BULLIES

Speak

He tried. He really, really tried his best to focus in his Geography class but Daehyun's mind kept going back to Yukwon. When would he see him again? Would they have any of the same classes? What was Yukwon doing right now? And most importantly, what did Yukwon think about him?

"Earth to ."

Daehyun snapped out of his trance and was met with Himchan's unimpressed gaze. 

"Class is over. Hurry your up."

Daehyun looked around the room and realised the majority of his class mates had already left for their next lesson. He got up and packed his books quickyly. It was only then that his slow brain had processsed what Himchan had called him.

"You can't call someone a if you'e one yourself." Daehyun retorted sassily, and perhaps a little late. 
"Whatever." Himchan gave his signature eye roll and dragged Daehyun out of the room to their gym class.

The first thing Daehyun did when he exited the changing rooms was run out onto the field where the rest of the students were and scan the area for some red hair. Honestly, he didn't think Yukwon would be in his class since he wasn't in any of his other classes, yet he remained hopeful. The seventeen year old nearly squeeled out in joy when he actually spotted the familliar red head.

"Yukwonnie!" He yelled, a little too enthuisiastic compared to his grouchy attitude towards Himchan. Yukwon (and everyone else) turned around at the mention of his name and offered a little wave accompanied with a sad smile. Daehyun's mood immediately dropped at the image. Why did Yukwon look so upset? As if by instinct, the young male sprinted to the boy, instantly inspecting his body to check whether he was hurt in any way. It was clear Yukwon was uncomfortable with the situation as he took a subtle step back. Daehyun lifted his gaze to Yukwon's face, noticing the adorable little pout his lips formed.

"Well, you're not physically injured. So then maybe.. are the students being mean to you?" Yukwon didn't respond, but he sagged his shoulders and his gaze fell to the ground; so it was the bullies. "I know they can be a bunch of bullies and since they're the oldest in the school, they think they could just pick on anybody. But don't be bothered by them." Daehyun smiled. "They're just jealous becuase you're so damn adorable!" He exclaimed while fondly pinching Yukwon's cheeks. The poor boy turned bright red and as soon as Daehyun noticed, he released the redened cheek and handed him his waterbottle. "Your face is really warm. Drink some water!" The shy boy hesitantly accepted the beverage and took a few sips.

"Mr Jung you better not be slacking off over there with the new student! Go and run your laps or you'll be staying behind after school!"

Daehyun gave Yukwon an apologetic smile, and before Yukwon could return him his water bottle, the chatter box was off.


 

Turns out Mr Kim, the gym teacher, had a particular dislike for Daehyun, which resulted in him staying after school to complete a few more laps eventhough he'd already had his fair share. The boy came out panting and glaring at the sadistic teacher and groaned after noticing just how dry his throat felt. However, even when he emptied his bag he failed to find his waterbottle. Then he suddenly remembered how he'd lend it to Yukwon and ran off afterwards so he hadn't gotten it back yet.

After heading to the office and finding out which class Yukwon was in, Daehyun was on his way to the said destination. He turned the corned and noticed in front of the class there were three boys, all huddled around what looked like some other boy. Daehyun slowly stepped in closer to indentify the victim. It seemed one of the boys had heard him and he turned around to face whoever was interrupting him. The student's face was one he'd seen around school several times but he'd never really taken notice of him nor sparked a conversation. The other boy was one he'd recognised as his Chemistry partner-Yoongi, was it?- who he honestly hadn't taken much of a liking to. The third boy's face was hard to see since it was getting dark and he stood in a particularly shady area of the hallway. 

"Daehyun? Yah! What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be home by now like everyone else?" Yoongi questioned as soon as he spotted his face.
"I could ask you the same question." Daehyun retorted. But he didn't feel like argueing today, he just wanted to find Yukwon. "And for your information, I was looking for my friend, Yukwon. He's the new student with the red hair. Have you seen him?" Yoongi discreetly attempted to move further to the right, as if he was covering up something. 
"Well, then...go.. look somewhere else! We haven't seen him!" Daehyun suspiciously eyed them and walked closer, trying to look past Yoongi's legs. His eyes widened at what he saw.

"Yukwon?"

The next minute went by in a flash. One of the boys flew a punch at Daehyun but missed, making him angrier than he already was. Daehyun landed his own strong punches along with a few flying kicks here and there which ended up in two of the boys groaning pathetically on the ground.

Daehyun honestly wasn't much of a violent man and prefered to talk things out (as he enjoyed talkiing about pretty much anything) but seeing Yukwon in such a vulnerable state on the ground really got him fuming. He hurriedly made his way to the younger and inspected the forming bruises on his flawless ivory skin. Daehyun found himself holding back tears even though there wasn't that much harm done.

Yukwon finally made eyecontact with the elder and Daehyun was surprised at the look of admiration he saw in Yukwon's eyes. What shocked him even more was the boy's unexpected actions; he threw his arms around Daehyun's neck and pulled him towards him for a hug. Daehyun brought his arms around Yukwon's thin waist hugged him back, his heart beating so loud that he was sure the red head could hear it. Daehyun hummed a soft tune and the two stayed like that for a few minutes, until Daehyun could hear some steady, heavy breathing- Yukwon fell asleep. Daehyun was touched that his crush (he admits) felt so comfortable in his arms that he actually fell asleep. Daehyun sowly pulled away a bit and changed his position so that he could see Yukwon's resting face. How could anyone hurt such an adorable boy?

Daehyun found himself leaning closer to Yukwon's face until his lips were a mere three inches away from the boy in his arms. He wanted to kiss those perfect pink lips so badly, but what if it was Yukwon's frst kiss? Instead, Daehyun placed a soft kiss on Yukwon's forehead and smiled after he oulled away; it was crazy how little time it took for him to be head over heels over the red-head.

"Yukwon-ah! Are you here?"

A familiar sillouette emerged from the darkness of the hallway and Daehyun instantly recognised him as Steve. Before Steve could misinterpret the situation, Daehyun decided to explain what happened. Steve nodded in understanding and it was at that moment that Yukwon had woken up. Daehyun thought he should have been handed a 'MOST SELF CONTROL' trophy because he managed to keep himself from aw-ing at Yukwon's waking up habits of blinking multiple times and yawning adorably.

"Let's go Yukwon-ah." Steve ordered, while starting to walk off.

The said boy obedienty got up and before he made any advancements towards the exit of the building he grabbed what Daehyun recognised as his waterbottle. Yukwon placed it into Daehyun's hands. Then he mouthed something.

'Gomawo.'

 


A/N: Yes I took forever. Yes I'm very sorry. No I didn't proof read the second half :/ But here's an extra long chapter so you'll forgive meh?