Chapter 32

Eternally Yours

Chapter 32

 

Taeyeon happily walks out of the hospital. She doesn’t know if she should rejoice or be angry at what Yuri has done to cause Tiffany’s change of heart, but a part of her was glad that she will now get a chance with Tiffany.

 

*Was I being too forward to ask Tiffany to move in with me? Aish… but I can’t exactly let her stay with Yuri either. No matter. You did well, Taengoo.*

 

******

“Unnie… how could you…” Yoona says her voice full disgusts.

“Not now, Yoong…”

“Yuri unnie…” Seohyun says softly when she saw Yuri pass by her. She could see the anguish in Yuri’s eyes. But Seohyun couldn’t help but to feel disappointed in her unnie’s actions.

 

Yuri heard Seohyun call her name, but she couldn’t look into the innocent girl’s eyes. She knew both of her dongsaeng’s were disappointed in her. And she was disappointed in herself. More importantly, what was she going to do when Tiffany comes back home. That is, if Tiffany even decides to come back home.

 

Yuri threw her tired body on the unmade bed, after looking at the aftermath of her destruction and lets out a heavy sigh. There were so many thoughts running through her head. Yuri wasn’t sure what she was supposed to do next. But right now the person she wanted to be with the most was Jessica.

 

*Jessica… what am I supposed to tell her? Should I tell her the truth? Does it even matter if I tell her or not?*

 

******

Jessica finally got up out of bed to start her day when Nicole came back with the food. Jessica settled down at the seat in front of Nicole. The two started to eat in silence. Jessica tried her best to avoid making eye contact with Nicole. But Jessica knew that she had to stop this now, before it developed any further. But before she could start a voice came from the video phone.

 

“Unnie!” said the voice from the video phone.

 

The sound of the voice startled her almost causing her to choke on her food. It was the familiar and comforting voice of the younger sister that she misses dearly.

 

“Krystal!” Jessica exclaims after gulping down the bite of food in . “Oh my god! I miss you!”

“Unnie! How are you???” I miss you too!”

 

Nicole seeing that it was time for her to take her leave and let Jessica have some quality family time, quickly gathers her stuff up and excuse herself.

 

“Jessica, I’ll see you later. I’ll go ahead to the office first.”

 

Jessica nods and turns her attention back to the monitor.

 

“Unnie, who was that?? That doesn’t look like the girl that you’ve been pining over these past two years!”

“That… that was my assistant.”

“Oh… So, how is my unnie doing?”

“Honestly? Not well… I think I’ve messed up big time, Krystal…”

“What do you mean?”

“Do you remember Kwon Yuri?”

“Mm… that girl that you hung around with back in Korea?”

“Yeah…”

“What about her?”

“I think I’ve messed things up for me and Yuri.”

“Sica unnie… what happened?”

 

Jessica takes a deep breath before continuing to tell her younger sister the full story between her and Yuri. Even through the video phone’s screen, Krystal can see how much her sister loves Yuri. She can also see how her sister’s appearance has deteriorated from what it was when her sister was still in the states. Jessica was in tears by the time she finished telling the story to Krystal.

 

“Unnie… why are you always so stubborn? For once, can’t you let go of your pride? Unnie, you have to learn to forgive yourself. And it looks like Yuri already forgave you. Besides, you look miserable without her.” Krystal says and lets out a sigh. “Unnie someone told this once ‘no one falls in love by choice, it is by chance. No one stays in love by chance, it is by working hard. And no one falls out of love by chance, it is by choice’.”

 

It was as if Krystal’s word were rays of shining light that brought on a new hope for Jessica, she was glad she had the time to talk to her sister. This was what she needed to come to her senses.

 

“Unnie… isn’t your motto ‘Follow your heart’? I think it’s time you follow your own saying. Go to her, unnie.” Krystal says encouraging her older sister. “I have to go or umma will yell at me for making these expensive international calls and staying up late again.”

“Ya! Jung Soojung! Are you not sleeping yet?” Mrs. Jung shouts as she opens the door to check on Krystal.

“Aish… speak of the devil.” Jessica heard Krystal muttered in English, and she saw the petite middle-aged woman walking into the room. “Ya~ Mom I’m going to sleep right now! I was just calling to see how Jessica was doing~!”

“OH! Omo, omo! Sooyeon-ah!” Mrs. Jung greeted her eldest daughter after shoving her way to get in front of the screen.

“Hi mom. How are you?” Jessica greeted in return.

“Omo… look at my poor daughter… you look so skinny and pale! Are you eating well? Are you taking care of yourself? Work isn’t stressing you out is it? I knew this was a bad idea to send you off by yourself.” Mrs. Jung says, rambling on and on; not letting Jessica speak a word.

“Mommyy~ What about me?? I’m still here you know?” Krystal complained.

 

Jessica smiled at her sister and mom’s interactions; it reminded her how much she misses them. But she was glad that they could talk and see each other like this.

 

“Mom~! I’m fine! I’m eating just fine. I have an assistant to look after me, so it’s ok. She helps out a lot.” Jessica says comforting her mom.

“Are you sure?? Do you need me to fly there?”

“No mom it’s ok. I’m fine, really. Why don’t you two go to sleep and I’ll call you guys later when I have time ok?”

“Ok. You better take care of yourself. And if I find out that you’re not, I will fly over there and drag you back to the States myself. Got it?”

“Arrahso umma.” Jessica says.

“Good. Goodnight.”

“Goodnight unnie! Remember what I said ok?” Krystal says and waves happily to her sister.

 

Jessica waves back to her mom and sister, after a few seconds the screen went blank and she was alone again.

 

******

Yuri found herself standing in front of the hotel, contemplating whether she should go in or not. After having the mental debate with herself, Yuri pulls the door open and went into the hotel with only one thought in her mind.

 

*Sica…*

 

******

Nicole steps out of the elevator and her eyes met those of Yuri’s as soon as she got out and starts walking to the door. Yuri politely bows to the shorter girl and continued on her way to the elevator. Before she could go any further, Nicole reaches out and grab a hold of Yuri’s arm as they passed by each other.

 

“If you’re thinking about going up to see Jessica, then erase the thought from your mind. I won’t allow you to go up there.” Nicole says coldly.

 

The hold caught Yuri by surprise and she was taken aback by Nicole’s coldness. She didn’t expect this sort of action coming from Nicole, who she thought was a nice girl.

 

“I’m sorry?”

“I won’t let you hurt Jessica anymore. I’ll protect her from you, Kwon Yuri.”

 

Yuri shrugs off Nicole’s hold on her arm after hearing the Nicole’s statement.

 

“Look… I don’t know what intentions you have for Jessica. But I think you’re mistaken about who’s hurting who. And I don’t think you want to fight this futile battle with me, because I ensure you I will come out as the victor. Now excuse me, I need to be on my way.” Yuri says and walks away from Nicole, rendering her speechless.

“You don’t scare me, Kwon Yuri!!” Nicole shouted after Yuri.

 

Yuri simply smiles at the girl as the elevator door closes cutting off their eye contact. Nicole breathes out a sigh of relief after losing sight of Yuri. She didn’t know what came over her for her to utter those words to Yuri, but now that she did she wasn’t sure it was really a good idea.

 

*Aigo… what have I gotten myself into…? What am I going to do?? I don’t even have a good plan. Aish… Oh… I was supposed to do something today…* She thought about for a minute before she realizes that she was supposed to meet Tiffany.

 

Nicole takes out her phone and redials Tiffany’s number as she walks outside the hotel.

 

******

Tiffany sat on the bed staring out at the window pondering about what’s going to happen when her phone starts to ring.

 

“Hello?”

“Hi. Tiffany? It’s Nicole.”

“Oh hello.”

“I was just calling you to confirm about our meeting today.”

“Ah… Nicole… I’m sorry. I think we’ll have to postpone the meeting for quite some time… some things came up and I’m not in a condition to be working right now.”

“Oh. I understand. I’ll inform Jessica.”

 

Tiffany says her thanks to the girl for her understanding and quickly returns her gaze to scenery outside the window. Her eyes soon found a young couple sitting on a bench outside. She watches as the guy took off his jacket and places it on his girlfriend before wrapping his arms around her to keep her warm. Oh how she envies them.

 

*Am I really ready to accept Taeyeon? Is she the one my heart longs for? Is this fair to her?*

 

“Taeyeon-ah…”  

 

******

“Unnie… what’s going to happen now?” Seohyun questioned.

“I don’t know Hyunnie…”

“Is Fany unnie going to be ok?”

“I don’t know…”

“Unnieee~” Seohyun whines, shaking Yoona’s body hoping to get the answers out of her.

“Seohyun! Stop! I don’t know ok! I don’t know anything right now!” Yoona shouts at the girl beside her.

 

Seohyun was taken aback by Yoona’s yell. Yoona has never raised her voice at her before, but today she did and Seohyun wasn’t sure how to take it in. She removes her hand from Yoona and slowly got up.

 

“I’m s-sorry unnie. I won’t bother you anymore.” Seohyun says and left the room.

 

Usually this would be the time when she would chase after Seohyun, but it was different this time. She couldn’t even budge. Yoona heard the click of the door closing and lets out a sigh.

 

*Aish… Yoong-ah what are you doing?? Why did you get mad at her…?*

 

******

After the phone call with Krystal, Jessica made up her mind. It was about time she stops disregarding her heart and listen to it.

 

“I have to find Yuri.” She declares and gathers her things to leave, but the lingering thoughts of Nicole’s words came back to her.

 

“That’s right… what am I supposed to do with Nicole…? Aigo Sica, you cannot have wavering thoughts now. Fighting!” Jessica encourages herself as she turns the door knob.

 

As she opens the door, Jessica felt a sudden rush of wind and before she knew it the girl that she was going to see was hugging her.

 

“Sica…”

 

She heard Yuri whisper her name. Jessica wasn’t sure what was going on but she was glad Yuri was here.

 

“Please don’t push me away… I need you… just let me hug you for a just a moment…”