Kim Kibum

Saving Soohyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kibum’s long jaw dropped at the sight of the man who Arisa had introduced.

Everyone sat around the dining table in awe, waiting for Kibum’s reaction.

Kibum looked towards Minho who glared at him impatiently.

“Key, what is the meaning of all of this?”

Kibum pushed past his chair to lean closer to Minho.

“I’m so sorry for this. I think it’s best that I leave and take my friends with me.”

Minho nodded in agreement.

“Um, A-Arisa, get your friend and meet me outside. Jinki, Eunji, follow,” Kibum ordered sternly.

No one argued.

They lifted themselves from their chairs and followed Kibum through the ballroom to the front entrance.

Once they were outside, Kibum stepped towards the man Arisa was clinging onto.

“Arisa, you better start explaining for him, because I’m tired of him coming around me.”

Arisa smirked and looked towards Eunji.

“Maybe your intern would like to tell you, since she knows him personally.”

“What?”

Kibum turned his head towards Eunji, whose sad gaze wouldn’t lift from the snow covered steps.

“Eunji, what is she talking about?”

Eunji didn’t speak, which made Kibum nervous.

What is she hiding?

“Somebody tell me something!” Kibum yelled, body shaking furiously.

“Key, this isn’t how this was supposed to happen. We were supposed to approach her on our own, to verify our suspicions.” Jinki stared into Kibum’s eyes sadly. “We weren’t supposed to confront her in front of you, assuming something that might not be true.”

“Oh cut the crap Jinki. Taehwan, is this your fiancé or not?” Arisa asked.

Kibum stared confusedly as he watched Taehwan drink in Eunji’s appearance. Taehwan nodded slowly, making Kibum’s heart pound against his chest.

“E-Eunji? He’s lying, right?”

Eunji remained silent.

“Onew, explain this to me please. Now!”

Jinki sighed and a puff of white smoke swirled in the air.

“The briefcase, that Taehwan brought you, the one you had Eunji remove from your office, it had some interesting information, that Arisa and I couldn’t make sense of. There were images of Taehwan and Eunji, happy, together. He said that the woman from the pictures was his fiancé Hyerim, the same woman he thought had died in a car accident.”

“The one he claimed was murdered?”

“That’s what he assumed, because she was announced dead.”

“Then Eunji can’t be her,” Kibum shook his head in denial.

“Oh for the love of – Onew – go get the briefcase,” Arisa demanded.

Jinki nodded and stepped down to walk to his car.

Eunji turned her back towards everyone.

Kibum stared at her backside with a longing to understand what was going on.

“This man’s fiancé gets into an accident, disappears from the scene of the accident before paramedics get there, is announced dead by the hospital, then appears again with an alias, and that doesn’t seem suspicious? So, Hyerim, what are you trying to pull exactly?” Kibum watched as Arisa pushed past him to stand behind Eunji to interrogate her some more.

“Enough Arisa,” Kibum warned.

“No, not enough. We need to figure out the truth. What’s wrong Hyerim? Was Taehwan disappointing you so bad that you became so desperate to think up an elaborate escape plan?”

Kibum silently wished Eunji would say something, but it seemed the shock and the cold kept her voice locked in .

“Hyerim, do you not hear me speaking to you?” Arisa stepped closer and poked Eunji repeatedly in her back.

Kibum grabbed Arisa’s wrist and pulled her back.

“Stop. Don’t touch her.”

Arisa rolled her eyes and wriggled her wrist from his grip.

“I’d expect this much from an ignorant fool who doesn’t even know who he’s falling in love with.”

Eunji turned her head slightly and Kibum glared at Arisa.

“What did you say?” Kibum asked.

“You heard me lover boy. Your secret is out. The jig is up. You’ve fallen in love with an imposter.”

“You’re insane,” Kibum spat.

“No, she’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter