Dark Secret

Everlasting friendship

EUNJI POV:

If I was sad he'd just offer to drink sojo and a spot on the couch next to her. Then we'd play pointlessly silly games until our foreheads would be red from the flicks as punishment.

When I was ready, we'd talk about it.

She was always there, listening to me without judgement and never commented until I'd spun my heart out. Then she would put down her glass of sojo, look me in the eye and give me advice like the sister I never had. Bomi never mocked unless I needed a good kick up the . She'd never told a soul of the contents of our discussions- no,she was a black hole for gossip, a true friend, one of a kind.

So why was I so hesitant to tell her my dark secret.

Would she be hesitant to help?

AUTHOR POV:

A few days passed before Eunji discovered Bomi's change in behaviour, her manner was strange and she was far from the happy virus she used to be. She would remain withdrawn, sleep too much and even turn aggressive at times. A few time, Eunji was even woken up in the middle of the night by then noises of smashing coming from Bomi's room.

Eunji assumed that it was just the stress of Bomi's finals approaching that'd make her act this way but she satrted to worry after her abnormal behaviour became more frequent. As time passed Eunji noticed her room mate becoming even more moody and frustrated. What was wrong with her?

Eunji couldn't just sit by and wacth her friend wither away from her past self. Eunji confronted Bomi, she presisted every day and every night until Bomi finally reveleade her tragic circumstance. 

As she started to confess, she broke down into a pool of tears. Her eyes swelled from her weeping anf turned red. Eunji knew that sometimes, crying helped so she simply engulfed her best-friend into a warm bear hug and lent her a shoulder to cry on. The world around them becomes a blur of color that melted to gray as Eunji realised that her friend had cryed so much that no more tears were left.

Feeling agitated that even her body had refused to procude any more tears, Bomi wailed in heart-ache. It took some time but she was ready to tell Eunji her story.She sorowfully confessed that it was her boyfriend, who was taking drugs and forced her to take them too. 

Bomi poured her heart out and told Eunji how  not only was she forced to take the drugs, but was also forced to bring money every now and then and was threatened her with dire consequences.

Not wanting Eunji to come to any harm, Bomi had brying the pain deep inside her heart.

Shocked by her story, Eunji consoled her the best she could. She then thought of a way to help her friend escape dangrous sitautions she was currenly trappen in. 

She contacted the college counselor, who was a psychologist and forced Bomi to narrated all that that happend. The counsellor offered to help and said that matter would be kept under wraps. 

But the very next day, they were attacked

_______________________________________________

Eunji and Bomi walked the same route back home as normal - like every day. At 6:05 pm precisely they always left the college. They stopped by the local grogery shop at 6:10 pm, bought a bunch of meat, fruits and vegetable and continue they way. By 6:30 they would've already arrived at the deserted alleyway as a short cut to their house.

That was where we were taken hostage. 

Scremaing and begging to be reasled, they both tried their hardest to fight back. But the kidnappers were a part of the local mob, too strong and too powerful to be taken lightly. 

Both of the girls were blindfolded, gagged and chucked into the back of a van, after several hours the van stopped moving. Ready to face their death, Bomi and Eunji had given up holding on to the hope that they would survive. As the were dragged into an isolated building, they reached for each other's hand and lighly squeezed, even in death they remained together- this was their only consolation.

Eunji was then separated from Bomi, she wailed in desperation praying for her freinds safety but moments later she heard the piercing sound of a gun shot being fired. Unable to even stand, Eunji fell to the floor- she felt numb inside. She lost all control of her senses and was left hopelessly on the ground until someone picked her up and took away her blindfound.

Meter away, the masked man held the gun pointed right at her.

Boom, and it was fired...

Every cell in her body reeled in shock at the immediate assault of the bullet and she could do little but fall forward from the shock that had just passed through her body. Her sight grayed to a pinpoint until everything had completely blackened around her.