Chapter 8

Being With The Ice Prince (Sequel of Dealing With The Ice Prince)

Shereen threw herself into her bed. It felt so comfortable that she was reluctant to even get off it to wash up. The fashion show earlier was successful but the day was sure a long one. She had been worn out from classes that morning and the fashion show in the afternoon just summed up into a long exhausting day.

Shereen forced her eyes open when she heard a sound from her phone. An incoming call from an unknown number.

“Yoboseyo..” She answered in a fatigued tone.

“Shereen ah. This is Kai oppa.”

“Ooo oppa. This is your new number?”

“Nae, make sure you save it. Anyway, why do you sound so tired?”

“How can I not? I had classes in the morning and show in the afternoon.” She anwered as a matter of fact.

“I see. Then I’ll just make this quick so you can rest. Shereen ah could you do me a favor?”

“What favor?”

“Could you please help to gather all those kids tomorrow so I can surprise them?” Kai asked in an expectant tone.

Shereen blinked at the other’s question before she replied “ I thought you had planned everything?”

“I did but since you have known my come back it’ll be easier if you help me to gather them.”

“Then I’ll just pretend like I know nothing about this oppa. You continue with your original plan.” She teased, imagining the other’s expression at that moment.

“Princess, my lovely dongsaeng, gorgeous model could you please help your oppa? I desperately need your help. It saves very much time.” He pled, his tone sounded desperate indeed.

Shereen cringed at the nicknames he gave her. Well, they were cheesy even her boyfriend never used those kinds of nicknames to address her and shereen was sure he would never did, in the past, present, and in the future. She mentally scolded herself when the image of Young Jae popped up in her mind as soon as ‘gorgeous model’ was mentioned. The male always addressed her as such, almost in their every coincidental meeting. Yes, it was coincidental because shereen never even bothered about his presence moreover went to look for him but they would always meet at the end. Well, either it was coincidental or because Young Jae was the one that searched for her but shereen herself was totally sure that it was the former.

“Princess?” Shereen snapped out of her thought as she came to realize that the line was still connected somehow.

“You never bother to ask me whether I’m busy tomorrow?” She asked again as if testing the other’s patience because it was undeniable that she just loved to tease, well a small revenge for all those teases that he had ever did to her.

“For God’s sake, tomorrow is public holiday dongsaeng. That’s why I choose tomorrow. I get the perfect timing planned.”

Shereen smacked her forehead, silently scolding herself.

“Well you have no more excuse then I’ll take it as a yes. Then.. see you tomorrow. I’ll text you the address and time. Go rest now. You sounded really tired earlier. I’m hanging up now. Goodnight princess.” He talked so fast leaving shereen no chance to respond.

Shereen shook her head at the other’s act. The whole EXO surely had one similarity, playful personality. Swiftly, she scrolled her phone to dial the phone numbers of the EXO members that stayed in Korea. She was greeted by excited tone everytime her call was picked up and shereen couldn’t deny that she missed them as much. Even though they stayed within the same country, each one of them was busy with his own activites that they could rarely meet. Even if they did so, not everyone would be able to be present but since the next day was public holiday everyone could make it and shereen smiled at the thought of the upcoming reunion.

The awaited day finally came. Shereen and Kai were already in the restaurant where they all had promised to gather at. They made sure to arrive earlier than the others.

“Oppa, so you’ll just appear all of a sudden in front of them?” She asked, her eyes were looking around, being aware in case one of EXO had arrived.

“Yeah.. You just prepare to see their reactions. They’ll be damn happy that I come.” He said confidently, his hand tapping his chest proudly.

“Oppa you’re so boring. What kind of surprise is that?” Shereen asked as she tilted her head to look at the other.

“A cool person like me doesn’t need to plan a dramatic surprise. They will all be touched just by my presence.”

“We’ll see.” Shereen shrugged her shoulders, giving up to argue with him any further.

“Oppa, chanyeol oppa’s coming.” Shereen’s eyes widened as she spotted a familiar tall figure by the entrance. Quickly, she shoved Kai towards the opposite direction and waved at chanyeol as soon as she made sure Kai was already nowhere to be seen.

“Shereen ah.. you come here alone? Where’s sehun?” Chanyeol asked once he gave shereen a hug.

“Appa asked me to bring something to him earlier so I told sehun that I’d just come here by myself after dropping by appa’s office.” She lied, making sure to look as indifferent as possible. Chanyeol nodded at her statement, not showing any sign of suspicion.

One by one of EXO arrived and everyone had already been present. Chanyeol, Lay, Xiumin, DO, Tao and sehun. Shereen tapped her feet impatiently, wondering when Kai decided to appear. They had already been in the middle of their meal yet he was still nowhere to be spotted.

Just as she was about to grab her phone to text him “Hello everyone!!”

There stood the male, posing in what he believed was a cool manner, leaning against the wall, folding his arms, wearing a designer sunglasses as he looked at his friends.

