Chapter 2

The New Kid

'Bye Umma!' You shouted as you made your way to your shoes. Just then, your phone started to ring. Choi Youngjae. 

 

'Hello?'

 

'Where are you?'

 

'At home?'

 

'Yeah, I know.'

 

'What?' You looked at your phone as you wore your shoes. It was indeed Youngjae but sounded like a prank call. 

 

'What time are you coming to school?' 

 

'Now?' You opened the door and nearly screamed when you knocked into Youngjae. 

 

'Hey Jin Ae!' Youngjae smiled at you as he kept his phone.

 

'Morning? What are you doing here?'

 

'Waiting for you to go to school together?' 

 

'Did you wait for long?' You can't help but to be happy that he came.

 

'Nope, I just arrived.'

 

'You don't have to come actually. We can just see each other in school.'

 

'I felt like seeing you earlier. And it would be lonely to go to school alone.' You smiled. This guy is funny.

 

 


You were heading towards the class when you noticed the gang heading in your direction. As usual, you tried to avoid them by moving to the side. Just that this time, you were not left unseen. 

 

'Look, how cute, the new kid is hanging out with my little Jin Ae.' Daehyun said as he stopped beside you with his gang and patted your head while you froze on spot and Youngjae glared at him. How did he know my name? Youngjae was trying hard not to be disturbed by the fact that he just called you his. It was not a long time since he knew you but he knew that you did not have much friends in school so far. How did he know you? Youngjae held onto you as he saw that you were shocked while he continued to glare at Daehyun.

 

'What do you want?' Youngjae stood in front of you, preventing Daehyun from getting closer.

 

'I saw you there at our mini show yesterday. Why didn't you come to the front? You would have had a better view.'

 

'Excuse me, can you please leave?' Youngjae was going to explode anytime. 

 

'Jin Ae ahhh, don't hang out with this kid over here okay, Oppa ask that of you.' He totally ignored Youngjae standing between you and stretched out his hand to pat you again but Youngjae grabbed onto it. At that moment, Daehyun's sidekicks stepped forward and you could feel that something bad was going to happen. You grabbed onto Youngjae's shirt and he let go of Daehyun. 'Now that's a good girl.' With that, he walked away, leaving you still holding onto Youngjae.

 

'Jin Ae, you okay?' Youngjae bent down in front of you and looked at you. 

 

You stared at him now that he was at your eye level. 'How did he know my name?' It was your first encounter with Daehyun yet he sounded as though he knew you, and you were creeped out. 

 

You were frozen on the spot and Youngjae was also freaking out. 'Jin Ae?' Youngjae held onto your hand and started to lead you to the lecture theatre. 

 

'It was the first time I actually was there when they were harming someone yesterday. They can't possibly know me.' You were trying to stay calm. You always stayed out of their path in fear of getting into trouble. And somehow this happened. 

 

'Maybe they just happen to know your name? It's just part of their plan to go around scaring people. Don't worry too much about it. I'll not let them do anything to you.' He pushed you towards your seat as you started to grab a hold of yourself.

 

'Thank you for just now, I think I kinda just freaked out.'

 

'Yeah I kinda realised that.' You looked at Youngjae and he smiled at you.

 

'Hey!' You smacked his arm.'Don't copy me.'

 

'I did?' Youngjae started taking out his notebook. 

 

You were about to hit him again when someone shouted your name into your ear and you fell towards Youngjae in shock, banging your elbow in the process. 'JIN AHHHHH' Youngjae quickly helped you up while you rubbed your elbow.

 

'You okay?' You nodded at him and turned back to see Jackson laughing at you with Mark behind him. Seeing that they just casually dumped their bags on the seats on the side Youngjae was not at, for a moment he thought that they were here to bully you.

 

'Hey you injured her! Jin you okay?' Mark noticed your elbow and pushed Jackson away. 

 

'Yeah.'

 

'Did something happen?' You looked at him. How did he know?

 

Youngjae was feeling out of place with these random guys poppin out of no where and being seemingly friendly with you. 'Nothing.' You looked away, and started getting occupied with your elbow.

 

'This guy in his gang confronted her just now.' You immediately stared at Youngjae.

 

'Yah!' 

 

'Am I not suppose to tell them? They look trustable though.' And maybe it'll be better with more help protecting you. If they are your friends that is. 

 

'Who's that? Never mind, that can take longer. Gang as in Daehyun's?' Mark sat down next to you. 

 

'Hey! That's my seat! Who's that next to you Jin? You guys look cute together.' Jackson was being really unsensitive and Mark flung his bag away. Youngjae can't help but to smile in satisfaction at Jackson's comment.

 

'Yeah. It's nothing much actually.' You stepped onto Youngjae's feet as you answered Mark. 

 

'Fine, if you say so. To cheer you up, Jackson fell into the drain on the way here. It was dry though unfortunately.' You looked at Jackson and saw that his pants were slightly ripped.

 

'Yah! How could you! You exploited our friendship for her happiness!' Jackson pretended to gasp in shock as he grabbed onto his shirt. You and Youngjae started laughing. This Jackson guy is wierd.

 

'So who's that guy next to you?' Mark looked at Youngjae.

 

'I'm Youngjae, Choi Youngjae. I just came in here yesterday.' He extended his hand out to Mark and they shook hands while you stared at them. Formal much?

 

'Mark, I'm Jin's good friend. And this is Jackson.'

 

'And I'm Jin's boyfriend. Jin heart Jackson.' Jackson said as he pointed at himself and did a heart shape. Youngjae quickly closed his mouth before anyone realized that he was stunned.

 

'What? Jackson can you scram off.' You said as Mark smacked Jackson in his face. 

 

'Sorry, he's always like this. Don't worry. Jin isn't taken. Yet.' Mark said to Youngjae. 'So you better be quick.' He did not just wink at Youngjae oh god. 

 

'Guys. Erm, I'm right here ya know.' You cleared your throat.

 

'Oh by the way Jin, sorry bout yesterday. We overslept and someone just decided not to come so yeah. Looks like you found great company and we'll have more time to ourselves then. Enjoy!' Mark placed his arm on Jackson's shoulder.

 

'Awww, our Jin-ie is all grown up already.' Jackson sniffed as he wiped his imaginary tears away.

 

You sighed as you looked at Youngjae. 'Ignore them, they're just wierd.'

 

'Not any less weirder than you.' He poked your arm. At least they are not interested in her. And they kinda gave me their approval? I'm starting to sound like her haha.

 

'Hey. I'm not weird okay.'

 

'Interesting. Tell me more.' 

 

Just when you were about to hit him, the lecturer came in and the room grew silent. 'Choi Youngjae. You're gonna get it later.'

 

Ouch

 

 


'Jin Ae are you mad?' The lesson was soon over and you decided to ignore Youngjae. 

 

'Not going for lunch?' Mark asked you as he stood up to leave.

 

'Nope! See you!' You smiled at him while you got back to your work.

 

'Let's just leave this two kiddos alone. She won't appreciate us anymore.' Jackson pushed Mark out as he stuck out his tongue at you.

 

'Jin Ae are you maddd?' You ignored him. 'Jin Jin Jin Jin Jin Jin Jin Jin Aeeeee' He was pouting as he repeatedly poked you.

 

'Stop it.'

 

'No. Unless you're not mad. JIN JIN JIN JIN-'

 

'Okay fine stop it.' He was annoying you and you could not concentrate with his voice playing over and over again next to you. 

 

'Lunch?'

 

'What?' You looked at him.

 

'Are you du-' You glared at him. -mb.  'Let's go have lunch Jin Aeee, I'm hungry.'

 

'Don't you dare try to insult me.' 

 

'Yes m'am.' Youngjae silently cheered as he pushed you towards the cafeteria.

 

 

 


Both of you got your food and went to join Mark and Jackson at their table. 'Oh look our little lovebirds are here.' 

 

'Jackson, we just met yesterday. And he is super mean to me.' You did not notice Youngjae smiling to himself.

 

'No! I didn't do anything to her.'

 

'Look at you guys, already bickering like a couple. So sweet.' Jackson clasped his hands together and looked afar dreamily. 

 

'Oh god.' You sighed as Mark and Youngjae laughed.

 

'Youngjae, you might not want to anger her though.' Mark whispered to Youngjae when you were right between them.

 

'Yeah, I kinda just realized that.' Youngjae nodded at Mark and you stared at him while both guys broke into laughter. 

 

'Stop it!' And with that all of them went silent and you could finally eat in peace.

 

Not long later, you felt someone poked you and you looked at Youngjae. 'What?' He pointed at his plate and you smiled when you see his peas forming 'sorry'. 'Don't play with your food.' You were surprised and also happy and Youngjae was glad to see you happy again. 'Childish.'

 

'Anything for you.' You smiled again while Jackson and Mark was nudging each other and smirking at you guys which you and Youngjae of course did not realize. 

 

 


'Jin Ae is with that new kid again. Haha. They look quite cute together.' Jin Young saw you from another table and told Jae Bum. 'Want to go say hi?'Jae Bum looked over at you without saying anything. 'Fine, I don't get what's wrong with you though.'

 

 

 

[A/N]  Firstly, I'm sorry if this isn't much longer than the first chapter. And hope it's not that boring heh xD Comments comments please! :😱