Chapter 3

The New Kid

The next few weeks past without any trouble from Daehyun while you and Youngjae got closer, if that was even possible. 

 

'Ae Jin-iee, can you go hang out with me tomorrow after school?' Youngjae has been calling you that for some time. Say yes yes yes.

 

'My name is Jin Ae, not Ae Jin. And don't we hang out together everyday after school?'

 

'I know. That's going home together, not hanging out. Ae Jinnn, tomorrow hang out pleaseee?'

 

'Why should I go out with you tomorrow? Where do we meet?' Hopefully he'll not notice the contradiction oops.

 

'Did you just bipolar me?' Crap. Youngjae looked at you like you just got knocked on the head. 

 

'I'll take it that you're taking back your offer then.'

 

Huh? 'No!' You looked at him. What? 'Go out with me tomorrowww Ae Jin-ieeeee.'

 

'I already asked you for the details, if you were here like two minutes ago?' 

 

'After school, the movies and ice cream?' 

 

'Deal!' 

 

 

 

'Jin! Tomorrow the usual?' You looked at Mark. Youngjae turned to him too. 

 

'The usual?' What day is it tomorrow? I feel so loved all of a sudden.

 

'See! I told you she won't remember! I bet she made plans with Jae already!' Jackson screamed at Mark. What? What?

 

'Wait. What? Yeah I'm going out with Youngjae tomorrow. But why? What's wrong with tomorrow?'

 

'14 February Jin.' Mark was not angry, as though he had already expected it. 

 

'14 February? Huh?' You stared back at them. No wonder she agreed readily, she didn't even remember the day tomorrow. 'Oh, OH... Crap, I forgot about it. Maybe we four can hang out together tomorrow?' Youngjae stared at you while you looked at Mark and Jackson.

 

'It's okay Jin! The usual is okay, we can finally spend some quality time together. Ya know, me and Jackson? So you can go on with your date with Jae. Have fun though!' Mark saw the look on Youngjae's face and had already expected it. 

 

'No, but the usual? I'm so sorry I totally forgot.' You looked at Mark.

 

'It's really okay Jin! You can't hang out with both of us every Valentine's Day for forever. We understand. And! Jackson and I, really need some time together.' 

 

'Okay then...'

 

Mark walked over to Youngjae and patted his shoulder, whispering,'You're welcome Jae. You can thank me over lunch someday. Meanwhile, don't do anything funny tomorrow. All the best!' He winked at Youngjae, again. 

 

'Thanks!' 

 

, I forgot that it's Valentine's tomorrow. Looks like I'll have to visit the market after I reach home. 

 

 

 

'Youngjae, umma is going out. You would like to move away from the door.'

 

'Who says I'm at the door?' You looked through the peephole and made sure he was a distance away before stepping out.

 

'Says me.' You hung up. Finally, a day without getting shocked out of my wits the moment I opened the door. 'Happy Valentine's Day Youngjaeee!' You handed him a small wrapped box which he eyed. 'What?'

 

'There's a gift for me?' Youngjae can't help but to be touched by it. 

 

'Yeah, and everyone else. Stop being stupid. Let's go.' You started pushing him towards the street as he realised that you had an extra bag with you which he assumed was the gifts for the rest. And I thought I was special. 'Jaeee, where's my gift?' 

 

'What gift?' He did not even look at you while you continued heading to school. You were about to lash out on him when he added. 'Of course I'll give it to you, later.' You eyed his bag which was the one he usually brought around and after seeing its contents for a million times, you knew it would not fit anything close to a gift. Fine, it's not White Day afterall. 

 

 


'I'm going to go give Jinyoung and Jae Bum Oppa their chocolates, meet you back at the lecture theatre?' You asked Youngjae as you entered the school compounds.

 

'It's okay, I'll follow you.' You looked at him. 'I just don't feel like suffering from Jackson's weirdness alone' And I want to see if they get any extras in their gifts. 

 

'Pshhh.'

 


Jae Bum was annoying the out of Jin Young as he spent his entire time staring at the door since the time he stepped in without responding to anything happening around him.

 

'Jae Bum can you seriously do something about this.' Jin Young pointed at the forming stack of Jae Bum's gifts on his table which Jae Bum does not want to claim as he kept his table empty. 'I don't have space for mine!’ And as expected, Jae Bum did not even spare him a glance. Is she not coming? 'You're such an , even if she comes, she wouldn't give anything to you.'

 

Jae Bum finally listened but did not move his eyes away from the door. 'Then who would she give it to?'

 

'Me?' Jin Young was getting speechless by his actions. 'I'll see what you will do if she doesn't even come this year.'

 

Just then, Jae Bum saw you poke your head into the room and quickly got himself occupied with, his phone. 'There's nothing in your phone Jae Bum.' Jin Young sighed. Why is he doing this anyway? 

 

You looked around for a while until you finally saw them. 'They're here already! I'll be back quick!' You told Youngjae and zoomed towards their seats. What's with the mountain of gifts on Jin Young Oppa's table? Jae Bum Oppa's table is empty though. 

 

'Jinyoung Oppa! Jae Bum Oppa!' You silently exclaimed and they looked up at you. Why did she call my name second?

 

'Hey Jin Ae!' Jin Young smiled at you as usual, while Jae Bum barely glanced at you. 

 

'Happy Valentine's Day! Hope you like it!' You passed Jin Young his chocolates which he gladly received while you reach out to pass Jae Bum his, yet he did not move.

 

'You can just put it here Jin Ae! Ignore him.' Jin Young glared at Jae Bum before placing it beside the mountain nearer to Jae Bum. That's when you realized when the mountain of gifts were not only Jin Young's but also Jae Bum's and can't help but to be depleted. 

 

'Jae Bum Oppa and Jin Young Oppa sure have a lot of gifts!' You were hoping that for once, Jae Bum would at least look at you, but no such luck. Crap, she noticed.

 

'Yeah haha. By the way, you with the usual after school today?' Jin Young asked you. This would make him listen to her. Hah.

 

'Oh! Nope, Youngjae asked me yesterday to go with him today, so Mark and Jackson are hanging out by themselves later.'

 

'Awww, so sweet.' Jin Young winked at you while Jae Bum tried hard not to kill anyone as he kept his unfazed expression. 

 

'It's not that Oppa! And I need to go already! Bye Jin Young Oppa! Bye Jae Bum Oppa!' Just then, Youngjae stuck his head in to look for you which all three of you saw, to Jae Bum's horror. He was waiting for her?

 

'Enjoy your time with Youngjae!' Jin Young exclaimed and gave a thumbs up sign to Youngjae. Once you were out of sight, he turned back to look at Jae Bum, who was still occupied with his phone. 'I can't believe she even said bye to you.' 

 

'The 'Awww, so sweet' and 'Enjoy your time with Youngjae' AND the thumbs up were totally unnecessary.'

 

'Isn't Jackson and Mark so cute together? If not what, have an unpleasant date?' Jin Young cared less about Jae Bum as he unwrapped the box you gave him. 'Wooooo, carddddd.' With that, Jae Bum immediately unwrapped his and also found a card.

 

Jae Bum Oppa! Happy Valentine's Day!
Thank you for everything :)
Hope the chocolates suit your taste! :)
- Jin Ae

 

What? That's all? Jae Bum found Jin Young smiling right next to his face as he stared at his card. 'Wow. Nice card you have there.' Jae Bum immediately snatched Jin Young's card and read it.

 

Jin Young Opparrr xD Happy Valentine's Day!
Thank you for everything you have done for me, even if it's the tiniest and most meaningless things. :D
Hope that you like the chocolates! (No, you shall love the chocolates) (Coz I made it) (That's the only reason needed for you to love it) (xP) You're welcome!
Enjoy your day! (I bet you have a date for today xD Treat her well!)
- your nicest cutest awesomest hoobae ever, Jin Ae xD

 

'Don't you dare rip it, Im Jae Bum. And look, she even asked me to treat you well.' Jin Young said as Jae Bum started glaring at the card. 'It's your fault okay, you are the one acting like a jerk to her, be thankful that she's kind enough to even greet you, gift you handmade chocolates, write a card, and even say bye even when you did not acknowledge her existence the entire time.'

 

'She's going out with that Youngjae guy.'

 

'Because HE ASKED HER OUT and YOU DID NOT?' Jin Young wanted to knock some sense into Jae Bum right on the spot.

 

'They just met.' 

 

'Im Jae Bum if you don't get your together I'm going to kill you.' Jin Young was tired of Jae Bum's attitude and pushed all his stuff onto his table. 

 

After a moment of silence, Jae Bum finally spoke again. 'Okay, I'll do it. I'll do it on White Day.' One month should be enough to 'get my together'. Unless that Youngjae comes along and destroys my plan.

 

'As long as you do it.'