Shereen tore her gaze from the male to look at the other’s reactions. It was silent. They just blinked as if wondering what on earth was wrong with the figure standing right before their eyes. Shereen herself was confused by the reactions shown which turned out to be a total opposite from what Kai had predicted. Well, it’s not like she believed in his words totally but at least there ought to be some reactions right? Her confused look turned into a giggle as she bit down on her lower lip to surpress her laughter once she took a look at now panic Kai, standing straight as he took his sunglasses off.

“I’m back… buddies.” That was all he managed to say as he eyed the expression each of his friends showed.

Sehun was the first to stand up and approach him. But instead of welcoming him in a friendly hug, he dragged the elder into a headlock “Yah!!! Why didn’t you tell us you’re coming back?”

Kai yelped as he continuously slapped sehun’s hands as a desperate attempt to make him stopped.

“What the hell oh sehun? You’re going to choke me to death.” He managed to say in between his yelp.

Shereen giggled at her sight. She knew them very well that what they were doing was their own way to show their affection to each other.

“Sehun ah.. stop it.” Chanyeol finally uttered.

“Hyung.. gomawo. Yah maknae how dare you treat me like..” Kai was cut off midsentence when he heard chanyeol saying “ Yah kim jong in, you come here. It’s my turn.”

Another yelp escaped Kai’s mouth as soon as he felt himself dragged for another headlock. This time by chanyeol.

“Hyung hyung. I can’t breathe.” That was the time when chanyeol finally withdrew his hands and Kai quickly ran to shereen’s side knowing that he couldn’t trust his other hyungs as they were now looking at him, stretching their arms as if getting ready to do the same thing to him.

“Shereen ah, help me.” He uttered as he clung his arm into shereen’s.

“Shereen ah just knock his head.” This time it was Lay who spoke up.

“Shereen ah, you’re on my side right?” Kai pled, clinging into her even more tightly.

“Of course not, kim jong in. Get your hands off my girl.” Sehun snapped, standing in between the two to widen their gap then intertwining his hand with shereen’s.

“Spill the beans. Why do you appear out of a sudden?” This time Xiumin scolded him.

“Seriously you have that habit of appearing without any notification. What are you? A ghost?” DO added.

“Actually I know about Kai oppa’s comeback.” Shereen spoke hesitantly, biting her lower lip as she eyed the other’s reactions.

“You tell shereen but not us?” Chanyeol glared at Kai.

“Nope actually, I accidentally met shereen at the fashion show yesterday and I got caught. Actually, I wanted to surprise her too…”

“What are you doing at shereen’s fashion show?” He was cut off by sehun’s abrupt question.

“To meet girlfriend.” It was shereen who replied instead.

“Whose girlfriend?” Lay asked, a blank look plastered on his face.

“Yah hyung!! Am I the type to look for someone else’s girlfriend?” Kai defensed himself, unable to believe the elder’s question.

“You’ve gotten yourself a girlfriend but you don’t tell us?” Tao asked in disbelief, his tone raising and his mouth hung open as he finished his question.

“Yah kim jong in so you’re basically coming back not for us but for a girl? What happen to bros before hoes?” Chanyeol glared at Kai, making him gulped from the other’s gaze.

“Geez guys, could you guys at least let me finish my explanation?” Kai finally spoke up, trying his best to maintain his self composure despite seeing the six other boys shooting daggers at him.

“Well, I admit that I requested my father to move back here because I’ve gotten myself a girlfriend who happens to be shereen’s colleague but I also think about you guys. Now that I’m back here we can meet more often isn’t that great?” He beamed brightly but made a straight face once he saw no reaction from the others.

“Come on guys. Don’t be mad. I apologize for not informing you guys because I just wanted to surprise you. I thought you guys would be happy to see me back.”

Shereen eyed the boys and noticed that Sehun and Tao had been exchanging somewhat meaningful look. Because Tao was sitting across her, it was easier to observe Tao than Sehun who was sitting just next to her. Tao was looking at the food then back to Kai, the food then back to Kai. Shereen caught from the corner of her eyes a smirk occurring on sehun’s face. She didn’t really get what it meant but she knew that the two were up to something. It was just confirmed when she saw Tao whispering something to Lay who was sitting beside him and from seeing Lay putting his fist in front of his mouth, Shereen knew that he was definitely trying to suppress his laughter.

“Alright, we forgive you. Honestly, we’re really happy that you’re back. How can we not? We’re brothers afterall, aren’t we?” Tao turned to Kai who beamed brightly as soon as he heard the other’s statement. Meanwhile, Lay was busy whispering to chanyeol and shereen believed that he was passing on what Tao told him earlier because chanyeol immediately looked down. Shereen believed that the male was laughing because his shoulders were shaking lightly.

“So since Kai is back here, why don’t we order more food to celebrate?” Sehun said as he waved to the waiter to ask him to bring the menu to their table.

