Bruises

Sticky Keys

      "Go to hell!" Kyungsoo bites out. He is fuming when the sharp words spill out his mouth, the course of anger that was once bottle up deep within his body came flooding out at once. Kyungsoo didn't even know he was holding so much in, but once he released it, he felt good. He wanted to say more; a few profanities and choice words about his boyfriend's recent nefarious actions, a couple of remarks about how much he wants to leave, and words of hatred directed towards his boyfriend. But it was cut short...mostly because of fear. Kyungsoo regretted what he said when he saw the look in his boyfriend's eyes. The look he gave when he was about to hit. 

"What the did you just say?"  Dongjin stammers while walking up to Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo tries to back up but fear becomes his worst enemy and grabs onto him so he can't move from his spot. Dongjin grabs Kyungsoo and looks menancingly into his eyes. It's more intimidating for Kyungsoo since Dongjin towers over him, the perks of being 5'8 and in a relationship with someone who's 6'3. Kyungsoo can smell the alcohol on his boyfriend's breath as he inhales deeply to prevent himself from trembling. "I asked you a ing question." Kyungsoo attempts to say something but nothing would come out. The words he had saved up before were completely gone as he mumbled incoherent words. That's when it came.

  Just as Kyungsoo is about to take a deep breath in Dongjin's hand comes in contact with his cheek.  It's a hard smack that has Kyungsoo stumbling to regain his stance as the blood rushes to his cheek. He trembles with tears in his eyes as he stands up and he knows it's not over with when Dongjin comes up to him again.

"S-stop it! Please stop it!" Kyungsoo cries when Dongjin roughly grabs his shoulder, lifting his hand once again and bringing it towards Kyungsoo's face for the second time. Then a third, and lastly a fourth until Kyungsoo falls to the floor with a whimper. He can barely see as his vision is clouded. He can only see the dark figure that is Dongjin. "Just let me leave!"

"You don't get it do you?!" Dongjin shouts. Putting his fingers through Kyungsoo's hair and tightly clenching it resulting in whimpers from Kyungsoo. Dongjin tugged on Kyungsoo's hair, making Kyungsoo jerk up from his laying positing before getting back in his face. Kyungsoo is hyperventilating as the room sits still and Dongjin is only staring. "You are never going to leave because I love you. You just do stupid that results in punishments," Dongjin smiles as he leans in and crashes his lips harshly onto Kyungsoo's. Kyungsoo doesn't kiss back and he tries to move away but Dongjin's hand is still grabbing onto his hair. A sharp pain is felt on Kyungsoo's lip and he feels the wound beginning to bleed, Dongjin bit him before pulling away.

    Kyungsoo sniffles and tries to bring his fingers to his wound but Dongjin grabs his wrists before kicking him back onto the floor with a harsh kick to the stomach. Kyungsoo lets out a pained scream that is cut off short by another kick to the stomach and knocks the wind out of his lungs. He tries to gasp for air but no type of oxygen is getting into his body, only blood is escaping from his mouth as he coughs. Kyungsoo thinks he's going to die when the final kick comes, and it's the worst out of the three. Dongjin's foot crashes into Kyungsoo's ribcage and Kyungsoo swears he feels something crack. He's completely blind now as his vision is completely blurred by tears and his asthma triggers.

   A few gasps for air attempted but failed harshly like before when Kyungsoo tries to breathe. His lungs feel like they're constricting as he holds out his hand for his inhaler, which is just above his dresser. Dongjin continues to glare, unapologetic and a little amused as he watches Kyungsoo's gasping for air. Kyungsoo is about to lose consciousness when Dongjin decides he doesn't want Kyungsoo dead just yet. Dongjin walks over to the dresser and grabs the blue inhaler before throwing it at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo winces and continues to shake as he attempts to grab hold of the inhaler.

"You make me sick," Dongjin remarks before he stomps out of the room for another round of Hennessey, leaving Kyungsoo in his broken state. Kyungsoo is about to pass out by the time he brings his bruised arm  holding his inhaler up to his mouth. He wraps his mouth around the plastic device and presses the top. As the medicine gets to his lungs Kyungsoo takes in the deep breath he needed, which hurt because of the kicks. Kyungsoo's body is limp and lifeless as he lays on the ground. When the inhaler is removed from his mouth a string of blood mixed with saliva also escapes with it. Kyungsoo's in too much pain to be disgusted and instead he cries.

