A Dream Come True

A Dream Come True

 

The trees swayed from side to side as the wind carried their branches. A lone leaf fell and drifted towards a blanket that was settled on the warm summer grass. The two bodies on the blanket looked up at the tree that delivered the leaf while smiling at the beauties Mother Nature gave them this day. A hand found its way to the other sharing the warmth that only her hand could provide. Beauty was all she saw. From her golden hair to her perfect smile. She out shined even the natural beauty that encompassed the two. How could her heart not beat fast? How could she not smile? How could she not be in love? Impossible. She was perfect.

Jessica's eyes shot open, while still blinded by the darkness of the night, she reached over to her phone and checked the time. It was only 3 in the morning. She slept an hour extra this night before awaking from her dreams in a cold sweat. It started a few weeks ago when these dreams started. Jessica would always be dreaming of her.

Jessica sighed before lifting the sheets off of herself before making her way to the kitchen. She carefully opened on of the kitchen cabinets and removed one of the clear glasses that occupied the space. Water soon filled the cup while being filled in the sink. Jessica stared at the water that was in her glass. She wasn't thirsty. She just liked looking at the stillness of the water. Maybe the tranquility of the water could make her heart be calm again. Another sigh came from as she put the glass back on the counter before going back into the bedroom.

The room was still dark so she made her way slowly back to the bed before snuggling under the warm blankets. As she turned to her side, a pair of arms wrapped around her waist, "Did you have another nightmare?" Jessica didn't say anything but just nodded her head while lacing her hands with those of the others. The other occupant placed a kiss on the back of Jessica's neck, "try and get some sleep."

 

Jessica looked up at the clock again. Time wanted to sit still again. If only she could tell the clock what time to be, life would be easier. She just wanted to get out now and head home. It wasn't long until the desired time appeared on the clock and Jessica gathered her papers in preparation to leave. "Headed home?"

Jessica turned towards the familiar face and gave a bright smile, "Yea. I need to get home for dinner."

"Wow you are spoiled. Maybe I should get married too so I could be treated like a princess every night."

"I am just lucky I guess to have her."

"I won't keep you any longer. Tell Hyo I said hi."

"For sure. Night Yoona." Jessica bid the younger girl farewell before grabbing her purse and briefcase to head home.

 

The aroma of freshly cooked pasta filled the home. Jessica made her way to the location of the scent and the creator of the lovely smell, "hey babe" Jessica gave her lover a back hug while burying her face into her hair.

The other person was still busy preparing dinner, “tired from work?"

"Not really. Just want to be here with you."

The other girl finally turned around to face Jessica, "I made your favorite for our date night."

Jessica smiled, "My wifey spoils me too much." She placed a peck on the other girl's lips before backing away so her wife could finish cooking.

"Love makes you do many things."

"Oh Yoona says hi."

The other girl hummed in response while plating up the food. Both girls went to the table and started eating, "So how was it with the new kids?"

"I will get used to them soon. I miss my old students already."

"I am sure they miss you too, but you should be happy that they graduated."

"I am, but we spend so much time together, I am bound to get attached."

Jessica smiled at her wife, "you are such a caring person."

"You are just jealous that I get to meet many people while you see the same old people day in and day out."

"But I like hanging out with the adults while you are busy playing with kids."

"Yea yeah. I know you don't like kids but I do. My job is still more fun."

The two women ate and spent some alone time before heading to bed for rest. Like usual, Jessica was wrapped in her wife's comfortable arms before closing her eyes to get some rest.

Jessica was walking in the familiar park with a hand in hers. It was smaller than the one she held before. She looked down and saw big brown eyes of a small toddler looking up at her. The eyes looked like hers making her heart melt. Another hand intertwined into her free hand with a wide smile on her face. Jessica was with her again. The three walked through the park in silence while the toddler took in all the sights that the two shared in the past. Jessica felt the warmth of being part of a family. Not just any family but her family.

Eyes were open with a coldness on her forehead. Instead of getting out of bed this time she turned her body and looked at the sleeping face of her wife. Her hand went up and caressed the other girl's soft skin. Jessica smiled but faded when a weird feeling filled the pit of her stomach. Her hand retracted while looking at it. Her hand was empty. The dreams always made her think something must be missing although her life was perfect. She loved and was loved by her wife. Was there something more? Could she really be missing something?

