SMITTEN

Speak

CHAPTER ONE
SMITTEN
Dedicated to: 
Grillacier
For being the first to comment!

 

Daehyun sighed for the billionth time during his ride to the Youth Centre. Eventhough it was completely against his will, he had promised his dad he'd accompany him to his work for that day. His father was a counsellor, specialising in helping teens that had experience tragic and traumatising events. Daehyun appreciated the fact that his parent's job revolved around helping people but he himself was not the slightest bit interested. Music was more his thing. And he thought his dad had accepted that; yet he still attempted to subtly get his son to follow in his footsteps.

Yeah, right. Like that was going to happen.

"We're here~." Mr Jung announced excitedly.
"Oh, joy." Daehyun frowned at the building. He would so much rather spend his weekend hanging with his friends rather than visiting counselling centres.
"Come on, son. I guarentee you'll enjoy this experience. I'm telling you!" His father insisted. Daehyun simply rolled his eyes but didn't protest. The two of them entered the centre and Mr Jung was instantly greeted by a group of teens who Daehyun figured were his patients. His father greeted back cheerfully and turned to glance at his son with a raised eyebrow as if saying, 'I told you so.'

After entering the reception, Mr Jung was confronted by a what seemed like another counsellor. He looked extremely stressed and Daehyun could tell he probably needed some help with another patient from his dad.

"Daehyun? You mind staying here for a few minutes while I go take care of some grown-up business? You can get to know some of the teens here. They're very friendly!" Daehyun took in what his father just told him and gave him the 'WTF' face. He spreaking to him as if he was a child. He was 17 for goodness sake.
"Whatever." Before Daehyun could even finish his reply, his father was gone. Daehyun sighed. "Well, might as well cease my boredom." He made his way over to a group of teens and introduced himself, receiving a friendly response in return. 

After about half an hour of hanging with the teens, who he'd come to know pretty well, they had to leave for their counselling session, leaving Daehyun bored once again. He decided to check out the paintings on the wall to stop himself from running back home. Then he heard a loud thump. He turned around to indentify the source and found a crowd of about ten people who seemed to be surrounding someone. Daehyun quickly made his way though the crowd muttering apologies when he bumped into people. He finally got through everyone and stared at what he saw.

It was a boy. He didn't look too much younger than Daehyun himself. His hair was a firey red and he was dressed in a simple grey jumper that was clearly too big for him, and a pair of black skinny jeans with white Nike trainers. None of that fazed Daehyun however; it was when the boy looked up that Daehyun felt as if his heart had stopped, time had stopped, and everything around him had stopped. His milky skin contrasted to the boldness of his hair, and his button nose complimented his plumb, pink lips. Then there was his entrancing, sinfully innocent eyes that Daehyun was unable to tear his gaze from.The boy was simply breathtakingly georgous while adorable at the same time. Daehyun was immediately smitten.

While Daehyun was in his trance, the crowd had dispersed, no longer interested in the red head. That left Daehyun alone with him. Daehyun snapped out of his hypnotised state when the boy before him shifted his gaze uncomfortably. Daehyun shook his head and blinked a few times to get back to reality, then put on his brightest smile and decded to introduce himself.

"Hi, I'm Daehyun! By the way, what are you doing on the ground? Are you ok? Did you fall or something? Need some help?" All the questions Daehyun was attacking the poor boy with were making him stressed. He pushed himself further from Daehyun in an attempt to get away from the loud man before him. Daehyunn noticed how he must've frightened the boy and tried to calm him down. "No no no! Don't be scared! I just.. wanna know your name?" The beautiful boy seemed to grow less tense and Daehyun took this as a good sign. The red head pointed at the top right of his jumper where a name tag was located (Which, weirdly enough, Daehyun hadn't even noticed before.) 

"Yu..Kwon.. Yukwon? Yukwonnie~" Daehyun repeated the name to himself, completely loving the sound of it. "That's so adorable! It totally suits you." Daehyun complimented, earning him a shy smile from Yukwon. He grinned at his accomplishment, then realised the boy was still on the ground. "Oh! Come on I'll help you up." The confident male held out his hand to pull the shy boy up, a distinct blush making its way onto his face as their hands came into contact. When Yukwon stood up, Daehyun found the two of them were around the same height. Yukwon looked even more adorable when he was upright; the oversized sleeves of his jumper covered his hands and his fingers grabbed onto the hem tightly.

Before Daehyun could tell him how adorable he was, a man came up behind Yukwon, tapping his shoulder. The boy visibly jumped in surprise but calmed down as soon as he saw who the man was. 

"Let's go, Yukwon-ah. We still need to buy you a uniform for school on Monday." Yukwon glanced at Daehyun and gave him a small smile, then turned around to exit the building. The middle aged man that had stood behind him gave Daehyun a nod of acknowledgement, then followed after Yukwon, leaving Daehyun standing by himself.

"Hey Daehyun! I'm back~ Did you speak to the other kids? They were nice, right?" Mr Jung said as he strolled into the reception room. Daehyun hardly spared his dad a look and nodded absentmindedly while staring at the exit door that Yukwon had just walked through.

He was smitten.

 


 

A/N: Hope you enjoyed the first chapter of Speak :) Please COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE, and UPVOTE because it motivates me to keep going and lets me know people actually read this!

Thanks to everyone

CPC