Snippet I — When His Boyfriend Walked Jongin Home

We'll be Okay — Drabble Series

[Word count: 1780]

 

The walk home was chilly. Jongin had his hand in Taemin's, swinging it happily between them. They didn't talk much, only flashing shy smiles to each other every other minute. (And no, no discussion on about any stalls either. Let's not talk about that because Jongin himself didn't know what he was thinking when he did it. There was just an urge to make sure Taemin was really his and he just did what he had done. It was very out of character of him and he didn't want to remember it so he was thankful Taemin hadn't brought it up. Yet.)

It suddenly felt like middle school again, except it was a guy this time (a really beautiful one at that) and he was deeply in love. The elder's thumb were drawing childish pattern at the back of his hand, adding effect to the fluttering in his stomach. He squeezed their hand in return. Taemin would look up at him every time he did that, and they'd smile at each other before looking straight at the road again. Now he was warm all over it wasn't even summer.

When a car drove too fast on Jongin's right, Taemin let go of their hand holding and instinctively pulled him closer by the waist. The elder practically glared at the car until it was out of sight and then realized he was holding Jongin's waist still and jumped back with red cheeks. It was so cute and Jongin would giggle except he knew Taemin wouldn't like it so he didn't. Clearing his throat, Taemin reached for his hand again and held it tight, looking anywhere but Jongin. The third time it happened (those cars weren't that fast, but apparently his boyfriend was the protective kind; it really surprised Jongin and made his insides tingly), Taemin switched their position so he was in the outer part of the pavement and Jongin away from threatening cars. His boyfriend was sweet though he didn't like to admit it even to Jongin.

“I’m not five you know,” Said Jongin, biting back a laugh.

“Huh? Oh uh,” He heard Taemin cursed silently, “Sorry, I really didn't mean to. I was just. Sorry.”

“Its fine,” He chuckled. It was really fun to see Taemin like this, to have a glimpse of how the other side was feeling, and to know he wasn't the only one feeling like this. 

“I’m just, I'm not sure what’s the dos and don’ts yet. I’m sorry if I—”

“Hey, relax it's just me,” He smiled.

“Because it’s you,” Taemin firmly stated, purposely stopping their walk and stared hard at Jongin, forcing what he meant through his gaze. “Because it’s you, Jongin,”

Fireworks were erupting inside him as he stared back, drowned in the depth of Taemin's sincere eyes for the nth time. It never failed to surprise him, how much Taemin could say to him just with his eyes. He had learned to understand the language as well, and he'd gladly spend forever just staring into those black orbs.

Taemin broke their gaze first and huffed loudly before hugging him and buried his face in Jongin's chest.

Jongin blinked, his face turned crimson red when he got a grip of what was happening (Taemin hugging him dearly all of a sudden, not to people walking bye around them are giving him weird looks), he slowly encircle his arms around the elder and dipped his head in the crook of Taemin's neck.

The elder pulled back a bit so he could look at him, and his face was almost pleading and desperate when Jongin saw him. He'd really like to help except he wasn't sure what Taemin was desperate about, he doubted Taemin did either.

“Let’s just go home,” Taemin exhaled heavily before tugging Jongin forward, walking one step ahead.

“What’s wrong...?” Jongin couldn't help asking, tugging lightly at his boyfriend’s hand twice.

Taemin made them walk side by side again before answering quietly, “It’s just... I love you a lot, you know?”

His heart skipped a beat, “Yeah,” nodding rather idiotically because hearing the three words still made him feel like his head flying off.

“Yeah well,” Taemin shook his head, “Never mind. I'm fine,” He flashed a charming smile in Jongin's way that Jongin literally tripped on his feet. Taemin only laughed and kissed his cheek.

“You’re really cute,”

 

As they reached his house, Jongin thought of how to ask Taemin to sleepover without sounding too needy and having certain intention (he didn't!). It was a Saturday and very late as well, so it was only make sense if he asked right? Seoul was a dangerous place at night and also they got no school tomorrow.

And there had been lots and lots of sleepovers on a Saturday night for them before so it wasn't totally a weird thing.

 

It wasn't.

 

“So you’re gonna sleep in my bed tonight?”

 

If the gates of Hell opened to his right or left Jongin would have no doubt on jumping right in and spent some time getting burned there.

 

And what had he say, sleep in my bed?

 

Of all the times to made a shame out of himself why, dear God, why now?

 

He must look terrified and pathetic right now because Taemin was cupping his face with his big and warm hand, and muttering comforting words at him. The pads of his thumb his cheek bones.

“Calm down, its okay Jongin I’m not laughing at you, breathe, shh its fine, calm down, shh,”

It suddenly felt so hot in his doorstep. Maybe the gates to hell were really opened here somewhere around.

“Jongin-ah,”

“Huh?” It sounded somewhere in the fifth octave on the keyboard.

“As much as I like that um, invitation,” blood rushed to Jongin's face, “I should really go home. I’ll call you once I do, alright?”

