Moving In

Coffeeshop Cliché

Annyeonghaseyo, and thank you for clicking on this story! This is obviously a cliche romance fic between two members of U-Kiss, those two members being Eli Kim and Kevin Woo (ElVin). I really hope you enjoy this, as I am not the best writer out there, although I do enjoy typing up stories for anyone who likes to read about the things I like! Please do enjoy, gomabseubnida!! ^^ *Bows* ❤❤

 

~~~

 

It was Kevin's favorite time of year; Summer was on it's death bed. The cool winds of autumn welcomed the sun's warm rays, and the trees seemed to disapprove of the mix. Their leaves had changed themselves completely, becoming warmer colors as they tried to protest the winds away. He watched them go through this same battle every year, and they'd never ever won. They were just as determined as Kevin, although his goal was totally unrelated.

 

All Kevin wanted to do was pursue in his talents. As a young boy with nothing but his dreams and a camera, he planned on going to college for photography. In fact, he'd be starting school the following week. He'd already settled into his off-campus dorm, which resided by a cute little coffeehouse that was called-- if he remembered correctly-- Morning Kiss.

 

With a contended sigh, the young, optimistic male opened the door to his dorm, closing the door with a foot as he entered. Both of his arms were occupied with groceries that he purchased for the week. The money he had just spent was the last of his monthly pay. His mother had sent him with small checks for school, but this one was put into groceries this month. The next one would have to be mailed to him at the dorm. "Ah... I can't believe how quickly money is spent. With just necessities, too." He mumbled to himself as he ventured into the kitchen and began putting the purchased items in their rightful spots.

 

He immediately concluded that his mother's monthly checks wouldn't be enough to pay for his residence and his necessities. Not to mention his roommate. He didn't even know who that was yet. This was only his second time setting foot in the homey dorm. The first was to bring his clothes and other things from home on the previous night. Apparently the other male who resided with him was called Yeo Hoonmin. Kevin found his name interesting, and hopefully his personality would be too. Kevin was very easy to get along with, since he was a very positive young male with a passion to follow his dreams with a smile on his face no matter how hard it'd be.

 

Finishing in the kitchen, he threw the plastic bags away. With what was left, such as his hair products and soaps and things, he placed those in the bathroom. Kevin, out of generosity had bought items for the other resident, Hoonmin.

 

"Aish... I need to get a job." He told himself quietly. But... where? Mm, maybe he'd be able to ask Hoonmin about a job.

 

'Does he even have a job? Where is he now? What's he like...? Hm. I wonder how much older than me he is... Or is he younger?', Kevin thought to himself. He wandered into the bedroom. There was only one bedroom, but luckily it contained two beds. His side of the room was already decorated with pictures of his family and friends, and some of his personal treasures such as cards he'd gotten on his birthdays, a teddy bear he's had since he was only an infant, and other various things from the past that's help him keep loved ones close.

 

Loved ones. Kevin was a mama's boy his entire life. He was very close to his mother all throughout his life. She'd been with him through everything, helping him take to his talents since day one. Kevin discovered his love for taking pictures when he was still very young, around the age of eight. In school, classmates always picked on him for his hobby. They'd label him "gay", or, a "". He never really payed attention to them because he knew his mother was proud of him for doing what he loved the most.

 

Along with taking pictures, Kevin was an amazing singer. He really enjoyed singing. Growing up, his mother, sister and him always sang together. He also held a talent in dancing, which he never really used to it's extent, since the only time he danced, he was doing so playfully. But photography? Photography was written in Kevin's destiny.

 

Kevin glanced at the clock on his nightstand as he sat on his bed, running a delicate hand through his caramel colored hair. 3:42 in the afternoon; It seemed he still had time to do something productive. And he figured he'd do just that.

 

Getting up, he dug through one of his drawers until he found a sweater. Sliding into the sweater, he made his way out of the door-- not before grabbing his camera and putting it around his neck-- and headed towards the coffeehouse. He'd always wanted to visit it anyways. It seemed so cozy and welcoming; a perfect place to take pictures of inside and out.

 

He wore his usual soft, welcoming smile, standing outside of the shop once his arrival was made. "Might as well order something.~" He said softly, happily stepping into Morning Kiss. He was immediately greeted by a quite familiar face. An old friend of his, Shin Dongho.

 

He seemed to work with taking orders, and not actually preparing the caffeinated drinks. And luckily, at this moment, the small shop was mostly empty, all except the other workers and few other customers. Kevin was beaming. "Dongho!", he called to get the younger's attention.

 

Dongho looked up, catching a familiar gaze. His young, soft features quickly took on a smile. "Kevin!" He mused, "Wow... I haven't seen you in so long. When did you move to New York?" He inquired curiously.

 

