1/1

New Addition
“Myungie~” Sungjong cooed sweetly into his lover’s ear, wrapping his arms around Myungsoo’s neck from behind the couch. The older male grinned and snuggled a bit back into Sungjong’s embrace. It wasn’t often that Sungjong was so sweet towards him, so he cherished days like these the most.
 
“I think there should be a new addition to the family.”
 
Myungsoo’s eyes, which had gradually closed as he got more comfortable, quickly snapped open at the declaration. He turned around on the couch to stare at Sungjong with surprise.
 
“A new addition?”
 
“Yeah. I was thinking it’d be nice to have a cute little thing running around~” Sungjong continued airily as if Myungsoo wasn’t looking at him like he’d grown a second head. Myungsoo narrowed his eyes briefly before slowly letting his expression soften.
 
“Is that really what you want?”
 
“Yeah. I know it’ll be a lot of responsibility, but well…I’m ready for it. We can afford to do it—we make enough and we have enough space—so why not? So long as we’re both committed, I don’t see the big deal,” Sungjong stated firmly. Myungsoo tilted his head in slight wonder but couldn’t help the small smile that was making its way to his face.
 
“I’m really surprised. I didn’t expect you to change your mind about this so soon. When I first brought up the prospect to you, you seemed really reluctant about the whole thing.”
 
Now it was Sungjong’s turn to be confused. Myungsoo had talked to him about this before? And he’d been against it? That didn’t sound like him at all. Sure he’d always been a bit apprehensive about everything, but that was mostly because he wasn’t sure if he had the funds or time to be the responsible guardian he knew he needed to be. He couldn’t remember ever outright opposing it. Perhaps Myungsoo had just exaggerated his response from back then; it would be just like him to do something like that.
 
“Well like I said, I’ve been thinking a lot about it lately. I mean, I even went out and bought things!” Sungjong chirped happily, reaching down to hold up one of the bags he’d sat down behind the couch. Myungsoo’s eyes were practically bugging out of their sockets now.
 
“You bought stuff already?” he asked in shock, “But Sungjong, adoption is usually a very long process and we haven’t even discussed the details yet.”
 
“Yeah, I know but,” Sungjong started with a pout, quickly setting the bag back down, “I was just really excited! And it’s only the basics, so it’ll be fine no matter what we decided to go with. I do have something in mind though.”
 
“Sungjong!” Myungsoo was a bit angry now, finally getting up from the couch to glare at the younger male properly, “I can’t believe you’re treating this so casually! As you stated yourself, this is a really big responsibility here!”
 
“Yeah, I know,” Sungjong said with a small frown, not quite understanding where this sudden display of anger was coming from, “That’s why I said it. I’m just trying to be a bit prepared in advanced.”
 
“Without even discussing it with me first? How did you even know I would agree to this? What if I’d have said no, huh?” Myungsoo asked even more angrily than before, causing Sungjong to get angry as well.
 
“Then I would just take it all back! You act like we have this stuff forever now when in reality I can take it back any time with the receipts! Just calm down.”
 
“No, Sungjong, I’m not going to calm down this time,” Myungsoo started in a grave tone, “I always go along with whatever you say and don’t question it much because I love you, but this is really crossing the line. This is a new addition to the family we’re talking about here, yet you make it seem like my opinion doesn’t even matter to you!”
 
“Of course your opinion matters!” Sungjong all but shouted in exasperation. “When did I say it didn’t? I can’t choose without you since you’d be its owner as well!”
 
“Owner? It? Is that how you refer to something so precious, Sungjong?” Myungsoo asked with disgust. Sungjong once again narrowed his eyes, still not understanding Myungsoo’s source of anger.
 
“What’s so wrong with what I’m saying?”
 
“What’s right about it?” Myungsoo sneered, and without another word walked briskly over to the door to pick up his jacket, Sungjong watching everything with a bewildered expression.
 
“You’re leaving? Come on, Myungsoo, don’t you think you’re being a bit melodramatic now?”
 
“I’d say I learned from the best,” Myungsoo snapped before the loud sound of the door slamming to a close became their last interaction for the night.
 
 
 
“I just…really can’t believe he would talk about a child that way, Sungyeol,” Myungsoo ranted as he lay sprawled out across Sungyeol’s lap. The older boy gave a troubled expression as he leaned back onto his pillow.
 
“It does seem pretty nonchalant. I’m surprised he phrased it like that. Sungjong’s always seemed really good with kids, so I thought he would’ve regarded them more highly.”
 
“That’s exactly my point!” Myungsoo shouted, letting an anguished groan roll from his lips as he brought an arm across his face. “I don’t mind taking this next step in our relationship, but I really need Sungjong to grow up first.”
 
“I think…maybe you should try talking to him again. Tell him flat-out that you don’t think he should talk about your future child in such a way,” Sungyeol provided smartly, but Myungsoo only shook his head.
 
“No, I already did that, but he still didn’t seem to understand. I just really don’t know what to do…”
 
“I’m not really sure either, but I don’t think you should leave it like this. Go back to him, okay? Straighten things out.”
 
With a sigh, Myungsoo stood up from Sungyeol’s lap, planning to do just that.
 
 
 
“Oh Myungsoo, I’m so glad you’re back!” was the first thing Sungjong said when Myungsoo entered the house at 2am. He was quickly swept into a hug in which Myungsoo awkwardly patted Sungjong’s back in response.
 
“Look, I was thinking about what you said, and I wanted you to understand how serious I was about this and how much I value your opinion. So while you were gone, I started looking in the paper and on the internet and I found some options I think you’d really like-”
 
“Sungjong!” Myungsoo shouted incredulously, his hands on Sungjong’s shoulders as he pried him away and stared into his eyes. “This is a child we’re talking about, not a pet; you can’t just one up in the paper and on the-”
 
Child!?” Now it was Sungjong’s turn to look bewildered. “Who was talking about a child!? I was talking about getting a pet, more specifically a dog! You were talking about a child!?
 
Suddenly everything made sense and Myungsoo felt incredibly stupid. He hung his head in shame, his hands dropping from Sungjong’s shoulders in complete mortification; how embarrassing.
 
“If…if you want a child, I guess we could look into that…” Sungjong mumbled with his own share of embarrassment, though he seemed to be taking it a lot more elegantly than his counterpart.
 
“No, Sungjong, we don’t have to look at children if you’re not ready for that. If you want a dog-”
 
“No!” Sungjong cut in quickly. “Well, I mean, yes I want a dog, but…I know how much you want a child, Myungsoo. You really have talked about it a lot; I guess that’s what should’ve clued me in that we weren’t talking about the same thing. I’ll admit that I’m really scared thinking about having a child but…I’m not opposed to the thought. I think we could do it.”
 
Myungsoo’s eyes were practically sparkling as he brought Sungjong into an overwhelming hug. Normally he would ask if Sungjong was sure, but he knew he wouldn’t have said the words if he wasn’t; Sungjong took serious matters very seriously, and he meant what he said.
 
**
 
It took a while to get all the legal documents in order, and there was also the issue of actually choosing a child to adopt in the first place, but today was finally the day for them to welcome their new children to their home. They’d originally only planned to adopt only one child, but after hearing the story of this specific pair of siblings, Sungjong and Myungsoo had rethought and reconsidered their options and wants carefully. Raising two children instead of one would be a lot more work, but it only took seeing the joy on the two children’s faces and the tears that they’d cried knowing that they were actually being adopted to know that they’d made the right decision.
 
“So, what do you think?” Myungsoo asked nervously, opening the house door for the two kids to step in for the second time.
 
The children had been there once before due to the advice of the social worker saying that the two should be familiar and feel comfortable with their environment before being adopted in case they didn’t feel safe or something. They hadn’t seemed to hate the house during the first visit, but they hadn’t seemed very comfortable either. It was understandable but made it no less nerve-wracking to show the children their home again now.
 
The eldest of the two children, a thirteen year old girl named Soona, stepped forward with a completely blank expression, the exact opposite of her ten year old brother Jinho’s excited reaction. Sungjong stood patiently behind the two, deciding to simply observe.
 
“It’s so cool!” Jinho cried happily, spinning around to give Myungsoo and Sungjong a cheesy grin. “I can’t remember ever really having a home other than the orphanage!”
 
The two adults in the room faltered at the confession, suddenly feeling down in regards to the two siblings’ prior circumstances; they hadn’t deserved to be deserted the way they had, though it was probably for the best considering the circumstances of their mother. The bright side was that the children were with them now, and Sungjong and Myungsoo would be doing everything they could to make them feel welcomed and well taken care of.
 
They were broken from their thoughts when Soona started crying, and Myungsoo comforting her before Sungjong could even get the chance to react.
 
“Soona, what’s wrong?” he cooed affectionately, gently wiping at her tear stricken face with his thumb.
 
“N-Nothing,” she denied, shaking her head firmly as she began to cry harder, her sobs starting to wrack her entire body. “I-I just…it feels so different here. We’ve only been here for like a minute but it’s just so…different. A good different. A r-really good different.”
 
Sungjong smiled at the way Myungsoo delicately wrapped their daughter in his embrace before quickly opening his arms to a rather jealous-looking Jinho. Eventually Sungjong joined in the hug as well, not wanting to be the only one left out of their first official family hug.
 
**
 
“Sooo, how does this work?” Jinho asked awkwardly. The three remaining family members all took a break from watching the movie to look at him curiously.
 
“How does what work, Jinho?” Sungjong asked sweetly. Jinho chewed on his bottom lip nervously. It’d been about two weeks since they’d all moved in together and he still wasn’t sure how to bring up this topic, having avoided it as much as he could.
 
“I mean this whole…having two dads thing. I don’t really mind, but what should we call you? It seems like calling you both dad would be really confusing.”
 
The room was silent then other than the dull murmurings of the dialogue coming from the TV.
 
“I suppose you have a point there,” Sungjong agreed with a nod as he shifted Myungsoo’s arm from around his shoulders as he turned to give Jiho his full attention. “What would you like to call us?”
 
“Can we call you by your names!?” Jinho asked excitedly before being hit upside the head, courtesy of his ‘loving’ sister.
 
“Must you be so disrespectful all the time? Of course we can’t call them by their names!” she snapped in irritation.
 
“Why not?” Jinho challenged, crossing his arms defiantly, “David does it. He calls both of his parents by their real names.”
 
“Yeah, well guess what? We’re not David, so we’re not doing it,” Soona stated with a tone of finality. Jinho seemed ready to argue but Soona would hear nothing of it. “What if we just call Sungjong daddy and Myungsoo dad?”
 
“Sounds good,” Myungsoo agreed with a shrug and Sungjong nodded his head, causing Soona to beam proudly. Jinho rolled his eyes, a habit he’d started to develop more after spending so much time with Sungjong and Soona.
 
“Do you seriously expect me to go around addressing someone as ‘daddy?’ No way, Soona. If you wanna do it, that’s fine, but I’m not. If anything, I’ll call Sungjong dad and Myungsoo pops.”
 
But Soona wasn’t paying attention anymore, still too busy feeling flattered by the fact that she’d been admired by Sungjong. Thankfully, Sungjong and Myungsoo had been paying attention and didn’t seem to have too much of a problem with the title.
 
**
 
“Daddy, do we have to do this?” Soona whined, pulling hatefully at the dress Sungjong had begged her to wear for the occasion.
 
Yes we do. Don’t you want to meet more of your family?” Sungjong asked passively as he looked around the living room, trying to make sure everything was perfect. Soona scowled from her seat, crossing her arms irritably.
 
“Yeah, but not like this. Jinho and I aren’t big fans of social gatherings like this,” she explained. Sungjong took a glance out the corner of his eye at the overly excited Jinho chatting it up with Myungsoo, and then looked back at Soona with amusement.
 
“Are you sure it’s not just you who doesn’t like social gatherings?”
 
“…Okay, so maybe it’s just me,” Soona mumbled with a small blush, “But that should still mean something!”
 
“And it does!” Sungjong insisted, looking over at the door as doorbell chimed. He looked back over at his nervous daughter and offered her a comforting smile. “There’s nothing to be worried about though, I promise. We didn’t want to overwhelm you, so we only invited five people today.”
 
Soona seemed a bit more at ease with the information as Sungjong went to answer the door. In filed five men, all of which seemed to immediately look towards her upon entering the house. She shrunk back into the couch shyly, willing herself to be into a black hole to save her from this ordeal.
 
“You must be the lovely Soona Sungjong was telling us about. I understand why he kept you hidden away for a month before deciding to let us meet you; I would like to protect such a beautiful girl from the harsh ways of the world as well.” Soona looked up to the man talking to her now, her cheeks even more red than before due to his flattering words. As she took note of his handsome features, she gasped as her hand was lifted to his lips, a chaste kiss placed upon it as he winked at her. Soona was sure her entire face must’ve resembled a tomato now, and she looked on in surprise when the he was forcibly shoved away by another man.
 
“Have you really sunken so low that you hit on thirteen year old girls now, Woohyun? How tasteless,” the man stated with a scowl before turning a pleasant look towards Soona, his hand outstretched towards her in a friendly manner.
 
“My name is Sunggyu; I’m Sungjong’s older brother. Please pay no mind to the flirting trash that is Nam Woohyun; he’s nothing more than the family friend that’s to be ignored at all times.”
 
“Hey, I was just trying to be nice!” Woohyun whined, slinging an arm around an irritated-looking Sunggyu’s shoulders as he began his teasing. “Besides, you know you love me Gyu Gyu; insulting me is just your way of showing it.”
 
“Please shut up,” Sunggyu deadpanned as he sent the younger man an icy look that didn’t even seem to faze him; he must have been on the receiving end of it a lot, Soona mused.
 
“A-Anyway Soona, this is my cousin Howon,” Sungjong cut in to introduce. By this point Myungsoo had finally entered into the room with Jinho, both of which greeted everyone with an enthusiastic wave.  So as Soona met Howon, Jinho was introduced to Myungsoo’s cousin Dongwoo.
 
“Nice to meet you, Jinho!” Dongwoo stated cheerfully with a blinding smile. Jinho grinned back just as happily.
 
“It’s nice to meet you too! I don’t know why, but I’ve got this feeling that you’re a lot of fun.”
 
“Well your feeling is spot-on, Jinho! I’ve been told plenty of times that I’m lots of fun. Though I have to admit, I was kind of scared I’d turn boring after having a kid,” Dongwoo explained casually. Jinho’s eyes brightened at the news.
 
“You have a kid? Did you bring them?”
 
“No, not this time. She was really sleepy so I thought better of bringing her. I’m not too sure how much fun you’d have had with a four year old anyway,” Dongwoo continued with a laugh. Jinho nodded, though he still seemed disappointed.
 
“Next time though, okay? I wanna meet her,” he insisted, and Dongwoo nodded his head in agreement. Myungsoo grinned form the sidelines, glad they were getting along so well. He then decided to pull over Sungyeol, who’d been chatting casually with Sungjong and Hoya while Sunggyu and Woohyun talked to Soona.
 
“And this is my best friend Sungyeol,” Myungsoo stated proudly. Jinho stared up at Sungyeol critically, his face scrunched up as he tried to think of what he wanted to say to the man.
 
“You’re tall…” was what he ended up saying, and Sungyeol laughed nervously, not quite sure how to respond.
 
“How did you get so tall? I wanna be that tall too. You seem really cool, hyung, so I wanna be like you when I’m older,” Jinho insisted before turning his attention to Myungsoo. “You have a cool friend, pops.”
 
Sungyeol looked at Myungsoo questioningly, doing a terrible job of holding back his snickers at the title Jinho had used to address his father. Myungsoo glared back, kicking his foot lightly in retaliation; Sungyeol’s reaction reminded him too much of Sungjong’s when they were alone the first day Jinho had suggested it. He personally didn’t have a problem with the nickname, but he didn’t like being teased about it either.
 
The rest of the evening went pretty smoothly, so long as you didn’t count Soona declaring that she wanted to ‘marry Woohyun oppa once she’s legal.’ Myungsoo and Sungjong were visibly relieved that their children and the closest people to them had managed to get along so well; they wanted to slowly ease the children into their new family. Introducing them to their parents would come next, but they would be sure that a bit more time passed before that happened; they had a feeling meeting their parents would be a lot more stressful than the five they’d invited today.
 
**
 
“So guys, there’s something I wanted to discuss with you,” Sungjong sang happily. Jinho and Soona looked up skeptically at him from their breakfast, not sure what to make out of the declaration. When it came to Sungjong’s announcements, it was hard to tell what was going to be good or bad, and the last time he’d wanted to ‘discuss’ something, the two of them had ended up grounded.
 
“W-What is it?” Jinho asked cautiously, feeling even more fearful because of the way Sungjong started beaming at them.
 
“I was thinking this house could use a bit more livening up. It’s something I’ve been trying to tell Myungsoo for the longest time now, but he keeps putting it off. If I get you two in on it though, I’m sure he’ll finally cave.”
 
“Does it have anything to do with those loud, weird noises that come from your bedroom at night sometimes?” Jinho asked innocently, a frustrated pout on his face. The bright smile was quickly wiped from Sungjong’s face as he paled, while Soona’s cheeks turned a bright red as she elbowed her brother in the stomach.
 
“You brat, didn’t I tell you not to mention that!?” she gritted out to him in a low tone so Sungjong wouldn’t hear. Jinho simply glared at his sister.
 
“What? I don’t see the big deal in mentioning it! Sometimes I can’t get to sleep because of it and it even sounds like someone’s getting hurt but then it sounds like someone’s begging so it’s really confusing and-” Jinho was finally stopped by Soona slapping a hand over his mouth, staring over worriedly at her frozen father.
 
“Daddy, don’t listen to him, okay? He doesn’t hear anything at night! Neither do I! W-What were you going to talk to us about?”
 
“Oh, you were talking to them about something without me again? I hope you weren’t grounding them this time.” Myungsoo’s timing was impeccable really, and Soona almost felt bad at the way Sungjong shot him the scariest, iciest glare she’d ever seen in her fourteen year-old life.
 
“We need to talk. In private. Now.” Sungjong’s tone was just as telling as his expression and Myungsoo knew he was in big trouble. He glanced helplessly at Soona for some sort of hint for what was wrong but was only given a sympathetic shake of the head before being dragged out of the room by his particularly irate lover.
 
Soona had no idea what Sungjong had said to Myungsoo during their talk, but she knew that the latter seemed like a new man afterwards; he constantly looked like a kicked puppy and was basically treating Sungjong like he was his queen, but Sungjong didn’t seem to care much for his efforts. Soona had tried to comfort her crestfallen father, but having had no idea what their talk had been about, it was hard for her to do anything. But she really couldn’t stand seeing one of her fathers so upset, so she devised a plan.
 
“Use your puppy eyes, okay?” she demanded of her brother who only looked at her like she was crazy.
 
“I haven’t used those since I was six. I don’t even think I can still do it.”
 
“Trust me, you can still do it,” Soona grunted, rolling her eyes. “So just do them and then get him to tell you what dad did wrong.”

“But what if he doesn’t tell me?” Jinho asked with a pout. Soona shook her head at the blatant display of ignorance.
 
“I’ll be talking to dad, so don’t worry. I’m going to get him to apologize regardless. You stick to your side of the plan and I’ll stick to mine and this’ll turn out just fine, alright?”
 
Jinho nodded, albeit reluctantly, and Soona gave a toothy grin; soon Myungsoo would be happy again.
 
 
 
“So did you figure out what was wrong?” Soona questioned eagerly, immediately deflating when Jinho shook his head no.
 
“He just said I was too young to know, and even if I wasn’t, I wouldn’t wanna know because it would scar me for life, apparently. That being said, I don’t think I wanna know anymore, Soona.”
 
“Pathetic,” Soona spat in exasperation before sighing. “Though I must admit, I didn’t get much information out of dad either. All he said was that he already apologized but daddy didn’t care. We’re going to have to think outside the box…maybe dad could do something!”
 
“Like what?” Jinho asked skeptically. Soona’s enthusiasm dimmed a bit at his question, not having thought of an answer so quickly.
 
“Like…um…buying him something…?”
 
“Nah, dad buys whatever he wants when he wants it. Whatever pops does should come from the heart instead…he should cook him something!”
 
Soona hit her palm with the bottom of a balled up fist excitedly. “That’s a great idea, Jinho! The only problem is that dad’s usually busy with work…so I guess we’ll have to cook it for him!”
 
Jinho gaze his sister a wary look. “Soona, I don’t think that’s a good idea…”
 
“No, it’s a perfect idea,” Soona snapped, her eyes sparkling with excitement. “Daddy’ll be so happy, too! Let’s get started immediately, okay?”
 
Jinho gave her a wary look, still not convinced of her glorious plan but knowing that he wouldn’t be able to talk her out of it no matter how hard he tried. They were screwed, he knew it.
 
 
“Everyone, I’m-”
 
Sungjong jumped as a loud crash suddenly resounded throughout the house. Afraid that something horrible had happened, he just barely remembered to close the door behind him as he ran to where the source of the commotion seemed to come from. He stopped cold, his expression dropping as he stared into the room he would’ve once called his kitchen.
 
“Dad!” a terrified voice cried before a figure came barreling towards Sungjong, wrapping his arms around Sungjong’s torso.
 
“…!”
 
“Did you just curse, Soona?”
 
“What does it matter now, huh? We’re both about to die anyway!”

“What. Happened. To. My. Kitchen.” Sungjong’s deadly calm and ‘questioning’ tone sent a chill down Myungsoo and Soona’s spines, causing them both to shiver. Soona offered him a weak smile.
 
“Uh, hey daddy! We were just…um…cooking…?” Her explanation was, unfortunately, just as weak as her smile, and Sungjong didn’t seem even the least bit happy as he crossed his arms and glared at the two sheepish-looking Kims in the kitchen.
 
“If you were ‘just cooking,’ why is my kitchen in shambles?” he barked unhappily.
 