That was disappointing, it really was and Jongin didn't bother hiding it; he pouted. Taemin stared at him with an unreadable expression before suggesting him to go inside. Jongin pouted further and stared at Taemin like he was guilty.

“It's cold,” Taemin pushed on his chest and even reached behind him to open the door, “Get in,”

“Careful on your way home,” He mumbled uninterestedly and turned around.

He wasn't sure how everything occurred after that. One moment he was facing the slightly opened door, then there was a hard pull on his elbow and the next thing he knew a pair of plush lips was on his.

His eyes went the size of Kyungsoo's before they slipped close, relishing in the warmth the other's body offered. It was such a sweet kiss, two pairs of lips met in the simplest touch. Arms wrapped around him and before he knew it the kiss had ended.

“Good night,” Taemin breathed, keeping their noses together.

“Good night,” He repeated, closing in and met their lips again. Tilting his head for a better angle, Jongin lightly and shivered when Taemin kissed him back. Hands started to roam, body pressed together and—

“Taemin Hyung! It is you! Are you sleeping over?” Kyungsoo was jumping on his heels, stood merrily on their side and tugging ecstatically on Taemin's jeans, one hand clutching a teddy bear, “Mom hyungs are back!” He shouted at the general direction of the door.

Jongin hid his face on the elder's neck and hit Taemin's shoulder repeatedly, mourning on their bad luck (more like embarrassment) and his of a (cute) brother. Taemin wasn't any better, hiding his face in Jongin's hair, gripping on his sides before deeming his face not that red anymore and crouched down to Kyungsoo's level with a smile.

“Hey baby. Why are you still up?”

“Hyung I want a kiss too,”

WHAT, Jongin choked on air. What kind of cruel reality is this.

“You kiss Jongin hyung a lot these days. I want a kiss too,” Kyungsoo pouted.

Taemin didn't even hesitate on pecking Kyungsoo on the lips, and forehead, and both his cheeks. “There. Better?” He grinned and ruffled the younger's hair.

Jongin's jaw dropped. Fine, alright, so they were close and that was a good thing but really, he worked month for each of his kiss, how come Kyungsoo got four just from asking (who was he kidding, he knew it was just Taemin and Kyungsoo being Taemin and Kyungsoo, but still. It wasn't like he was jealous all the time either, but it was their day and it should be about them and Taemin should had been aloud to kiss Jongin only, right?).

“Hyung,” Little Soo smiled cheekily and threw himself at Taemin who catch him with an ‘Augh look who’s getting bigger’ and laughed.

“COUGH COUGH COUGH,”

Both Taemin and Kyungsoo looked up to a slightly disgruntled Jongin.

Yeah, I'm still here you guys, Jongin wanted to retort.

Taemin smiled sheepishly at him and squeezed his ankle before telling Kyungsoo that he wouldn't be staying tonight, maybe next time.

“You can sleep with Jongin and call me before you go to sleep, okay? Good. I need to talk to Jongin alone now, will you get in first?”

“We’ll talk on the phone?”

“We'll talk on the phone sweetie,”

Kyungsoo pursed his lips before nodding, pecking Taemin one last time (highly unnecessary, if you ask Jongin) and dashed in.

“I swear he has a crush on you,” Jongin followed Kyungsoo with his eyes.

“I have a crush on you though,” Taemin shrugged and stood up, “Aaand it's really late. Gotta get going. Talk to you later yeah?”

Jongin nodded, ignoring the elder's previous cheesy line. Taemin hugged him a goodbye. “I’ll miss you,”

Jongin smiled, “I know,”

“Kim Jongin.”

“I’ll miss you too.”

 

Later that night, after a very long phone call and tucking his little brother to bed, Jongin rolled around on his bed, feeling empty. Ugh, why wouldn't Taemin stay?

 

Kamjong bae [11:23 PM]

Why wouldn't you stay the night though?

 

Taeminnie <3 [11:23 PM]

Because I'd jump you.

 

Kamjong bae [11:31 PM]

Oh.

 

Taeminnie <3 [11:31 PM]

Yeah.

 

Kamjong bae [11:31 PM]

was that why you grabbed me and then pushed me away like you just got burned for i lost count how many times the whole evening

 

Taeminnie <3 [11:32 PM]

...yes

 

Kamjong bae [11:32 PM]

lol cant resist me can you

 

Taeminnie <3 [11:33 PM]

...dont push it

 

Kamjong bae [11:33 PM]

:p

 

Kamjong bae [11:33 PM]

Goodnight taem

 

Taeminnie <3 [11:34 PM]

night Jonginah

 

Taeminnie <3 [11:34 PM]

love you.

 

Taeminnie <3 [11:38 PM]

not gonna say it back?

 

Taeminnie <3 [11:45 PM]

fine, tsch, be that way

 

Kamjong bae [11:45 PM]

:***

 

Taeminnie <3 [11:36 PM]

-__________________________________-