CHAPTER 3: Giddy Feeling

Or So I Thought

F R E S H M A N   Y E A R

2nd Semester

[College]

 

 

“And that ends today’s lecture. Study well for the exam. I’ll see you all next week.”

 

Those words were like music to Kaila’s ears. It liked summoned her soul for she was dozing off for the past hour but she felt like electricity jolted her bones the moment her College English Professor bid his good bye. A round of loud chattering can now be heard inside the lecture hall. This was what she kind of disliked in her college life. Lecture classes located in big lecture halls filled with at least 150 students. Meaning a hundred and fifty students pushing each other, racing to make sure they get out of the door first. Plain. . Annoying. Ugh. College.

 

When at least half of the students from her class left, Kaila stood from her seat and started fixing her things when she felt a tap on her shoulder.

 

“So, you ready for next week’s exam?” said a familiar face.

 

“Oh, hi Demy!  Haven’t seen you when class started. And regarding your question, ugh. No. As if.” Kaila answered gloomily, yet she was happy to see her new found best friend since last semester,  when college started.

 

“Yeah, I was late. Anyway, are you that uninterested that you can’t even answer me in a coherent sentence?” Demy laughed at how her friend was acting. They were now out of the building and were walking back to their dormitory.

 

“It’s just that… the old man wants us to memorize the freaking lecture book. Ain’t nobody got time for that.” Kaila answered in all honesty which made her friend give out yet another round of laughter.

 

“Stop laughing. This is serious. I can’t fail this. This isn’t even a major subject.” Kaila said while giving her friend- who was still laughing at her- a hard stare.

 

“Would you take a chill pill? You said it yourself. This isn’t even a major subject. So don’t sweat. Plus, you have the weekend to study. That’s if… you would study. For I know…” Demy then looked at her friend knowingly not even bothering to continue her sentence.

 

“Yeah shut it, Demy.  You know I can’t study well at home since all I would ever want to do is relax and spend time with my family.” Kaila answered.

 

“Spend time with your family. Riiiiiight.” Demy responded dragging the “ayt” sound of the word right longer than necessary.

 

“What’s that ‘Riiiiight’ supposed to mean?” Kaila questioned, mimicking her friend’s certain way of talking.

 

“Oh. I don’t know. Jackson.” Demy answered, coughing in a weird way while inserting Jackson’s name here and there.

 

“What? What about him?” Kaila answered trying to feign innocence while suppressing the smile that was growing on her lips.

 

“Yiiiiii. So someone is excited to go home.” Demy then teased.

 

“Of course, I am. Being away from home for five days a week ain’t healthy for any girl who is me.” Kaila can’t help but smile widely when thinking about going home to her family, and also seeing a certain boy on the weekends.

 

“You’re blushing! Oh my gosh! Give me the deets! Noooowwww.” her friend inquired in a much excited manner.

 

“Hold your horses, Demy.” The girl looked at the latter and can’t help but blush thinking about what happened last night.

 

Kaila then continued smiling giddily, “It was nothing big actually. Just the normal chat.”

 

“You chatted with him again?! Who went first this time? Please tell me it was him.” Demy was now reciprocating the giddy smile on her best friend’s face.

 

“Yes. It was him.” Kaila answered, eyes smiling as well.

 

“Kyyaaaa! What did he saaaay?” her best friend answered with much enthusiasm.

 

“Nothing. It was quite a short chat actually. He just asked when was I going to come home.” Kaila responded with a smile.

 

“He asked you that again? Can you tell Jackson that he needs to step up his game? He can’t ask you that forever, you know. Ever since he started chatting you, what, 4 or 5 months ago, since you started the dorm life, that’s all he ever asks.” said Demy.

 

“Cut him some slack will you? Of course that’s what he’ll say. He’s just like an older brother, he’s concerned.” Kaila responded.

 

“Yeah. An older brother you have the hots on.” Demy responded then stuck out her tongue in a teasing way that resulted to her arm earning a good slap from her best friend.

 

“What else does he need to say then? Just in case you’re forgetting, he doesn’t like me the way I like...” Those words coming out of Kaila’s mouth just flowed without her permission. Thinking about it was weird enough let alone saying it out loud.

 

“Aww. There there.” Demy then started patting Kaila’s hair playfully.

