Final

Oblivious to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was once again walking through the hallways alone. Why alone? Well I don’t have any friends here.

After my family moved I had to change schools. The only person I knew was my neighbor’s son, but even after six months of being neighbors we never spoke a word.

Sure we had the same classes and all but nobody really paid attention to me. I was just plain, vanilla. I didn’t grab anybody’s attention. I was just the outcast of the school. Yet my crush was the total opposite.

He was part of the flower boy group called Infinite. They excelled in almost all classes. They were well known, to make it simple, they were popular. Every girl wanted to date them. Really few did actually get the chance to do so, but they were popular as well. They were beautiful and I was just a plain Jane.

I would never get a chance to date him. So I just settled by admiring him from afar.

-----

“Ms. Ahn I need to speak with you after class.” The teacher said as he opened his book to start the lesson.

The class started making sounds as if I were in some kind of trouble. I just kept quiet and continued reading my book. It’s not like they know who I am.

Class flew by quickly. I didn’t even notice until the teacher called me.

Once I was standing in front of his desk he started talking. “Ms. Ahn, if I recall correctly you asked me for some extra credit to improve your grade earlier this week.” I just nodded my head.

“Well I will need you to tutor a classmate of yours. If he passes the midterm you will get fifteen points added to your lowest grade. How does that sound?”

“It sounds good sir.” I whispered. I wasn’t fond of talking with people I didn’t really know, even if that was my own teachers. The only people who I could freely talk to were my parents and my cousin.

“Okay then, I will give him your address. Expect him to be there around four, is that fine with you?”

“Yes sir.”

I wondered who that person might be. All I knew was that it was a boy and he was in my class.

I planned everything in my mind. I would just ask him what he had trouble with and print out assignments. That way I wouldn’t have to talk that much.

The only talking I would have to talk is when I had to. No necessary chit chat just how I liked it.

-----

I was cleaning the living room when I heard a knock at the door. I checked my watch to see what time it was. Four thirty it said. It probably was my classmate who got lost on his way.

I went to open the door and I was greeted by the handsome face of my neighbor, Sungyeol. Was I going to tutor him?

“This idiot here thought I was his tutor but he got the address wrong.”

“Ya don’t address me like that, I’m your hyung.  And it wasn’t my fault that both of you live next to each other. I was happy that my friend was going to help me but it turns out is his neighbor.” I looked at the boy who was speaking. It was Myungsoo. I felt disappointed that it wasn’t Sungyeol who I was going to teach but what could I do.

“I’m leaving.” Sungyeol said as he turned to go back to his house. I just nodded.

“Umm, sooo yeaaaaaah... I... umm.... Should I come in?” Myungsoo gave me a shy smile. I nodded once again. I didn’t want to speak unless it was necessary.

I turned around and started heading up the stairs towards my room. Myungsoo followed me as he said unnecessary comments about my house.

“Your room is very neat, I like it.” He said as he sat down on my bed. “So, where do we start?”

I took out a piece of paper and gave it to him. “Write down with the things you have trouble with. You can leave after that. I will gather worksheets that will help you.”

“I thought we were going to get to know each other so you could help me more.”

“I don’t understand why we need to socialize when I just need to teach you.”

“Awww come on. Don’t be all mean? Be friendlier.”  To be honest his smile was contagious but I didn’t let it show.

-----

“Okay, so basically I have to subtract the five then add it to the other side then divide it by the least common number which is seven, right?”

“Yes, that’s correct.”

“Awesome.” He exclaimed. “Now time for my reward.” We had made a deal. Every time he would get ten problems right in a row he would get to ask me a question about myself.

I have become more relaxed around him. I smile and even laugh at his lame jokes.

“Let’s go get some ice cream.” He smiled as he pulled me by the hand.

We went to the nearby shop and took a seat. “Wait here, I’ll go order.”  He left to order our ice creams.

I then took the time to look around the shop that’s when I saw Sungyeol at the corner of the shop sharing a drink with a girl.

I wished that my stupid crush would have disappeared but it hasn’t. I still liked him no matter what.

I hadn’t noticed that I was staring at him until he looked up and look straight into my eyes. I quickly looked away.

He was out on a date. I felt my heart break. Even though I knew I could neve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter