's this?! Some slight Chansung/IU moments going on?!!]