 

“Can you not.” the latter tried to avoid her friend’s hands.

 

Demy gave out a laugh seeing how flustered Kaila was at the moment. Then she said “He likes you. Trust me. He does. He just doesn’t know it yet.”

 

Curious as to what her friend was saying Kaila questioned, “Really? As if. Jackson and I have known each other since I was in high school- a freshman to be exact. What year am I in now? I’m in college for goodness’ sakes and since then, nothing really changed.”

 

Kaila then looked at Demy, the latter signaling the former to continue talking. So Kaila continued, “To be honest, I shouldn’t be liking on him. He’s a straight-A player, a straight-A douche. I’ve seen his past girl friends- all of ‘em. And damn. I just know he’s not good for me, or to any girl to be honest. Not to mention he’s my brother’s best friend. That would be super awkward, you know?”

 

Demy was listening intently to her best friend’s rant, understanding the information given to her she then answered, “You know, you’re over thinking things. All I here is you denying the fact that you like him.”

 

“I don’t.”

 

“Yes, you do.”

 

“I most certainly do not-- mmmmfff mmmmffff” Kaila’s response was then muffled by Demy’s hand for the latter cannot handle anymore of Kaila’s denial. After a minute or two…

 

“Are you calm?” Demy asked trying to hold her laughter in, and was just answered by Kaila’s eye roll.

 

She then released her hold on her friend.

 

“Gee, Demy. Thanks for finally letting me breathe.” Kaila said sarcastically while wiping with a hanky.

 

“You’re welcome.” Her best friend replied with much sarcasm then continued, “But honestly though, Kaila. The way I see it, he’s making ‘the moves’ little by little. Just wait and see.”

 

“That’s the prob, Dems. I can’t just ‘wait and see’. I cannot like him.” Kaila answered.

 

“But you already do.” Demy winked at her best friend.

 

 

And with that, they parted ways.

 

Kaila’s head was now swimming with all the random thoughts, academic thoughts, and Jackson thoughts- no thanks to Demy. Hoping to clear all of that, since she’s already at her dorm, the girl decided to fix the stuff she was going to bring back home. Tomorrow is Friday, meaning she gets to go home! TGIF!

 

When she was about done, her facebook suddenly went off signaling a facebook friend has chatted her. Much to her delight, it was just the person she was waiting for.

 

 

8:15PM

Jackson: Hi Kaila!

8:16PM

Kaila: Hey! :)

8:20PM

Jackson: When are you coming home?

8:21PM

Kaila: Tomorrow. :)

8:25PM

Jackson: What time?

8:27PM

Kaila: Around 7 in the evening, I guess. Why?

8:29PM

Jackson: Oh. I see.. I might stop by at your place before I go to work.

8:30PM

Kaila: Aren’t you always there? :)

8:31PM

Jackson: Yeah, but you’re not.

^Jackson Wang is now offline^

 

The girl was left staring at her laptop for a good few minutes. Even though they have been talking to each other via facebook for the past few months, she still can’t absorb how well their relationship has been going. Much to her delight, it gets better and better as months pass by. It was like her being away, living in a dormitory and only going home only on the weekends, gave Jackson a wakeup call. Which the girl was very thankful for. Even though she misses home every day, she was thankful that she has to leave for there was a reason for Jackson to be able to talk to her.

 

Kaila kept twisting and turning on her bed. Too giddy to fall asleep, but then entered dreamland with Jackson in her thoughts.

 

What the was that Wang? I can’t understand you sometimes. But I am excited to see you again.

 


091514

HEEEY! OMG! This is total word vomit! I'm so sorry for not updating soon, un-edited work, and for the cliffy. kekeke. :3

But seriously, I am sorry for not updating soon. It has become hard for me to write recently because school has been a . School work is eating me alive. ohgahd. Plus all th other things I need to do. /3 But since I was online today, I decided to update! :)

This chapter is dedicated for my first subscriber InfiniteInfinitely <3 Even though, I'm kinda sleepy I decided to write this and dedicate this to you because I feel like I owe you something for being such a reactive reader since chapter 1. *cries rainbows* :3

Sorry if this is kinda boring or something. I feel like this every time I update. huhu. But still, I hope all of you enjoyed this chapter. Comment, Subscribe! Hearts hearts. <3

Awooou~

WofGirl