      He cries his eyes out and wonders when he became so weak. Back in high school he would have people in choke holds if they dared do something bad to him, but here he is now. On the floor trembling and in so much pain because he doesn't know how to fight the monster he calls his boyfriend. All the lights are off as Kyungsoo cries. His room is on the opposite side from where the moon shines so it's pitch black. As Kyungsoo cries out soft sobs he can hear the clanking of glasses in the kitchen. He wants to leave but what would happen if he tried?

"!" Kyungsoo hears Dongjin shout. Kyungsoo holds his breath because he thinks Dongjin is going to come back but instead he hears the front door slam close.

    It feels like hours pass by as Kyungsoo remains on the carpeted floor in thought. He can't tell how long he's been on the floor by looking at the digital clock on the night stand because he didn't know when he started getting beat up. The tears had stopped falling long ago. Leaving the corners of his eyes dry. Kyungsoo thinks about ways to leave and where to go. The first thought to come to mind was leaving permanantly, which he discarded immediately. He isn't ready to leave yet because he believes those who want to leave feel like there's nothing left for them in their life. Kyungsoo thinks there's things out there worth living for like coffee and mid morning strolls, outings to the bookstore, small things that mean the world to him, and things he has yet to find. The other idea Kyungsoo has in mind is leaving when Dongjin goes to work. It'd be a great plan, Kyungsoo thinks. Dongjin leaves at eight in the morning for work and Kyungsoo could call out for work and properly pack his things. Then he'd leave and never see Dongjin again.

    But Kyungsoo wonders where he'd go if he left. The money he's saved from tips at work would eventually run considering he only has four months worth of tips. He couldn't go back to work because Dongjin would find him immediately. His parents house is out of the question too. It's not like his parents would be happy to have him back after kicking him out. Maybe his mom would be happy since she didn't want him to leave in the first place, but his father, not at all. His father refused to have a son who's gay living in his house. Another option was going to a friend's house, but he didn't have friends like that. Kyungsoo kept to himself and is only outgoing with people he's really close to. The one's he was really close to were his college buddies but once they graduated, they all drifted apart and focused on their own lives by either working or attending graduate school. Kyungsoo was never really good at keeping contact unless he see's that person in person frequently.

   Kyungsoo's stuck. He's stuck with this monster for who knows how long, probably until one day Dongjin actually kills him. The thought makes Kyungsoo cry again. Just when he thought the tears were done for the night they come back. He hates the feeling so much, laying there feeling sorry for himself. Before it used to take a lot for him to cry, but this situation has his emotions all over the place and he doesn't know how to cope. Kyungsoo wants to talk to his co-worker, Jongdae, about it because Jongdae is good when it came to advice or just talking. He even gave Kyungsoo his number once but Dongjin found out about the number and made Kyungsoo delete it (after smacking him around a couple of times). Kyungsoo would still text Jongdae secretly if he actually remembered the number by heart, but he didn't. So now he has to wait fourteen hours before rushing up to Jongdae and indirectly talking about his problems. Explaining it in terms as an 'American drama' he'd gotten into a few months ago with a protagonist going through physical and emotional abuse from his boyfriend and a sad back story. Jongdae would always ask for the name of the show because it sounded really interesting but if Kyungsoo said 'My Life' as the title things would get a little tricky.

   A thought comes to mind when Kyungsoo continues to think on the floor. He remembers a few of his work mates talking about some chat room they'd grown to love. The responses were nothing but good ones and a few of them said they found friends in the chatroom. Even Jongdae said the chatroom is a good place to go to if you ever want to talk with someone which is baffling to Kyungsoo because Jongdae is a very picky person and thinks very little things are good. Kyungsoo thinks about it for a couple of minutes before deciding that talking to someone would be harmless and a one time thing. 