 

Jessica convinced herself that these were just dreams so she went back to bed and prepared for another day.

 

It was the weekend so Jessica and her wife decided to go to the park. The two walked through the park in silence. No words needed to be spoken because just the company of the other was enough. After walking a while, the two decided to rest on a bench facing the pond. Jessica looked at the spot she was in with a sense of familiarity. There was no question about it, this was where she spent most of her dreams with her. Jessica faced her wife and thought it might be wrong to be in this spot with her. Like she was cheating on her wife with an imaginary person from her dreams. That sounded ridiculous but that was how Jessica was feeling at that moment.

"Babe did you want to get some ice cream?"

Jessica's wife smiled at her, "We can get some later. I want to sit here a bit longer. It is nice."

Jessica frowned when that plan didn't work. She really wanted to get away from this spot. Just then a familiar voice called them out, "Hyo! Jess! Long time no see!"

Jessica's wife shot up and gave the person a hug, "Tiffany! It has been too long!"

"Nice to see you Tiffany."

Tiffany let go of Hyoyeon and looked at Jessica in disbelief, "You are really just going to stand there and not give me a hug? It has been ages since I last saw you."

Jessica smiled and went to give the girl a hug, "Where have you been since high school?"

"Went to school in America and then traveled for a few years. How about you two?"

Jessica let her wife do the talking, "Jess and I went to the same university. She majored in business and works in a corporate office with Yoona. I became a dance instructor at the university. Oh and we got married two years ago. Sorry we didn't know where you were to invite you to the wedding."

Tiffany just smiled at the two, "No worries. I knew you two would end up together when you both were always stuck to each other in high school. Well I am back in Korea now so give me a call so we can see each other more often.”

Jessica and Hyoyeon bid the other girl good bye before walking around the park again, “wow Tiffany…”

“Yeah. I always wondered about her.”

“I am glad she did well and we have one of our old friends back.”

“Me too,” Jessica smiled at her wife before the two went to get their ice cream. The two ate their ice cream while walking around the town. Hyoyeon spotted an interesting store so she pulled her wife in.

“Babe you know I don’t like stores like these.”

“Aww come on. Let me have a little fun!”

Jessica gave in to her wife’s demands because well she loved her and the other girl loved shops like these, “Fine but I won’t let you buy anything.”

Hyoyeon smiled while she walked around the store touching any objects that caught her attention and smelling anything with a scent. While Jessica walked around the store casually with her arms crossed. Of course there were objects that caught Jessica’s attention but she chose to ignore them. As she walked, she passed the room with the palm reader, “Miss do you want your fortune told?”

Jessica didn’t believe in all this stuff, “sorry I am not interested.”

She was about to walk away when the reader spoke again, “Are you sure you can accept the life you have now when your dreams bring you more joy?”

Jessica stood frozen in her spot before looking at the reader in fear, “you know about my dreams?”

“Life gives us choices. Would you make the same choice again?”

Jessica wanted to ask more but Hyoyeon came up to Jessica, “Okay I am done looking. You want to go?”

Jessica frowned before taking her wife’s hand and left the store.

When the couple arrived home, Jessica felt drained of all of her energy so she went to bed right away. Hyoyeon was concerned about her wife’s odd silence since they left the store but she chose to ignore it because Jessica sometimes acts set seclusive for no reason. When Hyoyeon finished getting ready for bed, she saw her wife already fast asleep. She smiled while looking at Jessica’s serene face when she was sleeping before taking rest beside her.

 

Morning approaches and Jessica felt the heaviness in her eyes telling her that sleep was much better than waking for work. Naturally she groaned knowing she needed to get up but before she did, she hugged the person next to her. Jessica’s eyes widened when she felt the person she was hugging was definitely not Hyoyeon.

The girl rolled over, “morning babe.” Jessica eyed the girl up and knew immediately it was her. At this moment, Jessica didn’t know what to do. How did she get in this situation? She could have sworn it was Hyoyeon who she went to bed with but why did she wake up with her?

The girl beside Jessica felt the girl in her arms remained frozen so she slowly opened her eyes and leaned over to look at her, “babe is something wrong? Nightmare?”