“You know, it’s technically our-” A harsher glare from Sungjong had Myungsoo quickly changing his tune. “-We’re really sorry for ruining your kitchen, Sungjongie.”
 
“Oh, don’t you ‘Sungjongie’ me. You have a lot of explaining to do. Seriously, what the hell is this?” Sungjong wasn’t normally one for cursing, so the two in the kitchen knew this couldn’t end well.
 
“I told her not to do it,” the youngest in the house, who was still clutching tightly to Sungjong’s torso, provided quickly. Sungjong sighed and patted his son’s head tiredly.
 
“You’re the only one I can count on, aren’t you Jinho?"
 
Myungsoo reluctantly took a glance around the kitchen, wincing more with every passing second. It was easy to tell why Sungjong was so upset: at least half their dishes were now dirty and waiting to be washed in the sink, the attempt to cook meat was still smoking as it sat cooling off on the stove, broth from the ramen they’d tried to make was splattered on both the ceiling and floor, the trash was overflowing with previous failed attempts, and both he and his daughter looked worse for wear themselves.
 
“Haven’t I told you time and time again not to set foot in this kitchen unless you’re making something that only requires reheating?” Sungjong snapped, more-so talking to his daughter but also talking to Myungsoo since he knew he’d been a part of this mess. Jinho finally let go of him and backed up tentatively towards his other father, hands linked nervously behind his back.
 
“Well…actually…it was kind of my fault too; I suggested dad cook something for you to get you to forgive him. But I suggested that dad cook something, not Soona! She took that liberty herself!” he explained quickly. Soona glared down at him menacingly.
 
“Snitch,” she muttered under her breath before looking back up and giving Sungjong a desperate look. “I’m sorry I messed up the kitchen, but Jinho and I just really hate seeing you two so tense with each other now. We just wanted it to stop. Dad came home while I was cooking and tried to help but it was kind of too late by that point. We’re really sorry.”
 
Sungjong’s steely gaze immediately softened as he gave his children a weak grin.
 
“I’m sorry, you guys. I hadn’t realized how much our disagreement was affecting you as well. Myung-ah.”
 
Myungsoo quickly looked up, a hopeful expression on his face.
 
“I forgive you, alright? So stop your moping.”
 
Jinho and Soona quickly looked away as Myungsoo began littering butterfly kisses all over Sungjong’s face, not wanting to see the public display of affection.
 
“But you know,” Jinho cut in suddenly, wanting to put a stop to all the mushy stuff, “We weren’t the only ones that had something to do with the mess. Soona is a lousy cook, but she’s not that lousy.”
 
He ignored the somewhat painful elbow he received from his sister in favor of taking in Sungjong’s curious expression. Myungsoo finally backed away, his face littered with mystery that piqued Sungjong’s interest. He walked out of the room and came back with something in his arms that had Sungjong practically squealing.
 
“You got me a dog!” He quickly took the puppy out of Myungsoo’s hold and held it up to his face, brushing their noses affectionately against each other. The puppy barked happily and Sungjong’s face, causing him to laugh. The sound was so genuine that it brought a smile to everyone’s face, the dog wagging its tail happily in response.
 
“Instead of going to work, I actually went out to get him today. I know you’ve had your eye on him for a while. Then I got home and Soona was ruining the kitchen and I was so shocked that I dropped the puppy and then he started ruining the kitchen,” Myungsoo explained with a smile, Soona and Jinho nodding in agreement. “So now the family’s complete, right? Thanks to the newest addition?” Myungsoo asked hopefully. Sungjong scoffed playfully at him while tucking the puppy away carefully in his arms.
 
“Our family was already complete with the addition of Soona and Jinho, but this little guy definitely helps. Thank you all so much,” he gushed, the tiniest of teardrops starting to form in the corners of his eyes. The rest of the family took that as an opportunity to surround him in a hug.
 
Jinho had mixed feelings by the end of the night. He was happy that they had a dog now and that Sungjong wasn’t mad at Myungsoo anymore, but now it seemed that the obnoxious sounds were back and they were louder than ever before. They’d been so distracting that he’d actually gotten out of bed so he could go ask them to keep it down, but Soona had quickly held him back and practically suffocated him with a pillow while telling him to ‘Shut up. You don’t want daddy to get mad again, do you?’
 
Soona, on the other hand, was just glad that everything was okay again with the family she loved so dearly.
 

This story ended up being a lot longer than I planned. Idk, I just started getting really into it. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed~ Thanks so much for the subs and upvotes you guys <3