     Kyungsoo's laptop is below his night stand laying on a shelf. He is not sure if he will be able to make it that far since he can't get up, his upper body is in a lot of pain. The first attempt to try and sit up is failed immediately when an excruciating pain almost like being stabbed in the pancreas with dull knives is felt. Kyungsoo lays back on the floor with a whine before thinking of other ways to get to his laptop. He couldn't stay on the floor forever even if he wanted to. The next option is to drag himself to the laptop, it wouldn't hurt that much he thinks because the floor is carpeted. Rolling cautiously onto his stomach and extending his non hurt arm out on the floor Kyungsoo drags himself foward and finds out that it doesn't hurt as much as trying to get up, so he does another drag. 

   And another, and another, and another, and one final one until he hits his head on the night stand. Kyungsoo groans and rubs his head with his non-injured arm, it's just not his night he deems. Since it's pitch black Kyungsoo has to feel for his laptop which takes a second or two until he feels the cold metal brush upon his palms. He pulls the laptop off the shelf and opens it up. The screen flashes a bright light immediately making Kyungsoo squint his eyes. Even though he can barely open his eyes wide enough to see Kyungsoo types in his password. His eyes adjust better because his screen saver has dark colors in it. It's a picture of the moonlight shining on a field of fireflies and a couple resting their heads on each other. It's one of Kyungsoo's dream dates he hopes he can go on one day, preferably not with Dongjin.

  Once chrome is open Kyungsoo types in the first three letters of the website before chrome finds it for him and he clicks the enter button. The web page is lively and colorful when it opens up. There's pictures of people laughing and carrying on as they sit on their computer while intro messages come up in colorful cloud bubbles. Exiting out immediately crosses Kyungsoo's mind because he thinks this website is cheesy until he realizes he's desperate to talk to somone. The join today button is accompanied by an icon of a man who's too happy for his own good, making Kyungsoo roll his eyes. 

  Sign up is a breeze. All Kyungsoo had to do was type in his email address and make a password and sell his soul and his future first borns soul to the makers of the website. Simple. His page is created and Kyungsoo thinks it's really bland. He doesn't feel like taking the time to write about himself or his interests or customizing his page, that's too much work. He just wants to talk to somebody. But he does choose an icon because the default one of a smiley face isn't doing it for him. Kyungsoo changes it to a penguin before clicking the chat box icon. Some panda with blue fur and rosy red cheeks comes on screen and tells him to wait just a moment. For the second time Kyungsoo rolls his eyes, how cheesy can this website get? The panda talks again and asks Kyungsoo to type in his interests. Kyungsoo clicks the skip button and is directed to a chatroom.

you are now chatting with sugacookies23

   Kyungsoo thinks about exiting because first of all the person sounds like they're twelve attempting to act like someone older. Also Kyungsoo's not sure if he wants to associate anyone who has an icon of pororo with a gun, that's just wrong on so many levels. Just as he's about to exit the person greets him.

sugacookies23 says: Hello how are you?

He thinks this person is proper and might be someone he could share his problems with so he replies back.

dksooo says: Hi. I'm actually not feeling as well as I want to feel.

sugacookies23 says: Well that's not good at all! Will pictures of my make you feel better?

Kyungsoo gasps as he exits out the chatroom and makes sure to block sugacookies when the little panda comes up on the side and asks if he wants to keep or block this user. He did not expect that. He deems it as first time users bad luck and decides to continue on when he's directed to another chatroom.

you are now chatting with gyeolsun

dksooo says: Hi. How are you?

gyeolsun says: I'm and I want someone to send me nudes and I'll send back pics of me c;

Exited and blocked once again by Do Kyungsoo. He honestly doesn't know what the hell is wrong with some people and wonders if they would be this straightforward if they were talking to someone in real life. Kyungsoo thinks they're all cowards who are too confident behind the screen but when the times comes to interact with someone in face to face they are actually really lame. Another chatroom opens.

you are now chatting with weabootrash

Kyungsoo exits out immediately because that person is someone he really doesn't want to associate with. 

you are now chatting with soup

dksooo says: Please tell me you're not one of those ertive people on this site.

soup says: Why? You met people that want your nudes? D:

dksooo says: Yes I did actually and I don't like it.

soup says: Well that's too ing bad if you don't like it then how about you ing leave? No one is stopping you, and your nudes are probably ugly and no one wants them.

dksooo says: Listen here you faced troll I'm really not in the ing mood right now and don't have time for your . My mood isn't good rn and I don't need your nonsense. You're probably just some hurt middle aged man who has no ing life and sits around on the internet making people feel bad. You are a scum and probably just bitter because no one will send nudes to your fugly . Goodbye .

