Chapter 01

CARPE DIEM

 

She looks at the tattoo she have in her forearm. She slid her thumb onto it. She heaves a sigh and look at the sky where the strong rays of sun is hitting her milky skin.

 

Then suddenly a tear slid down on her face. Thinking that a week from now and she’ll be back in Korea after 10 years of studying in Canada.

 

It has also been 10 years since she last saw him, since she heard his voice, since the day she never wanted to leave him but she was left with no choice but to choose the path her parents decided for her, because she is not the kind of daughter who will argue with her parents. She always does what her parents tell her because she believes that it’s for her own good.

 

 

She steps outside of the airport and breathe in the air she never breathed for 10 years. She looks from her left to right then she took off her sunglasses and call for a cab.

 

After almost an hour of riding the cab she already reaches the apartment building she used to live. Not to mention that it’s the apartment building where her and his family used to live.

 

Minseo wondered if he still lives on the next door. She wondered if the way he looks changed or does he even remember her.

 

So, after cleaning the room and fixing her things she took the courage to knock on the door of the room he used to live when they were young.

 

At her 3rd knock someone opens the door.

 

"Ah. Annyeonghaseyo." While bowing.

 

"Neh. Annyeonghaseyo. What do you need?" The man says.

 

"Ah. Ahjussi, sorry for disturbing you, but by any chance do you know Yong Junhyung?" Just by saying his name again, she felt a pang on her heart that makes her look down.

 

"Yong Junhyung? Oh! The member of a well-known group nowadays! What is the name of the group again........ ah!! BEAST! My daughter is a fan of that group." The words came out from the man who is full of excitement.

 

"Eh? Oh maybe they just have the same name, by the way, thank you ahjussi, and sorry for stealing your time." Minseo bows gain and goes back to her room. She lives alone now because her family insisted to stay in Canada, but Minseo really wanted to work in Korea.

 

She’s feeling so bored so she opens the Television. She saw a group performing "Because I’m shadow shadow shadow"

 

"Gaah! What a song! So gloomy." Out of irritation she turns off the television.

 

She never like any kpop groups, she likes English songs more than Korean songs.

 

After 3 days since she came back to Korea she already got the urge to find for a job because 2 days before she got a call from an old friend saying that her company is hiring for make-up artist and fashion designer because she took up fine arts and cosmetology in Canada so it’s the perfect timing and opportunity for her.

 

After taking the subway there she stands in front of the company named "CUBE ENTERTAINMENT" based on what she researched last night it’s a big company handling various well known Kpop group. Even if Minseo doesn’t like any kpop group but she doesn’t mind it because she already needs a job for her living.

 

She enters the company and busy looking for the HR office so she did not saw the man running into him, their shoulder bump to each other and the envelope she’s holding flew away from her hand.

 

The man stopped in his tracks and bow down to get the envelope.

 

Meanwhile Minseo just stood there like a lifeless human being freezing in cold while formed an "O" shape.

 

Her gaze were fixed in the man’s arm, his forearm where the words "Carpe Diem" was inscribed.

 

Her heart shattered more into pieces and she felt her eyes becoming hotter and anytime soon her tears will fall down when somebody shouts

 

"Yah! Yong Junhyung! Ppalli!!"

 

"Oh. Sorry again." The man said while handing out the envelope for her. Before she could say a word, the man runs out so fast.

 

That was the tattoo they both decided to have 11 years ago when they were still 15 years old.

 

"Carpe Diem" which means "Seize the day" because they promised each other to enjoy each and every day that they were together.