“Great idea.” Kai uttered excitedly as he took a look at the menu just handed to him.

It had been three hours the group gathered. There had been long lines at the entrance since the restaurant was a popular one in Seoul. Shereen had several times caught the waiters eyeing their table so she looked around only to find that they were the ones staying there the longest. Even the ones that came later than them had left.

“Oppas, don’t you think that we must leave? There are long lines besides the waiters..”

Shereen was cut off midsentence when Chanyeol spoke up “ Kwenchanna. They aren’t asking ask to go, are they? They won’t anyway. They must recognize us.”

“Let’s order dessert.” Tao said, his lips as he saw the pictures of mouth-watering different kinds of dessert once he opened the menu.

“For God’s sake oppa this is the fifth time you order and you’re still not full?” Shereen asked in disbelief.

“I’m still growing I should eat more.” He answered casually.

“Me too. Give me the menu.” Chanyeol added.

Soon, all of the boys ordered and believe it or not the desserts finished not long after they were served. Shereen could just shake her head at the sight. EXO never changed though, always loved to eat and could hardly stop eating so she was still wondering until today how they managed to keep their perfect figures.

“You’re Tao right? Can I get your autograph? I enjoy your drama so much you’re soooo awesome.” A girl who looked like she was in her early-twenties came to approach the group and handed Tao a pen and a paper shyly.

Being the flirty Tao he was, he flashed the girl a wide smile before grabbing the pen and paper to sign on it, not forgetting to give the girl a wink before she walked away making her almost fell down if her friends didn’t catch her fast enough.

The other EXO refused to look, pretending to be occupied in the conversation. Tao had this narcissistic prince syndrome and that was exactly what made him loved his job as an actor so much. Woman from all ages were swooning over him thanks to his drama that had been a hit lately.

“Sehun ssi..”

Another girl came and this time all the boys were basically staring at her. Shereen had to admit that the girl was beautiful. Dimples formed on her face as she smiled and her long silky black hair was contrast to her pale skin while her attire accentuated her perfect curves. She sure was pretty and fashionable.

“Did we ever meet before?” Sehun asked, looking at the girl with his poker face.

“You probably don’t know me but we go to the same university. You major in business administration right? I am an art student. Since you rarely came to university, I couldn’t really see you often. Now that we meet here, can I get your number? I’ve been wanting to ask you but I can rarely meet you.” She said. Well, her voice was soft and nice. She probably sang well too.

Shereen looked onto her lap. All of a sudden, she felt so small, so incompatible to Sehun. She had been feeling it several times during their relationship but sehun always managed to convince her that she could always shrug her thoughts off after listening to his consoling words. But today when a beautiful girl appeared right before him, asking him for his phone number without even noticing her presence there made shereen somewhat hurt.

“I’m sorry but I don’t give my number to someone I don’t know.” Sehun uttered making the girl to frown slightly but she was sure persistent as she began to spoke up again “I promise I won’t give your number to anyone else.”

“What about my number instead?” Tao spoke and smiled causing the girl to finally turn to him.

“You’re Tao right? You’re really popular. I watch your dramas but… I’m here for sehun’s number.” She looked at him apologetically. Well, she sure was having a huge crush on sehun that she even refused an actor’s offer to give her his number.

A hurtful and disbelief look appeared on Tao’s face because this was the first time, the first time someone had ever rejected him.

“Why do you need my number?”

“I’m interested in you. You always catch my attention since I first saw you.” She answered boldly without even the slightest bit of hesitation. The other boys cleared their thoughts, trying hard to act busy among themselves, pretending not to hear the conversation.

“I’m sorry but I’m taken.” Sehun replied as he wrapped his arm around shereen’s waist, closing their bodies gap and shereen looked at him with wide eyes as she didn’t anticipate his reply to be so.

The girl narrowed her eyes at shereen, who was uncomfortable under her judging look, but somehow walked away as she witnessed how intimate sehun acted with the girl he claimed to be his girlfriend.

“You sure still like to break a girl’s heart huh? Just like in high school..” Kai nudged sehun’s side as he looked at the younger with a sly grin.

“Alright guys. I think we should leave now. The line is getting longer and we’ve been taking this large space. Self consciousness guys..” DO said as he shot up from his seat making the others followed right after.

“Wait.. the bill?” Kai asked as he eyed the others.

“You pay.” Tao snapped, making his ways towards the exit.

“Mwohh?? You eat the most.” Kai retorted but he was ignored as one by one walked past him.

“Thanks hyung.” Sehun was the only one answering as he tapped the other’s shoulder before walking with shereen hand-in-hand to follow his hyungs.

 

Poor Kai. But yeah there’s just the way EXO shows their affection to each other…kekke… The rest of EXO will appear in the upcoming chapters so no worries. And I’ve been reading comments about how you guys really wish for Kai to end up with Sora. Well, Kai has a girlfriend already now but no one knows what will happen in the future. Ooopss, what does it mean? Hope you like this chapter :)