Call Me

Call Me

Working as a cleaner in a nightclub had many, many disgusting disadvantages, however, the pay was good and watching drunk people embarrass of themselves was something Baekhyun secretly adored. At 2am one night when he checked the boy’s bathroom for the any sick or 'inappropriate behaviour', he found a phone number scribbled on the wall of a bathroom stall with  the words 'Call me ;)' below it. Like he did with every number he found in the bathroom stalls, Baekhyun saved it on his phone for future use.

"What?" A groggy voice mumbled on the end of the line
It had been just over a week since Baekhyun first found the number and he decided to call it on his way to the gym on Tuesday morning.
"Dude I ordered my pizza over an hour ago and it still hasn't arrived." He growled down the phone
"It's 8am, who orders pizza at 7 in the morning?" The man muttered
"I do." Baekhyun answered shortly
The man yawned loudly.
"Well you have the wrong number anyway." He stated "Goodbye."

Although he refused to admit it, Baekhyun had a bit of an obsession with prank calling people. It started in high school when he would call his friends but it didn’t take them long to figure out it was Baekhyun constantly calling to ‘confirm their order of exotic French dancers’. After that he started to call numbers he found scribbled on the back of bus seats and on park benches. Three years later, he hadn’t stopped.
"Hello?"
"Is this the phone hotline?" Baekhyun asked as he grabbed a bottle of beer from his fridge a few days later
"Yep, here to make your hard.” He proclaimed before lowering his voice slightly “What name will I be today?"
Baekhyun smirked as he brought the bottle to his lips.
“Joonmyun.” He stated
“What’s your surname, Joonmyun?” The man murmured down the phone
“Do you need to moan my surname as well?” Baekhyun chuckled
The man hummed before sighing.
“I guess not... I just wanted to find you on Facebook." He admitted "You’ve killed the mood Joonmyun, I’m hanging up now.”

"Ok, I hid the body." Baekhyun began before the man could as much as say hello "What now?"
He was sat on a bus with Kyungsoo heading off campus to work at the club when he called him again a week later.
"Did you destroy the evidence?" The man asked hastily
"I burned it all. No one will ever know." He stated, his voice shaking a bit towards the end as he tried to suppress a laugh
"Right. You've done well, my friend." The man declared "Anyway, who is this? Jongdae? Sehun? Tell me or I’ll tell the police you've been harassing me with your constant calls."
Baekhyun sat back in his chair slightly, looking out of the window to see they were almost at his stop.
"That’s a a bit extreme, don’t you think?”
“I like making things dramatic for no reason.” The man stated
“My name’s Kyungsoo." He lied, gaining himself a smack on the arm from the real Kyungsoo who was sat next to him "Do Kyungsoo from Seoul National University."
Before Baekhyun could continue, the man had hung up. Later during their break that night, Kyungsoo checked Facebook on his phone to see a friend request from a young man called Park Chanyeol.

"Hi Chanyeol, it's Jongin from Cool FM. You have the chance to win 3 tickets to see Beyonce live this weekend! All you need to do is answer the following 3 questions correctly in order to win." Baekhyun announced down the phone as he lay in bed the next morning "Are you ready to start?"
"Go on then, Kyungsoo." He uttered monotonously
"Is your refrigerator running?"
Chanyeol put the phone down.