  Reported and Blocked. Kyungsoo is enraged because that face called soup is such an . Kyungsoo doesn't even curse like that and that person made him turn into a sailor. As if the emotional abuse from Dongjin isn't enough, he had to deal with some idiot on the internet. He thinks his co-workers are liars if they thought this website is actually good. He's ready to exit out the website for good and wait until work tomorrow until the person in the chatroom he got redirected to says something that catches his attention. Also the users icon is a cute puppy so that's a plus.

you are now chatting with dancingking94

dancingking94 says: Are you actually willing to talk or are you one of those people who wants my nudes?

dksooo says: You've been meeting erts too? I thought I was the only one.

dancingking94 says: Yeah~ Usually it's not this bad but tonight is one of those nights when people get thirsty.

dksooo says: So you're on this website a lot?

dancingking94 says: You could say that I'm on it enough...I'm only on here when I'm extremely bored xp.

dksooo says: I guess that means that you've met that user soup before

dancingking94 says: Oh yeah I had the pleasure of talking with him awhile ago. Blocked and Reported lol

dksooo says: Same

dancingking94 says: So how have you been?^^

Kyungsoo was laughing a few seconds ago but now he's deep in thought yet again. He wonders if he should tell this person his problems or not. That is the main reason he made and account for this ridiculous chatroom site. But what if this person stopped talking to him once he told him of his issues? Kyungsoo didn't want that because dancingking94 seemed like a nice person. The chances of him actually helping Kyungsoo out are slim but he still wants to continue talking to the person.

dksooo says: I haven't been all that well as of lately...

dancingking94 says: Oh no, what happened??? D:

dksooo says: Well it's something about my friend that's been bugging me for awhile.

dancingking94 says: You can tell me if you want~ and if your friend doesn't mind.

Kyungsoo takes a deep breath and sighs as he types away his frustrations.

dksooo says: My friend met this guy at a bar and it was kind of like love at first sight but not really. Anyways it was going great for my friend until my friends boyfriend asked my friend to move in with him. That's when things got really complicated. I was happy for my friend until I started seeing things. My friend would call off from work frequently and would be a little put out. I even started noticing faint bruises on my friend because makeup cover up wasn't something my friend was an expert at. So I asked my friend what happened and my friend broke down into tears. It was something I had never seen before and I was scared. My friend's boyfriend had been abusing my friend. Sometimes once a week and other times twice a day and my friend is really hurt. I was outraged and wanted to hurt whoever hurt my friend like that. But my friend told me not to because then my friend's boyfriend would kill us both? What am I supposed to do? My friend can't leave, my friend's trapped and there's nothing that I can do to help. This frustrates me so much because what if my friend gets killed by that monster?

Kyungsoo feels relieved once he lets it all out. He ended up crying when halfway through typing the message but he stopped once he finished. He gets scared when he waits a little while and the person he's been talking to doesn't reply. Not even the this person is typing... thing popped up and Kyungsoo is nervous. He knew it was a bad idea to share his problems with a stranger because they would get scared and leave. Kyungsoo is about to give up until the chatroom box chimes and dancingking94 replies.

dancingking94 says: Be there for your friend.

dksooo says: Huh?

dancingking94 says: You said that there's nothing you can do. Well that's not all true, you can be there for your friend. Your friend's situation is pretty tricky and can't be solved easily without rebounds that would affect him/her. Wait is your friend a boy or a girl?

dksooo says: Does it matter?

dancingking94 says: No I was just asking...Anyways like I said before. Just be there for your friend and make sure that they're okay. Even after they get beat and they're crying and broken tend to the wounds and be there as a friend. Your friend seems like a very strong person and you seem like a really nice friend. The situation is indeed a sticky one that can leave you both hurt and stressed. The best thing to do when in a situation like this, though I'm not going through it and my advice may not want to be taken into consideration, is to think positive and be there for eachother.

