Voicemail

Drunken Love

In all his experience, drunken calls are supposed to be funny. They're supposed to be something he can dangle over Taemin's head for the rest of his life, but that's never been the way with Minho and Taemin. Nothing ever goes as it's supposed to, not even when Taemin's too drunk to push in the buttons on his phone. So when Minho picks up the phone the morning after prom to hear the voicemail he'd missed, he never expected what came out.

"Minho? Minho, w-why didn't you pick up? Minho, I miss you~! You went away and I-I don't like it. I wanna tell you stuff but... Minho, why won't you pick up? Minho?" There was the sound of knuckles tapping against the phone. Minho smiled as he sat up in bed, still with his date right next to him, her hair still across her sleeping face. Minho listened as the tapping ended.

"So... I didn't want to go to prom... But I did because you told me to. You *hiccup* told me to so I did, and I... I really h-hated it. I hate... I hate prom. You didn't even talk to me. I th-thought when you told me to go, you were a-asking *hiccup* me, but n-no. You're mean. You're a mean person." Minho frowned as it started going south. He got up and pulled on some pants, moving away as Taemin continued.

"You d-didn't tell me you had a date. I t-told everyone that you were going to take me but no. No, you're a meanie. You made me look like an idiot i-in front of everyone. You *hiccup* always do this. I hate you because I love you a bunch and I should be th-the... ugh..." Minho heard a retching sound and frowned deeply. He didn't even know Taemin drank. Finally, Taemin kept talking, his voice coming from the back of his throat as if he was going to vomit again.

"I've been in love with you forever, you d-dumby, and you just... *hiccup* just act like I don't matter. What am I, huh? Do I get to t-talk? No, y-you shut up and let me talk, okay? 'Cause you hurt me a l-lot and I don't l-like it. I don't, okay? I love you so much and I sh-should have gotten a chance by now but you're a meanie. You're a big meanie. I h-hate you. I love you but I hate you." Then Taemin hung up, and Minho blinked, wondering what had just happened, and if maybe, just maybe, he and Taemin should talk about this.

~

A/N—I want a hug. Comments are love.