During their break on Saturday night, Kyungsoo came over to Baekhyun holding his mobile out towards him.
"Um, it's for you." He stated
"Sup?" Baekhyun greeted the person
"Hello, this is Jongdae from Dominos Pizza. I'm just calling to confirm your order of 1500 pizzas for tomorrow night." An unfamiliar voice sung down the phone
Jongin and Kyungsoo stood across the bar watching Baekhyun as he furrowed his brows.
“I didn’t order any pizzas.”
"Well someone ordered 1500 pizzas under the name Byun Baekhyun." Jongdae huffed "We've been preparing them for a few days now. It's not like you can cancel now."
Joonmyun joined Jongin and Kyungsoo as they all watched Baekhyun’s smile falter and his expression turn into one of pure horror.
"I-I didn't order 1500 pizzas, you have the wrong person!" He defended himself
"What do you mean you didn't? It's on our database." Jongdae scoffed "May 1st, an order for 1500 pizzas to be delivered to Byun Baekhyun at Seoul National University student union at… 1PM for the… cello club."
"I don’t even play the cello!” Baekhyun whined
“That’s not my problem!” He spat
“Hold on." Baekhyun stated before putting the phone on the table and turning his attention to Kyungsoo "Did you order 1500 pizzas under my name?"
He shook his head.
"Did you two?" Baekhyun asked Jongin and Joonmyun
They shook their heads as well.
"Who did it then?"
The three of them simultaneously shrugged. Baekhyun brought the phone back to his ear.
"This must be a mistake." He insisted
"I'm going to call my manager over, he may be able to sort out this matter." Jongdae informed him
There was some incoherent bickering on the other end of the line before he heard someone clear their throat.
"Mr Oh speaking." A voice announced, "I hear there's some confusion regarding your order."
"I didn't order 1500 pizzas, I need to cancel my order." Baekhyun informed him
"Sorry sir, you can't cancel your order. It's already being processed. Unless you want to have to pay for all the pizzas and pay a cancellation fee of" He hesitated for a second "$5,000 then-"
"$5,000 to cancel a pizza order?" He screeched almost on the verge of tears as he thought about the amount of money he has, or in this case doesn’t have, in his bank account
"Well you did order 1500 large pizzas, that's about $10 each so $15,000. Then we've been working on the order for the past-"
"I didn't order that many." Baekhyun squealed, his voice quivering towards the end which made his emotions almost obvious "You have to-"
He stopped when he heard a round of laughter on the other end.
"Chanyeol, put him out of his misery. Please." One of them howled
There was a rustling sound before he heard a familiar voice.
"It was a bit rude to pretend to be your friend, wasn't it?" Chanyeol stated on the other end of the line
“Oh my god.” Baekhyun groaned, feeling a mixed sense of relief and embarrassment "How did you know I'm not Kyungsoo?"
"I did some thorough Facebook stalking, watched his videos and realised that it wasn't him who was calling me but the person making comments and laughing like an idiot behind the camera. Anyway, goodnight Baekhyun. Accept my friend request on Facebook."

After that Baekhyun vowed to never do a prank call ever again, even if a new number turned up in a bathroom stall and he was tempted. He accepted Chanyeol’s friend request and spent about an hour going through every single one of his Facebook pictures twice because, well, he was curious and Chanyeol had a nice smile.

Park Chanyeol: did I scare u?
Byun Baekhyun:  what?
Park Chanyeol: with the prank call. did I scare u?
Byun Baekhyun: uh yeah maybe kind of extremely
Byun Baekhyun: I dunno
Park Chanyeol: bro I’m really sorry, it was a bit extreme
Byun Baekhyun: it’s ok, i’m sorry for all the prank calls before. we’re even now :)
Park Chanyeol: no worries, i just wanted to make sure you’re ok :)

“I’m a cool boss, right?” Joonmyun asked Baekhyun as he sat at the bar before work started
“Sure.” He shrugged dismissively before smiling down at his phone
“See, Baekhyun thinks I’m cool.” He proclaimed as he turned to Kyungsoo and Jongin who stood behind the bar cleaning glasses
Jongin scoffed “Baekhyun, do you think Joonmyun has a shrimp ?”
“Sure.”
The three of them glanced at each other before Kyungsoo piped up.
“He’s been texting the pizza guy constantly for a week now, you’ll need to take his phone away from him to get a good response.”

Park Chanyeol: i saw u at the Bandit today
Park Chanyeol: i think it was u at least
Park Chanyeol: i wasn’t sure if it was u so i didnt say hi
Byun Baekhyun: Yaeh i wrok threre you shuodl hav said hiiiiiiii~
Park Chanyeol: are u drunk?
Byun Baekhyun: mayeb a klilttle
Park Chanyeol: do u normally get drunk at work?
Byun Baekhyun: it wsa 1 o f my collllegues bdays sO we hda drinks afeter wurk
Park Chanyeol: i should come visit you 1 night
Byun Baekhyun: id Like that <3333333 we can gte 2 no eahc eother ;))))
Park Chanyeol: go to bed Baekhyun
Byun Baekhyun: i shoudld goodnithtghtttt pizzzzza bouyyyy~~~~~

