001

Battle Scars

"Do you know her?" They all crowded together as they loudly whisper to one another. She walked by as if she didn't hear anything with headphones over her ears but no music on. Oh Jinhye was always talked about ever since she was in middle school, so high school wasn't anything different as a new start as a freshman.

Within the confused voices spoke a loud and confident voice, "Hey!" A boy said as he stepped out of the crowd and made his approach on her. Oh Jinhye, however, acted as if she didn't hear him and continued to walk at a faster pase. Everything around her made her feel uncomfortab;e and out of place. Even the slightest bit of her own skin bothered her, and she began to pick at the scab on her wrist.

The slightly dark-skin boy finally caught up to her as he stuck his hands in his pockets and stood in front of her, making her stop walking. She didn't lift her head to look at him though. He stood in front of her nervously but however, was able to show her the perfect smile, "Hello, what's your name?" 

Jinhye looked up. She stared into his deep chocolate brown eyes that sparkled like diamonds and then she looked away, "H-hello..." She quietly spoke and slightly bowed in respect then continued her way before being stopped by him once again.

He grabbed her shoulder as her back faced him, "My name is Jongin, Kim Jongin." He introduced himself and gently tugged on her shoulder so that he was able to see her face. She obiediently turned around and looked at him once again, but this time, she kept staring into his eyes. 

Nothing could go wrong with his eyes, thought Jinhye as she continued staring. "I'm Jinhye." 

Jongin smiled again before her wrist caught his attention. His eyes immediately widened and his mouth parted in shock, "Whoa..." He automatically spoke without conscience, "You... You did that?" He asked curiously. 

Oh Jinhye rolled down her sleeves quickly before she shook her head, "No." She replied, "No, I didn't do it." JInhye lied. "I should get going now, Jongin." She looked away from his eyes and then began to jog away from him.

Kim Jongin stood there shocked, but he wasn't scared of her nor was he encouraged to tell anyone. "Jinhye, it looks cool!" He hollared at her, causing her to suddenly stop running away from him. It was the first time ever that anyone was okay with her self-harm. She slowly turned around to see Jongin standing exactly where he was as he kindly let out another one of his perfect smiles as his eyes sparkled even brighter. 

They awkwardly stood a part from each other before Jongin began to walk towards her again as everyone from the crowd started to stare at the two as if they knew each other really well already. 

Jongin's shoulder touched Jinhye's and then she realized that they were the same height. "I'm Jongin." He introduced himself once again as they stood more comfortable by each other, "Everyone here calls me Kai because I really like to dance."

Oh Jinhye nodded and before she could comment on what Kai had said, her phone began to ring. She turned around, facing away from Kai after reading the caller ID. She answered, "Yes, mom?" It was silent for a while between the two but the shouting of her mom was loudly heard from the phone.

Oh Jinhye gradually stepped away from Kai, knowing that he could hear her mom's loud shouting. She began to wipe her face and was only able to speak short words to her mom before she began to shout again. Jinhye hung up in between her mom's yelling and started to walk away.

"Where are you going?" Kai asked as he stared at the back of Jinhye's head. She turned around and he saw her red eyes that had tears in them.

"I have to go." She announced to him. 

Kai pouted slightly, he walked towards her and scribbled something on a piece of scratch paper in his back pocket and handed it to Jinhye his muber, "If you need anything, just call me. Okay?" 

Jinhye nodded and smiled then walked away. Her smile caused Kai's heart to melt and he knew, without realizing, that he needed to protect her from whatever that will ever hurt her, and her wrist.

 

 

 

 

Hello every lovely human being reading this!
This is author-nim, saranghaexoppas and I 
really want to thank everyone for reading!!!
I'm also sorry for the looonnnggggg hold up
and also for the super duper short first chapter.
I will try to improve in the future so please bear
with me now. And once again, thank you all!


Please subscribe, comment, and upvote!
xoxo, 
saranghaexoppas