"Wow..." Kyungsoo says aloud. He didn't know he'd get that type of response from the person that'd used all those emoticons in the beginning. The advice made him feel better. Though his friend is really him Kyungsoo understands that he must be there for himself because there's no one else that can help him with his problems. He would have to think positive and be there for himself if he wanted to make it out of his predicament alive.

dksooo says: Thanks so much. Your advice is really appreciated and I'm going to make sure to tell my friend to stay positive c:

dancingking94 says: You're welcome. Please tell me how it goes with your friend because now I'm really worried.

dksooo says: You are?

dancingking94 says: Yeah I am. No one should have to go through with that kind of abuse. I want to see how things work out for you and your friend if you don't mind~

dksooo says: How would we keep in touch? Isn't this chatroom like a one time chat thing?

dancingking94 says: No you can add me lol There's an add me button on the upper right corner of the chatbox. It's the icon of the onion face thing...

dksooo says: The what?? 

dancingking94 says: Idk how to explain it omg you'll understand once you see it (/~\)

Kyungsoo narrows his eyes and scans the top right corner until he finds out what the guy is talking about. He ends up laughing a little when he examines the icon. It is indeed an onion with a face who's chin is in the shape of a . Kyungsoo clicks the add button and a notification pops up in a white cloud and bright blue letters 'dancingking94 has been added to your friend's list' followed by the blue panda smiling. Kyungsoo has a friends list even if there is only one person on it, he's still happy. Kyungsoo clicks out of the panda and returns to the chatroom with the guy.

dksooo says: I see what you mean lol

dancingking94 says: I told you!! The icon is an onion face thing

dksooo says: It is not only the chin looks like a

dancingking94 says: Same thing~

dksooo says: I guess

dancingking94 says: Since we are friends now (the website just declared it so no take backs) I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Jongin~ Just by your chatroom name I can guess that your name has a D and a K in it. The three O's are a little iffy to me

dksooo says: Lol the O's are iffy? My name is Kyungsoo and the D is apart of my last name but I'm not saying it because you might be a crazy stalker out to get me

dancingking94 says: Touche

dancingking94 says: It's getting kind of late and I have school early tomorrow...

dksooo says: Wait how old are you? Are you still in highschool

dancingking94 says: You seem to be scared are you old?? lol I'm 22 and I attend graduate school so I can get my master's degree. I attend so early because I teach dance classes from the afternoon to later in the evening.

dksooo says: That explains the chatroom name. But why is the number in your chatroom name 94 you had me thinking you were 20 years old.

dksooo says: and no i'm not old I'm a year older than you.

dancingking94 says: 94 is my favorite number and oh my god you're ancient.

dksooo says: Shutup I am not. Well since you have to go, I'll let you sleep.

dancingking94 says: Talk to you tomorrow~

dksooo says: Wait we're going to talk tomorrow?

dancingking94 says: I hope so ^-^ Goodnight Kyungsoo~

dksooo says: Goodnight Jongin

   Kyungsoo exits out the chatroom and smiles to himself. The chatroom didn't turn out to be as bad as he thought and he has to thank Jongdae tomorrow for recommending the website. He found a friend, a friend named Jongin. It's an impulsive decision when Kyungsoo clicks on Jongin's chatroom name and is directed to his page. Jongin's page is far mor livelier than thank Kyungsoo's. The background is a sky full of stars that look dreamy and has Kyungsoo dazed. Jongin's icon of two puppies is on the left side and below it is his bio which makes Kyungsoo laugh. Along with basic information such as age and and occupation is a little message from Jongin saying "I'm gay as hell so if you're a homophobe you can swerve k bye~" followed by an angel emoji. Below that is Jongin's friends list which is filled with a lot of icons. Some of them have stars next to them and Kyungsoo wonders what they mean. In the new feeds section it says 'dancingking94 has just become friends with dksooo' and Kyungsoo smiles brightly. The rest of his posts are either pictures of dogs, food (mostly chicken surprisingly), and dancing videos Kyungsoo assumes is Jongin's class just by the caption 'proud of my students <3'

"Kyungsoo!" Dongjin screams after he slams the door open. Kyungsoo feels his heart sink to his stomach and he immediately closes his laptop.

"," Kyungsoo whispers.


A/N*: This was supposed to be a oneshot but my laptop is so stupid and only allows me to write a little bit over 4k before it starts messing up and freezing. This is most likely going to be a three shot if you don't mind and I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. It kills me to write any type of angst because who is evil enough to beat up Do Kyungsoo?