02

Pink Matter

BamBam had been taught since he was a child that opposites didn't go really well together, that it was something natural that had been going on since forever. With dogs and cats, and sweet and salty food, and the thing BamBam's parents were most concerned about, the rich and the poor. They reminded him he didn't belong with people who didn't share his own social status, and they did it every day. In breakfast, when the newspaper in his dad's hands wasn't the only thing that kept them apart and BamBam was too sleepy to say something. They did it on the dinners they used to have too, all fancy and wealthy and just annoying to their son, his mom with a cup of wine on her hand and an arrogant smile on her face, speaking about money and superiority and education she didn't seem to have at those moments. And BamBam would listen, most of the times, at least, but he'd never understand completely. 

One would thought the brunette, as the teenager he was, didn't follow his parents' orders because he wanted to be noticed, that he sneaked out of his house in the middle of the night just to receive attention of his never-available parents. But that wasn't the reason he did it, at least not the only one. BamBam tried really hard to be obedient, but he enjoyed discovering new things and meeting new people too. BamBam, always curious and hopeful, longed to see the world his parents didn't allowed him to see. And maybe that was the reason why he was where he was at that moment. With eyes and smile as wide as they could get, feet walking towards the building in front of him almost intentionally, just like the first time. 

BamBam finally felt at home, he thought of it as he sighed and the smell of wood and man lotion reached his nose. It wasn't because of the company's building - no, he didn't even work for them and dancing was just another hobby for him - BamBam definitely didn't think of the building as his home, but of Yugyeom, who was walking at him at that moment, with a smile as big as the one BamBam had, but more breathtaking, ravishing. Yugyeom was how being at home felt. 

And BamBam finally felt safe.

-

''Are you trying to tell me they really fought this time... like, seriously fought?'' Yugyeom asked BamBam, raising his eyebrows and fixing his shoes for the hundredth time in the day. 

''Yes! I'm telling you - I don't even know how everything happened.  I- was talking to Youngjae when it did. But I know JB was bothering Mark and Jinyoung asked him nicely to stop, you know... the usual.'' BamBam said, rolling his eyes in annoyment as he sat down next to Yugyeom.

''But this time... JB responded to Jinyoung in a... uh, rude kind of way. And Jackson answered back. Soon enough they were fighting.'' BamBam finished telling, his eyes focused in his school shoes as he did.

It was easy to say Yugyeom was confused, because one thing was that Jaebum's and Jackson's friendship had always been a rough one, putting it in some way, they were always scolding and insulting each other. And everyone knew that, it was normal and people were used to it. But a fight, and a real one, was just... different. 

''What did the rest of you do?'' Yugyeom questioned. 

''Well... Mark had to stop them.'' Bambam frowned, thinking deeply about it, ''And Jinyoung... he didn't do anything at all.'' 

''I'm worried about that... I mean, wasn't Jaebum supposed to be Jinyoung's best friend?'' Yugyeom asked, sighing afterwards.

''Things have changed a lot since you left, Yugyeomie,'' BamBam answered with a grimace. ''JB treated Jinyoung so... differently.'' He said, he still wore a frown in his face and seemed to be thinking about what had happened deeply. 

''But Jackson stood up for him, you know? And then he followed him, do you think this means something? I mean - do you think Jinyoung will be happy soon?''  

Yugyeom smiled at BamBam and his question, bringing one hand to his chin to think about it., ''Huh... I guess so. Maybe not as we think he will be.'' He said, getting up from the floor to stretch his body a little.

''So... what did Youngjae do?'' Yugyeom questioned, watching BamBam's reflection in the mirror roll his eyes and stand up.

''He was next to me, as always. Don't worry about it.'' BamBam responded, hating Yugyeom's over-protection at the moment. ''When will you stop treating me like a child?'' He pouted.

''When you stop being one.'' Yugyeom replied, pointing at his lips.

BamBam frowned, and then he stopped playing with his lips, ''I'm not a child! I-I'm actually older than you!'' He complained, raising his eyebrows.

Yugyeom didn't say anything, but nodded with a smirk in his lips and walked towards BamBam as he finished talking, only to pinch his arm and walk away.

''Ow! What was that for? It hurt!'' BamBam exclaimed, folding his arms in front of his chest. 

''See?'' Yugyeom kept smirking as he shook his head in dissappointment, ''So childish...''