The next Friday when Baekhyun went to work, he seemed distracted from his job of picking up glasses and cleaning sick off the floor. So much so that Joonmyun had noticed.
“Earth to Baekhyun.” He yelled loudly leaning over the bar and snapping his fingers in front of his face "Are you okay?"
"Yeah, I'm just expecting someone to come here tonight." He shouted over the thumping bass
“Drink. You look on edge.” Joonmyun stated reaching under the bar and taking out a bottle of beer
He complied, swallowing a few bitter mouthfuls before getting back to work. It was still early in the night so his job wasn't particularly messy yet apart from the odd spill. It was like any other Friday night.
"Excuse me." He heard a voice say from behind him
He swung around on his heel and smiled at the boy "How may I help you?"
"I just wanted to ask about the 1500 pizzas you ordered." The man said cheekily before being shoved aside, with force, by a far more familiar man.
"Shut up you asshat, go buy yourself a drink." He snapped before turning to him "Ignore Jongdae."
"Chanyeol." Baekhyun gasped, placing the crate he was carrying on a table "How did you find me when there are so many people in here?"
There was something amazing about seeing Chanyeol for the first time in real life. He was much taller than Baekhyun expected, arguably more handsome and more animated than he expected.
"I asked Kyungsoo where you were." Chanyeol shrugged "It's nice to meet you."
"You too." He grinned shaking his hand "Well, I need to get back to work but-"
Before he could continue, the crate disappeared from the table and Jongin smiled at him sheepishly.
"Joonmyun said you can have the rest of the night off and that you should thank Kyungsoo or something. I dunno. Just go." He shrugged before turning around and heading back towards the bar
Baekhyun blinked over in the direction of the bar to see his colleguges watching the two of them intently.
"Do you want a drink?" Chanyeol asked
He nodded enthusiastically knowing he may need one to get through the night. When Chanyeol left him Kyungsoo came over with a eating grin on his face.
"So" Kyungsoo sang "What's up?"
"I’m gonna ing castrate you.” He hissed, smacking Kyungsoo on the arm "I'm leaving."
"You’re not leaving when Mr. Model Material is over there is buying you a drink." He snapped "You two have been flirting online for weeks and now you have a night with him. Shouldn't you be happy?"
At that moment Jongdae walked over to them with a drink in his hand.
"Oi scram," He barked at Kyungsoo "my friend has called dibs."
Kyungsoo turned his head towards Baekhyun and smirked.
“He brought someone along just to make sure no one gets you first.” He remarked “You definitely should be happy."

After going to 5 bars and having a combined number of 17 drinks, both of them were feeling bubbly and thoroughly drunk.
"Do you wanna come to my house?" Baekhyun hiccuped rubbing his hand up and down Chanyeol’s thigh "We can play a game together, that would be fun."
To Chanyeol's surprise, they actually did play a game. A very messy version of monopoly whereby, due to Baekhyun's suggestion, if they landed on the other persons property they had to remove a piece of clothing.
"We're going to get very soon." Chanyeol pointed out
"I know." He smirked
"Oh."
It seemed that Baekhyun was simultaneously trying to build and ruin a relationship during the game of Monopoly with it ending in Chanyeol declaring Baekhyun as the winner because he was tired and getting cold. As the alcohol started to wear off they put their clothes back on and at 4am Chanyeol called for a taxi.
"Why did you write your number in the bathroom stall anyway?" Baekhyun asked as they waited
"I didn't, Jongdae did." Chanyeol chuckled
"Well I'm glad he did.” He admitted “You're a very nice guy."
Chanyeol blushed and turned to Baekhyun.
"Can I kiss you?" He asked sheepishly, trying to avoid any eye contact with the smaller
Baekhyun nodded slowly before their lips met for only a few seconds before Chanyeol's phone started to ring.

"Taxi's here." The taller mumbled as he pulled away "Do you want to go out for dinner tomorrow?"
"Are you asking me on a date?"
He nodded.
"I'd love to."

****
((It got a bit messy towards the end - I JUST WANT TO GET THIS UP! I'LL BETA IT TOMORROW!! IT'S 1.25AM THIS IS THE LATEST I'VE STAYED UP IN WEEKS WTF!!!????!!!!))

I wrote this ages ago, it’s not the best it could be but I wanted to get something up because it’s been a few months since I last finished a project.
Thans for reading!