"Yesterday," The older of the two laughed. "I came here to go to school." He informed the other.

 

"Lame!" Dongho exclaimed. "Does that mean you won't be able to come here often?"

 

Kevin shook his head. "No, I'll have time! You know the off-campus dorms right down the street?" He asked. When Dongho nodded, he continued: "That's where I live. With my roommate."

 

"Ohh, I see." Dongho smiled softly. "Well, did you want anything from here?" He asked Kevin.

 

The young boy nodded softly. "Please. Although I'm kinda on a budget." He laughed.

 

"Anything in particular?" Dongho questioned 

 

"Something sweet." Kevin decided aloud.

 

And with that, Dongho smiled and put in Kevin's order, and the coffeehouse's best coffee maker whipped up Kevin's surprise drink in no time.

 

"Here you go.~" Dongho smiled, handing Kevin his drink. "It's a double chocolate frappe. I remember you saying you liked chocolate before."  He noted.

 

Kevin laughed softly, taking the cold drink from the boy behind the counter. "Thank you." He said with a nod. He reached into his pocket to scrape up any spare pocket money he might have had, but Dongho stopped him. "It's fine, I'll pay for this one." He assured him. "Besides," He chuckled teasingly, "You're on budget."

 

Kevin just shook his head with a slight smile, sipping the drink. "Buying me things out of pity. You should be ashamed of yourself." Kevin chuckled. "This is really good though, thank you."

 

Dongho reached over the counter to playfully push Kevin. "You're lucky I did anything for you at all." He laughed. "We haven't seen each other in so long, and the first thing I've done was buy you a drink. You should be grateful." He joked, keeping a somewhat serious face.

 

"Sure.~" He replied sarcastically, taking another gulp of his frozen, chocolaty drink.

 

After he finished his drink, Dongho came from behind the counter to hug his long-time friend goodbye, and they parted ways. Kevin returned to the dorm, and still his dorm-mate was not present. Although it seemed he was, as he'd left a short note on the kitchen table. The note read:

 

"Hello, Kevin! 

 

This is your roommate, Hoon.~ Sorry I haven't been able to meet you yet, I'm just busy moving things into the dorm. I see you've been here already and set things up on your side of the bedroom. You've got cute taste.~ Anyways, I'll be home by 4:30 with the rest of my things, and then we can settle in and introduce ourselves. I look forward to meeting you! 

 

                                                                                                                                        ~Hoon"

 

Kevin smiled as he read the note, folding it and tucking into his back pocket. This Hoonmin guy seemed very nice, and he was glad. The optimistic young male made his way into the living room and sat on the couch, switching the TV on with the remote. According to the note, his roommate would be there any second. It was already 4:23.

 

To be honest, Kevin was very excited to be able to meet his roommate. He had so many questions. Maybe he shouldn't push them all onto the other at once, but with being as jumpy as he was, he probably would anyways.

 

Moments later, Kevin heard the door open, and he tried not to look up too excitedly. In stepped his dorm-mate, Hoonmin, and Kevin quickly stood up in order to greet him.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo!!" The velvety-red haired male greeted as he stepped into the living quarters. He wore a bright and happy expression, his sparkling brown eyes and smile giving off a welcoming vibe.

 

Kevin gave a slight bow as he waved, returning the hello. "Annyeonghaseyo.~ I'm glad you're finally here!" He said happily.

 

"I'm glad I am too, now I get to finally settle in... after I move my stuff from my car into the room." He said with a light chuckle.

 

In response, Kevin laughed softly. This guy was very nice already. He had a feeling they'd get along well. "Well, do you need any help?" He asked.

 

Hoon nodded, "Please, if it's not a problem."

 

"Of course it isn't!" Kevin assured the other brightly. "Let's go.~"

 

Hoon smiled at the boy's positiveness, guiding Kevin out to his car.

 

---

 

The two quickly settled in after they'd unpacked all of Hoon's things and put it all in it's correct spot. Hoon had brought his various game systems and set them up nicely in their living room   Being type A in blood, Hoonmin was a quite organized person. Although this was true, he easily had fun and didn't mind making a mess as long as it was cleaned up afterwards. He looked at Kevin, who had been sitting on the couch. "So, do you play?" He asked, partially motioning towards the game systems.

 

Kevin shook his head. "Not really..." He said, a little embarrassed. He knew most boys his age played video games, but he'd never really stayed inside his house growing up, so he never had time to play.

 

"Then I'm gonna teach you!" Hoon exclaimed happily, tossing him a controller and powering on the console.

 

By the end of an hour, Kevin had mastered the game Hoon showed him, even becoming competition for "Hoon the Video Game Master".

 

The two had bonded over the education on video games Hoon was feeding Kevin, and by the end of the night, they seemed to be the best of friends. Kevin, on his side of the friendship, was extremely relieved. He'd been worried they wouldn't be able to get along.

 

Those worries had all been washed away by the time he'd falled asleep on the couch, game controller in hand.