Together even in Heaven

Everlasting friendship

CONTINUED...


AUTHOR POV:

Eunji and Bomi walking along a road. Both enjoying the scenery and chit chatting away about nonsense, when it suddenly occurred to them that they were killed. Both of them remembered dying so horrifying in the warehouse and were terrified as to how thy were here. They decided to wondered where the road was leading them and continued on the path with curiosity.

After a while, they came to a high, white stone wall along one side of the road. It looked like fine marble. At the top of a long hill it was broken by a tall arch that glowed in the sunlight. When they stood before it, they saw a magnificent gate in the arch that looked like the mother of pearls , and the street that led to the gate were paved from pure gold.

Eunji and Bomi walked towards the gate, and as they got closer, they saw a man at a desk to one side. When Bomi was close enough, she called out, 'Excuse me, where are we?' 

'This is Heaven, madam,' the man answered.

'Wah! We've arrived at Heaven? Bomi and Eunji gushed that at least they would be together in the after-life. Would you happen to have some water?' Eunji asked, feeling thirsty all of a sudden. 'Of course, madam. Come right in and I'll have some ice water brought right up.' The man gestured, and the gate began to open.'Can my friend,' gesturing toward Bomi, 'come in, too?' Eunji asked.

'I'm sorry, but we don't accept more than one person at a time.' Eunji thought a moment and then turned back toward the road and continued the way they were going with Bomi by her side.

After another long walk, and at the top of another long hill, they came to a dirt road, which led through a farm gate that looked as if it had never been closed. There was no fence and as they approached the gate, they saw a man inside, leaning against a tree, reading a book.

'Excuse me!' Eunji called to the reader. 'Do you have any water?'

'Yeah, sure, there's a pump over there.' The man pointed to a place that couldn't be seen from outside the gate. 'Come on in.'

'How about my friend here?' Eunji again gestured to Bomi. 'There should be a bowl by the pump' replied the man. They went through the gate, and sure enough, there was an old-fashioned hand pump with a bowl beside it.

Eunji filled the bowl, then he gave it to Bomi first and took a long drink afterwards. When they had quenched there thirst, Eunji and Bomi walked back toward the man who was standing by the tree waiting for them.

'What do you call this place?' Bomi asked. 'This is Heaven,' he answered.

'Well, that's confusing,' Eunji stated.' The man down the road said that was Heaven, too.'

'Oh, you mean the place with the gold street and pearly gates? Nope, that's Hell.'

'Doesn't it make you mad for them to use your name like that?' replied both Bomi and Eunji.

'No! I can see how you might think so, but we're just happy that they screen out the folks who'll leave their best friends behind.'


Second chapter was based on a story by Mark Horton