Jessica tried to compose herself and convince herself that this must be just one of her dreams again, “umm nothing. Just tired.”

The girl smiled before hugging Jessica tighter, “then go back to sleep. My princess is always tired.”

Jessica was thinking now that work would make a good escape to figure out her situation, “I want to but I have work.”

“Why would you work on the weekend when you could spend time with me sleeping?”

Jessica leaned over to her phone and saw it was Saturday. She was repeating the weekend again which was a bit weird but again Jessica tried convincing herself that this must be a dream, “oh I forgot.”

The girl next to Jessica buried her head in Jessica’s neck, “let’s just sleep then.” After thinking for a bit, Jessica tried sleeping again, hoping that sleep would maybe wake her up and return to the world she knew with Hyoyeon.

After a few hours, Jessica smelt breakfast cooking. It was french toast, her favorite. Jessica smiled thinking she must have returned to her world because only Hyoyeon knew she loved french toast for breakfast. Jessica slowly got out of bed while ruffling her hair. The smell of a freshly cooked breakfast guided Jessica towards the kitchen to fill her empty stomach.

With her eyes half open, Jessica blindly took a seat at the table waiting to be served, “you made my favorite again?”

“Of course. I love to spoil my princess.” Jessica’s eyes widened when she heard her voice again. Why didn’t she wake from this dream yet? The girl went over and placed the food in front of Jessica who was lost in her own thoughts, “babe are you going to eat?”

Jessica looked at the girl again. She had to admit the girl was very attractive. The girl had milky white skin that glowed in the sun, a baby face that was almost childlike, and stunning brown eyes that made Jessica melt into the warmth they showed towards her. Jessica felt guilty that she felt so attracted to a girl other than Hyoyeon…almost like she was cheating on her wife, but her heart tugged saying forget those thoughts and enjoy your dream with this girl in front of you at this moment. After much contemplating, Jessica decided to play along so she could understand this girl better and maybe figure out why this girl was always appearing in her dreams.

“Nothing wrong. Still waking up I guess…” Jessica then took a bite into her breakfast but stopped chewing when her taste buds exploded. The food was beyond amazing. Everything about the food made her senses go wild.

“Does it not taste good? You usually scarf it down fast but you aren’t eating?”

Jessica saw the girl staring at her intently with worry, “Ah no. It is so good today.” With that comment, Jessica noticed the girl break out into an incredibly adorable smile. Jessica’s cheeks started to burn… was she blushing? All these emotions made Jessica more embarrassed causing her face to heat up even more. It was weird how just one smile could make Jessica feel so flustered, not even Hyoyeon made her this flustered before with just a smile. None of this made sense to Jessica, almost to the point where she felt very lost and scared.

The girl sitting across from Jessica started eating, “since it is out day off is there anything special you want to do?”

Jessica stopped eating for a second and thought of ways to get to know the girl better and their past. “I was thinking, why don’t we go to where we had our first date?”

The girl scrunched her nose cutely again, “I thought you said that was the worst memory of your life… why do you want to go back when you threw a fit the first time?” Jessica slapped herself mentally for picking the wrong choice, but she didn’t member what happened so how was she supposed to get out of this mess? “Babe why don’t we go where we had our first kiss instead? You loved that place.”

“Ah umm that was what I meant? I didn’t really count the other one as our first,” Jessica lied. “By the way, was I that upset with our first date,” Jessica said trying to get the other girl to tell her more about their first date together.

The other girl burst out into laughter, “I thought you would never talk to me again after that! Since then, I knew never to take you anywhere where cucumbers exist. Aren’t you glad I begged you to give me another chance after that?”

Jessica let out a forced laugh. She doesn’t know if she regrets her decision to be with this girl or not but from her dreams, she remembered being very happy with her. They eventually have a child together. There must be love if they decided on a family right? “Of course.”

The girl got up and cleared the dishes, “I will clean up and we can take a shower together.”

Jessica’s eyes widened when she heard ‘shower together.’ She didn’t even know the girl’s name and they were to see each other ? In a hurry, Jessica got up and headed towards the bedroom, “I will go first.” Jessica saw the other girl pouting while she started the on the dishes but Jessica shrugged it off so she could quickly get ready before the other girl came in.

After a nice warm shower, Jessica stepped into the bedroom but almost had a heart attack with the sight she saw. The other girl was topless while changing into new clothes. Jessica knew the girl was attractive but seeing her like this would soon give her a nosebleed so she quickly turned around. “Something wrong babe?” Jessica remained frozen even when she heard the girl coming closer to her. The girl put her arms around Jessica’s waist and pushed their bodies together. At this point, Jessica was sure she was going to faint because her heart was beating erratically. Was she about to have an dream?, she thought. The other girl leaned into Jessica’s ear, “why are you so shy this morning?”

When Jessica felt the girl giving butterfly kisses down her neck she returned to her senses and escaped from the girl’s hold to rush towards the dresser to get changed. Again she saw the other girl pouting but what was Jessica to do? She thought of Hyoyeon and how she shouldn’t be having these feelings even if this, might be a dream. “Lets get changed quickly so we can go.”

The other girl resumed changing, “you’re no fun this morning…”

“Just not in the mood babe.”

“I can tell.” There was disappointment in the other girl’s voice. Jessica could clearly tell the other girl wanted to be intimate with her.

After the girls finished getting ready, Jessica convinced the girl to drive them to the location since Jessica had no idea where they would be going. The two girls were driving for a few hours causing Jessica to fall asleep during most of the drive. When the girls arrived, Jessica was woken up with a gentle shake from the other girl, “we are here.”

Jessica slowly opened her eyes and saw an amazing view near a cliff but her eyes followed the other girl who was heading into the small café near their car. When Jessica walked in she noticed the café was very small but gave off a comfortable and homey feeling. The two took a seat at a table that looked out beyond the cliff showing the bright blue sky with the clouds rolling overhead.

“Two jasmine teas and waffle with ice cream.” The other girl ordered. Jessica smiled when she heard the girl ordering things she liked. The girl clearly knew Jessica well which made Jessica yearn to know more about the girl in front of her. “Do you remember the first time we came here, I was so nervous that I almost spilled our drinks on you?”

Jessica laughed. Of course she didn’t know but picturing the girl being clumsy would be amusing, “why don’t we pretend this is our first date again?” She hoped the girl would play along so she could understand the girl better.

The other girl smiled, “That sounds like fun. First off I would like to apologize to you Jessica for the cucumber incident last time. I hope you can forgive me.”

The girl gave Jessica one of the cutest looks she has ever seen causing her blush and laugh at the same time, “I forgive you…. What is your name again?”

“Aww you are being harsh. How could you forget the one and only Kim Taeyeon?”

Jessica smiled, ‘so her name was Taeyeon…’ she thought. “Why don’t you tell me about yourself Taeyeon?”

“Hamm… well it is 2008 so I am still in my sophomore year of college majoring in business management. I like singing, cute stuffed animals, and am willing to give my whole heart to the girl that captures my heart. I have a strong feeling that this girl’s name is Jessica.”

Jessica was flustered by the girl’s cheesiness, “Oh you sound confident Taeyeon? How can you be sure to capture her heart?”

Taeyeon thought for a while, “because I am adorable?”

Jessica laughed at Taeyeon who was giving her several cute facial expressions. There was no doubt that Jessica found the girl very cute and funny. This girl was a charmer no doubt about that. “So cheeky…”

“What about you Miss Jung? What do you like?”

Jessica thought about why she was doing in 2008. She just started her sophomore year in the university too. At the end of the year her and Hyoyeon became official when Hyoyeon confessed her love towards Jessica but she couldn’t tell Taeyeon that. “I also majored in business with a focus in marketing. It seems like we have similar interests because I like cute things but one thing I despise are cucumbers.”

The other girl laughed, “I will never forget your hatred for cucumbers as long as I live.” The two girls laughed and continued to share their interests until they felt the evening was getting late. “So Jessica should I take you home? It is getting late.”

“Wow the time flys when you are in good company.”

The two drove back towards their home. Taeyeon acted like a gentleman and opened the door for Jessica. The two headed towards the door together, still acting, Taeyeon stopped at the door and looked at Jessica, “I had a good time…I hope you did too. And I hope this makes up for last time.”