BamBam couldn't do anything but open his mouth in shock, and indignant, he removed his arms from his chest and moved to pinch Yugyeom too. 

''Ah, Kunpimook!'' Yugyeom yelled, rubbing the hurt spot in his arm and glaring at BamBam with a frown.

''You poor baby...'' BamBam pouted, trying his best not to laugh.

Yugyeom just squinted his eyes, but nonetheless, smiled.

''Ah... you, punk...'' Yugyeom laughed, shaking his head again, ''Let's dance, alright?'' He suggested, walking towards the computer in the center of the dance room and playing the best song he had in his library.

-

Jackson sighed deeply, hiding the hair that was falling over his forehead under his snapback, and looked to his surroundings one more time, Jinyoung was nowhere to be seen. To say Jackson was angry was just an understatement - not with Jinyoung, but with Jaebum... and with himself. They both had been selfish and blind until that moment, and maybe Jaebum still was selfish and blind, but that had to change. Because he saw Mark's desperate look in his face, and Jinyoung's sad smile before he left, and he looked at himself and he looked at Jaebum and he decided he didn't like what he saw. Hell, he didn't even recognize himself, nor Jaebum, his best friend and maybe he hadn't the right to call him ''best friend'' anymore... Jackson didn't know, but he did know he had been an over the last few months and that had to change. Because maybe Jackson Wang was really an , and maybe he wouldn't stop being one in a lot of time, or maybe he would never stop being one, but he did worry about his friends. 

So there he was now, and the sun would hide soon and the stars would appear too, and Jinyoung was still nowhere to be seen.

Jackson squinted his eyes, as if that would help him to find his friend sooner, and closed them for the hundredth time in the day. How had he been such a stupid person? Such a bad friend? He couldn't understand why he had let his feelings ruin his friendship with Mark, and even more important, Jaebum, with who he had spent days and nights and years together. The moments he had lived with him were fading away and that hurt Jackson terribly, and more than anything that could ever hurt him.

Jackson covered his face with his hands, massaging it without much care - he shouldn't be thinking about those things at the moment, but in the fact that Jinyoung was probably feeling bad and that no one was next to him at that moment, and that Jackson wanted to be there with him, wherever he was right now... which was just a few meters away. 

The Hong Kong native didn't think twice before walking towards him, with a worried expresion in his face. What was Jinyoung doing in the bus stop?

''The bus to your house left already.'' Jackson said, looking down at Jinyoung, who only smiled.

''Uh... I- already know that, Jackson. But thanks, anyway.'' Jinyoung informed calmly. The smile on his face was still present, but he didn't look happy at all. Although Jackson couldn't tell, considering his hair was covering most part of his face. ''I'm okay with waiting a little more for the bus...'' 

''But you're not okay.'' 

And maybe that wasn't the right thing to say at that moment, and maybe it had sounded more like a statement than a question. But he knew it was something that had to be said someday, because after Jackson stated it, Jinyoung looked up, his eyes puffy and full of tears, and looked down again when he whimpered. Jackson didn't know what to say.

''JB loves him, Jackson... JB said... he loves Mark!'' Jinyoung struggled to get the words out of his mouth, and he covered his face with his hands while doing so. 

Jackson took Jinyoung's hands with his own, sitting next to him and looking at him concerned. There, he understood Jinyoung and what he said and the way he asked Jaebum not to bother Mark too much. It wasn't only about Mark, or Jaebum or himself. And for the hundredth time in the day, Jackson felt stupid, and finally found the perfect words for Jinyoung:

''Let's get out of here.''


What do you guys think about this chapter? I think my writing is really dramatic, huh? I didn't read the chapter after I wrote it, so sorry about any mistake! Also, sorry if it is really boring ;; but I wanted to explain BamBam's story, so this might seem a little like a filler. Thank you for subscribing! And thanks for the votes and the comments! It means a lot to me and inspires me to write even more! (Even though I'm slow at doing so) Sorry for updating until now, by the way. 

Anyway, you guys commented what you thought the name of the story meant, and all of you were (somehow) correct. I actually got the name from Frank's Ocean song, Pink Matter (which you all should listen to) that's about a guy (Frank) questioning himself and his surroundings. Some people say the song's also about Frank finally accepting his uality, which goes well with the story too. You should listen to it! And no, this is not going to be a Jinson story! 

Please comment and subscribe if you like the story!