01

Pink Matter

Mark sighed deeply. Once again he found himself between two people he would normally call friends, his body being the only thing that separated them. Mark's body, tired and slothful between two strangers by the moment. By the moment because they turned into totally different people when they fought between each other, although, Jackson was always rude and Jaebum aggressive. And that mix wasn't particularly good, not when the only thing they had in common was the crush they evidently had on Mark. That attraction Mark used to ignore most of the time by the simple fact that Jackson was, well, Jackson, and he couldn't be loyal nor keep his on his pants for a week, and because Jaebum was just confused. Mark knew it - and maybe Jaebum didn't, but he didn't know a lot of things either. But that attraction couldn't be ignored for a long time, because Jackson talked way too much and always pushed the right buttons to start fights with Jaebum and because Jaebum didn't have enough patience and because both showed their attraction towards Mark everyday... as if it was necessary and as if they were competing to see which one could win Mark's heart first. 

Most of the time, it would be funny to see them fighting, because they were never too serious nor physical, they were just discussions where Jackson said the wrong thing and Jaebum shook his head in disapprovement, like they had done it plenty of times before. Sometimes BamBam would be the one starting the fights, pointing out something Mark said or did to one of them, and it was funny, it really was. Until it wasn't. Until Jaebum's fist touched Jackson's unaware face and until Jackson responded in the same way. Until, well, that afternoon. That afternoon was when Mark decided he was really tired about the situation they were in, because Mark wasn't a prize and because he had his own feelings too - because they weren't just hurting each other but other people in their group, probably they didn't even notice it, blinded by said attraction and grief between said best friends.

Mark tightened his grip in Jackson's shoulder when he moved it to get closer to Jaebum, and sighed once again, looking concerned at Jinyoung, who looked at the scene still, without blinking and a small and almost invisible grimace in his lips, his eyes posed on Jaebum, as it had always been.

Mark closed his fist in Jaebum's shirt at the same time he closed his eyes. He hated doing this to Jinyoung, to BamBam, who looked at his older friends with big eyes and a frown in his face from his seat, to Youngjae, to Yugyeom - to his friends.

''When are you going to stop and see what are you doing to the others?'' He asked, ''Have you ever though you're not the only ones stuck in this situation? What about me? What about them?!'' Mark added, raising his voice and pointing at his friends.

The previous silence changed from being uncomfortable to insufferable, and when Mark opened his eyes again, he saw guilt in Jaebum's face and a sad smile in Jinyoung's. 

''Mark... I didn't know that we made you felt this way. If I had known before... I wouldn't have done this in front of you. I'm... sorry.'' Jaebum said, looking at the floor as if it were really interesting.

Mark smiled softly, but he wasn't ready to accept his apology just yet, so he shook his head and looked at Jackson, who seemed to be thinking way too hard about something, his eyebrows were furrowed and his eyes were lost in his shoes. 

''Jaebum... it isn't just about me, either.'' 

''What are you talking about? Who else could I be hurting?'' Jaebum asked, smiling at him as if he were out of his mind.

Mark blinked twice.

''I mean, how are we hurting somebody else with our love towards you, Mark? Because that's what I'm doing, I'm loving you.'' Jaebum looked up and saw Mark behind his eyelashes. 

And Mark really wanted to punch him in the face in that moment, but he just opened his mouth to speak again. Although he didn't really know what to say. How to explain something that can't be explained? How to explain a feeling that isn't yours? He didn't know. But he wasn't going to know anytime soon, because as soon as he opened his mouth to speak, Jinyoung turned his back at them and started walking away without turning back. 

The red-head saw Jinyoung's figure disappear as he walked more and he looked at Jaebum again... who was looking at him as if he was still expecting an answer. Mark sighed. 

''Aren't you going to go with Jinyoung?'' Jackson spoke, surprisingly, for the first time. He sounded annoyed and a little angry, but softer than before, as if he were just scolding Jaebum for not doing the right thing. 

Jaebum raised his eyebrows, as if he were surprised Jackson was talking to him, ''And why would I do that?''

Jackson didn't answer his question, but it seemed like Jaebum didn't want to hear it either, but he pushed Mark's hand away and walked towards the direction Jinyoung had left to. Leaving the red-head hurt, proud and confused. 


This is probably really short but... eh. Hi, guys! This is the first chapter ever of my first story in asianfanfics, so please take care of me! Can you guess why Jinyoung left? Or why Jackson followed him? Do you guys know why the title of the story? Please comment and enjoy this short story!