“All is forgiven Taeyeon… umm good night.” Jessica thought the acting would stop at this point since Taeyeon had the keys to get into the house but she saw the other girl was keeping up the charade.

Taeyeon started to leave the doorway but turned back towards a confused Jessica, “I wanted to say that I think I have fallen for you Jessica…” In one smooth move, Taeyeon captured Jessica’s lips. Taeyeon’s move happened so fast that Jessica had no time to think. All worries she had about her wife disappeared. She for once acted based off her heart and her heart said to kiss back. Their lips moved in synch, tasting each other’s lips like the first and last time they would be able to with one another. Taeyeon broke the kiss, “I love you Jessica Jung.”

Jessica stared at the girl blankly. After the kiss there was no doubt that Jessica’s heart craved Taeyeon but she knew the girl for one day. One day that seemed to cover a lifetime experiences together. Acting on her heart again, Jessica cupped Taeyeon’s cheeks giving her a deep kiss leading to a heated time in the bedroom that night. Even if this was a dream, Jessica would make the most of time she had with the girl that grabbed onto her heart.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jessica opened her eyes slowly and saw whiteness surrounding her. She looked around and saw she was hooked up to several monitors while Hyoyeon was sleeping in a chair across from the bed she was in. Then it hit her, a sharp pain in her head causing her to groan in pain. The noise Jessica made, made Hyoyeon wake up, “Jess are you okay?”

The first thing Jessica thought was why Hyoyeon didn’t call her wifey? Something was amiss other than the fact that she wasn’t with Taeyeon anymore. “Hyo where am I and what is going on?”

Hyoyeon took a seat on Jessica’s bed, “You have been out for a week since a brick from a building fell on your head while we were walking to class. I thought I lost you!” Hyoyeon started crying into Jessica’s chest.

“Class? What class?”

“I had intro to hip hop and you had accounting. Your class schedule is so boring.” Jessica thought about it and those were the classes they took their sophomore year. A week she was passed out but she had lived 7 years of her life with Hyoyeon. Was the seven years she had with Hyoyeon just a dream? Or was this a dream? What about the time she spent with Taeyeon? With all the confusion, Jessica’s head started to ache again.

 

After a few more days in the hospital, Jessica was released and back home. She agreed to go out with Hyoyeon into the city because she was bored of being locked up in her house. The two walked around for a while until a shop caught Hyoyeon’s eyes, “Jess can we just take a look please?”

Jessica’s eyes bulged when she recognized the place as the one where the creepy fortune teller told her weird stuff. Forgetting about Hyoyeon, Jessica rushed in and looked for the palm reader. When Jessica spotted her she sat down and looked at her intently, “what is going on?”

The palm reader calmly took Jessica’s hand and repeated the same words Jessica heard before, “Life gives us choices. Would you make the same choice again?” When the reader wouldn’t answer Jessica’s questions after saying those words, Jessica stormed out and went back home without giving Hyoyeon any reasons behind her sudden change in mood.

The next day, Jessica’s headaches were not that bad so she went to classes that day. She had one of her business courses in the morning so she walked in near the back in case she fell asleep. She thought Hyoyeon must be right about her classes being boring since she tended to fall asleep during most of her business courses. Class was about to start so Jessica was watching the students quickly make their way into class at the last minute. Just then her heart started to do somersaults when she saw a familiar face walk into the room. It was her….

For once Jessica didn’t fall asleep but had her eyes glued to the girl she recognized. When class ended, Jessica ended up following the girl like a lost puppy. The girl noticed Jessica eyeing her up so she turned and faced Jessica, “Umm did you ah need something from me?”

Jessica didn’t plan on meeting the girl again, “I know we don’t know each other, but ah um we just had class together… can I borrow your notes? I forgot to write some of it down.” Jessica prayed that this lie would work to get closer to the girl.

The girl flashed her that adorable smile again, “I am Kim Taeyeon, it is nice to meet you ah?”

“Jessica! Jessica Jung…”

“You are pretty cute. I will let you borrow my notes if you let me take you out. I know a good farmer’s market near here if you want to come with me?”

Jessica smiled, “I would love that.” With that, Jessica made a choice to follow her dreams with a love that would forever make her feel like she was dreaming the rest of her life because her new reality was too good to be true.

 

~END