You Get a Phone Call From Amber

Adventures with You, My Lady
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

It is now Saturday, around noon.  You’re hanging around Kevin’s house, eating your favorite type of sandwich.  Kevin is sitting in the living room, watching television.  You hear his cell phone go off, but you don’t think much of it. 

 

______________________________________________________________________________

 

The phone conversation between Amber and Kevin:

 

Kevin picks up his phone and answers, “Hello?”

 

Amber hears a male voice pick up; she figures it’s Kevin.  “Hey, is around?”

 

Kevin asks, “Who is this,” not knowing who it is.

 

Amber tells him that she’s your friend from the party and that she is calling to see if you are okay.

 

Kevin wonders why she would ask such a thing.  “Why?  What do you mean?  Of course she is okay?  Why wouldn’t she be?” he shouts, worried.

 

“Please, don’t yell at me,” Amber says.

 

“How’d you even get this number?” he asks.  None of your “friends” have Kevin’s number, and he knows this.  He wonders how she got a hold of his number and who she really is.

 

“ gave it to me,” she informs him, “I just wanted to check on her.  I’m worried because of what happened last night.”

 

“WHAT HAPPENED LAST NIGHT?” screeches Kevin, getting concerned, “WHO ARE YOU?”

 

“I go to school with .  She knows me.  I’m Am-” Before she can finish her sentence, Kevin yells for you.

 _____________________________________________________________________________

“, get in here!” you hear Kevin shout.

 

            “What?” you ask.

 

“A friend of yours is on the phone.  Why do they have my number?”

 

            “I don’t know. I never gave it to anyone.  I don’t even have any friends that would bother to call me, not really.”

 

            “Well, you better get to the bottom of this and figure out who the hell this is.”  He hands you the phone.

 

“Hello?” you say into the receiver.

 

            “Hey.” The voice says.

 

            “Who is this?” you ask.  You give a shrugging symbol to Kevin.

 

            “What happened to “I’m never gonna forget what you did for me”?” the voice asks.  It is a female voice.  A deep female voice.  Last night… Amber.

 

            “I didn’t forget.  I remember you,” you assure her.  You don’t address her by name.  You try to pretend that you don’t know it.  You don’t want her to think you were thinking about her last night.  But, you did think about her that night.  Why is that? 

            “You forgot my name, didn’t you?” she asks, sounding kind of sad.

 

            “Amber,” you quickly spit out, “I remember.  Uh, how’d you get this number?” How DID she get my brother’s cell number? 

 

            “Did you just wake up or something?” she asks.  Why would she ask that?

 

“No, I’ve been up for a while, why?” you respond.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter