The Hyde

A Demon's Confession

You sit on the roof of your apartment building. You look over the cityscape, as night falls. The door opens, and closes. You glance at the longhaired male, and sigh.
"Hello Taekwoon," you whisper, as he walks to you.
"What happened?" He asks, sitting to face you. You exhale, and shrug.
"Bad day," you admit. You see his eyes widen for a moment, and harden again.
"I hate people sometimes," you confess, and he nods. You stand, and shake your head.
"You could respond," you suggest, as he stands as well.
"Sorry," he whispers. Taekwoon grabs your hands, and run his fingers over the promise ring he gave you.
"I'm a listener, not a talker," he whispers, and you laugh lightly.
"I know," you admit, and he gives a small smile.
"I love you," Taekwoon states, and you smile.
"I love you, too," you reply. He kisses your lips.
Hands stop intertwining, feet shuffle, edges crumble.
You fall. Weight seems nonexistent. You scream, as you pass floor after floor of the building. Something black passes you. You close your eyes.
It all stops, something holds you. You feel moment upward, and hear the flapping of wings.
You open your eyes, and see his mass of hair.
"Don't do that ever again," he begs, flying you both to the roof.
"What?" You whisper. He lands, away from the edges. He remains quiet.
"What are you?" You whisper, looking over him. His shirt is ripped. You would assume it torn from the large, night-colored wings.
"My kind has been called many things," he whispers, looking to the sky.
"When? Why?" You question. He turns to you, and shakes his head.
"My parents," he whispers. You become confused.
"Aren't they-?"
"Dead? Yes. Secrets are revealed after death," he whispers. You stand by him.
"What did they do?" You ask, and he shrugs.
"Had me. There can only be one with wings at a time. It was my father. When he died, I felt it. I felt these. I felt pain," he explains. He winces, and you grab his hands.
"I know what you are," you whisper, and he scoffs.
"What? Inhuman, abnormal, a freak," he whispers, his eyes water slightly.
"Brave, loving," you tell, kissing his lips. "My guardian angel."
You look into his eyes. He shakes his head with a smile.
"I think I like that one the best."

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: this is my weakest and shortest one. How does every saturday sound? Credit to the owner of the picture. Please tell me who you want next. (-<) <3 ^_^